Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

AndyElusive posted:

Save me the agony of having to visit Reddit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

More like NotSoFun-Wing.

DKD
Dec 25, 2011
They were demoing 2.0 at Origins. The new X-wing model is as perfect as you could imagine.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Aww yay! I know I'm probably like one of the only nerds in here who is all into the models vs the game itself lol - I'm like super tempted to try and sell off all my fancy painted original T65s and replace them w/ the new folding wing models when they come out haha

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

Pretty sure it's red since that's the difficulty of the action standard reapers can take. Unless you have a tac officer on board, then the coordinate is white.

I would guess it is actually a white coordinate. For example, the TIE Interceptor specifies red boosts or barrel rolls in its text.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Man, Solo was an EU-rear end movie. Can't wait for that Falcon

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Solo was a fun heist movie with some problems like all Star Wars movies. I'm OK with getting a 3rd Falcon.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Solo was a fun heist movie with some problems like all Star Wars movies. I'm OK with getting a 3rd Falcon.

Solo was 3 thirds of 3 different fun heist movies haphazardly glued together.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Do you think they'll be releasing another rebel and imperial ship with wave 1 so scum doesn't have 3 ships to the other factions two?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

flightless greeb posted:

Do you think they'll be releasing another rebel and imperial ship with wave 1 so scum doesn't have 3 ships to the other factions two?

Yes.

Saw's Renegades and Tie Reaper.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Aren't those coming out in like two weeks vs. Several months for wave 1?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Yes, but at the end of the day, each faction has three releases as of wave 1.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Also they are coming out this Thursday.

Edit: Saw's and the Reaper.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I kinda really want to buy Saw’s even though I don’t really want to buy more rebels, because the paint job is :krad:. Also articulated X-wing. And I really want to like the U-wing cause it’s ballin swing wings.

I’ll probably cave and get the rebel conversion kit and Saw’s because I really want A-wings to be great again.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, Lando is the Scum ship for wave 14, functionally.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

New Y-wing sculpt looks a lot better-proportioned than the old ones, in addition to the added detail on the turret.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

OniPanda posted:

I kinda really want to buy Saw’s even though I don’t really want to buy more rebels, because the paint job is :krad:. Also articulated X-wing. And I really want to like the U-wing cause it’s ballin swing wings.

I’ll probably cave and get the rebel conversion kit and Saw’s because I really want A-wings to be great again.

The u-wing should be a lot more usable on a medium base and with the buff to the title (can rotate 90 or 180 degrees on a stop).

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Yeah, the U-Wing model owns and the rules i saw in that 2.0 demo video own as well. For me it was certainly one of the stronger temptations for siding with the terrorists rebels.

Edit: Here's a link to the Y-Wing article for the lazy https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/18/begin-attack-run/

I find it curious that it doesn't mention Scum Y-Wings at all.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ein Sexmonster posted:

The u-wing should be a lot more usable on a medium base and with the buff to the title (can rotate 90 or 180 degrees on a stop).

It was the MVP in the demo game up on Covenant's site. The 90 degree rotate and improved timing of the title flip make it so the thing can almost always shoot.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I forgot it picked up red coordinate too, and can take tactical officer to upgrade it to a white coordinate. Makes it more viable as a support piece.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Bistromatic posted:

Yeah, the U-Wing model owns and the rules i saw in that 2.0 demo video own as well. For me it was certainly one of the stronger temptations for siding with the terrorists rebels.

Edit: Here's a link to the Y-Wing article for the lazy https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/18/begin-attack-run/

I find it curious that it doesn't mention Scum Y-Wings at all.

Because the expac it's advertising is not a scum Y wing...

darkroot
Apr 11, 2012

Strikers Over Scarif
Hopefully there will be full packs for Scum Z-95s and Y-Wings this time around.

I can't see why FFG wouldn't do it for 2.0.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Huh, i'm still very new to this whole thing so i would have assumed they'd stuff both sets of cardboard into the same box. Isn't that the case with the HWK and the Scurrg in 1.0? Or am i missing something here?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

darkroot posted:

Hopefully there will be full packs for Scum Z-95s and Y-Wings this time around.

I can't see why FFG wouldn't do it for 2.0.

On the other hand there's no more rebel Nym, so.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Bistromatic posted:

Huh, i'm still very new to this whole thing so i would have assumed they'd stuff both sets of cardboard into the same box. Isn't that the case with the HWK and the Scurrg in 1.0? Or am i missing something here?

Scurrg yes, HWK no. HWK was released way before Scum was a thing, so the only way to play it, the Y-Wing, Z-95, and Firespray as Scum was to buy the Most Wanted box set.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

BuffaloChicken posted:

I know the Rebel conversion kit content list was leaked, but it seemed like less pilots than I expected - I thought FFG said we'd wind up with more pilots than we had in 1.0? Having just 2 generics and 2 named for most ships seems lackluster. Any hints as to where more pilots will come from?

AndyElusive posted:

2.0 ship specific ex-packs.
It also seems like the leaked Conversion Kit contents list doesn't include everything in the box. Other sources have talked about additional "baggies" in the kits that have pilots not mentioned on the contents list.

The recent FFG articles about the X-Wing and Y-Wing explicitly state "If you already own a X-Wing/Y-wing from the first edition, you can bring it into X-Wing Second Edition with the ship tokens, cards, and maneuver dials found in the Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit that will be available at launch. This kit includes all of the ship and upgrade cards available in the X-Wing/Y-Wing Expansion Pack." The articles then go on to show cards for pilots Thane Kyrell, Norra Wexley, and Evaan Verlaine - none of whom appear on the Conversion Kit contents list.

Here's hoping that we do indeed see more cards in the Conversion Kits than the contents list is leading us to expect!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

We definitely will see extra stuff - the pilot cards and base tokens for the new pilots in the expacs are in the conversion kits separately from the listed contents.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Yeah that new Y-Wing pilot (Evaan) from the article isn't in the conversion kit's list of components, but it's in the conversion kit in the separate 2.0 Y-Wing bag. I wonder how quickly they made some of these choices.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, I do wonder, and am concerned about, whether the extra baggies will be in all of the boxes. They seem likely to wind up mispacked and needing replacing a lot.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I wonder if we're getting the double TIE from Solo that's on screen for 10 seconds. I'm guessing: probably

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

I would say extremely yes because there's never enough goofy rear end tie fighters

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Expert handling has the word and symbol "Red [barrel roll]", on its requirement side. While Tactical Officer includes the word "Requires" before its requirement. So it seems they're already inconsistent in their wording in the new edition.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

uncle blog posted:

Expert handling has the word and symbol "Red [barrel roll]", on its requirement side. While Tactical Officer includes the word "Requires" before its requirement. So it seems they're already inconsistent in their wording in the new edition.

We’ve actually seen two versions of tactical officer card. One matched the engine upgrade and expert handling template. The other was in the recent article.

My guess is the article used outdated screenshots

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

We’ve actually seen two versions of tactical officer card. One matched the engine upgrade and expert handling template. The other was in the recent article.

My guess is the article used outdated screenshots

Truly, this change is unprecedented and signals a new era for FFG.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

1.0 pilots from Saw’s Renegades.

Both the cheapest U- and X-wings are 22 points. So 20 with refit.

5x large base ships has a hell of a lot of board presence.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Too bad you're capped at four of the game large base ship.

The PS1 X-wing is 22 points? :psyduck:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

Isn’t that just epic? And if not just toss in a different 20 point ship.

And yeah. 22 points, or 20 with refit.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Strobe posted:

Yeah, comes with an EPT:

There's also this, which is neat:

It's almost a shame 2.0 is coming out in just a few months, since I'd love more time to play around with the stuff from this wave.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah, comes with an EPT:

There's also this, which is neat:

It's almost a shame 2.0 is coming out in just a few months, since I'd love more time to play around with the stuff from this wave.

Oh cool, is that the modification slot? Or system slot? Either way I can put that on my dumb 1.0 b-wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
PS1 with an EPT.

That’s just bizarre.