Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, I just discovered that when you hit Scarlet Witch's 3 skill you can run away and she just keeps blasting away. Made Ultimate Corvus a piece of cake today. I love her so much since I've gotten her costume and been actually doing more than button mashing. I don't even have her iso, urus, and obelisk right and she's still destroying people. And hell, I can work her to 70 and 4/25. She's already probably stronger than Jean so Wanda has to be the #1 in the game at this rate (I still don't have Odin, Thanos, or Dorm so maybe they're better).

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I know you don't pay attention to the number but do you know what it shows yours as in general?
Not sure and I already ran my World Bosses today so can't check. I just know I started falling short on Proxima sometime around 10-15 but i could still keep moving up with my best teams. As others said my best teams usually come with strong leadership (Santana for Phoenix, Magneto for Wolverine, Beast, She-Hulk, Titania, Gorgon, Star-Lord, Anti-Man, etc), someone who heals like Ancient One, Anti-Venom, or Baby Groot (there's someone else I'm forgetting), and the good support people (Shuri, Warwolf, Coulson). I don't always need them but they're the people I add on when I'm close or competitive but need the bump.

bagrada posted:

Sneak peak up showing a new wasp. Captainhankpym has a thread up on reddit where he helpfully explains the differences in all the Wasps. Assuming he's the same guy from the marvel heroes forums, good for him I'm glad he was able to find a game willing to add not just one but potentially two Wasps for him.

I'm not familiar with Nadia but based on the quick thing I read and that "man with a star on his arm" I'm guessing it refers to Winter Soldier? Yeah, I don't know what to make of that but I'd guess the same that "Nadia" will be the base character and then there will be a "Hope" Evangeline Lilly movie costume. Sorta the same way they did with Shuri and Killmonger.

I'm still sore they didn't do the same with Klaw and give us his wacky old school comic costume. Even thought I like the MCU one, that's the one I grew up with and I want to put him with Medusa and Sandman as the Frightful Four (Three)!

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah we were talking about hank in discord. Amazing fun...

My god I can’t believe he still exists.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
What the hell is valor and why is mine at 1? Could that also be a factor?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

What the hell is valor and why is mine at 1? Could that also be a factor?

it goes up as your raid level goes up or as you get T2 universal characters. if you have less than the recommended valor the game makes the wbu fight artificially harder. its to stop you rocketing through the wbu levels too quickly.

basically the first WBU fight you do will be the hardest its ever gonna be cos your raid level is at zero (or one? i forget) and then once you can do it once, you can farm up raid xp which boosts your stats and after a bit you can destroy the wbu level that used to be quite hard for you.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

quicksilver and wolverine are both good proxima wbu clearers so work on them. you might need to use both together at first.

strange can probably do black dwarf but hes a real hp sponge. i bet he's loving terrible to fight at raid level 0.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Who is Klaw

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Former US President Ulysses S. Klaueueueue, master of both van and dubstep.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I had a game once where that guy me as Robbie Reyes and then the old west ghost Rider annihilated a boss with our cars at the exact same time

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

STAC Goat posted:

I don't pay attention to the recommended damage. At some point I stopped being able to meet it but I can still beat Proxima at 19 at least once of twice.

Proxima's key from what I can tell is she's highly immune to Energy damage so you gotta use Physical attacks. I use Quicksilver, Wolverine, Hulk, Cap, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, and Shuri. I gave up on attack strikers and just do 5 "increase attack damage on super villains". After that the big key in the attack is that somewhere roughly around when her power falls to 11 she'll go up top and shoot a bunch of rays. You gotta avoid those at the bottom of the screen and wait for them to be over to attack. They'll kill you quick. Then again sometime when she's around 6 or 5 she'll do another close in attack where she sticks you with a circle thing and bombards you with rays. You gotta anticipate it and run away until she's done. If you can avoid those two attacks you can probably beat her if you're strong enough. If you can't avoid them it doesn't matter how strong you are, she'll wipe out your whole team in seconds.

Black Dwarf is the opposite as he has Physical immunity so you gotta go Energy. Scarlet Witch, Phoenix, Strange, Cable are mine. I basically go with the 5 "increase attack" strikers thing there too. He's got two big attacks in the same way at roughly the same times but I haven't figured the timing out exactly yet. The first one is when he swings his weapon around. You gotta get clear of that. The second is when he crouches down and powers up. If you can't break his shield before he does he'll shoot off the shockwave and kill you. So if you're not strong enough get as far away as possibel and tag in your most expendable player. If you can avoid those attacks, you stand a chance to win.

Corvus doesn't seem to have any Physical or Energy weakness that I notice. I use 5 "reduce dodge" strikers and sometimes a "reduce dodge" leadership (but I've mostly backed off that). I take him down with all the same people I use on Proxima and Dwarf. Its the same "2 big attacks early and late" thing but I haven't figured out exact timing yet. First one is four circles that appear around them. When you see them run and don't get trapped. Second is a wall of flame he shoots up. Gotta try and get as far away and avoid it, or sacrifice your weakest guy. He busts off a few other flames after that so stay alert. If you survive them you got a shot.

I just got to 10 with Dwarf and Corvus so I don't know how high I can get with them but I'll see. Proxima I have up to 19 and I just need to do the 15 clears. I've done all the time ones so I just haven't been doing much of her since Corvus and Dwarf showed up. I can't really do 5/5 with Proxima 19 or Dwarf 9 but I can get 2-4 wins at the highest setting. I've been bouncing around on days when one of the three aren't the daily bonus so I get the highest I can do with either.

Mostly correct but Corvus does have energy resistance. It's not as much as Proxima but physical damage does do more against him. He also has a specific weakness against speed type characters for some reason, so Winter Soldier and Quicksilver are pretty much your best bets. And I also think he dodges WAY less than he used to with the old WB and WBU setups, so you probably can get away with fewer ignore dodge strikers and more damage strikers.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I also think Corvus is the hardest one so far.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Started trying to get my first dumb Proxmia kill with Cap/Ancient One/(I forget, it's late), got mad, burned the 300 crystals at like, 2x, killed her

Started Level 2, got her to halfway through 1x before dying with Magneto (lead)/Wolverine/IF, I accept I hosed up the death

e: yeh just wiped the floor with Wolvie after remembering to read the skills first

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 16, 2018

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lol those are some jank rear end teams cap isnt a mutant bro hes a mutate

rip owned by an edit

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fart simpson posted:

Mostly correct but Corvus does have energy resistance. It's not as much as Proxima but physical damage does do more against him. He also has a specific weakness against speed type characters for some reason, so Winter Soldier and Quicksilver are pretty much your best bets. And I also think he dodges WAY less than he used to with the old WB and WBU setups, so you probably can get away with fewer ignore dodge strikers and more damage strikers.

I think I probably have a rose tinted vision of Corvus because I'm so used to splitting my physical and energy people with Proxima and Dwarf that I just throw "super teams" up against Corvus. Plus I'm only at 10 with him. So like even if he's resisting energy Witch and Phoenix still rip through him so I don't really notice.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bagrada posted:

Sneak peak up showing a new wasp. Captainhankpym has a thread up on reddit where he helpfully explains the differences in all the Wasps. Assuming he's the same guy from the marvel heroes forums, good for him I'm glad he was able to find a game willing to add not just one but potentially two Wasps for him.

I hope the Rocket Raccoon guy is on cloud nine with all the costumes and movies he is getting lately as well.

Oh nice, Nadia! Though the text suggests Hope, so i'm sure the image isn't related, that Nadia Pym and Hope Pym will be a character and costume.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

fart simpson posted:

How do you know he's weak to speed? Scarlet Witch still seems to do it faster than say, my built X-23 that slays Prox?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I haven't really noticed a speed advantage. It might be there, I just haven't noticed. Y Quicksilver beats him but in no special time and it's still dependent on dodging the big moves. My Winter Soldier does damage and turns it over to Cap but he does the same with Proxima who he can sometimes solo without Cap. I tried Spidey against him a couple of times and he did damage but died off relateviely quick. So I dunno.

My guess would be that since Corvus demands you dodging a lot of attacks speedsters are probably naturally better at that. But I have no idea if it goes beyond that. I haven't noticed but I haven't really noticed the energy resistance either. So I may just be lucky.

But yeah, my Witch and Jean kill him quicker than Quicksilver and Cap. So I dunno. Strange is somewhere there in the middle.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ulyssus Klaue from Black Panther. I always call him "Klaw" because that was his comic super villain name and I remember him from my comic books as a kid.

I know you don't pay attention to the number but do you know what it shows yours as in general?

Backtracking on this I just took down Corvus 12 (I think?) with a team of Beast, Quicksilver, and Shuri. The Recommended Attack level was 27K something and they only hit 18K something. I died a few times because I kept getting caught by the stunning whirlwinds but once I figured out the timing I was able to beat him easily enough. Damage was no trouble at all. Also I ran with only 2 Dodge Strikers so yeah, you probably don't need a ton of them.

I also did Black Dwarf 13 with a Satana, Jean Grey, Patriot (I was unlocking him) team that was around 21K and it asked for 25K or so. No real trouble although it took a little while. I should probably stop using Santana as Jean's leader and going for a full Energy leader boost.

So I don't think the Attack Level number is super important if you can get the rest down.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 17, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Yeh I guess that number is nonsense

I can do Proxima 1 with a team of Cap, Wolfie, and Ancient One, basically just swapping around and popping AO's heal bubble if poo poo gets too real. I still end with only one still alive though.

My strikers are pretty sad though and looking through things I've focused too heavily on energy damage. Im just hard up on gold to get 6* QS and not sure who else to pump for that physical, but I'll refer to The Holy Chart

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

STAC Goat posted:

Ulyssus Klaue from Black Panther. I always call him "Klaw" because that was his comic super villain name and I remember him from my comic books as a kid.

:3:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeh I guess that number is nonsense

I can do Proxima 1 with a team of Cap, Wolfie, and Ancient One, basically just swapping around and popping AO's heal bubble if poo poo gets too real. I still end with only one still alive though.

My strikers are pretty sad though and looking through things I've focused too heavily on energy damage. Im just hard up on gold to get 6* QS and not sure who else to pump for that physical, but I'll refer to The Holy Chart

Ragnarok Hulk, movie Black Panther, Shuri, Infinity War Winter Soldier are the other physical players i use. And BP and WS are both Story Mission characters so you can actually upgrade them on the cheap and T2 them for half cost.

You make sure you're using your other 5 clears on the Normal WBR and collecting BAM and Chaos Stones. As others have said Ultimate really is an end game challenge after you've got a stacked roster. So you gotta keep working on them and getting your T2s so you can make a dent. Gradually you see progress and figure out what you want to focus on. Same with WBR regular or Shadowland.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thechalkoutline posted:

How do you know he's weak to speed? Scarlet Witch still seems to do it faster than say, my built X-23 that slays Prox?

take two people you use on prox and compare their relative speed on corvus

itd be great if this stuff was stated in the game anywhere but i cant seem to find it. afaik we only know about it cos reddit said it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

oh here we go

you gotta press your finger on some poo poo during the actual fight

as you can see, speeds do more damage against him

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't mind it too much if its something you can figure out by trial and error. Like I didn't read about Proxima and Dwarf's resistance. I just saw how weak people like Strange and Witch were against Proxima and how weak people like Cap and Wolverine were against Dwarf and figured it out. If it gets trickier than that I'll get annoyed. Like I remember in the old Ultimate setup one boss had a weird as gently caress resistance to anyone who wasn't a clone. I absolutely never would have figured that out on my own and could barely figure out what it meant from the description and stuff I read on Reddit. If we get stuff like that it will be kind of annoying that they don't even give you a clue.

edit: Oh hey, I didn't realize you could do that. That's cool to know. I assume you were pressing on Corvus himself?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 17, 2018

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

well the old wbu actually wrote all that stuff down and showed it to you before you fought them iirc

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

edit: Oh hey, I didn't realize you could do that. That's cool to know. I assume you were pressing on Corvus himself?

i think its those buffs icons you press on. not my picture, i just stole it from reddit

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh yeah, that makes sense. I knew you could do that from the skill practice mode. I just guess I never put two and two together.

Also its annoying because when you're holding down T3 Cap's 6 to super charge it sometimes the big rear end description for it appears and blocks the screen.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

oh here we go

you gotta press your finger on some poo poo during the actual fight

as you can see, speeds do more damage against him

Cool thanks, I just wanted to be sure precisely because my blast guys all still beat my speed guys on Corvus for time. Whereas for Prox if I DON'T use physical it's like I'm hitting a brick wall, so it's alot more obvious

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

God drat, the new War Machine uniform is ridiculous. This is a first.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I did that too and also I’ve been clearing Proxima level 20 with him soloing

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

he is quite boss

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Glad I just T2ed him.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Wow so the game opens up in a big way when you go from 0 tier 2 guys to having 6 (A. Rogers, Loki, Thor, Hella, Shuri, Captain America) and all their costumes.

Thanks again for the tips and pointers earlier this month.

Now to figure out ISOs, cards and gear attachments.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 18, 2018

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Currently working on t2 Kingpin

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
he sucks

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I just T2ed him and he's still p bad

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

:frogsiren: iso-8 set rerolls are half price right now :frogsiren:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

fart simpson posted:

awwww poo poo

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

fart simpson posted:

rip all my gold

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Guess the next update will feature the comics combination of Hank and Ultron?

Probably should have put some effort into leveling him up. Are any of the basic villains worth it? In my attempt to t2 all the cheaper heroes, I've skipped all the villains so far because I've heard nothing but negative things about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Ultron isnt the trash pile he used to be but he's still not good. I'd put him as a solid below average at this point. Venom is actually pretty good but only with his Antivenom uniform, which makes him a hero. Doctor Octopus is pretty decent and good for a shadowlands clear. Bullseye is garbage but he has an ignore dodge leadership, which is situationally useful and one of only 3 characters with that effect.

All of the other cheap villains are total garbage imo.