Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Meat Wagon posted:

Shaqiri is a youtube player. He has some ridiculous skill and his free kicks are sometimes great but he's a complete passenger in most games.

He occasionally plays really well and looks like a good player, I guess £12.5m is a good price for that these days tbh. Liverpool's attackers seem to all do pretty well most of the time due to their style/coaching so he'd probably be a good buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

lmao apparently he’s here until 2024

Meanwhile Aaron Ramsey is just hanging out going into the last year of his contract.

This post is strange because you seem cognizant of the fact that Ramsey is a better player but totally clueless as to why that means his negotiations might take longer

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

fat gay nonce posted:

Define proven Premier League performer?

I was just using Vegetable's words. Meat Wagon's summary is what I thought of him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The Kimoa Kid posted:

This post is strange because you seem cognizant of the fact that Ramsey is a better player but totally clueless as to why that means his negotiations might take longer

Arsenal, more than any other club in the world, have had an extreme problem with re-signing their current players. And, by all accounts, Arsenal have only opened discussions with Ramsey over a new contract recently.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal, more than any other club in the world, have had an extreme problem with re-signing their current players. And, by all accounts, Arsenal have only opened discussions with Ramsey over a new contract recently.

Lol there's been reports of them negotiating with him for loving months

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I bet Arteta would have it sorted by now

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Aaron Ramsey is not very good but since Arsenal are poo poo now as well I suppose they should be trying to keep him.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Emery pitched a system that is built around Ramsey, probably as part of the restricted budget angle.

I actually think Ramsey could recapture his form from that one good season he had if only he was coached into doing the simple things and abandoning his hard on for backheel passes etc

I feel like he had one great season and disappeared up his own arse trying to be Bale’s rival for most talented Welsh player. A lot of what he does badly is just trying over elaborate poo poo that turns over possession. His strengths are giving it easy and arriving into the box at key moments.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ninpo posted:

I bet Arteta would have it sorted by now

Hell yeah he would've

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bacon Terrorist posted:

His strengths are giving it easy and arriving into the box at key moments.

The problem being he spends his entire time camped on the edge of the opposition's 18 yard box, when he's playing as a DM and supposed to be camped on the edge of ours.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

NTRabbit posted:

The problem being he spends his entire time camped on the edge of the opposition's 18 yard box, when he's playing as a DM and supposed to be camped on the edge of ours.

I’m hoping from what has been said in the media Emery is gonna outline the role he has for him and put the hours in with him to make sure he knows what he needs to do in the new system - if he stays of course.

Wenger just let him do whatever cos he scores the odd screamer, not unlike Xhaka.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ramsey is a world class goalscoring 10.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Just play him as a winger again.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

The bigger problem is that he's not a DM

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

When does he play as a DM?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bobby Digital posted:

When does he play as a DM?

Every time Wenger stuck him in a midfield pair with Xhaka he was supposed to be the DM, with Xhaka a deep lying playmaker, which didn't work because you can't defend from the opposition box and Xhaka would get a card every time he tried to cover.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 16, 2018

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Every time Wenger stuck him in a midfield pair with Xhaka he was supposed to be the DM, with Xhaka a deep lying playmaker, which didn't work because you can't defend from the opposition box and Xhaka would get a card every time he tried to cover.

You've got it backwards, Wenger always tried to play Xhaka as the DM in that pair. Obviously it didn't work. There was an amazing quote a few months into Xhaka's first season where he admitted he thought he had bought a DM.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Did you actually watch any of those matches because you have no idea what you're talking about

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

sassassin posted:

Ramsey is a world class goalscoring 10.

This is incorrect because Ramsey is a really poo poo finisher. He has, however, scored a few worldies.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/1008741135097794561

Patricio to Wolverhampton is a done deal

Wolves splashing that Fosun money around.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

tao of lmao posted:

https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/1008741135097794561

Patricio to Wolverhampton is a done deal

Wolves splashing that Fosun money around.

Even better, patricio rescinded his contract with sporting , so wolves paid a big fat 0 for him.(for now, after 4 years in court they might have to pay something)

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Ornstein says Bernd Leno will sign for Arsenal tomorrow morning.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Even better, patricio rescinded his contract with sporting , so wolves paid a big fat 0 for him.(for now, after 4 years in court they might have to pay something)

Yeah they’re up to what, 6 players who’ve walked at this point? Porto is hosed.

e: I’m a dumbass

tao of lmao fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 18, 2018

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

tao of lmao posted:

Yeah they’re up to what, 6 players who’ve walked at this point? Porto is hosed.

Sporting.

They've also appointed Mihajlovic as manager.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Sporting.

They've also appointed Mihajlovic as manager.

Ah, the calm voice of reason this situation needs

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Ornstein says Bernd Leno will sign for Arsenal tomorrow morning.

Didn’t someone here say he was shite? I’ve never seen him play.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I'm hoping this means Liverpool will actually sack up and go for Oblak, but I assume it actually means we're sticking with Karius.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Atletico will not let Oblak go and I can't imagine Liverpool will couch up 100m for him.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
We'll stick with Lengthy Loris, no doubt.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Xabi posted:

We'll stick with Lengthy Loris, no doubt.

Cool-headed Karius?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Cool hand Loris.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Fabiański to West Ham is apparently back on.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

West007 posted:

Atletico will not let Oblak go and I can't imagine Liverpool will couch up 100m for him.

Oh, I'd thought they were vaguely amenable to big offers.

Oh well, lovely keepers for another season then

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Oblak is really loving good, not 100 millon good but enough to break the transfer record for gks.i dunno 60 mil seems reasonable for a world class keeper that has more than a decade of his career ahead of him.or they can get ochoa or something, and be back here next year.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Starting to get a bit (but not massively yet) worried that United didn't get much business done before the World Cup and seemingly very little is happening right now.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Der Shovel posted:

Starting to get a bit (but not massively yet) worried that United didn't get much business done before the World Cup and seemingly very little is happening right now.

Seems like there will be a lot of teams scrambling for players after the World Cup, considering the window closes on August 9th this year. Chelsea don't even really have a manager yet!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Theres always a huge gamble signing players before the WC, they could pick up horror injuries then you have spaffed a shitload of money on nothing.

The flip side is that if they then have a stormer of a WC then the price tag goes up.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lot of smoke from the player’s agent that Fekir to Liverpool could still be on.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think Liverpool should sign Iceland's goalkeeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Mickolution posted:

Seems like there will be a lot of teams scrambling for players after the World Cup, considering the window closes on August 9th this year. Chelsea don't even really have a manager yet!

we might have a manager. if we have a manager, and it is our current manager, a bunch of our good players want to leave. then we will have no players. and maybe we’ll have to change managers.

it’s all looking incredibly well run at this point.

• Locked thread