Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

There weren't any known firmware exploits for 11.6 anyway, everyone was just using the bootrom exploit. Which will continue to work on 11.7 and all future firmwares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SeANMcBAY posted:

I cant wait for WarioWare.

WAH.
I bought Theatrhythm and Mario Party 100 while they're still on sale. Haven't started em yet, but.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

One of the smartest things Nintendo ever did was add playable demos as a category to the 3DS eStore.

So far I'm still working through most of the demos, by the time I finish maybe a couple more titles will be out. Maybe.

Very annoying that pre-owned Super Smash Bros. is only a few dollars cheaper than new.. oh wait, $10 discount on Amazon.. maybe in a year it'll be a Select?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Binary Badger posted:

One of the smartest things Nintendo ever did was add playable demos as a category to the 3DS eStore.

So far I'm still working through most of the demos, by the time I finish maybe a couple more titles will be out. Maybe.

Very annoying that pre-owned Super Smash Bros. is only a few dollars cheaper than new.. oh wait, $10 discount on Amazon.. maybe in a year it'll be a Select?

That’s crazy. It really should get a big discount considering it doesn’t even include the DLC and that the new Smash that has everything is coming this year.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Time to trade this in for a switch I guess

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want to sell my 3DS but there’s still just way too much in my backlog and a lot of good stuff like WarioWare that isn’t out yet.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

“It'll be a cold day in hell before I ever let a game be a Nintendo Select”

—Shigaru Miyamoto, on the future of Nintendo

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

That’s crazy. It really should get a big discount considering it doesn’t even include the DLC and that the new Smash that has everything is coming this year.

Not to the 3DS, I'd imagine.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want to sell my 3DS but there’s still just way too much in my backlog and a lot of good stuff like WarioWare that isn’t out yet.

This. I'm still happy about my 3DS SNES edition purchase; is a screen protector worth it, at least for the touch screen?

BTW, my SNES edition from the Nintendo NYC Store came with system 11.4 on it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Keep all of your old games and systems you fools

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

codenameFANGIO posted:

This.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm never going to play my old games and systems so I'd rather sell them.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Andrast posted:

I'm never going to play my old games and systems so I'd rather sell them.

I always play old games but I usually feel covered by BC, emulation and remakes and don’t need the originals anymore.

No point in keeping stuff you don’t use imo.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 19, 2018

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I will never sell my copy of Path of Radiance, you cannot trick me

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

codenameFANGIO posted:

Should I keep my gamecube? I have a wii.
Should I keep my DS? I have a 3ds.
Should I get a PS1 and a PS2? I have a CECHA PS3. (or whatever the model is)
Should I get a toilet? I have a bone.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

i still occasionally break out pokemon yellow, one day i hope i can get one of the GB dragonquest games just for the heck of it

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I still have a ridiculous 3DS backlog so I'll be hanging onto mine for the foreseeable future. No reason to get rid of it if I still have things to play on it!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It's just about time i dug out my OG white brick Game Boy for another round of Link's Awakening again. Now where did i put my battery charger...

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
My to play 3DS game boxes.

Not much compared to my to play DS games... :q:

Yeah, a bunch of the ones left here aren't going to be that good.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

HenryEx posted:

It's just about time i dug out my OG white brick Game Boy for another round of Link's Awakening again. Now where did i put my battery charger...

Not the DX version with color that's available for six bucks on the 3DS as a Virtual Console game?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

BovineFury posted:

My to play 3DS game boxes.

Not much compared to my to play DS games... :q:

Yeah, a bunch of the ones left here aren't going to be that good.

Did you get these for really cheap or something? I don't know why you would put some of these in your backlog.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Binary Badger posted:

Not the DX version with color that's available for six bucks on the 3DS as a Virtual Console game?

NO

The VC version was changed to actively remove some (cool (and extremely dated)) references and also has all the dumb american censorship introduced which my original cartridge lacks

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

Cojawfee posted:

Did you get these for really cheap or something? I don't know why you would put some of these in your backlog.

Cheap.

A bunch of those I paid 1-5 bucks for. I also like to try lousy games. :shrug:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Crosswords 3D is $5< these days.

Also, original DS game, but Neves is a super cheap too and a hidden gem.

3/DS has a ton of cheap great puzzle games.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

theshim posted:

I will never sell my copy of Path of Radiance, you cannot trick me

i had to sell my copy of path of radiance to afford food

i'm very thankful for fire emblem for enabling me to continue living at that time

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

HenryEx posted:

NO

The VC version was changed to actively remove some (cool (and extremely dated)) references and also has all the dumb american censorship introduced which my original cartridge lacks

Would you go into detail? I'd always heard DX was the best version.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I just realized, having finished smt4a yesterday, I now have no 3ds backlog to speak of

This is what freedom feels like

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Waltzing Along posted:

Would you go into detail? I'd always heard DX was the best version.

The changes are extremely minor and don't impact the game in any meaningful way.

The one big mechanical change is they removed most of the glitches, including a very easy stage transition glitch that let you completely sequence-break the game.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
All the Kingdom Hearts 3 hype during E3 made me want to go back and play some of the older titles. I thought it might be fun to do another playthrough of DDD, but after an hour or two I'm surprised I beat the game the first time when I got it years ago. Or maybe it's just been so long since I've played a KH game that the combat seems dull and repetitive now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The changes are extremely minor and don't impact the game in any meaningful way.

The one big mechanical change is they removed most of the glitches, including a very easy stage transition glitch that let you completely sequence-break the game.

He said censorship, though. That's not a glitch. That's NOA being stupid, as usual.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Waltzing Along posted:

He said censorship, though. That's not a glitch. That's NOA being stupid, as usual.

Yes, that's what I was referring to when I said "extremely minor and doesn't impact the game in any meaningful way". DX is a perfectly acceptable way to play the game.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Is that Pikmin game worth playing? I don't really want to play a stylus based game or scratch the poo poo out of my screen

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
It's okish. It has a demo.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

African AIDS cum posted:

Is that Pikmin game worth playing? I don't really want to play a stylus based game or scratch the poo poo out of my screen

It plays really slow...but it's also just kinda zen. I rather liked it as a "do 2 levels before bed" type thing.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

WHY BONER NOW posted:

It's okish. It has a demo.

Oh I bought it a while ago just haven't got to it yet, I didn't realize it was stylus based when I got it so that put me off

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

African AIDS cum posted:

Oh I bought it a while ago just haven't got to it yet, I didn't realize it was stylus based when I got it so that put me off

It's tap based, not scribble based. Plus just toss a screen protector on there and you're golden

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

mandatory lesbian posted:

I just realized, having finished smt4a yesterday, I now have no 3ds backlog to speak of

This is what freedom feels like
I'm going to be buried at sea with my unfinished DS/3DS games.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

irlZaphod posted:

I'm going to be buried at sea with my unfinished DS/3DS games.

The only DS game I bought and never finished was that awful Mana-series RTS monstrosity. Heroes of Mana or whatever.

what can i say my college side job was slow paced outreach class switchboard poo poo, i treasured every cent i made and bought games wisely, and had a lot of time to play when classes were generally "show teacher during intro, switch to computer video out, cut back thirty minutes later"

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jun 20, 2018

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yes, that's what I was referring to when I said "extremely minor and doesn't impact the game in any meaningful way". DX is a perfectly acceptable way to play the game.

The stage transition glitch was never in my country's version of the cartridge, so nothing was lost for me and sequence breaking wasn't a part of my childhood. :shrug:

They redid a lot of the translations for the DX release though, almost as a "gently caress you" to the original translator, and took out all the nice references to Tintin or obscure 50's movies out of a game that's almost entirely references to other things.
The Hippo just inexplicably sitting down when Link enters the house is also so enormously stupid when i know what it's supposed to be that it actually kinda makes me mad.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

HenryEx posted:

The stage transition glitch was never in my country's version of the cartridge, so nothing was lost for me and sequence breaking wasn't a part of my childhood. :shrug:

They redid a lot of the translations for the DX release though, almost as a "gently caress you" to the original translator, and took out all the nice references to Tintin or obscure 50's movies out of a game that's almost entirely references to other things.
The Hippo just inexplicably sitting down when Link enters the house is also so enormously stupid when i know what it's supposed to be that it actually kinda makes me mad.

There were Tintin references? Whoa.

I don't know why companies are so afraid to just do localizations of Japanese games without having to censor them as well. Oh no, the mermaid lost her bikini top. My poor baby might be corrupted by this. Never mind the fact that kids know about people losing bathing suits while swimming and it will always be funny.

I'm in HenryEx's boat. The original game sounds better.

Sorry PSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

There were Tintin references? Whoa.

Specifically in the German version.

The differences between the various various are listed here: https://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Link%27s_Awakening/Version_Differences
(The Virtual Console changes are at the very bottom)