Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I voted for Red Dead, but you really can't go wrong with pretty much of them really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

spudsbuckley posted:

I'm glad i don't have whatever hosed up brain illness a bunch of people on here seem to have that makes them read a bunch of pointless poo poo into stupid loving video games.
thinking is what makes you a human

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Samuringa posted:

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/1009189350037286914

Yes, it is a Compile Heart game, how did you guess?

that's real fuckin weird imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

spudsbuckley posted:

Play videogames and enjoy them and if you aren't enjoying them then stop playing them and play something else.

That's literally all you need to do.

Read forum threads and enjoy them and if you aren't enjoying them then stop reading them and read something else.

That's literally all you need to do

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

spudsbuckley posted:

Play videogames and enjoy them and if you aren't enjoying them then stop playing them and play something else.

Sorry but that’s pretty brokebrained

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

spudsbuckley posted:

You, uh, you don't enjoy art, do you? Modern art is all just shapes and people being wacky? Your favorite music is whatever plays on top 40 radio?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

It's cool that you only engage with things on a surface level, but some people want to go further than that. :shrug:

Hell, you're posting on a forum for talking about video games.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Now I'm too stupid for art and film and books and music, but it's still worthwhile to try to engage the old thinkin meat from time to time.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Poops Mcgoots posted:

It's cool that you only engage with things on a surface level, but some people want to go further than that. :shrug:

Hell, you're posting on a forum for talking about video games.

Yeah, some people like to get worked up about 5 minutes of "gay panic" in an 80+ hour game like Persona 5 that most normal people won't even notice because it is so harmless.

Some people also like to think that the creators of Horizon hate men because women do things in the game.

Hell, people even convince themselves that Nier:automata is worth trudging through for its Philosophy 101 storyline.

What's everyone's theories on Tetris?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The upper classes can suppress an uprising of the masses by putting the right people in the right places at the right times. If the uprising is to succeed it needs to leave no openings for an individual to have broad influence over the collective.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

chumbler posted:

The upper classes can suppress an uprising of the masses by putting the right people in the right places at the right times. If the uprising is to succeed it needs to leave no openings for an individual to have broad influence over the collective.

If we can get everyone in line then we can just make them disappear and this will be seen as a positive thing!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

spudsbuckley posted:

Yeah, some people like to get worked up about 5 minutes of "gay panic" in an 80+ hour game like Persona 5 that most normal people won't even notice because it is so harmless.

Some people also like to think that the creators of Horizon hate men because women do things in the game.

Hell, people even convince themselves that Nier:automata is worth trudging through for its Philosophy 101 storyline.

What's everyone's theories on Tetris?

🤔

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can't imagine why LGBT people would be unhappy that their only representation in an 80+ hour long JRPG like Persona 5 is a couple of guys creeping on an underage boy.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Videogames are a land of contrasts

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

spudsbuckley posted:

consuming media without critically evaluating it is what children do and leads to societal degeneration

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Roth posted:

I can't imagine why LGBT people would be unhappy that their only representation in an 80+ hour long JRPG like Persona 5 is a couple of guys creeping on an underage boy.

I'd hope that they weren't so thin skinned that it would bother them in the slightest.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

I'd hope that they weren't so thin skinned that it would bother them in the slightest.

You're a dumbass!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

spudsbuckley posted:

this isn't a good post imo

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spudsbuckley posted:

Please stop posting and rethink your life

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

all those gays have to do is grow a thicker skin, yeah yeah good stuff

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

spudsbuckley posted:

- Bland straight gamer dude

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

*sensibly* maybe you think people shouldnt unabashedly enjoy birth of a nation because of its "message" or its "history" or because its "racist" but i guess im just more mature than you

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the bible posted:

consuming media without critically evaluating it is what children do and leads to societal degeneration

I am telling people to critically evaluate it.

If it's poo poo stop playing it, if it's good keep playing it.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Roth posted:

It's pathetic that you think you have to be something other than a straight male to be interesting.

You people are all loving nuts. What happened to America?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
"critical evaluation" in this case meaning look for the glowing spot that shows its critical weakness

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lol shut the gently caress up

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

spudsbuckley posted:

It's pathetic that you think you have to be something other than a straight male to be interesting.

You people are all loving nuts. What happened to America?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

can i be the funky straight gamer dude

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It depends on your Beatmania skills

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Only when playing as Funky Kong, and at no other time.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Playing Video Games Real

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

alf_pogs posted:

Raiden! Turn the game console off right now!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

chumbler posted:

Only when playing as Funky Kong, and at no other time.

but funky kong isn't playable, and

oh........

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bus Simulator 18 has gay and lesbian couples in the story and as background dialogue but I haven’t encountered/overheard a straight couple yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

New blazblue cross tag battle characters today everybody.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Nice troll, but you have up the game too quickly 7/10

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

In Training posted:

New blazblue cross tag battle characters today everybody.

All the stars are here! Yang! Carmine! Hakumen! Noel!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm pretty sure Funky Kong is cultural appropriation somehow so I'm off to write an essay on how you should all feel ashamed because you know that he exists and it is definitely something that should matter in your life.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

alf_pogs posted:

Plato's Allegory of the Cave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
:911: :911: :911: :911: