Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Would totally and gladly prime and paint any M.U.S.C.L.E. men that came into my possession nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cat Face Joe posted:

i never knew i was missing this in my life until now

Just :lol: if you didn't have a big box of those things as a kid

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

..column golem?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

someone needs to paint that poo poo ASAP

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

It looks like a Kinnikuman/MUSCLE toy so it's rubber; you'd have to make a resin cast of it or something to get a decent painting surface.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BattleMaster posted:

It looks like a Kinnikuman/MUSCLE toy so it's rubber; you'd have to make a resin cast of it or something to get a decent painting surface.

You know, I would totally buy a bag of resin MUSCLES for painting. The more ridiculous the better :3:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Xarbala posted:

my condolences for her nose-ectomy

:downs: his wife's got no nose

:o: how does she smell?

:downs: bloody awful!

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

BattleMaster posted:

I have a friend recasting my whole collection in urethane right now. I'll post results.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

EdsTeioh posted:

I have a friend recasting my whole collection in urethane right now. I'll post results.

:eyepop:

you're gonna have the best Age of Sigmar army

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

All titties are beautiful
As a connoisseur of titties, as much as I would like to agree with this statement, it is not true. Sadly, there are some titties that are not beautiful, nor even attractive.

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Kinnikumans are the best mans.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

berzerkmonkey posted:

As a connoisseur of titties, as much as I would like to agree with this statement, it is not true. Sadly, there are some titties that are not beautiful, nor even attractive.

:agreed: I have seen some that no one should

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

HebrewMagic posted:

Trawling Instagram for ideas and I found this :nws: gem.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba9ZuJ4lcdb/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=utzne6yl5f2n

Supposedly, that's supposed to be his wife.

As in the figure is his wife or he designed it to look like his wife?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

berzerkmonkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtB_jvznaNM

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I now want to buy a box of Orks, and paint handfuls in different ways. It started with just Orks. Then Orks cosplaying as IG. Then cosplaying as SM. Now, I want to do some in fabulous drag show regalia.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I thought about getting an Ork Warboss to sit on my desk at work but then I realized that 1) I wouldn't paint it and 2) they really don't come with many bitz to look cool and unique and 3) I wouldn't be willing to pay to get bitz to make it cool and unique.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Len posted:

I thought about getting an Ork Warboss to sit on my desk at work but then I realized that 1) I wouldn't paint it and 2) they really don't come with many bitz to look cool and unique and 3) I wouldn't be willing to pay to get bitz to make it cool and unique.

IMO there’s such a disconnect between “Stock GW” and “What the players cook up” that I think it legit discourages uptake.

Most of the kits are just so drat old and so drat poor.

:shrug:

Seriouspost: when was their last plastic multipart release? One of the stompers maybe?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Schadenboner posted:

IMO there’s such a disconnect between “Stock GW” and “What the players cook up” that I think it legit discourages uptake.

Most of the kits are just so drat old and so drat poor.

:shrug:

Seriouspost: when was their last plastic multipart release? One of the stompers maybe?

Orks got a bunch of plastic characters, Gorkamorkanaut, Meganobz, and Mek Gunz in 2014, and an add on to their flyer kit around then too. All are very good kits but the Mek Gunz are very pricey.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Meanwhile the Warbuggies and half of their characters are at least a decade old.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

All titties are beautiful

No.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Crowned posted:

Just :lol: if you didn't have a big box of those things as a kid

These, and the weird little shark dudes that had the sticker on front that would react to bodyheat and reveal their element. Battle beasts I think?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Please don't give GEE DUBS ideas about updating orks

We might get space oeruks

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

This model whips so much rear end

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Kings of War? Or latter day WFB?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LordAba posted:

These, and the weird little shark dudes that had the sticker on front that would react to bodyheat and reveal their element. Battle beasts I think?

Yeah, Battle Beasts, and they weren't all sharks :colbert:

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Nebalebadingdong posted:

:eyepop:

I know AoS is supposed to be a good game, but I'll forever harbor a grudge against it as WFB was my first and favorite minis game.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ugleb posted:

Kings of War? Or latter day WFB?

It's probably KoW, although it's specifically illegal under the "no toys that look like toys" rule they made specifically to thwart bronies.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

moths posted:

It's probably KoW, although it's specifically illegal under the "no toys that look like toys" rule they made specifically to thwart bronies Alessio Cavatore.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

EdsTeioh posted:

I know AoS is supposed to be a good game, but I'll forever harbor a grudge against it as WFB was my first and favorite minis game.

naw

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

This is rad as he'll and I've been inspired

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

counterpoint:
yaw

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SRM posted:

counterpoint:
yaw

That's the Stockholm Syndrome talking :ohdear:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
i wouldn't call AoS a good game but WFB was thoroughly out of ideas and im glad its gone

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nebalebadingdong posted:

i wouldn't call AoS a good game but WFB was thoroughly out of ideas and im glad its gone
Nah, it was thoroughly mismanaged and was entirely salvageable. It would have been really easy to improve the game without going full 9th Age.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
they did improve it

by flushing it down the toilet :smug:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Nebalebadingdong posted:

they did improve it

oooooo000000ooooooooo000000ooooo

SRM posted:

counterpoint:
yaw

double naw!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

moths posted:

It's probably KoW, although it's specifically illegal under the "no toys that look like toys" rule they made specifically to thwart bronies.

I did not know this but I am kinda glad for KoW tournament players.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
after skimming over a youtube battle report of aos 2.0, it still looks like a pile of dumb poo poo to me :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Nebalebadingdong posted:

they did improve it

By releasing KoW 2nd ed