Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

patonthebach posted:

Virtually all gun violence is caused by younger men. Many mass shooters are men with severe problems with women.

Instead of 30 make it 80

And both genders

And instead of 80 make it so only dogs and cats can own guns, you almost never hear of a dog shooting his owner and cats can already kill you if they want, they'd just do it in your sleep, so the gun doesn't matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

QuarkJets posted:

Instead of 30 make it 80

And both genders

And instead of 80 make it so only dogs and cats can own guns, you almost never hear of a dog shooting his owner and cats can already kill you if they want, they'd just do it in your sleep, so the gun doesn't matter

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
a serious civil rights advocacy organization

https://twitter.com/NRA/status/1008016352211283969

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
http://6abc.com/22-injured-suspect-killed-in-trenton-arts-festival-shooting/3612187/

quote:

22 injured, suspect killed in Trenton arts festival shooting

TRENTON (WPVI) --
Twenty-two people including a child were injured and one of the suspected gunmen was killed after gunfire broke out during a 24-hour arts festival in Trenton, New Jersey.

Earlier Sunday, Onofri said officials believe an officer shot and killed the suspect. The Mercer County's Prosecutors Office Homicide Task Force has taken over the investigation due to the officer-involved shooting.

Seventeen of those injured suffered gunshot wounds, Onofri said. A 13-year-old boy and three other people are in critical condition.

Onofri says multiple individuals who were attending the event opened fire in the venue. Several weapons have been recovered.

yep definitely a good thing that so many guns are going around, it makes everyone so much safer :thunk:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
well a good guy with a GUN eventually stopped a bad guy with a GUN so clearly the second amendment is working as intended

suck it up liberailures :fsmug:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

yeah a gun clearly saved the day, what's the big deal??? gun control clearly isnt required

wait one sec the machine that lets me huff my own farts without making me bend over has come loose, i need to adjust it

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

botany posted:

http://6abc.com/22-injured-suspect-killed-in-trenton-arts-festival-shooting/3612187/

yep definitely a good thing that so many guns are going around, it makes everyone so much safer :thunk:

I was at that event yesterday, I thought it was going pretty well but the performance art evidently got a bit too real.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Have you considered guns can be used to shoot fascists

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Yes. Fascists however worship the glory of death and the best victory against them is to leave them blubbering humiliated in public. Why do you think they're so keen about triggering libs? It's the most horrific thing they can think of, being made upset, that won't get them arrested.

But at any rate we can use guns to shoot fascists into space if we work hard enough at it.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Don’t waste bullets on fascists lmao that’s like the basics

Fascists are to be put in a burlap bag with a couple of heavy rocks and then drowned in the river like a runty kitten

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
wow don't drown kittens :mad:

shoot them, it's quicker and more humane.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
aaand that's a wrap. thanks everybody, you all did great, see you next thread :coffeepal:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

If history has shown us anything it is that a good old fashioned rope is just as effective at killing fascists.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Weaponized diseases could also potentially kill a lot of fascists, and yet...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Nosfereefer posted:

Weaponized diseases could also potentially kill a lot of fascists, and yet...

Those are a little harder to aim

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Those are a little harder to aim

Just aim and sneeze, it's not that hard.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
The CIA must love reading this thread.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

patonthebach posted:

i've read "legacy of ashes", the CIA can't read.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

great book.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is this the thread where I argue the American Automobile Association is morally equivalent to the National Rifle Association? They closed the car terrorists thread, sadly.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

patonthebach posted:

Something tells me that the CIA isn't too worried about a bunch of sessile careposters, especially ones with such delusions of grandeur and record of repeated failure in the one endeavor they seem to be the most mad about. Carry on though, i'm sure it's all very cathartic to pat each other on the back in congratulations over your sweeping gun control legislative victories

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Is this the thread where I argue the American Automobile Association is morally equivalent to the National Rifle Association? They closed the car terrorists thread, sadly.

No this is the thread where angry helpless opponents of the Bill of Rights explain to everyone how they're coming to take their guns away. Homework Explainer has kind of coddled them, so it's devolved down into a self referential circle jerk

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

No this is the thread where angry helpless opponents of the Bill of Rights explain to everyone how they're coming to take their guns away. Homework Explainer has kind of coddled them, so it's devolved down into a self referential circle jerk
sorry bud, it's actually the thread where gunhavers masturbate over how there's no such thing as an assault weapon while huffing farts and skimming studies for datapoints that fit their cherrypicked bullshit. hth!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Elizabethan Error posted:

sorry bud, it's actually the thread where gunhavers masturbate over how there's no such thing as an assault weapon while huffing farts and skimming studies for datapoints that fit their cherrypicked bullshit. hth!

There's plenty of huffing farts going around then. Weren't you coming to take my guns?

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

There's plenty of huffing farts going around then. Weren't you coming to take my guns?
you might actually be hypoxic as i never said that.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

someone scares him, and he fires off at the first person he sees

if he did not exist it would be necessary to create him

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Gee, you're right, I went back and read your posts, you were the guy who through the magic of wishful thinking wants to claim that the 2nd amendment isn't part of the bill of rights. I'm sure that'll make it easy for you guys to get it repealed lickety split. you do have the fierce moral urgency of some high school students behind you now!

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

Gee, you're right, I went back and read your posts, you were the guy who through the magic of wishful thinking wants to claim that the 2nd amendment isn't part of the bill of rights. I'm sure that'll make it easy for you guys to get it repealed lickety split. you do have the fierce moral urgency of some high school students behind you now!
no, i'm the guy who watched you contort and twist to avoid admitting that there's 'amendments' to the bill of rights. hth :)

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

gobbagool posted:

Something tells me that the CIA isn't too worried about a bunch of sessile careposters, especially ones with such delusions of grandeur and record of repeated failure in the one endeavor they seem to be the most mad about. Carry on though, i'm sure it's all very cathartic to pat each other on the back in congratulations over your sweeping gun control legislative victories

Ah yes, the delusions of people who think guns should be regulated.

The Good Guy With Gun Patriots, they are based in reality.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

no, i'm the guy who watched you contort and twist to avoid admitting that there's 'amendments' to the bill of rights. hth :)

I think it's great optics for supporters of the Bill of Rights to have folks like you trying to make legalistic arguments to take their rights away, especially of the sort where you act like the Bill of Rights isn't really a thing. I encourage it wholeheartedly, and recommend you vote for whichever candidate running on the D ticket in 2020 is most stridently anti Bill of Rights.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

gobbagool posted:

I think it's great optics for supporters of the Bill of Rights to have folks like you trying to make legalistic arguments to take their rights away, especially of the sort where you act like the Bill of Rights isn't really a thing. I encourage it wholeheartedly, and recommend you vote for whichever candidate running on the D ticket in 2020 is most stridently anti Bill of Rights.

Bill of Rights is definitely a thing, and it definitely doesn't guarantee unrestricted access to as many guns of any type as you like.

It's funny because the best argument you can muster is "People who don't like my bizarre interpretation of the 2nd hate freedom" and LOL that is dumb as poo poo.

Additionally most normal people think that's insane which is why they support gun control.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Jaxyon posted:

Ah yes, the delusions of people who think guns should be regulated.

The Good Guy With Gun Patriots, they are based in reality.

guns are regulated. Maybe not as much as you would like, but that's not the same thing as not at all.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Jaxyon posted:

Bill of Rights is definitely a thing, and it definitely doesn't guarantee unrestricted access to as many guns of any type as you like.

The Supreme Court thinks otherwise, but I'm sure you or elizabethan error will just handwaive the SC away as 'just another court' with no greater significance than any other court

Jaxyon posted:

It's funny because the best argument you can muster is "People who don't like my bizarre interpretation of the 2nd hate freedom" and LOL that is dumb as poo poo.

Additionally most normal people think that's insane which is why they support gun control.

then it should be easy for you to get some gun control passed. why is it that keeps not happening? I get why you people are so terrified of the NRA because for a relatively tiny lobbying organization they sure seem to wield a lot of power! I get that you have to think that because it's easier than facing the reality that even with push polling, there's only a tiny number of people who are single issue gun control voters, who are massively outnumbered by people who are single issue voter against new gun control measures.

edit: just to be clear, i agree with the SC's interpretation of the 2A, as do many if not most gun owners. it would seem that you and your fellow grabbers have the bizarre interpretation, unless you're going to dig your heels in and continue to insist that the Huffington Post comments section is actually the final arbiter of what the constitution and BoR actually say

gobbagool fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 18, 2018

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

yah how dare people support kids not wanting to get shot in schools so you can have your security blanket without any fuss to protect you against communists black people the shadows that make you jump when you're not looking.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

gobbagool posted:

The Supreme Court thinks otherwise, but I'm sure you or elizabethan error will just handwaive the SC away as 'just another court' with no greater significance than any other court

then it should be easy for you to get some gun control passed. why is it that keeps not happening? I get why you people are so terrified of the NRA because for a relatively tiny lobbying organization they sure seem to wield a lot of power! I get that you have to think that because it's easier than facing the reality that even with push polling, there's only a tiny number of people who are single issue gun control voters, who are massively outnumbered by people who are single issue voter against new gun control measures.

They are a powerful lobby at the national level, you are dumb.

quote:

edit: just to be clear, i agree with the SC's interpretation of the 2A, as do many if not most gun owners. it would seem that you and your fellow grabbers have the bizarre interpretation, unless you're going to dig your heels in and continue to insist that the Huffington Post comments section is actually the final arbiter of what the constitution and BoR actually say

Gun owners are a tiny minority who the gently caress cares?

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Jaxyon posted:

They are a powerful lobby at the national level, you are dumb.

Gun owners are a tiny minority who the gently caress cares?

how is the NRA a powerful lobby? they dont even rank in the top 100 lobbying orgs by dollars? (https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=d000000082id=d000000082) Are you going to say that they wield some massive influence with voters? how does that jive with your second statement?

Plus, i'm not sure that 42% of the households (https://www.statista.com/statistics/249740/percentage-of-households-in-the-united-states-owning-a-firearm/) counts as a 'tiny minority' but I get that you people tend to be bad at math so I'll let it slide on account of you being wrong about basically everything

edit; you know who are a tiny minority? people like you and the rest of the grabbers in this thread. I guess that's why you have to huddle so close to each other, so the echo doesn't get lost in the vast spaces between you

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

gobbagool posted:

The SC made a 180 on their opinion on the second amendment in 2008, maybe don't be a dipshit? The idea that any and all gun control infringes on the second amendment is a brand new interpretation, it's the weird one.

And please please please argue that just because it's new doesn't mean it's wrong and compare it to slavery. Please do this totally normal thing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

gobbagool posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eya_k4P-iEo

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

The SC made a 180 on their opinion on the second amendment in 2008, maybe don't be a dipshit? The idea that any and all gun control infringes on the second amendment is a brand new interpretation, it's the weird one.

And please please please argue that just because it's new doesn't mean it's wrong and compare it to slavery. Please do this totally normal thing.

Was it really a 180? And I dont think their formal conclusion was "any and all gun control infringes on the 2A".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Under a third of people own guns. You went with household because it's the biggest number you could find, while still being a minority.

However I'd wager the idiots like you who believe in the crazy-person version of the 2nd amendment are probably the 3% who own half the guns in the country.

Meanwhile, support for stricter gun control polls at like 70%

• Locked thread