Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Over Easy posted:

this lovely world wouldn't be half as lovely if science bitches didn't get cucked by so entirely by the police state

in the selections from this article this dork is excited that he is helping the police tap into your deeply personal chemical history in order to give bastard cops and corporate creeps more information about how you fritter away your time

motherfucking gattaca world right around the corner

you spend so much time regurgitating your public health pitch you spew to get funding to do what you want that your start yo buy into your own bullshit

either that or its all bs publicity to site on grants to get more money

everythings a goddamn hustle definancialize science this poo poo goes away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Xand_Man posted:

Did they fix the thing where clones keep the genetic age of the original and start to develop all sorts of horrid disorders

yeah pet cloning is pretty stable these days even though its horribly weird selfish and excessive

basically max late stage capitalism/cyberpunk

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Xand_Man posted:

Did they fix the thing where clones keep the genetic age of the original and start to develop all sorts of horrid disorders

Wait, what's this now?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Tangentially related, but is The 6th Day as fun as I remember it being?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Food Boner posted:

you spend so much time regurgitating your public health pitch you spew to get funding to do what you want that your start yo buy into your own bullshit

either that or its all bs publicity to site on grants to get more money

everythings a goddamn hustle definancialize science this poo poo goes away

"what he does" is forensic science, and it's been literally his entire academic career, so I'm pretty sure he just drank deep of the kool-aid

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Food Boner posted:

yeah pet cloning is pretty stable these days even though its horribly weird selfish and excessive

basically max late stage capitalism/cyberpunk

i keep fucken telling evrryone that cyberpunk is right now Nd I think the only reason ppl don't accept it is that everything isnt chrome and wires and we need one of the envioronmental disasters to get more obvious

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MizPiz posted:

its pretty good. one of the better of the later arnold movies along with true lies imo

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

"what he does" is forensic science, and it's been literally his entire academic career, so I'm pretty sure he just drank deep of the kool-aid

i was like

speaking in generalities man

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

i keep fucken telling evrryone that cyberpunk is right now Nd I think the only reason ppl don't accept it is that everything isnt chrome and wires and we need one of the envioronmental disasters to get more obvious

i thunk people just expect more neon tbh

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

not enough chips I can put in my head, arms and penis for cyberpunk.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

KomradeX posted:

Wait, what's this now?

It was true for Dolly but maybe they got better at it? Basically as you age your chromosomes shorten, and when you clone an animal you effectively create a new creature with the old one's chromosomes so if you do it wrong you get a baby whose cells are middle-aged.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

HEY NONG MAN posted:

at the very least that baby is gang related.

gang anchor baby

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

It used to be that the telomers would be short on a clone, since your cells divide and the stuff on the end that kept the chromosomes from unravelling (like shoelace caps) doesnt have a way to regenerate and is continuously split into shorter sections on your newly divided cells.

In the cyberpunk future you can just get a big beefy double with extra telemorase and keep your cell divisions healthy forever. No idea if pet clone DNA has any telomer shortening problems or mitigations. My information is 70 years out of date, telomers
could be fake news now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
we live in the dumbest possible cyberpunk utopia

https://twitter.com/NRA/status/1008016352211283969

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

that's a bad shadowrun expansion, don't buy it

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

MizPiz posted:

Arnold is terrible in it. If you can overlook/enjoy a lead actor who can't act, it's great

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

hackbunny posted:

Arnold is terrible in it. If you can overlook/enjoy a lead actor who can't act, it's great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HP23NG3BR4

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

WampaLord posted:

Les Canines Terrible

lmfao

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
6th day is a good

not great or anything, but entertaining and a tiny bit thought provoking

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Xand_Man posted:

It was true for Dolly but maybe they got better at it? Basically as you age your chromosomes shorten, and when you clone an animal you effectively create a new creature with the old one's chromosomes so if you do it wrong you get a baby whose cells are middle-aged.

I didn't know about this. That's fascinating

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hackbunny posted:

if you want good acting you shouldnt be watching arnold movies

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
if u want to learn how to fight, learn wit a real weapon, not wit a tootpick

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/483417168806035456?s=21

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

yikes

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

C-Spam is finally gettin to CNN eh?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Xand_Man posted:

Nah turns out it was a misconception, Dolly aged normally

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/dolly-sheep-bones-normal-arthritis?tgt=nr

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

telomerase expression is turned on in early stages of development and there's no reason to think cloned embryos wouldnt maintain theirs at the normal length for their species

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

dont quote me on that im drinking

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

I want him to JOSESTAY so he can JOSEGO to the polls

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

crosspostin' from hot takes thread

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/...r%3D153%23pti35

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

So if this guy is supposed to be twenty‐three when the card expired, how long does it last and how old was he when that photo was taken? :psyduck:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

No mods no masters

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

twitter you got to let me know
jose stay or jose go?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

did it work for New Vegas?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

wow. rude

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jose posted:

wow. rude

JOSESTAY please

Dec 26, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

twitter you got to let me know
jose stay or jose go?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

There were a bunch of fallout 4 tours around Boston

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

The Nastier Nate posted:

It actually turned Goodsprings into a tourist trap, for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Father Wendigo posted:

It actually turned Goodsprings into a tourist trap, for what it's worth.

it helps that goodsprings looks really close to how it did in game, down to specific houses and store fronts

boston on the other hand felt like you were playing in a game designed by someone who read the wikipedia page about boston and knew nothing else about the new england landscape.