Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
You should be able to team with friends in Turf War but the League mode is great and I would never play TW anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah the turf war joining stuff sucks rear end but i havent played turf war since like...hour 3 of the game's release.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Milkman posted:

Sunshine does have far and away have the most room for improvement in a remaster if you wanna look at it that way.

granted that Windwaker was a good game to begin with but it only took like three changes to make that a massively better game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

granted that Windwaker was a good game to begin with but it only took like three changes to make that a massively better game.

those were all strictly GC limitations too. fitting a lot of pics into the cam wasnt possible back then, and the devs admitted if the original game had the fast sail you would clip right through the islands cause they wouldnt load in time.

hope they bundle WWHD and TPHD together for switch so I have an excuse to beat those for the 30th time lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

personally i hope they do somethingbesides port wii u games i already own and smash. gently caress you nintendo!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*absolutely never takes my switch out of the dock because im afraid of hurting it and wouldnt even dream of taking it outside* It's cool that those games would be portable though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

*absolutely never takes my switch out of the dock because im afraid of hurting it and wouldnt even dream of taking it outside* It's cool that those games would be portable though

dude get comfy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

personally i hope they do somethingbesides port wii u games i already own and smash. gently caress you nintendo!

This.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Odyssey and BOTW are great and Octopath looks good but yeah, where's my Metroid and Yoshi??

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Odyssey and BOTW are great and Octopath looks good but yeah, where's my Metroid and Yoshi??

Cancelled after the exposure of Miyamoto's senseless murder of Gunpei Yokoi and his extradition to Yo'ster Isle for summary execution.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Nintendoushio/status/1008260563569397760

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Cancelled after the exposure of Miyamoto's senseless murder of Gunpei Yokoi and his extradition to Yo'ster Isle for summary execution.

all the yoshi island games are bad except the first one so its fine

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

dude get comfy

the one day I took my gameboy advance to school a bully stole it from me, when I tried to tell teachers about it they were like "well you shouldnt have brought that to school so gently caress you" and my parents grounded me for a year and that experience scarred me

also its so tiny and light and flimsy I feel like im just gonna drop it and it'll explode athf style

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

fair point.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

extremebuff posted:

the one day I took my gameboy advance to school a bully stole it from me, when I tried to tell teachers about it they were like "well you shouldnt have brought that to school so gently caress you" and my parents grounded me for a year and that experience scarred me

also its so tiny and light and flimsy I feel like im just gonna drop it and it'll explode athf style

go pick it up, pick one of the many good pixel indie games available, and sit on your drat couch

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

pixel indie game is nor a slight on bob, the switch has many great pixel indie games that are perfect for getting comfy with

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

pixel indie game is nor a slight on bob, the switch has many great pixel indie games that are perfect for getting comfy with

i played celeste in bed while learning on my elbow which tbh is unhealthy. goonbless

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wooly World is fun

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What, you don't like fine video games such as Yoshi's Topsy Turvy, Catch! Touch! Yoshi! or Boku no Yossy Densetsu: -Tale of EGGSTACY-

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i do hope they port 3d world just because it's my second favorite and it deserves a wider audience than me and the 11 other posters who bought a wii u

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

hollow knight came out on switch during e3 and i was like..yeah, i'd buy this again to play it on the ultra comfy pro controller lol

i played celeste in bed while learning on my elbow which tbh is unhealthy. goonbless

celeste had my interest too and doesnt have an insane price like most switch ports. binding of isaac for rich people and enter the gungeon for double what it released for on steam editions ftl

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Milkman posted:

i do hope they port 3d world just because it's my second favorite and it deserves a wider audience than me and the 11 other posters who bought a wii u

i was so excited for mario maker: people actually play your levels edition for switch to be revealed this e3 :(

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

from what ive read the nicalis games being overpriced is cuz they made wide release physical versions, and if you make $15 physical games best buy throws you right into the bargain bins, and nintendo apparently doesnt want physical and digital games to have wildly different prices

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

also cuz nicalis are poo poo heads

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

gimme a new mario paint!!!!! gently caress mario maker!!!!!!!!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

elf help book posted:

from what ive read the nicalis games being overpriced is cuz they made wide release physical versions, and if you make $15 physical games best buy throws you right into the bargain bins, and nintendo apparently doesnt want physical and digital games to have wildly different prices

Weird part is it means you can get the games cheaper physical by buying them used. Although I think BoI was on sale for like $28 on eshop a couple months ago

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i leave my Switch docked because i have shoulder problems that plague me whenever i play any handheld game. it was really hard to finish ALBW and i gave up on triforce heroes.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

i leave my Switch docked because i have shoulder problems that plague me whenever i play any handheld game. it was really hard to finish ALBW and i gave up on triforce heroes.

u tried tablet/kickstand mode with it much?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

gimme a new mario paint!!!!! gently caress mario maker!!!!!!!!!

yeah mspaint is WAY better than infinite mario levels and carefully crafting platforming hellscapes to torment your friends with..smh

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

custom needs comfy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff posted:

yeah mspaint is WAY better than infinite mario levels and carefully crafting platforming hellscapes to torment your friends with..smh

thats what im saying!!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I loved the weird creepypasta poo poo that was built into Mario Maker with no explanation, like sometimes when you fell to your death you'd hear Mario scream and crash to the ground and then a set of footsteps down a hallway until a door creaked open and a voice whispered "Super Mario Maker"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope they remaster certain 3ds games for the switch so I can play them with a good controller lol. i just bought hollowknight to beat it again for like the dozenth time. i am insane

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wooly World is fun

its really good and very overlooked unfortunately

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

extremebuff posted:

those were all strictly GC limitations too. fitting a lot of pics into the cam wasnt possible back then, and the devs admitted if the original game had the fast sail you would clip right through the islands cause they wouldnt load in time.

hrm.. skeptical of this on account of the famous superswim glitch used in speedruns, which never clips through any islands.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

b_d posted:

hrm.. skeptical of this on account of the famous superswim glitch used in speedruns, which never clips through any islands.

it hella does lol what are you talking about e: and theyd at the very least have severe pop-in if link didn't zip underneathe the island

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 19, 2018

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

thought I remembered speedrunners bumping into islands on their way to a different island... my mistake. i'm no ZFG

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Famous TV Dad posted:

its really good and very overlooked unfortunately

The bonus levels are really good

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

extremebuff posted:

ninty also made the insane assumption that a huge percentage of wii owners would naturally 'upgrade' to the wiiu which had nothing but nintendo land and a decent 2d mario game on it for the first year of its life. the wiiu ended up having a great library (that is all slowly being ported over to the switch) but drat they REALLY hosed up lol

it was also the first and only Nintendo console that used the old controllers from the previous system

which was an awesome money saver but it really did not help them curtail confusion

i still cant wrap my head around how yoshi's island DS sucked so bad. i actually beat the game (which is something i rarely do, even for good games) but i was amazed at it sucking. because the game is identical graphically to Yoshi's Island on the SNES, so how could this game be any different? it plays the same and everything, controls the same, same graphics and sound with some nice new character additions, but it was just boring as gently caress? i am legit curious as to how they hosed that up?

was it because Artoon made it and not Nintendo? i still hate when nintendo does that. just make the games yourselves; you are a game company ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Man I need octopath now