Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I've spent far too much on Bullseye in the effort of trying to make him good. Still haven't reached that point.
T2, all amplified URUs, maxed skills, PoAH, okay obelisk, and atm heroic uniform (I just couldn't get myself to use a mythic ticket on him).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I want a good Ultron since he was one of my first T2s, but I don’t love that look.

I just T2ed Titania to see how she does. Vulture cleared an SL too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I planned on getting Doc Ock to t2 as I hae the Superior Spider-Man costume, and I guess i'll bother with Ultron if he does get a new costume that makes him decent.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Steve Vader posted:

I want a good Ultron since he was one of my first T2s, but I don’t love that look.

I just T2ed Titania to see how she does. Vulture cleared an SL too.

Vulture is very good, especially in his homecoming costume. He easily clears a later villain shadowland stage for me at T1 and 20/20/20/20. Like most flying speed characters, he can be kept in almost permanent x-frames.

Edit: Although he is not an easy one to get as you only get his bios from special missions with him as a shifter, which can take a while.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I was only referring to story mode 1-8 villains

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white

fart simpson posted:

Ultron isnt the trash pile he used to be but he's still not good. I'd put him as a solid below average at this point. Venom is actually pretty good but only with his Antivenom uniform, which makes him a hero. Doctor Octopus is pretty decent and good for a shadowlands clear. Bullseye is garbage but he has an ignore dodge leadership, which is situationally useful and one of only 3 characters with that effect.

All of the other cheap villains are total garbage imo.
Non-uni Green Goblin is fine, just a bit niche in what he can do in shadowlands due to the energy reflect of a lot of the speed stages. It's not a good list though.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
We're getting an All Uniform sale today, for anyone else who's been waiting.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im gonna get shuri and eric killgrave cos gently caress it its only another 2k crystals and i get a ctp energy

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I really want to boost Wolverine with his but o hate how it looks and you know he’s going to have a billion costumes coming down the pipeline.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah wait for his weapon x nudieman costume

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What’s a good source of Chaotic ISO crystals. After the respin sale I’m almost completely out of them and only have 1 Star versions left.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

What’s a good source of Chaotic ISO crystals. After the respin sale I’m almost completely out of them and only have 1 Star versions left.

the daily mission, wbi

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

the daily mission, wbi

the store used to be the fuckin poo poo for buying 3* isos and 2* if you were desperate

now its loving TRASH and I can never do the gold daily because the iso daily is the only non-tryhard way to get chaotics in this meta

Chaotic ISO-8 are the true bane of my FF existence, there are not enough Energy/HP Physical/HP in the universe to sate my lust

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Is there a trick to using Cap's Tier 3 skill? Pretty sure I have no idea what I'm doing with it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Dave posted:

Is there a trick to using Cap's Tier 3 skill? Pretty sure I have no idea what I'm doing with it.

I'm no expert and I might be doing it wrong but here's what I got.

You gotta hold down the button and "charge" the power while he's in the crouch. What I like to do is hit his 1 to get a shield and the do the 6. I hold it until his bubble turns yellow and then let go. A good charge will wipe off 3 bars in late stage WBU. It's kinda like that thing Black Dwarf does.

Problem is you can still take damage in the crouch, hence the need for the shield. And you can fall victim to a guard break, so I've been debating throwing a new obelisk on him. I also loaded him with defensive urus to protect him through the crouch and if I can find an Immunity Guard Break/All Defense obelisk I'll probably pull the trigger.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white

thechalkoutline posted:

the store used to be the fuckin poo poo for buying 3* isos and 2* if you were desperate

now its loving TRASH and I can never do the gold daily because the iso daily is the only non-tryhard way to get chaotics in this meta

Chaotic ISO-8 are the true bane of my FF existence, there are not enough Energy/HP Physical/HP in the universe to sate my lust
I did not do this previously and have been loving the new store's access to semi-premium comic cards, uni xp chips and nice amounts of specific character bios, tbh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its really a 50/50 depending on your usage. There's a lot more premium items and big packages you can buy. But there was a lot of stuff you could pick up every half hour on the cheap that you can't do anymore. I did the same thing where I'd be 2-3-4* Chaos stones in there and work them up.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The Dave posted:

I really want to boost Wolverine with his but o hate how it looks and you know he’s going to have a billion costumes coming down the pipeline.

Both of his current uniforms kinda suck anyway. They sure aren't a significant boost at any rate.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I bought the AoA one to get me over the hump in Timeline. Of course now I use T2 Cap and Apocalypse before him so he's barely a factor in my Timelines. So ah well.

Honestly... I barely even use him in WBU outside Proxima. And he's like the last person there. Somehow he fell behind Hulk.

I should probably take a look at his isos/urus/gear and see if I've neglected him.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

STAC Goat posted:

I'm no expert and I might be doing it wrong but here's what I got.

You gotta hold down the button and "charge" the power while he's in the crouch. What I like to do is hit his 1 to get a shield and the do the 6. I hold it until his bubble turns yellow and then let go. A good charge will wipe off 3 bars in late stage WBU. It's kinda like that thing Black Dwarf does.

Problem is you can still take damage in the crouch, hence the need for the shield. And you can fall victim to a guard break, so I've been debating throwing a new obelisk on him. I also loaded him with defensive urus to protect him through the crouch and if I can find an Immunity Guard Break/All Defense obelisk I'll probably pull the trigger.

His 5 skill gives super armor for 5 seconds, mate

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really wish there was a way to get more gear up kits. You need so many and you get such a tiny amount from missions, and SL only gives you them as rewards for so long. I have a few characters with enough bios to level their get to max, but not nearly enough gear up kits. Plus its dumb as gently caress you need them for the processer.

While I sit on 500k dimension debries.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You can process them in the lab if you really want. The store is still pretty good about selling them. You can't pick them up as frequently but if you check in regularly there's usually a bunch of 25-50-100 packs on sale sooner or later. I'm debating how often I should do the Deploy just to have the tokens to run through the store since if I can reload a few times I can usually get a solid number of Gear Up Kits, a ton of norn stones, and other stuff. Just don't know if its worth the gold to do a couple of times a day. It cleans you out fast.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i think i got my mountain of guks from wbi. wait for a day when theres an easy to do wbi mission and then rake in the piles of poo poo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I do that too but its always a crap shoot and you burn through GUK super quick if you're working up gear.

I basically make a point to only try and work people up once or twice a week when I can build up a few thousand GUK that won't necessarily clean me out. Then I'll do one or two people until I'm down to around 1000 and stop in case I need them for something that comes up.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

WBI is awful for guks because even from a green or blue box you only get like 10 or 15 guks if they drop at all.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

awful compared to what? you get less than that from a story mission

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I rarely get Gear up kits from WBI.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I have like 50k GUKs. What are you people even doing? Do you just T2 even garbage characters all the time or what?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i have 200k guks and ive 420'd everyone i have lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Zokari posted:

I have like 50k GUKs. What are you people even doing? Do you just T2 even garbage characters all the time or what?

Yes

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Just this week I’ve t2ed Blade, Vision, and Kingpin

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I ran into GUK problems for the first time once I started T2ing every blast and universal character I own for WBU.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

i have 200k guks and ive 420'd everyone i have lol

Same. I'm 13 characters away from having the entire roster at 420 or better, and almost everything that isn't 420 is paywall.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, my basic game philosophy right now is to gradually work everyone towards 4/20+150 and then gradually T2 them. In the last couple of weeks I've T2ed Rocket, Star-Lord, Hulkbuster, and all the other lingering T3 possibles. I'm gonna T2 Ant-Man next in anticipation of the movie update. After that I'm working on Amadeus, Hellcat, and Angela just because. I've already T2ed all the first 8 Story people months ago. Its a thing to do and a goal. Each few days or so when I get 1000 Chaos Stones someone gets T2ed.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

When I started to hit the GuK wall I took a break from leveling and gearing more characters and focused on getting more t2 ready. So expanding vertically instead of horizontally, once I got a nice stock pile I started bringing some others up.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

What's the trick to WBU Black Dwarf? (Besides using Energy?)

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

thechalkoutline posted:

What's the trick to WBU Black Dwarf? (Besides using Energy?)

What’s your valor? Are you doing it on level 1? Are you using energy metas? My trick is to use cable with a damage lead and Coulson/Shuri/Valkyrie and on level 1 it’s not challenging.

Kween
Jan 9, 2005
Not recently,no
Dunno he seems pretty easy. His only dangerous move is his piercing attack which lights up purple so just move out of its way.

Go to the bottom of the screen when he does his shield thing or spinny move and you can wait them out if that’s where you’re having problems

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dwarf is a pain in the rear end on the high levels since its hard as hell to hurt him and he can wipe you out in a second. But low or mid level, yeah, its mostly just a matter of avoiding the spinning attacks and the crouch explosion thing which can be easy to spot when you look for them. Do a couple of runs where you're not trying to win, just watching him. Figure out his timing and attacks, and then do a serious run.

But I spent like an hour trying to beat 18 with him last night and couldn't even with like a Witch, Jean, Shuri team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I just meant literally every WB so far has had a trick separate from their normal counterparts.

Proxima requires physical and Corvus requires Speed, I was wondering what the distinguishing factor for Black Dwarf was (apart from using energy, which is native to his normal mode counterpart)