Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin/status/1008748914378465281?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

"Chuck is making me sign this but don't worry I'm still racist."

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Ok, "moderate" Republicans and compassionate conservatives, it's your turn.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think "kid concentration camp" was a bit too far beyond the pale for the Democrats to allow Manchin to be himself on and play Mr Neutral so there was some serious pressure applied in order to avoid the embarrassment of having a high ranking member on the wrong side of this (hence the delay in his support). Still at least the party is willing to be unanimous in this one so good on them for that.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Ok, "moderate" Republicans and compassionate conservatives, it's your turn.

Yeah. Any Republican that claims to be against Trump's ways, now is do or die time.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 18, 2018

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

PT6A posted:

Yeah, that's the "or depressing" part: a significant portion of people who are trying to do the right thing, and who've been largely hosed over by all levels of government, falling just short and getting represented by this dipshit as a result.

They didn’t just fall short. The dem party undercut them by rigging things for manchin

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Condiv posted:

They didn’t just fall short. The dem party undercut them by rigging things for manchin

Are there any articles on the specirfics of this? I remember the DCCC (or DNC?) donor dinner pictures on twitter where the party was clearly supporting him during the primaries but I haven't been able to find any solid reporting on it in case I need to actually cite something.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Wholeheartedly as in the last to support legislation to end it by a long shot

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Radish posted:

Yeah. Any Republican that claims to be against Trump's ways, now is do or die time.

That was a long time ago.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Indeed. I'd be surprised if even Rand Paul broke ranks, and he's about the only one that makes a point to try and play the "I'm so independent!" card now and then.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah that's absolutely true. They aren't doing poo poo this time either.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Radish posted:

Yeah that's absolutely true. They aren't doing poo poo this time either.

Which is why they should John McCain.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Radish posted:

you're going to be waiting a long, long time

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/dancanon/status/1008734359770320896?s=21

Rest In Peace, Wisconsin.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
My contribution to the gently caress this piss baby fascist

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Death By The Blues posted:

My contribution to the gently caress this piss baby fascist

This goes in cspam.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/ImmCivilRights/status/1008902662828511232

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Radish posted:

I think "kid concentration camp" was a bit too far beyond the pale for the Democrats to allow Manchin to be himself on and play Mr Neutral so there was some serious pressure applied in order to avoid the embarrassment of having a high ranking member on the wrong side of this (hence the delay in his support). Still at least the party is willing to be unanimous in this one so good on them for that.

The only thing the GOP disagrees with Trump on is his methods, not his goals.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. The idea that simply electing Democrats will solve these problems is incredibly naive considering history that is less than four years old. People crying about "whataboutism" either don't get or don't care that the point of making Obama's history on immigration more public isn't to score gotcha points (or win the MOST LEFTIST prize that the Trump thread thinks is a thing), it's to make sure that we are aware that this stuff isn't a Republican problem, it's the status quo taken to the next step. The Democratic party is probably going to try and roll back Trump's policies to the Obama's which is still absolutely unacceptable. Most people, myself included, didn't pay nearly enough attention to this during his terms when we all should have. It's important to understand what we have to do once Trump is hopefully gone and not just assume that "vote Democrat and they will do good things" is something we can count on. That's not to say they won't do it, but we need to keep up the pressure.

I mean just look at this:
https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/08/immigration-democrats-hillary-clinton-barack-obama

Clinton was running to the left of Obama by the end of the primary, in contrast to her opinions in 2014, which was a good sign.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.5da0dfbd9e4a

quote:

Supporters of the Obama administration have defended the president’s approach by suggesting that he needed to be tough on deportations in order to persuade Republicans, who have called for greater border security, to negotiate over a comprehensive bill.

I don't know how these people don't drown in the rain.

BadOptics posted:

The only thing the GOP disagrees with Trump on is his methods, not his goals.

Yeah I'm keenly aware on that. That statement was mostly being pissy at Never Trump Republicans.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jun 19, 2018

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

God drat this sucks. At least there's still a chance their case can be brought back before the court.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin/status/1009088953566289920
He absolutely had his arm twisted onto the Feinstein bill.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Office Pig posted:

Holy poo poo lmao no words to express hiw beautiful this is.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

Holy poo poo lmao no words to express hiw beautiful this is.

I can think of about
https://twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin/status/1009088955025936385
... fourteen words.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Haha Blackhawk helicopters? In case they need to have a seal team drop down to assassinate Osama Bin Laden on the Mexican border I guess.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Radish posted:

Haha Blackhawk helicopters? In case they need to have a seal team drop down to assassinate Osama Bin Laden on the Mexican border I guess.

He snuck his 9/11 super soldier assassins through the border down there, dontcha know.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
CPB has had blackhawks for years now so as obviously as Manchin is trying to look like a border hawk it’s not like he’s just listing random poo poo.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

CPB has had blackhawks for years now so as obviously as Manchin is trying to look like a border hawk it’s not like he’s just listing random poo poo.
Everybody has them. They're pretty much Generic Government Helicopter.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I thought Government Helicopters were bad.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Office Pig posted:

Every time Manchin comes up as being a lovely racist, others get way too defensive regarding him. They’ll agree that he’s lovely, but then go on to say that we need him or that he’s the only Dem that can be elected in WV. But no one is saying that he should lose to the GOP. We just want someone better in his position.

It’s also amazing how these people will go on and on about opposing fascism, but won’t condemn an enabler just because he votes D when it matters. A wall doesn’t matter, I guess.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Jack2142 posted:

I thought Government Helicopters were bad.
Only the black ones.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Only the black ones.

Not when they're your side's black government helicopters

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

Rent-A-Cop posted:

CBP has like 6 different sorts of helicopters:
https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/air-sea/aircraft-and-marine-vessels

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The Manchin tweet was so ridiculous I did a double-take, I mean shame on me, but it's so Stephen Miller-y that it still took me aback, like "is this real?" It's almost satirically bad.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The fact he chose the middle of a child abduction crisis to spout his worthless "SECURE ARE BORDERS!" dog whistling tells a lot about him and how much he had to be begged/threatened to support Feinstein's bill.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Only the black ones.

these are literally black helicopters lol

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

FuturePastNow posted:

these are literally black helicopters lol

DHS is so incredibly lame. What a bunch of gigantic children they are.

Also gently caress ICE for like a hundred reasons but mostly because they held me up for four hours once because I was hungover and decided to be a dick.

gently caress George Bush for combining the two worst LE agencies in the federal government and, gently caress Barack Obama for perpetuating that nonsense.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Rent-A-Cop posted:

DHS is so incredibly lame. What a bunch of gigantic children they are.

Also gently caress ICE for like a hundred reasons but mostly because they held me up for four hours once because I was hungover and decided to be a dick.

gently caress George Bush for combining the two worst LE agencies in the federal government and, gently caress Barack Obama for perpetuating that nonsense.

i think you'll find that trump is singlehandedly to blame for the shittyness of ICE

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Condiv posted:

i think you'll find that trump is singlehandedly to blame for the shittyness of ICE

uh

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Condiv posted:

Looks like you made someone really mad

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

theCalamity posted:

Read through the D&D Trump thread if you can. The Liberal takes are the spiciest about this whole thing and talking about their origins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

theCalamity posted:

yep

apparently pointing out that obama was lovely on immigration and we should reflect on that since a ton of us were very unaware of how bad he was is saying that trump == obama and muddying the water or something

cause god forbid we discuss what obama did for a bit while the topic is fresh. we gotta put it off for 2-6 years when trump is defeated and then we can make sure the dems aren't locking up asylum seekers under the guise of bipartisanship

• Locked thread