Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Sports Dalton Wilcox is a winner in my book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
"Dumpster Lovers" is a classic poem.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Franchescanado posted:

"Dumpster Lovers" is a classic poem.

For real, and it's a great example of what makes Seth Morris such a high level comedian in my mind. He's always got just the best details, the strangest and most surprising choices. It was like Ducca in a different key.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
the replies :allears:
https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1000129078995836928

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
SCOTT ON THE SHOW: I rank everything in chronological order (Jason is silent for 5 seconds than sighs loudly)

SCOTT ON LINE: Here's something ranked chronologically (7,200 replies)

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Lol episode 9 is gonna be the 11th on that list

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I can't believe Scott would spoil the entire series with all those titles.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

When Scott was doing the hair loss ad I was thinking "Oh great. Hims." Then when he said 'Keeps' I had the biggest laugh all episode.

I'm guessing Keeps is who you get when Sean and Hayes piss off the other guys.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 29, 2018

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

When Scott was doing the hair loss ad I was thinking "Oh great. Hims." Then when he said 'Keeps' I had the biggest laugh all episode.

I'm guessing Keeps is who you get when Sean and Hayes piss off the other guys.

All of these ads trying to sell boner pills to millennials weird me out

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

By definition, the very outer edge Millennial is 36 this year. Prime demo.
And Keeps is Hims without the boner pills.

edit: Point is, there being a copycat company at the ready for Midroll, with an equally short and stupid name ending in 's' is great.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 29, 2018

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Unmature posted:

All of these ads trying to sell boner pills to millennials weird me out

The steady progression of podcast ads from "You need a new mattress" to "You need to plan for your family's future" to "You gotta keep your hair and getcher deck wet" is a thing to behold.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
From legalzoom com was I created and to legalzoom com will I return

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Lamar Woods is loving funny, know what I'm sayin'?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Gillian Jacobs and Tawny Newsome are two of my favorite podcast guests in general so good ep.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Gillian Jacobs and Tawny Newsome are two of my favorite podcast guests in general so good ep.

Agreed and agreed. Gillian is also great on Doughboys this week and Tawny continues to be a wonderful addition to Yo, Is This Racist?.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

JethroMcB posted:

The steady progression of podcast ads from "You need a new mattress" to "You need to plan for your family's future" to "You gotta keep your hair and getcher deck wet" is a thing to behold.

The greatest period of podcast ads was either when earwolf suddenly had loads of adverts for burglar alarms or when uhh yeah dude was sponsored by entourage.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The greatest period of podcast ads was either when earwolf suddenly had loads of adverts for burglar alarms or when uhh yeah dude was sponsored by entourage.

Unrelated, maybe off topic, but I guess ADT alarm systems have recently sponsored some podcasts here and there including a true crime one I listen to. They are doing a specific episode about the BTK killer who abused his job with ADT, mention that fact, break for a pre-recorded ADT ad a few minutes after, and never really deal with the obvious listener reaction.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I personally liked that, like, month where Loot Crate sponsored Earwolf shows, and anybody who didn't just read straight copy couldn't hide their contempt for it.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Aw yeah a Womp It Up episode of CBB

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm pretty sick of the Womp stuff now.

Also, they recast Seth Morris' part. Just give her a new step-dad.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Pretty sure it’s always been Brian Huskey

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Pretty sure it’s always been Brian Huskey

This is correct.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Huh. Weird. Morris is another person in the universe but he was totally in my head today for the Seth character.

Anyway, Wompleverse is played the heck out.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I like Wompler et al but every time the characters return to CBB it turns into an hour long recap of what has been happening on her own show.

Solution: Just listen to Womp It Up, a fun weekly show where the characters have room to breathe/aren't shouting over one another and a weird sound bed for the entire time. It's still fun to hear St. Clair and Parham play off of one another, and their guests expand the world rather than hitting the same beats over and over.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Look at all these people disrespecting Dabney Coleperson.

But yeah, CBB Womptaculars are a mess

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Tavarin posted:

Look at all these people disrespecting Dabney Coleperson.

But yeah, CBB Womptaculars are a mess

Right, only simple straightforward CBBs for me, none of this kind of malarkey!

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I enjoyed the ep and thoroughly celebrate any appearance of one Mr. Dabney Coleperson

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The best part of this CBB was the mention that Zouks is playing "The Tick-Tock Man" in John Wick 3. I knew he'd been cast, but the details of the role had somehow escaped my attention.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

JethroMcB posted:

I like Wompler et al but every time the characters return to CBB it turns into an hour long recap of what has been happening on her own show.

Solution: Just listen to Womp It Up, a fun weekly show where the characters have room to breathe/aren't shouting over one another and a weird sound bed for the entire time. It's still fun to hear St. Clair and Parham play off of one another, and their guests expand the world rather than hitting the same beats over and over.

I liked the recent one with D'Arcy Carden as a weird feral seal boy.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Not too long ago there was an episode of True Crime Garage where they talk about how some serial killer ( BTK I think?) was able to get into homes so easily because he was an ADT Security installer, the about 20 minutes later they did an ad for ADT Security.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

The Marianas Trench: so deep, put your rear end to sleep.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Slide into my BMs.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Not too long ago there was an episode of True Crime Garage where they talk about how some serial killer ( BTK I think?) was able to get into homes so easily because he was an ADT Security installer, the about 20 minutes later they did an ad for ADT Security.

Not too long ago this anecdote was posted in this thread, on this page

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Are we too afraid to post about Mike Hanford's band?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The Sloppy Boys are definitely a real band. Any excuse to get some Birthday Boys in the studio works for me. Fun episode.

Also good to hear that Questions For Lennon will be returning at some point.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I like The Sloppy Boys.

They're no Don't Stop or We'll Die, who I legit love, but that's nothing against them.

I wish I could get DSOWD's stuff on vinyl.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
People only comment to complain and there just wasn't anything to complain about about that episode.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Not enough drums

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

the Insane Piano posted:

People only comment to complain and there just wasn't anything to complain about about that episode.

I rarely post because I'm usually a week behind on episodes. Its almost like a game for me trying to figure out what the one word nonsense posts are referencing.