Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/jessemckinley/status/1008785652312395776?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Main Paineframe posted:

school shooters are basically Voldemort anyway

complete with scared liberals who think it's scandalous and terrifying to even mention their names, a media that buries any mention of their neo-Nazi beliefs, and a government that outright ignores their connections to downright genocidal movements

great job erasing minorities from their rightful place at the top of the school shooter lists

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Grondoth posted:

Remember when people got really mad at the one guy who made an ad for MoveOn that called Petraeus "Betray Us," and then years later we learned he was leaking national secrets to cheat on his wife

In "The Operator" the author says Petraeus had that nickname already in the army. His genius was making himself look good and our media just eat his poo poo up.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Congress passed a resolution condemning it, which had Democratic support a mere three years after Bush smeared Kerry's war record. :bravo:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Rand alPaul posted:

Congress passed a resolution condemning it, which had Democratic support a mere three years after Bush smeared Kerry's war record. :bravo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoveOn.org_ad_controversy

I looked up this article to see "what ever happened with that" and they scrubbed the content from their website when Obama nominated him

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC6ZUBF6rSo

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Rand alPaul posted:

Speaking of.

Here is an interesting tidbit.

quote:

Yet as the premier voice of the white-nationalist movement, the Occidental Quarterly acts as a roundtable for some of the far right's most influential figures. And with election day only eight weeks away, many of the activists and intellectuals on the Quarterly's board are campaigning -- from Western swing states to backrooms at the Republican national convention -- to reshape the Republican Party in their ideological mold.

Sitting on the Occidental's advisory board is a who's who of the national anti-immigration movement, including Virginia Abernathy, a Vanderbilt University professor and self-avowed "separationist" who is directing a contentious anti-immigrant Arizona ballot measure, Protect Arizona Now. Also on the board is Brent Nelson of the American Immigration Control Foundation. He's working with a coalition of anti-immigrant groups to support the congressional campaigns of Republican candidates who have opposed more lenient immigration policies. The Occidental's publisher is William Regnery II, a white nationalist and heir to the fortune of Regnery Publishing Inc., which recently published Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry.

Via White Noise by Max Blumenthal at The American Prospect.

The date?

August 31, Two Thousand loving Four

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

This implies Hillary has a problem turning right

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:hai:

https://twitter.com/michaelwhitney/status/1008828716401782784

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

dems who voted to approve Nielsen:

Carper (D-DE)
Coons (D-DE)
Donnelly (D-IN)
Heitkamp (D-ND)
King (I-ME)
Manchin (D-WV)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Tester (D-MT)
Warner (D-VA)

SUCCCCCCCCC!!!!!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So Trump's approval rating is at a record high and is a throw away from fifty percent.

Why isn't The Resistance working?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

So Trump's approval rating is at a record high and is a throw away from fifty percent.

because people don't respond to showy, performative horseshit? because the dems in power want the same things trump does?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it turns out critcizing trump for policies obama has already done isn't effective

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I still maintain the Dems are barely criticizing Trump. More like they're agreeing with him on 90% of the rear end in a top hat moves and the only recent thing has been the child concentration camps. "Trump bad" would be a better message than the absolute load of nothing they've been pushing for the past year.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Yanis in seattle on obama and his policy differences with trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkmGfY9iY9Y&t=633s

he also starts off talking about the seattle head tax at the beginning

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MizPiz posted:

This implies Hillary has a problem turning right

can’t turn right when you were always heading straight right your entire political career

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

punk rebel ecks posted:

He's got like an 80% approval rating with Republicans. To win Democrats need to get their voters to turn out, they are not going to convince Republicans to vote against Trump.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

axelord posted:

He's got like an 80% approval rating with Republicans. To win Democrats need to get their voters to turn out, they are not going to convince Republicans to vote against Trump.

I have a much better idea. Since the Democrats' base has nowhere to go and is fired up to vote against Trump, the Democrats can gain a ton of votes from moderate Republicans by making clear they are open to compromise solutions and reaching across the aisle. This will make it so the moderate anti-Trump Republicans that must number at least 50% of all Republican voters have a reason to vote Dem. If they can peel off even half of those or convince them to stay home, and combine those with the 50% of voters that always vote Dem and have no reason not to, they will win in a landslide.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shear Modulus posted:

I have a much better idea. Since the Democrats' base has nowhere to go and is fired up to vote against Trump, the Democrats can gain a ton of votes from moderate Republicans by making clear they are open to compromise solutions and reaching across the aisle. This will make it so the moderate anti-Trump Republicans that must number at least 50% of all Republican voters have a reason to vote Dem. If they can peel off even half of those or convince them to stay home, and combine those with the 50% of voters that always vote Dem and have no reason not to, they will win in a landslide.

Sounds foolproof.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

dems who voted to approve Nielsen:

Carper (D-DE)
Coons (D-DE)
Donnelly (D-IN)
Heitkamp (D-ND)
King (I-ME)
Manchin (D-WV)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Tester (D-MT)
Warner (D-VA)

SUCCCCCCCCC!!!!!

Would the GOP been able to confirm any of Trump's appointments without any Dems? Dems should stop voting for any of Trump's appointments, but I know that will never, ever happen.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Shear Modulus posted:

\

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

theCalamity posted:

Would the GOP been able to confirm any of Trump's appointments without any Dems? Dems should stop voting for any of Trump's appointments, but I know that will never, ever happen.

McCaskill was one of Hillary's top minions, not suprised she endorsed so many batshit crazy Trump nominees

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Shear Modulus posted:

I still maintain the Dems are barely criticizing Trump. More like they're agreeing with him on 90% of the rear end in a top hat moves and the only recent thing has been the child concentration camps. "Trump bad" would be a better message than the absolute load of nothing they've been pushing for the past year.
Because they don't actually disagree with him on many, if any, policy positions.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

theCalamity posted:

you fool. you idiot. you loving moron. if they had held up trunmp's nominees they would have lost all of their political capital

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

theCalamity posted:

Would the GOP been able to confirm any of Trump's appointments without any Dems?

Yes.

I mean, I agree with you, but they just needed a simple majority for confirmation.

e. DeVos, Mulvaney, and Price didn't get any Democratic yes votes. Manchin voted for Sessions, so Sessions didn't get any Democratic yes votes either.

docbeard has issued a correction as of 01:26 on Jun 19, 2018

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice
lol Joe Crowley sent a surrogate to take his place in his next debate

https://twitter.com/nevernotever/status/1008843180081664000

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

unbutthurtable posted:

lol Joe Crowley sent a surrogate to take his place in his next debate

https://twitter.com/nevernotever/status/1008843180081664000

I think she legit has a chance. it feels like she's got some momentum going and Crowley is shook.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Matt Zerella posted:

I think she legit has a chance. it feels like she's got some momentum going and Crowley is shook.

honestly, there was weeks of pretty intense internal debate about NYC DSA endorsing her, but at this point I think she's wildly exceeded the expectations of even her strongest endorse-stans

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Minnesota DFL endorsed Ilhan Omar for Keith's Congressional seat, which is basically the only political news today that hasn't made me want to scream myself hoarse.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Phone posted:

マンチンさん〜〜 ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡

please let that rear end in a top hat make international news at least once so i can hear dozens of comedians' hot takes on his name

tl note: 'pussydick'

possibly even better than mccain's 'loser'

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Phone posted:

マンチンさん〜〜 ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡

I believe a congressperson would have the suffix 君

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

unending torment and suffering

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

docbeard posted:

Minnesota DFL endorsed Ilhan Omar for Keith's Congressional seat, which is basically the only political news today that hasn't made me want to scream myself hoarse.

Wait, like, the party is trying to oust the incumbent?

What's the context?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

unbutthurtable posted:

Wait, like, the party is trying to oust the incumbent?

What's the context?

no keith is running for minesotta AG

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Not the biggest fan of John Oliver but :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxjOCxuSc0I

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

motherfucker shook

seriously though, I am a bit worried about the future of the guy (or someone who isn't even a guy) that depends on selling weed under the table at black market prices

poor out one of your artisanal THC infused gluten free oat beer for him (or her)

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1008565052688003072?s=19

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Bushes will only be rehabilitated when they appear on Ellen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Over Easy posted:

motherfucker shook

seriously though, I am a bit worried about the future of the guy (or someone who isn't even a guy) that depends on selling weed under the table at black market prices

poor out one of your artisanal THC infused gluten free oat beer for him (or her)

yeah this is a serious problem, the gentrification of weed means the people who actually took the trouble and risk of providing it and were often people of poor means get thrown aside so some already cozy white person can pull a legal 150k a year, put that guy out of work, and hire some dumbass for 8 dollars an hour because "you get to sell weed, dude"

• Locked thread