Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Serenade posted:

I’m sure that defense will work on the inevitable Salmonid Tribunal

put me in a rickety cage, surely i wont just phase through the bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dizz posted:

put me in a rickety cage, surely i wont just phase through the bars.

suspended over an inch-deep puddle

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I will never not be amused by Splatoon having actually kind of serious lore. Nintendo makes a game about kids who are also squids who compete by covering arenas in colorful ink with various water guns and giant painting implements, then proceeds to write a surprisingly serious backstory for the setting full of war, interspecies conflict, racism, and secret special forces missions that saved Inkopolis but were doomed to be forgotten by history, Ramza-from-FFT-style.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am just impressed at how well Splatoon integrates with all their classic franchises and feels like a real organic fit while opening up a genre previously not associated with them.

Shame they couldn't strike gold twice with ARMS

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US/AU/NZ Pulp vs. No-Pulp @ June 22nd 21:00 PT / June 23rd 00:00 ET / June 23rd 14:00 AET
  • EU Pulp vs. No-Pulp @ June 23rd 16:00 CET
All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Trust your instincts: Fruit pulp is good. Unless you're messed up inside.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/bownszeldapics/status/1009203004090695681?s=21

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am just impressed at how well Splatoon integrates with all their classic franchises and feels like a real organic fit while opening up a genre previously not associated with them.

Shame they couldn't strike gold twice with ARMS

You mean it's a shame ARMS didn't have legs?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh my god

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Guy Goodbody posted:

You mean it's a shame ARMS didn't have legs?

Holy poo poo. :vince:

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

How would they even know. No orange juice in the underground :colbert:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Scary thing is Pearl might actually be one of the smarter Inklings.

Also implied that Octoweapons are wounded Octarians loaded into superweapons like Space Marine Dreadnoughts.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Waffleman_/status/1009236018220814336

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
You guys, I've made an amazing discovery and the world must know;

https://twitter.com/fedule/status/1009233582609584129

How long has this been in the game?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/AnAnimeGiraffe/status/1009164828903137281

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really hope they come out with a third Octoling hairstyle soon

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/SplatoonNews/status/1009245873841242112

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Fedule posted:

You guys, I've made an amazing discovery and the world must know;

https://twitter.com/fedule/status/1009233582609584129

How long has this been in the game?

That's not an Easter Egg. Whenever Grizz says "nice haul", it just means someone in the room wasn't at the Profreshional rank.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Dr. Fetus posted:

That's not an Easter Egg. Whenever Grizz says "nice haul", it just means someone in the room wasn't at the Profreshional rank.

Stop ruining my fun with your "perfectly rational explanations"

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I just finished the story in Octo Expansion and that was very cool. Marina's ms paint skills are extremely good :kimchi:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Some more music, not from Smash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE1B70zoVk8

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm glad Callie has a new remix. They know she's the best and it shows. :3:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I am mostly enjoying the Octo expansion but I got to a Rainmaker level and I'm not sure who designed it but they must be pretty evil. "Okay so it's a level with the Rainmaker but three Octolings hide by the goal and when you get close all activate their specials at once and slaughter the player. People are gonna love it!"

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Yeeeah idk what they expect you to do there since rainmaker isn't a very offensive weapon especially when you don't have a map or really any idea where the octolings might be hiding.

I just made a beeline for the goal and hoped for the best.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

I am mostly enjoying the Octo expansion but I got to a Rainmaker level and I'm not sure who designed it but they must be pretty evil. "Okay so it's a level with the Rainmaker but three Octolings hide by the goal and when you get close all activate their specials at once and slaughter the player. People are gonna love it!"

Your gun is way bigger than theirs and they're not very good at dodging your shots :killing:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

https://twitter.com/PunchTheBrain/status/1009264351776145408

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

You're a loving indecisive coward

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
Pro tip: motion aiming doesn’t work for poo poo during the “driving around” or “rough air” parts of airplane rides.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Saw this edit on tumblr.

Agent 8, after defeating the bonus boss, revises her mem cake:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

I see your trip and raise a quad.

https://twitter.com/eikoandmog/status/1009213294979178496?s=19

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
I love how in Splatoon you’re always focused on the game so it always takes a while to register that you just did something awesome, and it always shows in these videos.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
no pulp is just sunny d

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

At a guess, the theme for the Octoling victory and defeat animations is less the jubiliation and/or smug bragging and tantrums or sulking of Inklings, but more 'I'm too cool for this'. Definitely nailing the attitude of being more mature than the Inklings, but not by much.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
i love to drink pulp over smooth, just like how I love to chug mud instead of fresh water.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LPG Giant posted:

I love how in Splatoon you’re always focused on the game so it always takes a while to register that you just did something awesome, and it always shows in these videos.

For me it was "poo poo, I gotta get a clip! No, that's the wrong button, it's on the other joycon!"

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Mine was legit "Wait, that was a team wipe. Better woomy and clip that."

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

MohShuvuu posted:

no pulp is just sunny d

what's it like being born without functioning tastebuds

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I had a very rough night in mulitplayer last night so I played some Octo Canyon instead. I wasn't really into it at first but now that I have more than just the starter weapon and missions more complex than the tutorials are showing up it's a pretty fun time. I am very bad at fighting NPC Octolings it turns out, though that might be because I was aiming like poo poo (remember: you don't need to use the right stick for small aiming corrections!) and also because I did the first mission with Octolings before I did the one that gave me my good friends the Dualies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

NPC Octolings are a bit jarring because they don't act like players, though I find between your increased durability in single player and their poor reactions, rushing them usually works.

Apparently, Marina is 18 and Pearl is 21. Whoa, dwarf squid. At least this means they can get married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Do Inklings and Octolings have similar lifespans and aging as humans?

I'm asking because I'm pretty sure there's actually an answer to this because this game has surprisingly detailed lore