Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

R. Guyovich posted:

he went on the emmys lol
And then spoke at Harvard lmao

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
That time during the Palin/Biden debate in LF when the forums hosed up it ended up copying a guy who posted "BUSH'S BRAIN" over and over for 3 pages

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCyvyyo6dtQ

"it's hard to tell if she's pandering to her audience or just mimicking the people around her"

lolé

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The Marine Corps ordered a sergeant to call off an online auction that gave the highest bidder the right to rename him; bids included “King Taco” and “Sgt. Finest Freshest Fastest.”

-direct quote via harpers

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

zegermans posted:

That time during the Palin/Biden debate in LF when the forums hosed up it ended up copying a guy who posted "BUSH'S BRAIN" over and over for 3 pages

did the forums gently caress up or did it, for a brief moment, sandblast everyone's brain so smooth to grasp what was happening

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Tim Kaine in the Bush Brain!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

did the forums gently caress up or did it, for a brief moment, sandblast everyone's brain so smooth to grasp what was happening

BUSH'S BRAIN!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

GalacticAcid posted:

Tim Kaine in the Bush Brain!

Tim Kaine in the brain!!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
IN mid-August, Walden W. O'Dell, the chief executive of Diebold Inc., sat down at his computer to compose a letter inviting 100 wealthy and politically inclined friends to a Republican Party fund-raiser, to be held at his home in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio. ''I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year,'' wrote Mr. O'Dell, whose company is based in Canton, Ohio.

That is hardly unusual for Mr. O'Dell. A longtime Republican, he is a member of President Bush's ''Rangers and Pioneers,'' an elite group of loyalists who have raised at least $100,000 each for the 2004 race.

But it is not the only way that Mr. O'Dell is involved in the election process. Through Diebold Election Systems, a subsidiary in McKinney, Tex., his company is among the country's biggest suppliers of paperless, touch-screen voting machines.

Judging from Federal Election Commission data, at least eight million people will cast their ballots using Diebold machines next November. That is 8 percent of the number of people who voted in 2000, and includes all voters in the states of Georgia and Maryland and those in various counties of California, Virginia, Texas, Indiana, Arizona and Kansas.

BUT the controversy surrounding Diebold goes beyond its chief executive's political activities. In July, professors at Johns Hopkins University and Rice University analyzed the software code for the company's touch-screen voting machines and concluded that there was ''no evidence of rigorous software engineering discipline'' and that ''cryptography, when used at all, is used incorrectly.''

Making matters worse, the software code for the machines was discovered in January by a Seattle-area writer on a publicly accessible Internet site. That the code was unprotected constitutes a significant security lapse by Diebold, said Aviel D. Rubin, an associate professor of computer science at Johns Hopkins, co-author of the study of the code.

Mr. Swidarski said the code on the Internet site was outdated and was not now in use in machines.

About 15,000 internal Diebold e-mail messages also found their way to the Internet. Some referred to software patches installed on Diebold machines days before elections. Others indicated that the Microsoft Access database used in Diebold's tabulation servers was not protected by passwords. Diebold, which says passwords are now installed on machines, is threatening legal action against anyone who posts the files or links to them, contending that the e-mail is copyrighted.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

R. Guyovich posted:

he went on the emmys lol

speaking of which: bana al abed appeared on stage at the oscars

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
From "The Clothes Have No Emperor" by Paul Slansky

6/12/1981

President Reagan fails to recognize his only black Cabinet member, Housing Secretary Samuel Pierce, at a White House reception for big-city mayors. "How are you, Mr. Mayor?" he greets him. "I'm glad to meet you. How are things in your city?"

11/26/1985

President Reagan tells reporters that his 688 acre ranch- to which the rambunctious Lucky is being exiled- is "dog heaven". When reporters attempt to shift the topic to an upcoming tax bill, the President says, "I'm concentrating on dog heaven."

12/9/1986

Reporters ask President Reagan if he's watching the White House Foreign Affairs Committee hearings. "Oh, now and then when I can't find a ball game," he quips, leaving them to wonder what kind of ball game he expects to find early on a weekday morning in mid-December

2/12/1987

President Reagan tells a group of junior high students about how Rex barks in front of Lincoln's bedroom and won't go in, which makes the President think Lincoln's ghost is in there. "Well," he says, "I guess that's enough of a history lesson here for today."

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Those almost all make him sound like the best guy

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Keith Atherton posted:

President Reagan tells a group of junior high students about how Rex barks in front of Lincoln's bedroom and won't go in, which makes the President think Lincoln's ghost is in there. "Well," he says, "I guess that's enough of a history lesson here for today."

this legit owns

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
1/20/1981

Just before 9 AM Michael Deaver, stunned that the President-elect is still sleeping, enters his bedroom to remind that he's "going to be inaugurated." Says Reagan, "Does that mean I have to get up?"

10/19/1982

During a White House meeting with Arab leaders, President Reagan turns to the Lebanese foreign minister. "You know," he says, "your nose looks just like Danny Thomas's." The Arabs exchange nervous glances.

5/23/1985

President Reagan bestows the Presidential
Medal of Freedom - the nation's highest award - on the otherwise rarely paired Mother Teresa and Frank Sinatra

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

9/10/1981

calls everyone in the world trade center and tells them not to come to work tomorrow

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Senile Reagan poo poo never gets old

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

GalacticAcid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5wfPlgKFh8

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

GalacticAcid posted:

Neither does Reagan. :v:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
his approval rating went up a couple of points after this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTiI1e-wVc

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jose posted:

his approval rating went up a couple of points after this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTiI1e-wVc

:britain:

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

that time people thought the gorilla channel was real because the bar is that low trump

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

jerry seinfel posted:

that time people thought the gorilla channel was real because the bar is that low trump

Remember when people thought the piss tape was real because it was?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
lol i rememebr the first time i read the dirty dossier and there was not even a fraction of a second where I experienced doubt that the piss tape is real

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

crazy cloud posted:

lol i rememebr the first time i read the dirty dossier and there was not even a fraction of a second where I experienced doubt that the piss tape is real
Just read Wikipedia's summary:

quote:

That Trump "hated" Obama so much that when he stayed in the Presidential suite of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Moscow,[9][100] he employed "a number of prostitutes to perform a 'golden showers' (urination) show in front of him"[84][64] in order to defile the bed used by the Obamas on an earlier visit.
Trump's pettiness is so well and publically established, it's not a leap to believe this, more like an inch.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Remember that time in Reagean's reign where the shredders in the white house jammed because they were shredding so many documents?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Phil Hartman was the greatest

RIP

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
herman cain. just, like, everything about him

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

RIP

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

emdash posted:

The ride the cain train "campaign video" that tim heidecker did still rules

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I voted for this guy when I was in college.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0DM72Nb_SA

Krankenstyle posted:

i think ol musky hired the bad onion writers to make jokes on his twitter
Is that the "Secret Project" he hired a bunch of ex-Onion staffers for?

Vanilla Ice
Jun 13, 2002

Fuck The Eradicator
Sarah Palin's terrible first high profile interview where she couldn't name a single newspaper she read. Too bad she didn't run in 2016, she could have just screamed that she doesn't read dirty FAKE NEWS and been highly successful. Truly a woman before her time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRkWebP2Q0Y

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E&t=167s

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

emdash posted:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/caintvs-insane-trailer

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Sarah Palin vs Hillary Clinton in 2008 would have been wonderful

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
mal meninga's nearly 30 second political career

https://speakola.com/political/mal-maninga-im-buggered-2001

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

bad hombres

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Vanilla Ice posted:

Sarah Palin's terrible first high profile interview where she couldn't name a single newspaper she read. Too bad she didn't run in 2016, she could have just screamed that she doesn't read dirty FAKE NEWS and been highly successful. Truly a woman before her time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRkWebP2Q0Y

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E&t=167s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm Joe's reaction