Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Oh Snapple! posted:

Shocking for the people whose political ideology amounts to "scream about Republicans 24/7 to meet the "I'm a good person" quota."

Alternate take:

Shocking for the people who believe in the power of trickle-down housing to solve the affordable housing crisis.

(i just love that term so much)

Trickle down housing works a lot better than the opposing plan which is "let's build the Cabrini green , Ida b wells and Robert Taylor homes again"

The real solution is free money for everyone so they don't have to cram into 10 places that have jobs, barring that zone it so single family houses aren't allowed in wide swathes of cities because right now the desrisble areas are losing density fast as the elite buy up multiple lots and force out the mere wealthy who in turn force out everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
rip your old av

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah, Keith is sick of national party decorum-gods bullshit and decided that he can do a lot more good as state AG.

Keith as state AG would kick a ton of rear end.

the best thing that ever happened to him was losing the DNC chair.

The DNC deserves to wither and die on the vine with perennial wet blanket Tom Perez at the helm.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Office Pig posted:

rip your old av

lol the libs are so mad at people not wanting to elect democrats who will just do the exact same thing as trump

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

The Nastier Nate posted:

The DNC deserves to wither and die on the vine with perennial wet blanket Tom Perez at the helm.

Perez doesn't seem like a bad dude on paper, but he does seem like the kind of guy who'd refuse to play dirty and the Dem leadership slimed the poo poo out of Keith to keep him out of the chair so I'm never going to trust Perez to be in my corner.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

loquacius posted:

"Whataboutism" is already the D&D rallying cry whenever a Democrat is criticized for any reason

Dating back to when America was a set of British colonies, nothing has been accomplished by challenging our leaders or the process. What's important right now is that we elect Democrats that will consolidate federal concentration centers and provide tax credits to private prison companies that offer bilingual and child care training courses to their employees. As part of our green initiative, these consolidated facilities will contain massive, centrally located furnaces capable of incinerating any and all refuse on premises and will have no long term consequences when Democrats lose control of every level of government again but this time to Mordor Orcs with Swastikas tattooed to their foreheads.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

dnd libs take comfort in a fairy tale-esque understanding of the injustices we're seeing today ; hordes of nazis crawled out of the sewers yesterday and built concentration camps for children. if we defeat the nazis (peacefully, by elections, natch) the day is saved. the truth of it is far more distressing. these camps are a small, logical extension of decades of immigration and law enforcement policy, and to fight them is to fight the creeping glacier that is american imperialism

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Calibanibal posted:

dnd libs take comfort in a fairy tale-esque understanding of the injustices we're seeing today ; hordes of nazis crawled out of the sewers yesterday and built concentration camps for children. if we defeat the nazis (peacefully, by elections, natch) the day is saved. the truth of it is far more distressing. these camps are a small, logical extension of decades of immigration and law enforcement policy, and to fight them is to fight the creeping glacier that is american imperialism

If you say "actually these camps were built under Obama" they can only parse that as trying to score points against Obama, because the idea that there is anything wrong with this country that can't be explained by "Republicans are evil" just plain does not compute

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Zeroisanumber posted:

Perez doesn't seem like a bad dude on paper, but he does seem like the kind of guy who'd refuse to play dirty and the Dem leadership slimed the poo poo out of Keith to keep him out of the chair so I'm never going to trust Perez to be in my corner.

Even if Perez was the best DNC chair ever (he isn't, he endorsed Cuomo) the organization itself is so tainted and democrats are extremely disillusioned. We've got the most unpopular president of our lifetimes and the DNC can't even get their fundraising numbers up because everyone knows its a black hole of money and they would rather give directly to candidates. Meanwhile the RNC is pulling in record numbers.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

loquacius posted:

If you say "actually these camps were built under Obama" they can only parse that as trying to score points against Obama, because the idea that there is anything wrong with this country that can't be explained by "Republicans are evil" just plain does not compute

its amazing to realize that america has white supremacy so embedded in its fiber that the first black president couldn't help but participate in it lmao

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its amazing to realize that america has white supremacy so embedded in its fiber that the first black president couldn't help but participate in it lmao

All the republicans who kept pointing out that he was half white didn't realize how correct they were.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zeroisanumber posted:

e: nevermind said the same thing

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

The Nastier Nate posted:

Ellison handed the DNC on a silver platter the perfect opportunity to co-opt the nascent Sanders/left-wing movement towards establishment-friendly ends, and they still managed to squander it because too many powerful Democrats couldn't stand the idea of a Berniecrat with heterodox views on Israel as the nominal head of the party.

thank god he didn't win, talk about a poisoned chalice

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

the opposing plan which is "let's build the Cabrini green , Ida b wells and Robert Taylor homes again"

who is proposing that

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin/status/1009088955025936385

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

Ellison handed the DNC on a silver platter the perfect opportunity to co-opt the nascent Sanders/left-wing movement towards establishment-friendly ends, and they still managed to squander it because too many powerful Democrats couldn't stand the idea of a Berniecrat with heterodox views on Israel as the nominal head of the party.

thank god he didn't win, talk about a poisoned chalice
they probably dont want dnc chairs that have a nonzero chance of publicly airing the grift operations of the dnc and exposing things like a primary candidate literally buying the dnc during a primary

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Office Pig posted:

rip your old av

lol i wasnt sure who this was about 'cause of the probation av. holy loving poo poo.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

We need to secure our borders with blackhawk helicopters, and land mines, and snipers in guard towers, sherman tanks and A BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

...The Democrats!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

that said you idiots need to stay out of the D&D trump thread. despite being in D&D, it is not a thread for debate and discussion and the circlejerk there is enforced because it's better than dealing with the mass screeching that occurs otherwise.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Yes im an idiot, andI will never stay out of the dnd thread

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

fair

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

we must secure a future.. ahh gently caress i mean.. the border

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I hope the mods haven't lost Matey, who remains in indefinite incarceration despite committing no crimes.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Without sounding like I am heaping praise on Trump, isn't he kind of right? Feckless immigration laws written and modified by Democrats in the name of compromise have opened the door to this monstrosity. I mean the biggest self own has to be all the Obama dems in outrage of a photo of a detention center during their reign. But there is never learning from past mistakes, instead it is working with republicans to draft new laws :suicide:

Edit: I simply don't get it. America deserves the scorn it gets. God drat America,

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

who the gently caress is scraeming "FREE MATEY" at my house

show yourself coward, I will never free matey

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dirk Pitt posted:

Without sounding like I am heaping praise on Trump, isn't he kind of right? Feckless immigration laws written and modified by Democrats in the name of compromise have opened the door to this monstrosity. I mean the biggest self own has to be all the Obama dems in outrage of a photo of a detention center during their reign. But there is never learning from past mistakes, instead it is working with republicans to draft new laws :suicide:

Edit: I simply don't get it. America deserves the scorn it gets. God drat America,

Sorry dude but actually caging thousands of kids while trying to withdraw from the UN human rights council doesn't really fall into the category of "look yeah it's bad but change the law then."

"Yeah it's bad but so change the law then" us more like when Musk sells flamethrowers in CA.

You're right that the Dems are being useless sacks of poo poo too though.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Dirk Pitt posted:

Of course trump is right in the regard that Obama, Bill Clinton, and the democratic party were pivotal in laying the groundwork for this nightmare. Democrats did not just go along with republicans. They were using trump-like rhetoric to support ICE and anti-immigration policies and people like kamala harris are using such rhetoric right now.

However, Trump is also extremely hypocritical if he characterizes the policies as terrible when he has all the power in the world to change it unilaterally without congress.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

Trickle down housing works a lot better than the opposing plan which is "let's build the Cabrini green , Ida b wells and Robert Taylor homes again"

those places failed because whites refuse to live in integrated neighborhoods. the perfect white neighborhood according to countless housing surveys is one that is 90 percent or more white, while ideal black neighborhoods are 50 percent or less black. generally as a neighborhood or city drops to 70 or less white the flight really takes off.

there are countries where the entire population lives in public housing, like Singapore

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Some of what's going on is because of wishy washy reaching across the aisle but a lot of it is because Trump and co have realized that laws and rules only matter if someone holds you accountable and the people that are supposed to hold the executive branch accountable, the legislative branch, are instead just cheering then on.

And the legislative branch is also packing the courts with chuds to complete the trifecta.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

theCalamity posted:

Would the GOP been able to confirm any of Trump's appointments without any Dems? Dems should stop voting for any of Trump's appointments, but I know that will never, ever happen.

Serious breach of :decorum: there op

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
as has been mentioned, this poo poo is so tiring because if ICE were actually nazis why the gently caress did dems vote to confirm their leaders and vote to fund them? are nazi enablers better than nazis?

Peven Stan posted:

those places failed because whites refuse to live in integrated neighborhoods. the perfect white neighborhood according to countless housing surveys is one that is 90 percent or more white, while ideal black neighborhoods are 50 percent or less black. generally as a neighborhood or city drops to 70 or less white the flight really takes off.

there are countries where the entire population lives in public housing, like Singapore

source on one of those countless surveys? in denver, the main issue the black community seems to have is gentrification, not that white people refuse to live among them

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So trump is calling for the immigration laws to be changed and Mcconnel is saying repubs can have a change ready for a vote this week.

How will the dems block it?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

die decorum die

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1009152790399213568

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

spacetoaster posted:

So trump is calling for the immigration laws to be changed and Mcconnel is saying repubs can have a change ready for a vote this week.

Lol look at this dipshit who thinks the Dems are capable of blocking anything, even if they wanted to. :allears:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Lol look at this dipshit who thinks the Dems are capable of blocking anything, even if they wanted to. :allears:

What are the names of the orgs that the private prison industry uses to give politicians money? I'm really curious to see who gets what.

I looked up where kamala harris get's her millions from and over 70% of it is listed as coming from law firms.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

call to action posted:

as has been mentioned, this poo poo is so tiring because if ICE were actually nazis why the gently caress did dems vote to confirm their leaders and vote to fund them? are nazi enablers better than nazis?

source on one of those countless surveys? in denver, the main issue the black community seems to have is gentrification, not that white people refuse to live among them

It's not that whites refuse to live with people from other races, it's that they'll only buy houses in underprivileged neighborhoods if they're seen as a "good investment".

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

spacetoaster posted:

It's gonna be called "The Family Reunification Bill" and it will end separating families at the border but will also cut SNAP, Medicare, medicaid and offer licenses for rich people to curb stomp 3 poors a year.

Republicans will vote for it and will be the party that reunited families.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

It's gonna be called "The Family Reunification Bill" and it will end separating families at the border but will also cut SNAP, Medicare, medicaid and offer licenses for rich people to curb stomp 3 poors a year.

Republicans will vote for it and will be the party that reunited families.

nah, there will be like 15 or so republican who wont vote for it for not being extreme enough then the dems will, in a stunning display of what the focus groups assure them is mature leadership, get enough votes to let it pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The point of captive opposition is, in part, to torpedo popular measures the ruling clique doesn't want and then take the blame. Yertle will play by decorum rules just this once becaue it lets him have his lily-white heimat and blame the Dems for refusing to close the camps.

• Locked thread