Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm not scared of a cold outhouse. Only need it for a few minutes of pooping each day, and once you're used to the cold you can probably do that naked. Besides, portable heaters (vodka) exists.

I'm actually going to install a solar heater and an electrical heater to dump waste power once I get the solar panel and windmill up and running, it's all needed for flushing water anyway. At that point it'll be more comfortable. I would advise against attempting a naked poop in winter unless you're really really used to cold temperatures.

Also in case you have to run from any wildlife. The place is infested by moose (had one trundling around the place at night last weekend I was there), rabbits (one is renting space under the cabin, he pays in poop) and mountain birbs (Hill/Mountain Grouse, Capercaillie, they have a courting ground a couple hundred yards from the cabin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKprLmovb1Q

all of which are gonna pay come autumn and hunting season. Ever made Capercaillie taco?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I can make a taco out of anything. I'm assuming that's the scandanavian turkey in the video?

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
apparently my current director is friends with patti. And she lives in CT.

If she shows up at our show the levels of fan girl will get creepy. I apologize in advance.

And yes.... the forbidden broadway was amazing. "Yes... you're mandy patinkin. you're the one they have come in to say all the things when I am not speaking."

Also this year's G&S will be Patience. And we're doing an open pub sing Iolanthe. I'll probably be reprising Phyllis. Wheee!

Also, your stats are a little disingenuous. You're looking at ONE country of origin for refugees, ignoring asylum seekers, and lawful immigration. Here's a pretty objective website with some good numbers (albeit 2015). http://www.ncsl.org/research/immigration/snapshot-of-u-s-immigration-2017.aspx.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

ActusRhesus posted:

apparently my current director is friends with patti. And she lives in CT.

If she shows up at our show the levels of fan girl will get creepy. I apologize in advance.

And yes.... the forbidden broadway was amazing. "Yes... you're mandy patinkin. you're the one they have come in to say all the things when I am not speaking."

Also this year's G&S will be Patience. And we're doing an open pub sing Iolanthe. I'll probably be reprising Phyllis. Wheee!

I unfortunately don't understand any of this, which I'm simply going to assume means you're an actual person of culture and sophistication. I've been to the theater twice, I think.

ActusRhesus posted:

Also, your stats are a little disingenuous. You're looking at ONE country of origin for refugees, ignoring asylum seekers, and lawful immigration. Here's a pretty objective website with some good numbers (albeit 2015). http://www.ncsl.org/research/immigration/snapshot-of-u-s-immigration-2017.aspx.

I think I may be GDPR-banned from that link.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can make a taco out of anything. I'm assuming that's the scandanavian turkey in the video?

:laffo: Yeah, that's an amazingly accurate description actually. If I actually manage to put a few down I'll save you some meat.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I wanna move to that cabin and sketch my wife.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I just hope the goon ice cabin turns out with a happier ending than the goon submarine.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
The second I ran out of things to do at the cabin, I'd go insane.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

There's always wood to chop, wood to cut, things to nail, things to build, a sauna, a hottub, and a shack for smoking fish. How could you run out of things to do?

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Don't worry man we can always talk politics over moose tongue and non alcoholic whiskey.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I can see myself hotboxing that mfer

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Don't worry man we can always talk politics over moose tongue and non alcoholic whiskey.

death is too good for you

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

There's always wood to chop, wood to cut, things to nail, things to build, a sauna, a hottub, and a shack for smoking fish. How could you run out of things to do?

No, I get it, but chop up a cord of wood in a couple hours, fish for two or three, eat breakfast and lunch, gimme 30 minutes in the hot tub, maybe hike for a couple hours, tidy up and do some stuff around for a couple hours now its 6-7pm on the first day and jesus I just realized now I'm stuck here for a week with nothing else to do, what the gently caress

I get island fever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hoshi posted:

I can see myself hotboxing that mfer

:respek:

blarzgh posted:

No, I get it, but chop up a cord of wood in a couple hours, fish for two or three, eat breakfast and lunch, gimme 30 minutes in the hot tub, maybe hike for a couple hours, tidy up and do some stuff around for a couple hours now its 6-7pm on the first day and jesus I just realized now I'm stuck here for a week with nothing else to do, what the gently caress

I get island fever.

Go play in the snow. Hunt. Make passionate love. Enjoy the majestic outdoors and our insignificance in the grand scheme of the universe. Be one with nature. Go for a walk with the dog. Take a moment to breathe and enjoy life.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

evilweasel posted:

death is too good for you

Im 450 days sober but blarzgh can drink.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'd probably start designing elaborate traps to hunt with because It would take longer than just shooting them, and I knew if I got something it would keep me busy cleaning, cooking some, smoking the rest.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

I'd probably start designing elaborate traps to hunt with because It would take longer than just shooting them, and I knew if I got something it would keep me busy cleaning, cooking some, smoking the rest.

There you go. Now you're getting the idea of what it's all about. Read, write, do whatever the gently caress you want. When you're out in the cabin you're truly free.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Go play in the snow. Hunt. Make passionate love. Enjoy the majestic outdoors and our insignificance in the grand scheme of the universe. Be one with nature. Go for a walk with the dog. Take a moment to breathe and enjoy life.

I've spent enough of my life outdoors that I already know that sitting still in it is not fulfilling to me.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I don't really drink though.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I think I'm going to have to start upping my game and dressing better. I used to purposefully dress a little shaggy to have people underestimate me but at this point my client base has evolved to the point where opposing counsel are flashy as hell.

gently caress.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

then have some juice or something instead of creating a crime against humanity :argh:

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

evilweasel posted:

then have some juice or something instead of creating a crime against humanity :argh:

Man juice is straight sugar I'm not drinking that trash. I'll have s sophisticated drink like....water. gently caress.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CaptainScraps posted:

I think I'm going to have to start upping my game and dressing better. I used to purposefully dress a little shaggy to have people underestimate me but at this point my client base has evolved to the point where opposing counsel are flashy as hell.

gently caress.

I bought three suits in my first semester of law school. I've since lost around 40 lbs. They all look like I'm trying to wear my dad's suit, and I don't think I can get them altered sufficiently. I have three very nice yet far too big suits in my closet I've never worn other than to check the fit at the store. I have a suit I got in hong kong in 2007 during a port call that still looks sharp and somehow still fits better than anything else. I've gotta bite the bullet and get some new suits, too, but I just lack the give a drat until I actually have a job.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Man juice is straight sugar I'm not drinking that trash. I'll have s sophisticated drink like....water. gently caress.

I enjoy a nice unsweetened tea or coffee sometimes if I'm not feeling like drinking with people that are.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

i mean, non-alcoholic whiskey would be, basically, "water we left in a barrel for ten years" sooooooo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

evilweasel posted:

i mean, non-alcoholic whiskey would be, basically, "water we left in a barrel for ten years" sooooooo

got that smokey flavor. Some people want their mouth to taste like an ash tray.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Seltzer you fool, seltzer!

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I'm just kidding ew I don't want na whiskey. I do wish there were a better selection of na beers. I miss shiner.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I'm just kidding ew I don't want na whiskey. I do wish there were a better selection of na beers. I miss shiner.

Do you miss the shiner shits the next day? Cause you'd still get those with NA shiner.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Do you miss the shiner shits the next day? Cause you'd still get those with NA shiner.

Never happened, remember I don't have h pylori.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Never happened, remember I don't have h pylori.

Made me laugh. Thanks.

But if you never had shiner shits you didn't drink enough shiner.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
why not put in an electric toilet that burns waste? My dad did that over last winter instead of using the outhouse (which, hilariously, is a two seater)

Edit: didn't see the new page and that that's your exact plan, woops

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Keep up msm Jesus. Today we're discussing burning our own poo poo for fuel in rural Norway.

Unamuno
May 31, 2003
Cry me a fuckin' river, Fauntleroy.

ActusRhesus posted:

There are the days you get sworn at by people who watched the guy who shot their kid walk because none of your witnesses showed up because snitches get stitches.

Wow I'm surprised a cop even got indicted.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Give me a cup of good black coffee over literally any beer.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

I just hope the goon ice cabin turns out with a happier ending than the goon submarine.

blarzgh posted:

Gotta be frank, it's not looking hopeful.

blarzgh posted:

I get island fever.

Do you not read? You could take an 8 hour hunting/hiking trip, that's a fair bit of the day right there and you're usually so tired at the end you manage to get out of your own headspace a little and actually relax. You could take the mother of all naps. You could go observe some wildlife. I'm not saying it's hosed up that you're having trouble working out how to relax, though I guess we all swing different ways. What do you do when you want to waste 8 hours or a day?

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Nice save. Tried Kvass?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kvass

mastershakeman posted:

why not put in an electric toilet that burns waste? My dad did that over last winter instead of using the outhouse (which, hilariously, is a two seater)

Edit: didn't see the new page and that that's your exact plan, woops

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Keep up msm Jesus. Today we're discussing burning our own poo poo for fuel in rural Norway.

To avoid confusion, that's not what I'm doing. I'm not burning poop. I'm going to install a low-water flushing toilet for compost and filtration, it's cleaner, less maintenance, better for the environment, doesn't need electricity to start, doesn't need propane gas, doesn't need an ugly vent shaft in the middle of the outhouse, can easily be upgraded once my off-the-grid water system is set up. It's also significantly cheaper.

blarzgh posted:

Wow I am legitimately sorry for you. My brother makes homebrew beer, one time he made a scottish old dark lager that we stored for a year before we tried it. It was so goddamned rich and smooth, it was absolute heavenly flavourful. Or just go the easy route and drink a proper Guinness.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

My sister in law has a baller recipe for lengua tacos. Probably works with moose tongue.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Unamuno posted:

Wow I'm surprised a cop even got indicted.

LOL

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

blarzgh posted:

Some of us take way too much Adderall and don't want to make our hearts even more likely to explode.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Karbach is better. Though they got bought out by Anheuser.

disjoe fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 19, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

I, too, cannot get through the day without at least two big black coffees.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Nice piece of fish posted:

Do you not read? You could take an 8 hour hunting/hiking trip, that's a fair bit of the day right there and you're usually so tired at the end you manage to get out of your own headspace a little and actually relax. You could take the mother of all naps. You could go observe some wildlife. I'm not saying it's hosed up that you're having trouble working out how to relax, though I guess we all swing different ways.

I read a ton, but I can't put a book down once I start. I've had many a night where I started a book in the evening, and finished it the next morning having not slept at all. I'm 90% audiobook these days because of the freedom they afford me to do other things. I also never take naps.

My idea of relaxing is finishing everything on my list, having a totally clean house and car, and then doing something else. Also a big fan of putting on some good listening and going for a relaxing drive.

Nice piece of fish posted:

What do you do when you want to waste 8 hours or a day?

HAHAHAHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I drink 32oz of black coffee a day is that wrong?