Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going
Could I get an invite? @gorrizon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rollersnake posted:

It really is amazing the lengths to which PC gamers will go in order to not use a gamepad. :v:

If only console owners went to the same lengths not to use their keyboard.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

How do the guild quests work now since One Tamriel?

They're basically quest chains like any other. Later quests in the fighter/mage guild stories aren't gated by level, but they are gated a little bit by your rank in the guild. You don't need to max it out, but it's good to get a head start by reading some books and/or grinding some dolmens. I know you can finish both of those storylines at rank 5, and maybe lower?

Those stories have a ton of solo-only instances, so it's a lovely thing to try to run through with a friend. I know because I tried to run through the fighter's guild with a friend...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

What am I meant to do with a museum piece? I can't bank it and I can't sell it. Does it just squat in inventory tying up space until I destroy it?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Jedit posted:

What am I meant to do with a museum piece? I can't bank it and I can't sell it. Does it just squat in inventory tying up space until I destroy it?

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:House_of_Orsimer_Glories?

There's also a similar one for the Psijics with relics found only in Summerset, Dwemer pieces to build your own robot in Clockwork City and I suppose the Thieves Guild hitlist.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
How do I buy Imperials? It doesn't seem to show even searching for it in the store.

It's weird having Morrowind be the starter content since it was the expansion but okay. That makes me worry about the sense of progression (if the game used to have it) like a traditional MMO of going to a new more powerful area and such.

Also, they didn't seem to think about how implementing crime systems late affects new players. My girlfriend accidentally assaulted an NPC last night but didn't have the gold to pay it off (or any gold from what I understand) so the guards just kept killing her on sight constantly until I gave her enough to pay her bounty.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Also, they didn't seem to think about how implementing crime systems late affects new players. My girlfriend accidentally assaulted an NPC last night but didn't have the gold to pay it off (or any gold from what I understand) so the guards just kept killing her on sight constantly until I gave her enough to pay her bounty.

Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Coldforge posted:

I main a Warden, but come on. You could just play a Sorc and get a pet that offers a heal plus whatever a matriarch does, and not need any extra DPS because you’re a Sorc :stonk:

Yeah but sorcs can't go around chucking cliff racers at people.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The outlaw refuges are your friend if you're on the lam. Or just hang out in the wilderness questing until your bounty goes away on it's own.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

How do I buy Imperials? It doesn't seem to show even searching for it in the store.

It's weird having Morrowind be the starter content since it was the expansion but okay. That makes me worry about the sense of progression (if the game used to have it) like a traditional MMO of going to a new more powerful area and such.

Getting killed should clear your bounty. It did the one time I got ganked by a guard, after accidentally killing a student at the magic college while trying to do that loving crocodile summoning quest.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I looked it up and saw that but it didn't. I wonder if it's because she didn't have any gold to surrender. Either way we finally fixed it but that was loving lame.

I'm excited to play more tonight but it's weird having to break myself of the habit of picking up everything...

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'm excited to play more tonight but it's weird having to break myself of the habit of picking up everything...
Go to settings and enable auto-loot combined with "do not auto-loot contrabant".

You can thank me later.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Not so much that (though thank you) but the fact that I don't have the inventory space I would in Skyrim so picking up everything not nailed down is killing me.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
The craft bag from being subbed alleviates a lot of that. Any and all crafting materials automatically get deposited into it and it's bottomless. You can hoard junk to your heart's content.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there a way to respec?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

you can respec at shrines usually found in "major" cities, namely

Vivec City, Vvardenfall
Alinor, Summerset
Mournhold, Deshaan
Wayrest, Stormhaven
Elden Root, Grahtwood

you can respec attribute points, morphs, or all your skills

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Should I take my girlfriend and I out of Morrowind and onto the old starter content?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Berke Negri posted:

you can respec at shrines usually found in "major" cities, namely

Vivec City, Vvardenfall
Alinor, Summerset
Mournhold, Deshaan
Wayrest, Stormhaven
Elden Root, Grahtwood

you can respec attribute points, morphs, or all your skills

Sweet, thanks. That was a big thing I was worried about, didn't wanna find out that I hosed myself cuz I took the wrong talents or whatever.

Couple more questions.

1. Have dungeons been rebalanced at all? Like two years ago (last time I played) i tried to do one with some people at the minimum level that it let me queue for and it was like...Every fight was a disaster and we couldnt even beat the second boss. Everything just did so much damage and we couldn't do much damage in turn.

2. Did they make skill points harder to come by, or is it just the Vvardenfell campaign? Because I could have sworn I was swimming in them in the base game but now I've barely gotten any like 3 hours into this character.

3. Are builds still kind of all or nothing? Not really talking endgame where I suppose is where things get more strict, but more like. I want my Dunmer Dragonknight to wear medium armor, while swinging a 2h and leaning heavily into the fire tree, is this just too spread thin in archetypes to be worthwhile? or is it fine.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

1. Dungeons are now gated for low level characters, so no more being level 10 and queuing into insanely hard DLC dungeons.

2. Vvardenfell gates most of its skill points behind all the sidequests and main quest I think, but it does have more skyshards than "bite-sized" story dlcs to make up for it

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Sweet, thanks. That was a big thing I was worried about, didn't wanna find out that I hosed myself cuz I took the wrong talents or whatever.

Couple more questions.

1. Have dungeons been rebalanced at all? Like two years ago (last time I played) i tried to do one with some people at the minimum level that it let me queue for and it was like...Every fight was a disaster and we couldnt even beat the second boss. Everything just did so much damage and we couldn't do much damage in turn.

2. Did they make skill points harder to come by, or is it just the Vvardenfell campaign? Because I could have sworn I was swimming in them in the base game but now I've barely gotten any like 3 hours into this character.

3. Are builds still kind of all or nothing? Not really talking endgame where I suppose is where things get more strict, but more like. I want my Dunmer Dragonknight to wear medium armor, while swinging a 2h and leaning heavily into the fire tree, is this just too spread thin in archetypes to be worthwhile? or is it fine.

What you described is stamina dragonknight which is viable since they've rebalanced skills to offer stamina options. You'll still mostly be using weapon skills as a stamDK but at least you can breathe poison and use a poison claw which scale with stamina specs

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Nektu posted:

Go to settings and enable auto-loot combined with "do not auto-loot contrabant".

You can thank me later.

Also, enable the prevent attacking innocents. I think it's under gameplay.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Should I take my girlfriend and I out of Morrowind and onto the old starter content?
I liked the morrowing stuff very much more than the mainland quests.

One minor problem is that morrowind has very few mage quest books to find so you will defninately not level the mage quest as quickly as on the mainland.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can I get an invite @Harlockian?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:unsmith:

Urbek is the best hireling. Pacrooti can rot in hell for selling out.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Anyone get anything good from the free crate weekend? I didn’t really, but I did get a purple costume and 3 different motif pages which isn’t terrible . I’m pulling for my daughter to get something good on XBox tomorrow because she cares about mounts and I don’t.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

HungryMedusa posted:

Anyone get anything good from the free crate weekend? I didn’t really, but I did get a purple costume and 3 different motif pages which isn’t terrible . I’m pulling for my daughter to get something good on XBox tomorrow because she cares about mounts and I don’t.

That’s a great haul, crown crates are a total scam. I got a couple fancy dress costumes, a tattoo and a motif page (plus a dozen gems). I’ll take it for free.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Scyantific posted:

:unsmith:

Urbek is the best hireling. Pacrooti can rot in hell for selling out.

Yeah right, urbek’s mail sucks. Instant delete, worst pen pal ever.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

HungryMedusa posted:

Got the Psijic Guar Exemplar mount and the Nocturnal statue.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
My fave hireling is... Tythis. Dude is legit. :coal:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think I don't understand how abilities get progress to being morphed. My flame whip is like half way to morphing (It was the first ability I got and I'm level 15 right now) meanwhile I just picked up searing strike and after a little dungeon it was already morph ready.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Do you have Flame Whip equipped?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Do you have Flame Whip equipped?

I do, I've been using it pretty often.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

All I have wanted in this game since I started playing... was a wizard hat. I missed out on the old crates that had them, and I thought maybe they would never return.

Today, I finally achieved my dream. One of the free crates I opened (and I only got two) had a wizard hat! With a jaunty feather, no less!

As I've said before, I have a lot of alts. And now almost all of them wear wizard hats! It adds +5 to any outfit's snazzy rating.

Only problem is now that I've 100% beaten the game and won the ultimate prize, which is a wizard hat, I'm not sure what to do next. It's all downhill from this glorious moment.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

All I have wanted in this game since I started playing... was a wizard hat. I missed out on the old crates that had them, and I thought maybe they would never return.

Today, I finally achieved my dream. One of the free crates I opened (and I only got two) had a wizard hat! With a jaunty feather, no less!

As I've said before, I have a lot of alts. And now almost all of them wear wizard hats! It adds +5 to any outfit's snazzy rating.

Only problem is now that I've 100% beaten the game and won the ultimate prize, which is a wizard hat, I'm not sure what to do next. It's all downhill from this glorious moment.

The game is just starting. Now you must create a new outfit for each and every alt, each themed around their (individually dyed) wizard hat, every one unique.

Get to it.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Coldforge posted:

The game is just starting. Now you must create a new outfit for each and every alt, each themed around their (individually dyed) wizard hat, every one unique.

Get to it.

Buddy, I'm way ahead a' ya...

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Nice, do you remember what rarity tier that was? I am definitely buying that with gems if I can.

I just got some boring tattoos and one of the gold-tier experience scrolls (which I traded for gems) in my free crates.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Why the gently caress didnt I get free crates on EU :saddowns:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rollersnake posted:

Nice, do you remember what rarity tier that was? I am definitely buying that with gems if I can.

I just got some boring tattoos and one of the gold-tier experience scrolls (which I traded for gems) in my free crates.

I don't think it's super rare. I think the little card when I got it had a blue glow, if that means anything. Its actual name is "Plumed Wide-Brim Acorn Warder," for anyone wanting to look it up.

It plays surprisingly nice with long hairstyles. This is what it looks like when you mix it with that long "barbaric windblown" hairdo, it's like a shorter version of the same style:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Nektu posted:

Why the gently caress didnt I get free crates on EU :saddowns:

Because you didn't log in and kill something every day at the weekend? You had to kill a mob to earn a crate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I have no sense of the value of gold in the game, for now I have been dumping all of it into increasing my inventory. When do you normally stop?