Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Got 20 cap shards God bless Foxnext.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Away all Goats posted:

How are the other goon groups doing in terms of burnout/participation? I think Goon Registration Act is down to about a 12 active members this week with the rest quitting or just no-showing to raids.

Great Lakes Goon Squad consistently gets in the mid 70s/low 80s in raids and have about... 19 active raiders I think? We’ve only ever once had 24 people in a raid. We haven’t had many burn out issues with the game, which is pretty surprising!

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Marble Hebrons floats between 23 and 24 active members. We’ve 100%ed a few raids but usually end up at like 90%. We hit 60% in every Deadpool raid last week.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Great Lakes Goon Squad has room for two more! We are an active raiding alliance and, if you enjoy the game, we’d love to have you with us! We ask that you actively participate in the raids and special events (like the Deadpool stuff), but we aren’t super concerned about your level or damage output - all of that will come in time, and it’ll happen a lot sooner if we get 24/24 people into the ultimus raids. We have a pretty lively discord group, too, which is nice!

Hot Dog Day #82 fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 14, 2018

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I obviously want all goon alliances to be full and successful but as an overall trend it's nice that some people are burning out. The fewer active players the game gets the quicker their prices might actually become reasonable.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Looks like the "better deals" are going to go to the players just starting out. Go look at the subreddit to see people gnashing their teeth and rending their flesh after finding out that newer players get 100k more gold per day doing the dailies.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
While that's pretty nice, it means it's going to get a lot more competitive for new players starting out. They're really going to have a tough time if they miss a day or two here and there cause 100k is a lot of dosh early on. Missing out on that is going to mean falling behind pretty hard on arena and arena is definitely a rich get richer scenario with the power core rewards increasing sharply at better ranks.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

I wish the deals were consistent, but I don't mind better daily rewards for new players otherwise they would never catch up.

I do wish they would turn xp into something useful for people at the level cap. I've been 60 for like two weeks and that's a ton of wasted rewards.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I would kill for an extra 100k a day. Or to be able to actually unlock characters via moderate whaling.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

We still have several open spots in Goon Registration Act. We are completing 60% of the lvl 50 raid and have been running spicy deadpools to completion.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goon horde—

Is there anybody lurking, posting, playing, whatever that needs a clan at all?

Basically, if you’re solo or in a pub guild, you need to come play with us.

We have one guild that is looking for about 7-8 goons to come in and play. If you’re in a guild that isn’t doing too hot and want to get in and get rewards faster, post here and let us know.

Let’s build a better, stronger community than we already have. We are having a lot of fun.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
At some point we might want to look toward consolidation. SWGoH has been steadily supporting 100 goons for a while now and I wouldn't be surprised if this game ends up being the same, so 4 total guilds.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

We will. It’s just not time yet. We still have a 5 group gang.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
Well I just picked up this to go along with my nasty GoH addiction. RIP my free time and wallet.

Someone invite my overactive rear end to one of the groups. I’m level 30 at the moment. Same name in game. Or tell me who needs me most and I’ll come drop in.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Merc Pay Day is back in a week. Looking good for a monthly recurrence, though two in a row don't necessarily confirm a pattern.

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this
Well they kind of had to bring it back with all the goldgate drama going on in the Reddit.. (for those that don't know , some players get and extra 200k gold through dailys, which has newer players maxxing out rosters way faster then others)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Roach posted:

Well they kind of had to bring it back with all the goldgate drama going on in the Reddit.. (for those that don't know , some players get and extra 200k gold through dailys, which has newer players maxxing out rosters way faster then others)

That doesn't fix the problem though.. I swear its like they want this game to fail.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Yeah the gold thing is honestly pretty rotten. Hasn't really affected my desire to play the game at all, but we're only starting to see the ramifications shake out. If I was concerned about top 100 in the Arena or blitzing till my balls sand off it'd be a much bigger deal.

Somehow I don't see them handing out ~10 million gold to everyone to make up the gap. Future Fight tended to be pretty dang generous with giveaways, here for father's day we get 5 Luke shards. Which isn't nothing, but... well.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Roach posted:

Yeah it's actually REALLY lovely.
Someone crunched the math and as a launch day player, like myself, to see that gold that they are....i need to drop around $300 bucks a month to stay even with them

That's kinda horseshit.
I place in 1-10% in every blitz, around 500 in Arena, daily raider(I clear path 6 in group 3 lvl 50 raid every day, so 100 to 110 energy needed)

I put my grind in...and people 2 weeks in have more 60's then me? Wtf is that poo poo

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Uhhh chalupi, first off, HI!!!

Secondly, are you in a goon group yet because you need to be. I know how you roll.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What players get 200k extra? Is it just random? Are we sure Gaz didn’t change it’s name to Foxnext?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

The AB testing thing has seriously killed my desire to play. I never leave reviews and I gave them a 1 star. Even for a mobile game the communication is atrocious.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Invalid Validation posted:

What players get 200k extra? Is it just random? Are we sure Gaz didn’t change it’s name to Foxnext?

Apparently not every new player gets it either, they just kinda decided to give random new accounts the bonus gold for testing purposes or whatever their excuse was.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Uhhh chalupi, first off, HI!!!

Secondly, are you in a goon group yet because you need to be. I know how you roll.

Long time no see brother!

Not yet, rolling with a irl buddy guild. We are trying to push to the 100% competition on the lvl 50 raids. Coaching newbies, offering advice, talking strategy.
In it to win it

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Catman's Shameful Secret, activity levels are getting bad. We're going to start dropping below guaranteed 60% on 50 raids. We've got a couple hours left in our current raid to get a couple percent. Participation is at 16/22 members.

I'm going to use this raid as a measuring stick for activity levels and start putting boots to asses. There are a lot of active goons looking for a home and we can easily be that home.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

There needs to be one merge. I can guarantee that’s a thing that needs to happen. There are 2 other guilds looking to do the same thing you just said.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
According to what was said in the recruitment discord chat this is what we look like right now:

I am Goon: 24 members, raids 22/24

Great Lakes Goon Squad: 22 members, raids 21/24

Cartmens Shameful Secret: 17 members, raids 16/24

Goon Registration Act: 16 active members

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Update incoming soon! Adding Ant Man and Wasp and making a lot of other changes.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

loving wasp.

Love me Pymlet though.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

New Leaf posted:

Update incoming soon! Adding Ant Man and Wasp and making a lot of other changes.

game permanently alive thanks to captainhankpym. rip his bank account.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Captainhankpym is gonna gently caress 1,000 women* tonight to celebrate this monumental moment.

*Wasps

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ya, you guys should consolidate. With most launch players being 60, you should be looking at 100% daily. Even getting closer to 20h is not a crazy goal.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So I have to ask as I got a great laugh out of this:

What’s the most an enemy revived on you?

Just 10 minutes ago in the raid, I was on an Ultron raid node and he revived 6 times on me. It felt endless.

Matter of fact, I thought the game was bugged and thought I was in an endless loop. My fate was decided.

Yes, I was scared. Please leave me alone.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

It looks like Ant Man and Wasp will be an event? I'm guessing it'll be just like Deadpool then? Play through a mini campaign and then do a themed raid. Maybe Wasp will be a Blitz during the event like Cable was.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So I have to ask as I got a great laugh out of this:

What’s the most an enemy revived on you?

Just 10 minutes ago in the raid, I was on an Ultron raid node and he revived 6 times on me. It felt endless.

Matter of fact, I thought the game was bugged and thought I was in an endless loop. My fate was decided.

Yes, I was scared. Please leave me alone.

I think 4 or 5 is the most I've seen an AI revive.

Whenever my hero triggers a revive they get one-hit right away and it's never more than once.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'd like if revive chances were higher, but they didn't get turn meter between dying and being revived.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 22, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Somebody switch over to Marble Hebrons. That way I don’t have to force docmags to join us.

I have one spot open.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Khasino summed up what he learned on his visit to FoxNext on stream (https://www.twitch.tv/khasino).

• They're reworking the raids to be 6-7 starting lanes instead of 8.
  • The Rocket event is getting modified a bit and will ideally be back within the next 3 months.
  • Preset Blitz teams are on FoxNext's radar and are a thing they're discussing internally.
  • Antman and Wasp will be given out through a new method, not a raid.
  • Loki, Groot, and Starlord will come out before Ultron or Red Skull. Ultron and Red Skull's kits need to be reworked.
  • They know speed-ups/slowdowns are dominant in the current meta and they're looking at it.
  • They also asked him how much advance notice would be appropriate if they did make a change and he told them at least a week.
  • He and mobilegamer told them their offers suck and please give better ones because people want to spend money on the game. They accepted the criticism nonchalantly without any indication that things would change.
  • He thinks the meta will be changing in a way that will make Jessica Jones and Vision more relevant, but he's not 100% sure and he can't even explain why.
  • He also said to hoard all your gold and purple mats for a reason he can't reveal, and even if you started saving right now you probably still won't have enough for whatever he's talking about.

sakeyake fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 23, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
He also said to hoard all your gold 

Oh that thing that players can do because the game doesn't demand a poo poo ton for activities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

"Make sure to hoard that thing you need for everything and also we don't give you enough of to hoard"

• Locked thread