Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Johnny Truant posted:

Did they buff C4 recently or something? I still haven't used it since, uh, basically it came out, but maybe I should..

The radius on it got buffed a lot, it's super useful now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How does fall damage work in this game? I feel like sometimes I slide down a hill a little too quickly and take damage, but last night I was playing and came across someone building a gigantic sky fortress, and I mean a crazy tall structure, so of course I did what any sane person would do and I threw a grenade at the base. When it all came crashing down, I assumed the person building it would be dead but they somehow survived to shotgun me while I ran in to loot their corpse with a grenade in my hand instead of a gun.

Lesson learned, but I have no idea how they survived

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How does fall damage work in this game? I feel like sometimes I slide down a hill a little too quickly and take damage, but last night I was playing and came across someone building a gigantic sky fortress, and I mean a crazy tall structure, so of course I did what any sane person would do and I threw a grenade at the base. When it all came crashing down, I assumed the person building it would be dead but they somehow survived to shotgun me while I ran in to loot their corpse with a grenade in my hand instead of a gun.

Lesson learned, but I have no idea how they survived

They probably had one of the new bounce pads up there. Those things will negate any fall damage so they're a good safety feature to throw down if you're high up. A jump pad would save you too, but it doesn't sound like he parachuted.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

No parachute, I watched him fall the whole way

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

wa27 posted:

They probably had one of the new bounce pads up there. Those things will negate any fall damage so they're a good safety feature to throw down if you're high up. A jump pad would save you too, but it doesn't sound like he parachuted.

Wait, if you hit a bounce pad you don't take any fall damage?

Also, bounce pads into traps will never get old, nailed 2 people last night with that trick.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

MF_James posted:

Wait, if you hit a bounce pad you don't take any fall damage?

Yeah the lower half of your body even glows like when using hop rocks.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Johnny Truant posted:

Did they buff C4 recently or something? I still haven't used it since, uh, basically it came out, but maybe I should..

Not only is the structure damage radius huge now, but you can run + throw at the same time as of a patch ago.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
also the damage isn't blocked by walls and floors, so you'll take out everything in the full radius instead of just a 1x1 block

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
that's fuckin sick

I wish this game had "throw grenade" as its own button and grenades not taking up inventory space, full halo style, but it's not really reasonable when so many things already need their own buttons because of building

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I very nearly took out the giant tower in Tilted the other night with a stack of 4*c4 and I probably could've done it with better placement or maybe 1 more. I think there were a couple of corner walls and a couple of center walls left. I just ran around the bottom level throwing it on each side. I'm hoping to take out a team or two with fall damage using that trick one day.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
I tried it yesterday but missed two wall pieces. Unfortunately no one was inside. I've been having fun dropping portaforts instantly with c4. It's so easy to sneak under the lip of the fort, place it then set up to catch them when they fall.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

IronicDongz posted:

that's fuckin sick

I wish this game had "throw grenade" as its own button and grenades not taking up inventory space, full halo style, but it's not really reasonable when so many things already need their own buttons because of building

On xbox the rb1 button isn't being used when not building. It would actually be really cool to be able to map that to grenades or c4 etc. Also I've been playing this game since October and aside from one battlepass purchase that repays for itself I got one of the soccer skins. It's awesome. Like 40 skins in one for 1200 coins. Anyone who didn't get it should definitely get it again if it comes back.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Seltzer posted:

On xbox the rb1 button isn't being used when not building.
Aren't R1 and L1 used for switching guns?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

wa27 posted:

Aren't R1 and L1 used for switching guns?

Yea I'm an idiot. Maybe map it to r3 (pushing analog stick in)? Or that probably does something too I'm not remembering

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Nullsmack posted:

I very nearly took out the giant tower in Tilted the other night with a stack of 4*c4 and I probably could've done it with better placement or maybe 1 more. I think there were a couple of corner walls and a couple of center walls left. I just ran around the bottom level throwing it on each side. I'm hoping to take out a team or two with fall damage using that trick one day.

Yeah my first discovery of just how good C4 was post-patch was throwing it into the middle of one the smaller buildings in Tilted to try and flush out someone because I heard their footsteps...and just with that one brick basically blew up like half the building. :stare: That dropped them to the ground and sent them scrambling, and then they got shotgunned. From that point on I have always prioritized carrying C4 whenever I find some.

For Tilted demolition purposes, I'd definitely try to get them one "layer" in, on interior walls closer to the core to maximize the blast radius. If you got it just right you could probably take out some of those buildings with as few as two charges.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Weird to see how furious the Fortnite meme account owner is getting over the death of XXXtenacion, a literal poo poo human being. That was an easy unfollow :shrug:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Johnny Truant posted:

Weird to see how furious the Fortnite meme account owner is getting over the death of XXXtenacion, a literal poo poo human being. That was an easy unfollow :shrug:

𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓪𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓬𝓪

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Johnny Truant posted:

What is there to even be furious about? XXX should've built

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The stink bombs are fun. I can't wait for them to be vaulted in 2 weeks.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
emoting at every possible opportunity is too much fun. I might have a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnUZQLAfa9k

(obs messed up, so there's no audio)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

objectively bad posted:

emoting at every possible opportunity is too much fun. I might have a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnUZQLAfa9k

(obs messed up, so there's no audio)

drat I need the red card emote! Haha.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This is the worst 'Open 7 crates in X' yet!

All the crates are indoors and you dont even know if the crate spawned there until you land and check.

Again why isnt this listed as (Hard)?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Erika posted:

This is the worst 'Open 7 crates in X' yet!

All the crates are indoors and you dont even know if the crate spawned there until you land and check.

Again why isnt this listed as (Hard)?

It probably make sense to drop in these places with the intention to make cheap kills from people running around withouth guns, and ignore the chest for now.

Maybe drop nearby to try to get a scoped rifle or sniper.

Cull the weak. Improve the gene pool.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Always do the chest challenge towards the end of the week.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

prom candy posted:

Always do the chest challenge towards the end of the week.

I always do them in 50v50 (or 20v20v20v20v20) because it has increased chest spawn rates. :eng101:

From the 4.4 patch notes for the 50v50 mode:
Loot

Increased chances of chests spawning from 50-70% to 75-90%.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
That's pretty smart!

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I might actually hold onto mine for now since I'm at lvl 100 battlepass, so it's just xp for me. If they do a double xp weekend I'm going to try to do everything then.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Retail Row is the place for chest cheevos. Land on the water tower to get the first one, then make your way through the mall, I'm pretty sure every building in the malll has a chest.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Yeah I got mine going through retail as well, mostly by accident

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Coming from PS4, playing on the Switch makes me feel like a much better play than I actually am. So many default skins looking around in bewilderment while I shoot them from above in a crappy 1x1. I bought the battle pass (again. Thanks, Sony) over the weekend and already caught up with all of the challenges, too.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
Playing on the Switch as first-time player is pretty great too. Lots of easy kills running around, with enough PC / Xbox / Playstation(?) experienced players that there are tough battles to learn from. It probably helps that everyone on switch has the same hardware to work with. Up to about 10 wins across solo duo and squad, though I can't check without the career tab.

As a bonus, the challenges are pretty easy to complete. I finished the week 8 challenges in a couple hours last night, and weeks 1-7 the weekend before. I am the visitor.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Johnny Truant posted:

drat I need the red card emote! Haha.

I'd imagine it'll be in the store again at some point before the end of the world cup, so keep an eye out for it. iirc it was only 200 vbucks, definitely worth it.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

objectively bad posted:

I'd imagine it'll be in the store again at some point before the end of the world cup, so keep an eye out for it. iirc it was only 200 vbucks, definitely worth it.

:pray:

I try to emote after every kill I get :dukedog:

I'm still torn between salty and make it rain as to which is my favourite, though.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

just realized that tuesday's patch will be the last major update before the next season :ohdear:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm still torn between salty and make it rain as to which is my favourite, though.

hmmmm this isn't the Rawr emote

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

Thank you for the kills.

The rainbow dance is my favorite. Carlton always holds a special place in my heart.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 22, 2018

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Johnny Truant posted:

https://youtu.be/o5x613Zrl6U?t=1264

I finally completed the elimations in flush factories yesterday. I could probably have gotten away with emoting before the first kill but I didn't want to risk it because I'd already dropped flush factories half a dozen times without anyone else dropping there, so I just wanted to get it over and done with.

Another two good emotes are clap and dab. Clap because it's a short sound, which means you can use it to bait out while third person peeking without giving away too much sound information. Dab is good because people assume you're 12 years old and get upset at being killed and dabbed on by a child.

Cultisto
Oct 18, 2010

When Gozer the Gozarian roams the earth, you have my permission to die.
Fun Shoe
I got the open seven chests challenge on my first attempt without any resistance and I might ruin this now but here you go, I dropped down to the small crater west of Pleasant Park because everyone is dropping there right now. The crater will have between 1-3 chests within 10ft of each other. Then head north towards the graveyard, it will likely also be deserted and there's what, 9 chests there minimum? If for some reason you haven't already got the challenge by then Junk Junction is next door and is littered with chests everywhere.

Everyone's going to PP or Retail Row or Salty Springs right now so this is probably the safest corner with the highest density of chests that I can think of.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

For all seven people who play Save the World: Epic is dropping a 'State of the Game' blogpost at 3 pm EST that they've said is going to be a lot more substantial in expressing what they have planned for the PvE mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

For all seven people who play Save the World: Epic is dropping a 'State of the Game' blogpost at 3 pm EST that they've said is going to be a lot more substantial in expressing what they have planned for the PvE mode.

Ant wait to read 6 months of mapped out reskins.