Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mustard_tiger
Nov 8, 2010

Anime Reference posted:

Half the people who fly that flag don't live in the South.

I've seen the flag flown in Ontario, Canada by people who have no connection to America or the South.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

there wolf posted:

A lot of those memorials popping up in non-Southern states is the result of the Daughters of the Confederacy paying to put them all over the country. At best Portlanders of yore didn't care enough to block the lovely statue going up.

drat Yore-tlanders :argh:

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

mustard_tiger posted:

I've seen the flag flown in Ontario, Canada by people who have no connection to America or the South.

A couple weeks ago I saw two on the back dash of a car in middle-of-nowhere Germany. With huge lettering in the back window saying ROCKABILLY. Alas, I didn't have a camera on hand for evidence collection.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's a super-common thing among Swedish raggare too. They co-opt elements of Americana largely without context, and the Confederate flag is part of that. Casual racism is another.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007
I've seen one in Australia, covering the entire back window of a car.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

It's a super-common thing among Swedish raggare too. They co-opt elements of Americana largely without context, and the Confederate flag is part of that. Casual racism is another.

Hah thanks for this- now it makes sense why I saw a hot rod driving through Sigtuna on national day when I was visiting earlier this month.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

mustard_tiger posted:

And my mother still tries to pretend it's "about heritage, not hate." Jesus. It's a flag made by racists for racists. As a Southernor, you have my permission to quote me on that.

E: I posted some long poo poo about the flag, but it's not worth the derail it might cause. Don't fly the racist flag, please.

DicktheCat has a new favorite as of 22:41 on Jun 18, 2018

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I’ve seen more stars and bars here (and a lot of dumb apologist bullshit for it) more than I did in the states. It’s loving disgusting but turns out you can be hopelessly ignorant anywhere in the world.

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer

The Sezza posted:

I've seen one in Australia, covering the entire back window of a car.

All over the place in Queensland

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

DicktheCat posted:

As a Southernor, you have my permission to quote me on that.

Deeply seconded on the grave of my Confederate ancestors. Whatever the hell they thought they were fighting for, that flag is unquestionably the emblem of the KKK. gently caress it and gently caress everyone that flies it like they don't know that.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
If they were concermed about heritage, they'd use the actual national flag of the CSA rather than the naval jack (with the wrong proportions, to boot -- the X flag was square was square in the colors of Lee's Army's battle flag that people use nowadays, the Navy flag was rectangular but with a much lighter blue.).

Chillbro Baggins has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Jun 18, 2018

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
Done by a scratcher who is practicing on their own legs and doing 2 Disney themed sleeves on her ex girlfriend/best friend

A couple of days later, the person with the finger tattoo complained that ‘the logo came off :magical:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Why are you posting terrible tattoos in the Confederate flag thread? :v:

I am amazed all of those are spelled correctly though.

ricketyvickyt posted:

A couple of days later, the person with the finger tattoo complained that ‘the logo came off :magical:

:stonk:

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

whypick1 posted:

Why are you posting terrible tattoos in the Confederate flag thread? :v:

I am amazed all of those are spelled correctly though.

:stonk:

First one says "Imagiration" and "Dreans" though I don't know if that counts as spelling mistakes or not knowing cursive script.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Shows you how much I use cursive!

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

The scratchers response was...

I told you finger tatts don’t last long.

It was literally 4 or 5 days after they did it :doh:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ricketyvickyt posted:

Done by a scratcher who is practicing on their own legs and doing 2 Disney themed sleeves on her ex girlfriend/best friend

I mean they all look like they will be good panthers eventually

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

ricketyvickyt posted:

Laughter
Pis time less

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I initially parsed that as some kind of equation.

Laughter is time less Imagination. L=T-I

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Endless Mike posted:

I mean they all look like they will be good panthers eventually

Nah, a good dark rose is a good cover up.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Applesnots posted:

Nah, a good dark rose is a good cover up.

lucky for her shes got room for both!

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Carbon Thief posted:

First one says "Imagiration" and "Dreans" though I don't know if that counts as spelling mistakes or not knowing cursive script.

What's funny is they have both correct R's and N's in there, but still made that one N an R.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I don't care if it's fake; it's just perfect :allears:

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
I want it to be real and I want him to tell that story every day for the rest of his life. It’s amazing :golfclap:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
There is always hope.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheRealBuby/status/1006980295051173888

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

lmao jesus christ

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Looks like someone took a bat to Ben Stiller's face

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
So I never heard of that guy before but I don't really keep up with politics or religious debate at all so that's probably why. I looked at google images as I was curious how accurate that tattoo actually was. Then I spotted what seems to be the source image of that tattoo used as an example of his smugness on this blog from some dude who really loving hates him for some reason...

http://mixedmentalarts.co/the-affleck-redemption-sam-harris-isnt-reasonable-hes-obtuse/

Anyway when I reverse image searched it did this

:sad:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

“I’ve made a huge mistake”

Wait that’s not GOB?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I thought it was that guy from it's always sunny

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Field Mousepad posted:

I thought it was that guy from it's always sunny

My first thought was Dennis and the Reason Will Prevail ep but Dennis never says that

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Now I want to see a tattoo of Glenn Howerton with either “The Implication” or “D.E.N.N.I.S” scripted above it. Someone photoshop that.

vVv LOL vVv

Shawn has a new favorite as of 21:35 on Jun 21, 2018

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

No need to photoshop:

https://twitter.com/glennhowerton/status/408087096239210496

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ugh

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I thought a Dennis tattoo might be cool, but yep that's awful.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That's a bad Blue Steel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK!