Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ConfusedUs posted:

Isn’t that just epic? And if not just toss in a different 20 point ship.

And yeah. 22 points, or 20 with refit.

I'm pretty sure it's all formats.

22 points with an EPT is so bizarre to me. You can't fit any astros and still run five, or any EPTs really worth using and still run five. The number of EPTs worth taking at PS1 in a 4-ship list is... low.

Adaptability to get to PS0 maybe? I don't know if there's any hilarity to be had with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Strobe posted:

I'm pretty sure it's all formats.

22 points with an EPT is so bizarre to me. You can't fit any astros and still run five, or any EPTs really worth using and still run five. The number of EPTs worth taking at PS1 in a 4-ship list is... low.

Adaptability to get to PS0 maybe? I don't know if there's any hilarity to be had with that.

Renegade refit reduces all epts by 1 point too. So they can take crack shot or other 1 point epts too

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Will all of yall be switching to 2.0 the second it comes out? Or is it expected for 1.0 to live on for a fair bit of time?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

flightless greeb posted:

Will all of yall be switching to 2.0 the second it comes out? Or is it expected for 1.0 to live on for a fair bit of time?

Someone in our local group wrote a "1.5 ruleset" that has elements of 2E using 1E components. They're even using that ruleset for out annual ~100 player championship tournament that feeds into a bracketed final.

I'm so over 1E that I haven't played since 2E was announced. Everyone else here is the same. 1E is going to be completely dead here probably the same day that 2.0 is released.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I hadn't played for a long time before 2.0 was announced, so I can't imagine I would play any 1e after 2.0 comes out.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

As far as I'm concerned, 1.0 is already dead and buried. 2.0 will be the celebration of its demise.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'm 100% all in for 2e. 1e is great but it's also a loving dumpster fire that needs to die.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
The only real 1.0 I'll be playing is the finale of our scum HOTAC while we figure out how to HOTAC 2.0

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I'm gettin my last 1.0 games in now with my lovely Dash + B-wing list for our summer league and then I'm whole hog on 2.0.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
A lot of local players haven’t really played because of the announcement. I’m running a HotAC campaign but I know that once available, we are going to use any 2E components that come in, especially the X-Wing and U-Wing.

After 14 waves and a multitude of changes, I can’t really say I want to play X-Wing 1E anymore. It was getting frustrating running into every meta list under the sun with sloppy timing charts and trying to keep track of errata changes. I don’t plan on keeping any 1E stuff except for the alt-art stuff which I plan on framing.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

This is the summer of jank, my friends. Sing that sweet swan song by flying 40-point B-Wings, Starviper swarms, and Imperial Assholes.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

This is the summer of jank, my friends. Sing that sweet swan song by flying 40-point B-Wings, Starviper swarms, and Imperial Assholes.

:bisonyes:

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Playing 1.0 now feels like practicing the violin as the Titantic sinks and there are no lifeboats left.

There's a store championship in 2 weeks here. Since I rarely play Rebels, I'll probably do a Rebel Nym with something else simply because I will not ever be able to once 2.0 comes out and I have never flown Rebel Nym. Otherwise, yeah, it's jank as far as the eye can see.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

enigmahfc posted:

Playing 1.0 now feels like practicing the violin as the Titantic sinks and there are no lifeboats left.

There's a store championship in 2 weeks here. Since I rarely play Rebels, I'll probably do a Rebel Nym with something else simply because I will not ever be able to once 2.0 comes out and I have never flown Rebel Nym. Otherwise, yeah, it's jank as far as the eye can see.

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=...20Squadron&obs=

ALL THE BOMBS

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

enigmahfc posted:

Pretty much same. I'm in deep with the game but lost enthusiasm around wave 12/13 when it was too hard to ignore the constricted design space and power discrepancies that weren't getting addressed. I was convinced 2.0 was never going to actually happen, so the announcement was a massive deal and has me incredibly excited. I'm more than happy to buy some upgrade kits and throw a giant pile of 1.0 cardboard into a storage box, and will probably hit up one or two convenient and relatively local store champs in the next few months just using lists I think are fun without giving a gently caress about the metagame.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Bombs and Harpoons had pretty much already killed 1.0 for me, 2.0 can't come soon enough. They should do worldwide release for Gencon.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I have not played in a good while, and I have zero desire to play until 2.0 hits. X-wing is dead, long live X-wing.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

The only real 1.0 I'll be playing is the finale of our scum HOTAC while we figure out how to HOTAC 2.0

HOTAC 2.0 sounds like a potential nightmare to figure out the AI for, what with chain actions and such.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

I am thinking this just to be a dick

just bombs (100)
Warden Squadron Pilot — K-Wing 23
Extra Munitions 2
Sabine Wren 2
Seismic Charges 2
Seismic Charges 2
Ship Total: 31

Warden Squadron Pilot — K-Wing 23
Extra Munitions 2
Bombardier 1
Cluster Mines 4
Ion Bombs 2
Ship Total: 32

Captain Nym (Rebel) — Scurrg H-6 Bomber 30
Veteran Instincts 1
Autoblaster Turret 2
Bomblet Generator 3
Trajectory Simulator 1
"Genius" 0
Havoc 0
Ship Total: 37

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Oops, All Bombs

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Haven't played in a while and if I got back into it I would probably use vassal more anyway. With 2.0 coming, do people still buy used 1.0 miniatures or are they practically worthless now that you have to get conversion kits or whatever for em?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

mellowjournalism posted:

Haven't played in a while and if I got back into it I would probably use vassal more anyway. With 2.0 coming, do people still buy used 1.0 miniatures or are they practically worthless now that you have to get conversion kits or whatever for em?

The minis still have value BECAUSE of the conversion kits.

It's a great time to buy a bunch of minis. You can get a whole faction for cheap, then buy a kit and have every 2.0 ship in the game.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Actually I'm selling my minis lol. So I was wondering if maybe this is the worst time to do that, and it could get better, or if it'll just go downhill from here. It doesn't really matter but it would be nice to sell em for more than chickenfeed

edit: I guess I'm also saying if they go for nothing I might as well hook you guys up with my old crap

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

mellowjournalism posted:

Actually I'm selling my minis lol. So I was wondering if maybe this is the worst time to do that, and it could get better, or if it'll just go downhill from here. It doesn't really matter but it would be nice to sell em for more than chickenfeed

edit: I guess I'm also saying if they go for nothing I might as well hook you guys up with my old crap

Nah this is a pretty good time to sell.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm going to guess that it's a limited market and demand is just going to go down from here as all the rabid people fill up their collections.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Hrmm alright well I hate ebay and am pretty lazy. The idea of individually pricing/shipping these things out sounds like a nightmare so do y'all have any guidelines? Is anyone in here interested? Obviously I will post a thread in SA mart for any actual transactions but before I even do that I'm just curious what is a reasonable amount to ask/expect.

I've got:
-Decimator
-Millenium Falcon
-Slave I
-Lambda shuttle
-Starviper
-Rebel Aces (1 B-wing 1 A-wing)
-Imperial Aces (2 TIE interceptors) *one has a broken wing*
-Z95 Headhunter
-B-wing
-Y-wing
-TIE Bomber
-TIE Phantom
-(3) TIE Advanced'sz
-(4) TIE Interceptors
-(4) X-wings
-(10) TIE Fighters

-a neato dicebag
-some push the limit cards with interceptors on em
-a million card sleeves
-all the crap from 2 original core sets

(Are only the minis are worth anything now? If the cards/doodads are dead should I even bother listing by expansion?)

I have absolutely no clue how to price this. I usually just look at amazon and cut from there but then I see minis going for totally weird and crazy prices and then random ones go on sale momentarily at hobby shops that make the amazon prices look stratospheric.

Please goons just fleece me already I need a clean apartment

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Man, you'd make so little off that lot that if I were you I'd just find some cool kid at your FLGS watching in awe near an X-Wing table and be like "don't get cocky" as you handed him/her a bag of plastic spaceships.

At least, that's what I plan on doing if I ever hard exit the game due to running out of closet space or some poo poo.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Lol alright that's pretty much what I needed to hear. That said I do not go to game stores so if a goon wants this crap before I manage to drag my rear end over to one, PM me and I'll write up an SA Mart post.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

mellowjournalism posted:

Lol alright that's pretty much what I needed to hear. That said I do not go to game stores so if a goon wants this crap before I manage to drag my rear end over to one, PM me and I'll write up an SA Mart post.

Having sold quite a few large collections through my store's eBay page in the past, you should have some moderate success selling it all together in one lot for roughly half the MSRP of everything combined.

Going over your list, that's roughly $335.

Granted that was before the 2.0 announcement, so maybe tank it to $250 or something to account for the necessity in buying conversion kits for 2.0. Or don't, since I still think it's worth at least $300.

Alternatively, bring it to a FLGS that does used game sales and trade it in. I'd say you should expect to get $75-$100 cash, maybe $150-$175 store credit wherever you trade it in, if you'd rather not be bothered to do the eBaying, shipping, etc. yourself.

Baron Fuzzlewhack fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 20, 2018

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Huh-- well that is more than I expected and basically right on the laziness line so I guess I will throw it up on ebay. Especially because

AndyElusive posted:

some cool kid at your FLGS watching in awe near an X-Wing table and be like "don't get cocky" as you handed him/her a bag of plastic spaceships
would probably blink and ask me if rey said that

Goons who have PMed me about individual ships: sorry but the whole thing is that I am too lazy to part this crap out. If I sell one ship that leaves me with fifty million. If I sell two that leaves me with fifty million. If you buy all fifty million ships, I will probably take far less than 1/3rd MSRP for them.

Also thanks for all the input!

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Seems that many of the 2.0 cards in Saws Renegades have pretty big errors. Advanced Sensors allow you to take additional actions for instance. I guess the first release needs some extensive errata. Also, there are no quickplay cards included. Was looking forward to testing 2.0 based on those. Now we’ll just have to figure out a couple of even squads by trial and error. Which isn’t too bad. The first batch of cards being wrong kind of sucks though.

Source: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/278039-so-we-need-errata-already/

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

uncle blog posted:

Seems that many of the 2.0 cards in Saws Renegades have pretty big errors. Advanced Sensors allow you to take additional actions for instance. I guess the first release needs some extensive errata. Also, there are no quickplay cards included. Was looking forward to testing 2.0 based on those. Now we’ll just have to figure out a couple of even squads by trial and error. Which isn’t too bad. The first batch of cards being wrong kind of sucks though.

Source: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/278039-so-we-need-errata-already/

Well, as they noted in that thread, I would think these had to be rushed through the printing process to even be included in this expansion. At worst, you can just use the advanced sensors from the conversion kit, or print out a proxy to use over the real card, which is something I did all the time with errata'd cards. I mean, it sucks, but it doesn't ruin the expansion for me because I just want those alt art models and moving s-foils :swoon:

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Yeah, as long as we get enough of the affected cards in the conversion kits it won’t really be an issue.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

uncle blog posted:

Lmao

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

uncle blog posted:

This is the first thing about 2.0 that has disappointed me.

Finster Dexter posted:

Well, as they noted in that thread, I would think these had to be rushed through the printing process to even be included in this expansion. At worst, you can just use the advanced sensors from the conversion kit, or print out a proxy to use over the real card, which is something I did all the time with errata'd cards. I mean, it sucks, but it doesn't ruin the expansion for me because I just want those alt art models and moving s-foils :swoon:

Yeah, this just reeks of interference from Marketing or Finance departments demanding to include 2.0 stuff despite it not being done.

The new templating we see from the conversion kits is so much better. I'm sure they would have included those if they'd been ready at the time.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Makes me wonder if the conv kits will include a baggie with reaper and renegade reprint cards.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TheCenturion posted:

Makes me wonder if the conv kits will include a baggie with reaper and renegade reprint cards.

I highly doubt it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

:dice:

but :ffg:

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

We've really needed one of these for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
ConfusedUs, post some good/dumb Rebel or Scum lists that I can fly tonight and not hate myself (no/few bombs or poons).