Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

CommieGIR posted:

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1008733623309209600

Russia really is getting their moneys worth.

Who's ready for Great Depression 2: Russian Boogaloo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hey all, do you want another reminder that anything touched by the morally bankrupt shitheads in this administration is warped and perverted to cause pain and suffering? Of course you do!

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/18/17449150/family-separation-policy-immigration-dhs-orr-health-records-undocumented-kids

See, the simple banal evil of just tearing away, locking up then abandoning these kids doesn't have enough of that sweet, sweet bigotry. So instead the reports from social workers they get evaluated by that are supposed to help them have been turned into another weapon. It's been decided that, welp, you filthy illegals we won't let in legally don't get protections of the law so stuff like HIPAA doesn't apply. Anything that can be used in your case against you to make deportation more likely is fair game, so it's showing up in more and more cases against the kids.

Man it would sure be a shame if you've been recently traumatized by some kind of event like leaving everything you know, possibly dying yourself while probably seeing others die, got separated from your parents and are being interviewed by probably the first person not animated by hatred of your society and said something that could be used against you. Yes sir, real shame. What's that? You say you worked for the cartels because your choice was very literally do or see another family member die? Man you must be one of those MS13 murderers we hear so much about. Welp, back you go. I'm sure you'll make it back without being decapitated and dumped in a ditch.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

bird food bathtub posted:

Hey all, do you want another reminder that anything touched by the morally bankrupt shitheads in this administration is warped and perverted to cause pain and suffering? Of course you do!

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/18/17449150/family-separation-policy-immigration-dhs-orr-health-records-undocumented-kids

See, the simple banal evil of just tearing away, locking up then abandoning these kids doesn't have enough of that sweet, sweet bigotry. So instead the reports from social workers they get evaluated by that are supposed to help them have been turned into another weapon. It's been decided that, welp, you filthy illegals we won't let in legally don't get protections of the law so stuff like HIPAA doesn't apply. Anything that can be used in your case against you to make deportation more likely is fair game, so it's showing up in more and more cases against the kids.

Man it would sure be a shame if you've been recently traumatized by some kind of event like leaving everything you know, possibly dying yourself while probably seeing others die, got separated from your parents and are being interviewed by probably the first person not animated by hatred of your society and said something that could be used against you. Yes sir, real shame. What's that? You say you worked for the cartels because your choice was very literally do or see another family member die? Man you must be one of those MS13 murderers we hear so much about. Welp, back you go. I'm sure you'll make it back without being decapitated and dumped in a ditch.

Want terrorists? This is how you get them. An entire generation of migrants is going to view the US as evil to the point of militancy.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Who's ready for Great Depression 2: Russian Boogaloo

Its the inevitable end of GOP policies of poisoning the water hole. They've elected a man who is going to make US financial so toxic, nobody will touch them, permanently breaking US soft power to the point of being irrecoverable, possibly even to the point where even US hard power is viewed as detrimental to world security.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 18, 2018

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

In 1942: “Guys I’m not supporting the internment camps it’s just that Japanese are a problem and we can’t really know where their loyalties lie.”

That was considered solid logic after the Niihau incident.

The other night I had a buddy pose the question of how well it would be received if China stops buying up US debt, and wants to cash out. Would be interesting to say the least.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

CommieGIR posted:

Want terrorists? This is how you get them. An entire generation of migrants is going to view the US as evil to the point of militancy.

A good percentage point of US citizens too. It will be like a new evolved form of Tankie

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I’m seeing some sort of convergence between the separation of migrant children and the creation of Trump’s Space Force. Kind of like a Universal Soldier type program, where the children serve as elite killing machines after indoctrination and training and the mandatory skin bleaching and renaming after Trump family members.

May the sacrifices of Barron 38-97A, slain while defending the Trump Hotel - Europa against the Sino-Russian Space Fleet, be not in vain.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

kupachek posted:

The other night I had a buddy pose the question of how well it would be received if China stops buying up US debt, and wants to cash out. Would be interesting to say the least.

They won't even have to cash out. The EU and other markets have shown perfect willingness to continue to consume Chinese made products and trade in Chinese goods.

They just have to....stop trading.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

China doesn't want to stop buying US debt. It allows them to keep their currency low compared to the dollar, which makes their exports more competitive.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

psydude posted:

China doesn't want to stop buying US debt. It allows them to keep their currency low compared to the dollar, which makes their exports more competitive.

Meh, they can artificially inflate/deflate as they want. It was part of the issue in trading with China, there's been suspicion for years that China was cooking its books. Chances are, China will find a way to shift purchasing debt somewhere else if it feels it can't get profit from the US due to tariffs.

China doesn't even have to fully stop trading to really hurt the US, just slow it enough to the point where there's insufficient supply stateside to hurt US assets.

https://twitter.com/ProPublica/status/1008758212739436544

The larger issue is even if Trump stops this policy (he won't, current reports are he wants to make this a Mid Terms issue) they have no system in place to resolve this.

This is hosed.

https://twitter.com/FridaGhitis/status/1008761544941932546

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 18, 2018

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Meh, they can artificially inflate/deflate as they want. It was part of the issue in trading with China, there's been suspicion for years that China was cooking its books. Chances are, China will find a way to shift purchasing debt somewhere else if it feels it can't get profit from the US due to tariffs.

China doesn't even have to fully stop trading to really hurt the US, just slow it enough to the point where there's insufficient supply stateside to hurt US assets.

https://twitter.com/ProPublica/status/1008758212739436544

The larger issue is even if Trump stops this policy (he won't, current reports are he wants to make this a Mid Terms issue) they have no system in place to resolve this.

This is hosed.

https://twitter.com/FridaGhitis/status/1008761544941932546

Well, that's a hell of a hill to die on.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Congratulations guys, you're replicating the most shameful event in Canadian History and bringing it into the 21st century. That's impressive.

(We used to strip native children away from their parents and put them in "residential schools" which were run by the Catholic Church in which the children were brought up to despise their own heritage and were abused on the regular)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Even though I joined federal service during the War on Desert Weddings I never thought this could happen.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

MA-Horus posted:

Congratulations guys, you're replicating the most shameful event in Canadian History and bringing it into the 21st century. That's impressive.

(We used to strip native children away from their parents and put them in "residential schools" which were run by the Catholic Church in which the children were brought up to despise their own heritage and were abused on the regular)

At least you presumably kept track of where you stashed the stolen kids

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The monkeys paw closes as the USA gets a nationwide high speed rail system.

To the camps.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

FAUXTON posted:

At least you presumably kept track of where you stashed the stolen kids

The schools had cemeterys

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Better than the Catholics in Ireland, they just dumped the dead kids in the septic tank

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Yeah, this is really sickening.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hot Karl Marx posted:

That's also something they almost certainly don't have at the kid jails and desert death camps.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

So really what the gently caress can be done?

I've called up my Congresswoman's office and gave some intern an earfull, and I'm volunteering with the campaign of a D to unseat her but otherwise I just sit here and read the news and get mad.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Arrath posted:

I've called up my Congresswoman's office and gave some intern an earfull, and I'm volunteering with the campaign of a D to unseat her but otherwise I just sit here and read the news and get mad.

just sit back and wait for the 2a types to do their sworn duty

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Arrath posted:

Exercising your Second Amendment right seems more and more to be the only option tbh

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

just sit back and wait for the 2a types to do their sworn duty

Something something Blue Lives Matter.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-...social_facebook

quote:

ast week, it emerged that the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (U.S.C.I.S.) had formed a task force in order to identify people who lied on their citizenship applications and to denaturalize them. Amid the overwhelming flow of reports of families being separated at the border and children being warehoused, this bit of bureaucratic news went largely unnoticed. But it adds an important piece to our understanding of how American politics and culture are changing.

Like many of the Trump Administration’s sadistic immigration innovations, the new task force doesn’t reflect a change in the law. In fact, like a number of practices, including mass deportations, it builds on the legacy of the Obama Administration, which set in motion the process of reëxamining old naturalization files. L. Francis Cissna, the director of U.S.C.I.S., told the Associated Press that his agency is looking for people who “should not have been naturalized in the first place”—for example, those who had been ordered to be deported earlier and obtained citizenship under a different name—and this sounds reasonable enough. It’s the apparent underlying premise that makes this new effort so troublesome: the idea that America is under attack by malevolent immigrants who cause dangerous harm by finding ways to live here.

Historically, naturalization has been an exceedingly rare occurrence, for good reason: by the time a person is naturalized, she has lived in this country for a number of years and has passed the hurdles of obtaining entry, legal permanent residency, and, finally, citizenship. The conceit of naturalization is that it makes an immigrant not only equal to natural-born citizens but indistinguishable from them. So denaturalization, much like the process of stripping a natural-born American of citizenship, has been an extraordinary procedure reserved for very serious cases, mostly those of war criminals.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Arrath posted:

Smoke a weed, relax for a while, and get mad again as you come down.

It's not effective for anything besides letting you get the rush of being angry again in a few hours and after some cheetos.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
2a guys will stop them as soon as they finish with the real threat, pictures of david hogg

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1008777921018957827

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Uh huh. I'll be interested when a member of the GOP calls for her resignation.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

mods change my name posted:

2a guys will stop them as soon as they finish with the real threat, pictures of david hogg

There's 2 hoggs now

https://twitter.com/David_Hogg16/status/1003067171629666304?s=19

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

(4.41 GPA)

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Smoke a weed, relax for a while, and get mad again as you come down.

It's not effective for anything besides letting you get the rush of being angry again in a few hours and after some cheetos.

I'm on a big work-related smoke break. :(

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Hey DR,

https://mobile.twitter.com/waltshaub/status/1008762886167105537

Stop defending this poo poo.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/HireMeImFunny/status/1008515700535816198

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im glad this news blew up

msnbc has nothing on their front page but the detention centers

cnn has it all up too

its loving disgusting

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh hey wanna get more mad

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/392774-ann-coulter-calls-immigrant-children-child-actors

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1008786240248909825

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im glad this news blew up

msnbc has nothing on their front page but the detention centers

cnn has it all up too

its loving disgusting

Fox has the Space Force news and is calling Trump "Big Rocket Man" :v:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Man, lot of people these days clamoring to get on the wrong side of future history books.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dear Laura,

Remember the vacation you had to take last time you couldn't keep your mouth shut. Please continue then go away forever.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

not caring here posted:

Man, lot of people these days clamoring to get on the wrong side of future history books.
That assumes that anyone will be around to write them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/TimOBrien/status/1008744188169654279

• Locked thread