Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I want to play traitor mans, who are good at swords, but bad at winning. Plz halp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Broken Record Talk posted:

I want to play traitor mans, who are good at swords, but bad at winning. Plz halp.
I'm sorry, this doesn't describe any traitor legion.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Safety Factor posted:

I'm sorry, this doesn't describe any traitor legion.

:ironicat:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

I play Solar Auxilia so I can’t really think of a legion that might match this description.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Do you want to be traitor or loyalist?

Loyalist, so I pick Alpha Legion.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Good at swords, bad at winning? ECs under Eidolon :v:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The real challenge with Maru Skara is controlling its raw power.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

panascope posted:

The real challenge with Maru Skara is controlling its raw power.

I know right, once you've tactically edged yourself to that point it's hard not to have all your units spill all over the battlefield.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Alpha Legion Headhunter Leviathal is traitor mans, who are good at knives, but bad at winning.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Dark Angels

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

BULBASAUR posted:

Dark Angels

:iceburn:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

You guys got the joke, nice.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
It's Friday, get hype for upda-

JcDent
May 13, 2013

:five:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Feels bad man

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Make a comic with sigmar players labeled as today’s mixed up teens

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Mango Polo posted:

loving lmao

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Mango Polo posted:

:vince:

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Too close to home, Onion.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
x-posting cos I know how much you love custodes

Got these shiny lads finished today. Painting them was good fun, but I think my idea of hell is now just posing resin contemptor arms forever.

Don't talk to me or my son etc etc:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Good posss.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just finished up 5 MkIII marines for a tactical support squad. They're all magnetized at the wrist to let me switch out weapons however I want. I've got flamers, plasma guns, meltaguns, volkite calivers, and volkite chargers. However, only the flamers are painted so far. Painting black armor, as always, is an arduous task endless joy and I've got 15 more just like these guys. And 20 heavy support marines.
:shepface:

Don't know what happened with the white balance in that last image, but it doesn't really matter.

Additionally, while I was doing the bases for these guys, I got a head start on my next project:

????????

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I immensely enjoy your Dark Angels.

By the way, traitor DA are the canonical "sword traitors bad at winning."

Playing traitors from Loyalist Legions would make you stand out (I think few people do that) and your army is canonically bad at winning. So you can have traitor DAngels, traitor BAngels, traitor Wolves (why do people call the Vilka Fenryka so often) - the only problen is getting them Eyes of Horus to go with your dudes.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Safety Factor posted:

Additionally, while I was doing the bases for these guys, I got a head start on my next project:

????????

drat, these are some really good Age of Sigmar bases. :eyepop:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

JcDent posted:

I immensely enjoy your Dark Angels.
Thank you. :shobon:

Lord_Hambrose posted:

drat, these are some really good Age of Sigmar bases. :eyepop:
But you? You can gently caress right off with that poo poo. :colbert:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

He’s right though

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Got these shiny lads finished today. Painting them was good fun, but I think my idea of hell is now just posing resin contemptor arms forever.

gently caress these are amazing.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

This is a very beautiful way to kill the game at least.

Safety Factor posted:

I just finished up 5 MkIII marines for a tactical support squad. They're all magnetized at the wrist to let me switch out weapons however I want. I've got flamers, plasma guns, meltaguns, volkite calivers, and volkite chargers. However, only the flamers are painted so far. Painting black armor, as always, is an arduous task endless joy and I've got 15 more just like these guys. And 20 heavy support marines.
:shepface:

Don't know what happened with the white balance in that last image, but it doesn't really matter.

????????

Proud sons of best legion. Very loyal, very sharp swoards.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Superb bases. Guide?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Big boy Angron is finally back in stock.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
So let's say that there are two large populations of an endangered animal left in the world. The largest is in Sanctuary A, and a smaller but still viable population lives in Sanctuary B. You are in charge of Sanctuary B, and have sworn oaths to protect this endangered animal at all costs. Suddenly, you lose contact with not only Sanctuary A, but most of the known world. You can't verify if anything actually happened out there, or whether Sanctuary A is still out there. They could be perfectly fine, or you could be the Steward of the only remaining population of the species you are sworn to protect. You've tried calling, but nobody picks up the phone. You've tried sending interns to check on them, but you never hear from them again either. You even dig up an old shortwave radio but still can't get any information on Sanctuary A or the wider world outside. So, being sworn to protect this species, you have two options:
Option 1, you assume the worst has happened. If it did, you are now nurturing the only large population of this animal. If it did not, then both populations are still alive and well.
Option 2, you assume the best has happened. If it did, then you sacrifice your population to go and aid the larger population. If it didn't, you sacrifice your population, and the animal is now extinct.

The fanatics among us, who give more loyalty to the Sanctuary Preservation Corporation than to the endangered species itself may say that you go check on Sanctuary A and the head offices, and make sure that the company is doing well. Those who are legitimately loyal to the endangered species, however, will do what is necessary to preserve the species, even if it may not be in the best interests of the company running the Sanctuary. Guilliman was and is loyal to humanity first, and The Emperor second. Given the choice between loyalties, he chose the option with the greatest potential for humanity to survive.

Two common threads among many Primarchs are either a warrior culture, or fanatacism. These are the two main things that led to most falls to chaos. Magnus was fanatical about knowledge, Fulgrim about perfection, Lorgar about worship. Angron was obsessed with warrior prowess, as were many other Primarchs, even loyalists. Guilliman didn't really fit in. He was a statesman. He was the boring kid who becomes high school class president because everyone admits that, yeah, he'd probably be really good at it and nobody else really wants to. It seems to me that he wasn't necessarily beloved by all his brothers, but only a few seemed to actively dislike him. Being able to fly? That's awesome. Unparalleled sorcerer? Awesome. Clouding minds to hide your presence? Awwwweeessssoooommmmeeeee. Being really good at juggling thousands of supply lines, diplomatic envoys, and trade agreements? LAAAAMMMMMMEEEEEE.

Guilliman's sin isn't being derelict in duty, or deficient in prowess as a military Commander. It's that he was boring.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Dakka again, eh?

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
This is the best examination of the Jurassic Park universe that I have ever read.

No wait....

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

BULBASAUR posted:

So let's say that there are two large populations of an endangered animal left in the world. The largest is in Sanctuary A, and a smaller but still viable population lives in Sanctuary B. You are in charge of Sanctuary B, and have sworn oaths to protect this endangered animal at all costs. Suddenly, you lose contact with not only Sanctuary A, but most of the known world. You can't verify if anything actually happened out there, or whether Sanctuary A is still out there. They could be perfectly fine, or you could be the Steward of the only remaining population of the species you are sworn to protect. You've tried calling, but nobody picks up the phone. You've tried sending interns to check on them, but you never hear from them again either. You even dig up an old shortwave radio but still can't get any information on Sanctuary A or the wider world outside. So, being sworn to protect this species, you have two options:
Option 1, you assume the worst has happened. If it did, you are now nurturing the only large population of this animal. If it did not, then both populations are still alive and well.
Option 2, you assume the best has happened. If it did, then you sacrifice your population to go and aid the larger population. If it didn't, you sacrifice your population, and the animal is now extinct.

The fanatics among us, who give more loyalty to the Sanctuary Preservation Corporation than to the endangered species itself may say that you go check on Sanctuary A and the head offices, and make sure that the company is doing well. Those who are legitimately loyal to the endangered species, however, will do what is necessary to preserve the species, even if it may not be in the best interests of the company running the Sanctuary. Guilliman was and is loyal to humanity first, and The Emperor second. Given the choice between loyalties, he chose the option with the greatest potential for humanity to survive.

Two common threads among many Primarchs are either a warrior culture, or fanatacism. These are the two main things that led to most falls to chaos. Magnus was fanatical about knowledge, Fulgrim about perfection, Lorgar about worship. Angron was obsessed with warrior prowess, as were many other Primarchs, even loyalists. Guilliman didn't really fit in. He was a statesman. He was the boring kid who becomes high school class president because everyone admits that, yeah, he'd probably be really good at it and nobody else really wants to. It seems to me that he wasn't necessarily beloved by all his brothers, but only a few seemed to actively dislike him. Being able to fly? That's awesome. Unparalleled sorcerer? Awesome. Clouding minds to hide your presence? Awwwweeessssoooommmmeeeee. Being really good at juggling thousands of supply lines, diplomatic envoys, and trade agreements? LAAAAMMMMMMEEEEEE.

Guilliman's sin isn't being derelict in duty, or deficient in prowess as a military Commander. It's that he was boring.

sir, this is a manufactorum

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Guilliman was too busy writing his employee manual to get up and see if the district manager’s phone still worked

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Roboute Gulliman is a fascist little poo poo that has tried to be the emperor at every possible opportunity, Horus did nothing wrong.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Beep beep, crosspost comin' through:

Safety Factor posted:

:siren: WIP :siren:

The hunter-killer missiles are magnetized as they're an option in 30k. They also need a bit of clean-up, but the dreadnought itself is ready to be primed. The right arm is magnetized and I've got a plasma cannon for this guy too. The left is glued on as he will never be without his crozius.
:colbert:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Holy crap, the Contemptor arm looks perfect. Might have to use them on all of my Box Boiz!

Awesome model. Still, 0/10 for no swords.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
This is a much better thread to ask this in.

What are the rules of interaction between Simple Green and Forgeworld resin? Can I soak resin in simple green overnight, or will I wake up to a bowl of very expensive sludge? Or will I get a model that looks initially fine but reenacts that one scene from Robocop when I apply any pressure to it?

I've got some Forgeworld stuff that seems like it's got some mold-release agent that has hardened into a thin, hard-as-glass shell, and which did not respond to an overnight soak in Dawn, toothbrush scrub, and trip through an ultrasonic cleaner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Safety Factor posted:

Beep beep, crosspost comin' through:

Shameful. Cross-posting your 30k model in the 30k thread. Get out, 8th lover