Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Upcoming stink bomb grenade is gonna be fuuuuun in Tilted, imagine just completely filling a building with them, haha.

Would be cool if you could use the different grenade types as ammo for the grenade launcher.

Edit: anyone having issues with the Pleasant Park treasure map challenge? I've gotten it twice now, and neither time it has counted...

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I just hit 65 tonight and I have no faith that I will hit 80. I hit mid 70s last season.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I hit 70 today and I'm not sure I'll be able to hit 80 either :(

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Being old is realizing how ridiculous it is that Ninja's chat is full of financially illiterate people worried that he is losing too many subs, because he is only at 150,000 currently. For the three people who don't know what that means, his income is no less than $375,000 a month.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

No less than 525k *

E: Although I suppose it's possible that Twitch doesn't give 3.50 for twitch prime subs.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 18, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Seditiar posted:

No less than 525k *

E: Although I suppose it's possible that Twitch doesn't give 3.50 for twitch prime subs.

Nah, from all I’ve heard for streamers Twitch Prime sub is as good as any other.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kiranamos posted:

Being old is realizing how ridiculous it is that Ninja's chat is full of financially illiterate people worried that he is losing too many subs, because he is only at 150,000 currently. For the three people who don't know what that means, his income is no less than $375,000 a month.

I wish I could make $5,000 a month just streaming and playing video games.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone here know the exact amount of XP you get from the weekly challenges if you've already completed the 100 tiers?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Withouth double xp weekends many people will not get to 80.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That makes it rarer, on the plus side

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Little Bitch Man posted:

Anyone here know the exact amount of XP you get from the weekly challenges if you've already completed the 100 tiers?

Yes, you get 100 per star. So it's 500 for the easy challenges, 1000 for the hard ones. 1000 for the daily quests and secret battle star, as well. Level ups give you 200, 500 or 1000 (500 for levels ending in 5, 1000 for those ending in 0)

You get around 11,000 exp per week IIRC.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Nah, from all I’ve heard for streamers Twitch Prime sub is as good as any other.

Although that's true, streamers aren't allowed to talk about rates anymore as far as I know, for a few years now. Seeing as it's free money already (my Amazon prime is €4 per month, subbing = €5), it just wouldn't surprise me if they had the standard 2,50 rates for Prime subs.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Seditiar posted:

Although that's true, streamers aren't allowed to talk about rates anymore as far as I know, for a few years now. Seeing as it's free money already (my Amazon prime is €4 per month, subbing = €5), it just wouldn't surprise me if they had the standard 2,50 rates for Prime subs.

Nah, it perfectly fits with Amazon’s institutional strategy to treat these subs like first class citizens. Amazon spends money like there is no tomorrow, giving them their famous expansion rates that make industry sector stocks poo poo the bed when Amazon announces entry. I wouldn’t be at all surprised, and haven’t heard or “not heard” anything to the contrary, to see them compensating Prime sub difference to offset rocky start of Prime Video as such and hold the dominant line against YouTube and Facebook. It’s pennies to them and advantageous for streamers to pursue engagement with, and would be dumb for them make up some second tier subscribership stuff that streamers now have to sugarcoat.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Azran posted:

Yes, you get 100 per star. So it's 500 for the easy challenges, 1000 for the hard ones. 1000 for the daily quests and secret battle star, as well. Level ups give you 200, 500 or 1000 (500 for levels ending in 5, 1000 for those ending in 0)

Daily quests are 500.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Azran posted:

It sounds like there will not be any secret battles stars after week 7.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Azran posted:

Alright, thanks.

Okay, I don't think this will be too accurate, too lazy to count the XP from level ups.

but going from lvl 65 to lvl 80 takes 231000 XP (source)
There are 3 weeks of battle pass challenges (33000 XP total) and 21 days of daily challenges left (10500 XP total), so assuming you do all of them and collect the hidden stars, you'll have 187500 XP left to get via playing normally.

187500/ 21 days, that is around 8929 XP per day from normal gameplay required to get to level 80 starting from now.

It is doable, my dudes. Moreso, if there is a double xp event.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Nah, it perfectly fits with Amazon’s institutional strategy to treat these subs like first class citizens. Amazon spends money like there is no tomorrow, giving them their famous expansion rates that make industry sector stocks poo poo the bed when Amazon announces entry. I wouldn’t be at all surprised, and haven’t heard or “not heard” anything to the contrary, to see them compensating Prime sub difference to offset rocky start of Prime Video as such and hold the dominant line against YouTube and Facebook. It’s pennies to them and advantageous for streamers to pursue engagement with, and would be dumb for them make up some second tier subscribership stuff that streamers now have to sugarcoat.

Yeah that's a good point. Now that I'm reading that, it's 100% impossible for them to keep every streamer quiet about it in the first place.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My teammate boxed me out of a loot drop that I got to first so I broke the base of his tower and he fell and died

Am I playing 50v50 right

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

My teammate boxed me out of a loot drop that I got to first so I broke the base of his tower and he fell and died

Am I playing 50v50 right

I was convinced that the last enemy was in a certain structure so I rigged remote explosives all over the base and blew it to kingdom come. ... turns out they weren't, but several of my teammates were. Oops. It was pretty awesome though, and there were a few dozen of us trying to hunt down one fucker anyway.

Anywhere where do y'all gather? Hopefully not another god drat discord server, I'm in way too many already. I miss the days of IRC channels, keeping up with dozens of channels on dozens of servers is way too much for me and I basically end up not talking in any of them and then feel isolated blah.

... anyway yeah. I need to get a squad together long enough to do the disco ball, I've tried doing it in 50v50 but no one ever comes :(

Keiya fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 18, 2018

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Daily quests are 500.

Nope, I get 1000 whenever I complete them. It's 500 if your battle pass isn't maxed.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Am I playing 50v50 right

Did you sit there and wait for him to bleed put so you could loot his corpse?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Azran posted:

Nope, I get 1000 whenever I complete them. It's 500 if your battle pass isn't maxed.

Ah I guess they convert the star directly, rather than splitting them into tiers.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I’m starting to play consistently better, but I realized last night that I run into a situation pretty frequently that I don’t really know how to approach:

-While traveling, I see someone at longish range (too far for me to be accurate with AR)
-The person does not see me, but will if I start rushing

If I potshot the person, I’ll ping them for 30-60 damage depending on how many shots land, and if I snipe, I’ll most likely miss until I get way better at sniping. This says to me that rushing is my best bet.

I’m slowly getting better at ramp-walling, and I’ve finally realized that it’s far better to get height before shooting, but so far, it seems like fights come down to a 50/50 on whether my target is a better builder than me. What I see a lot is this:

-I get a few ramps up and take my first few shots
-they 1x1
-I turn into an idiot and ineffectively knock down a wall or two until they peek down my ramps and I die

I know the solution here is “get good” but I’m not sure on the HOW of that. It seems like the break is not really knowing how to deal with the opponent once they wall up. Any advice would be appreciated.

Emron fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 18, 2018

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

You can just ignore the person if you aren't in a good position to kill them.

I mean if the goal is survival, and you know engaging is risky, then you might be better off keeping your distance from that person.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
If that's really what's holding you back then you might want to dedicate an equipment slot for one of the 'counters' to building - C4, nades/launcher, impulse. The newly re-introduced bounce pads can get you into shotgun range as well.

There are also smart ways to take down buildings that don't revolve around explosives or mobility tools - if you have a burst rifle for example you can engineer it so that your first shot of a burst is what brings a wall down, leaving the other two to potentially deal damage before the opponent can replace the wall.

It also sounds like you're going aggro and then holding off at some point. If I really want to rush someone what I do is I build single-high ramps just for cover to approach, then once I'm close enough I build a 2-wide ramp with walls underneath the whole way. This will slow down their attempts to knock down your ramps enough for you to get the height advantage. Try to start building the ramp so that you end up ~2 units above them vertically once you are at their 1x1. Don't be afraid to drop down on them with a floor/ramp blueprint selected, and then build them into their own tower.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Johnny Truant posted:

Upcoming stink bomb grenade is gonna be fuuuuun in Tilted, imagine just completely filling a building with them, haha.

Has anyone said fartnite yet?

No?

Fartnite.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
*fartnut

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
So at range, you ramp up a bit then start shooting, then they 1x1 higher than you?

Your options are to:
Run away / reposition
Reinforce / build up your perch (1x1) and fight base-to-base from range
Hide your position with 3 or 4 walls / the environment, then peek out and try to get free surprise shots at range.
Rush them. If they're close, you can start (double or ramp with wall) ramping, but if they're farther away you have to approach with some small ramp shields or wall shields, depending on their angle above you.

If you're rushing them, make sure you build early enough that your ramp is 2 blocks higher than their base by the time you're next to them.

Watch some pro videos on youtube and fast forward to the parts where they're running through fields. Similar situations come up a lot.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

The new Obliterator sniper rifle in save the world is so awesome. I leveled it to 40 and headshots 1 shots everything except crushers in PL64-70. A decent trap setup to melt little guys and rain down hell from a sky tower.

It’s probably not as effective as other things just it feels awesome to shoot compared to the other snipers.

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
See my strategy is to hide until there's only a few left then try to fight them shotgun to shotgun.

Problem is I lose.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Emron posted:

I’m starting to play consistently better, but I realized last night that I run into a situation pretty frequently that I don’t really know how to approach:

-While traveling, I see someone at longish range (too far for me to be accurate with AR)
-The person does not see me, but will if I start rushing

If I potshot the person, I’ll ping them for 30-60 damage depending on how many shots land, and if I snipe, I’ll most likely miss until I get way better at sniping. This says to me that rushing is my best bet.

I’m slowly getting better at ramp-walling, and I’ve finally realized that it’s far better to get height before shooting, but so far, it seems like fights come down to a 50/50 on whether my target is a better builder than me. What I see a lot is this:

-I get a few ramps up and take my first few shots
-they 1x1
-I turn into an idiot and ineffectively knock down a wall or two until they peek down my ramps and I die

I know the solution here is “get good” but I’m not sure on the HOW of that. It seems like the break is not really knowing how to deal with the opponent once they wall up. Any advice would be appreciated.
Those 30-60 "pot shots" are important. Most likely the person will box themselves up and drink shields/heal. Which gives you time to push while they are healing. Win the "pot shot" battle and push while they are healing. If they don't box up/heal then you can just keep shooting them at range.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

1,5 hour downtime and counting for a fart grenade in BR and an 8-bit hero in PvE. :negative:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It’ll forever be Port-a-Storm in my heart.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Seditiar posted:

1,5 hour downtime and counting for a fart grenade in BR and an 8-bit hero in PvE. :negative:

my guess is they're also fixing the "accidental swastika" that happens if you put 4 metal floor tiles next to each other.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

AAB posted:

my guess is they're also fixing the "accidental swastika" that happens if you put 4 metal floor tiles next to each other.

:laffo: you weren't even kidding. It'll be fixed next week most likely (according to PCGamer anyway).

Edit: It's still in. I'm surprised anyone even found it honestly..

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jun 19, 2018

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Johnny Truant posted:

I think if the effect is big at release, they will make it smaller in future patches.

People hate to get killed by something they have a hard time to avoid. Even more if it give kills to noobs.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is it just me or are the teams more cohesive in this iteration of 5 teams of 20 mode?

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

th3t00t posted:

Those 30-60 "pot shots" are important. Most likely the person will box themselves up and drink shields/heal. Which gives you time to push while they are healing. Win the "pot shot" battle and push while they are healing. If they don't box up/heal then you can just keep shooting them at range.

To continue this thread: Double ramp up over the top of their tower. If you are too close build a floor>ramp>floor to get yourself up an extra level (with walls if you are worried about AR spam).

If they build a tower four or more tiles tall just edit out one of your ramps or walls to get free shots at the base. You take the whole thing down or force them to come out of it.

Or just be like me and all the streamers I watch and carry all the c4 you possibly can. I blow up peoples structures before they even get off the ground and spam ar at them.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Shadowstar posted:

To continue this thread: Double ramp up over the top of their tower. If you are too close build a floor>ramp>floor to get yourself up an extra level (with walls if you are worried about AR spam).

If they build a tower four or more tiles tall just edit out one of your ramps or walls to get free shots at the base. You take the whole thing down or force them to come out of it.

Or just be like me and all the streamers I watch and carry all the c4 you possibly can. I blow up peoples structures before they even get off the ground and spam ar at them.

Yeah I've been running c4 a lot now. I drop my second shotgun for it as soon as I find it, so I'll usually have tac+ar+scope+c4+shields

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Did they buff C4 recently or something? I still haven't used it since, uh, basically it came out, but maybe I should..