Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

he didn't get off real light either: he lost two stripes and probably will never get promoted again, (a loss of about $280 / month), he lost 2/3 of a month's pay (~$1250), got confined in the brig for a month, and will have a lovely discharge when he gets to it (probably less than honorable if not bad conduct), which can poo poo on any vets benefits like help with higher education. Also notice that the charges are fairly innocuous and could have been much worse: "failing to obey an order or regulation" and "making a false official statement".

Oh boo hoo. I've lost a month's pay and rank because I got really drunk for a week and slept through a few formations. The UCMJ leaves so much up to commander attitude and intent that he got the equivalent of the minimum. His punishment was harsher than mine, but not appropriately so. Not enough. Oh no a $300/month pay cut when housing and food are provided to you, and a $1300 slap on the wrist. Guarantee you that if he gets a general or OTH he'll be able to appeal it after discharge.

It's the military, though. That's how they work. It's separate and not really comparable to standard sentencing because :911:

Former DILF posted:

the shad is on the world, for having to suffer whatever the USA may do with its overwhelming firepower in these coming years

Pretty much this.

Queen_Combat has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Jun 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Also notice that the charges are fairly innocuous and could have been much worse: "failing to obey an order or regulation" and "making a false official statement".

Uh, that’s part of the problem.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Good for her. I had this happen to me on 10W, from Florida to Louisiana. The stretch I was on has these huge grass dividers between east-bound and west-bound. They curve way down, and are pretty deep and steep on both sides. I was speeding (don't remember by how much, but I was driving an Impala SS that somehow made it into the "full-sized" cars; I wasn't going 100 or anything), and, whoosh, I see a cop shoot past on the other side of the median. I look in my rear-view, and, sure enough, he dives into the divider to U-turn and come get me. Instead, his car fishtails all over the place in the muddy grass, slides sideways, and comes to rest half-way up my side of the divider. It looked like his tires were buried, but I didn't slow down to look.

Edit: Possibly the only time I've ever been truly lucky in my life. It owned, and I cherish it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

How many of these guys work for ice now?

My bets are on all of them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The world's greatest lawyer just went and said the demands to end the Mueller investigation were actually just empty bluffs by Trump, promptly taking the steam out of his own side.

It's really just a countdown to the day that Giuliani implicates Trump in an assassination during an interview.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Part-time DHS Secretary and Full-time heartless ghoul gets ran out of a Mexican restaurant
https://twitter.com/SmashRacismDC/status/1009234229899792385

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good, that speech she gave in front of the National Sheriffs Association made my loving skin crawl. What an evil rear end in a top hat.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/MW_Unrest/status/1008962120619356160

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Also, while I'm still here, have some prime grade Michael Cohen 'freude.
https://twitter.com/LevineJonathan/status/1008013045321424897?s=19

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1009201248963264512?s=19

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1009187979980656641?s=19

Grain of salt on that last one but everything else is :discourse:

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Please spit in it daddy?

quote:

When a man in Queens, New York celebrated Father's Day at Bohemian Hall and Beer Garden with his daughter and granddaughter, he asked for mayo and carmamel onions on his burger. But there was an extra ingredient he didn't ask for that appeared on his bill: spit.

Curtis Mays said the waitress had been nice, so didn't see it coming when he received his bill that told the chef, in red bold letters, "PLEASE SPIT IN IT TOO."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JrdFoYCCQg

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I see "well done" on there so spitting in his food seems kinda redundant

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PetraCore posted:

I feel bad for the stripper.

EDIT: But on second watch she didn't take as hard a tumble as I thought she did, she managed that fall super well.

I'd be pissed if I was that stripper and the bouncers didn't apprehend someone who attacked me just because she's a woman.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Fallom posted:

I see "well done" on there so spitting in his food seems kinda redundant

A cheeseburger is ground beef tho

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Are you even able to make such detailed custom requests as a waitress?

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

chitoryu12 posted:

It would already be setup in the system as an add-on

I bet it was because he wanted mayo on a burger

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

With a lot of orders being made on tablets nowadays, probably?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

chitoryu12 posted:

No different from a detailed request coming from a customer, which to the chef/bartender's knowledge, is exactly what that was.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Schubalts posted:

No different from a detailed request coming from a customer, which to the chef/bartender's knowledge, is exactly what that was.

I just figured all of the potential changes (like removing items) would be in the POS system as pre-made options, rather than actually being typed in by the waitress.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

chitoryu12 posted:

I just figured all of the potential changes (like removing items) would be in the POS system as pre-made options, rather than actually being typed in by the waitress.

Yes, this is accurate.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
It depends on the POS system. Last restaurant I worked at was in the 90s but even then a couple of them had systems where you could type in arbitrary orders if you were willing to take the time. Clumsy as poo poo though.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

chitoryu12 posted:

yeah most POS systems allow you to add notes to a ticket

this is almost certainly a joke note. i dunno how many times i've sent a ticket to the line that said

-MED RARE
-HOLD ONIONS
-XTRA MAYO
-CHINGA TU MADRE PUTA

except you are definitely not supposed to let the customer get the joke tickets

chitoryu12 posted:

there are prefab buttons for most things but if a customer wants you to flip the food upside down and spank it before serving it then, well, thats what notes are for

also if you really, really wanted to gently caress with a customers food you'd just go back there and tell the cook instead of leaving a paper trail. or just spit in it yourself, no witnesses

i only ever saw food get hosed like this with twice in my career and both times the customer was being a huge bastard who definitely deserved it

boner confessor has a new favorite as of 06:56 on Jun 20, 2018

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i used to hang out at this one bar with my buddy all the time. we had the same waitress too, she was flirty, too flirty, but neither of us were really into her so it never progressed. i guess she got mad about it because one day we go to settle the tab and the guest name on the ticket is "homobros"

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

boner confessor posted:

i used to hang out at this one bar with my buddy all the time. we had the same waitress too, she was flirty, too flirty, but neither of us were really into her so it never progressed. i guess she got mad about it because one day we go to settle the tab and the guest name on the ticket is "homobros"

lomarf

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

she got real apologetic and tearful when we angrily demanded to speak to the manager and when the manager showed up we were like "ah she's so nice, she always takes good care of us, she does a great job"

i'll never forget the look on her face. sort of a forced grimace that was a mix of "oh thank god" and "you loving pricks"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
A rare case of distributed Schad.

Im schaded by the fact she didnt go with Bromos

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Araenna posted:

I'd be pissed if I was that stripper and the bouncers didn't apprehend someone who attacked me just because she's a woman.
Yeah, the cheater deserved to be caught but the stripper was just doing her job, it's super unfair and lovely to attack her for it even if it's just to hard shove her out of the way. If she hadn't managed to grab the dude by the neck and take some momentum out of her fall it could have been pretty nasty, and as it was it had to be frightening as hell.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

The world's greatest lawyer just went and said the demands to end the Mueller investigation were actually just empty bluffs by Trump, promptly taking the steam out of his own side.

It's really just a countdown to the day that Giuliani implicates Trump in an assassination during an interview.

It's like he's had a micro-stroke that's destroyed the part of the brain that tells you other people can hear you when you say stuff out loud.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Valve just disabled their marketplace for Counter-Strike: Source and Dota 2 in the Netherlands, to comply with the request from the local gambling authority: https://prnt.sc/jwzpl9
So you can still spend money on keys and crates, you can just no longer trade or buy anything from the Steam marketplace. So best enjoy the bounty you have accumulated at this point, because it is now yours to keep forever!

Note that it is their interpretation of a deadline, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Kansspelautoriteit says that it is not good enough and forces them to axe keys and crates as well. At least they'll be somewhat prepared when the Belgium gambling commission comes out with a deadline (although that will just effect CS, somehow they ignored Dota 2).

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/94AOVYM.gifv

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

PetraCore posted:

Yeah, the cheater deserved to be caught but the stripper was just doing her job, it's super unfair and lovely to attack her for it even if it's just to hard shove her out of the way. If she hadn't managed to grab the dude by the neck and take some momentum out of her fall it could have been pretty nasty, and as it was it had to be frightening as hell.

Wait, cheater? He's a cheater for getting a lap dance?

Did I just take some low hanging bait?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rim shot!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/hRvj2nu.gifv

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

youknowthatoneguy posted:

Wait, cheater? He's a cheater for getting a lap dance?

Did I just take some low hanging bait?

I mean if all we have to go on is the gif then it's not clear what the situation is but...

...yeah, maybe. It really depends on the relationship. I think an awful lot of people would put "lets a naked chick grind her cooze on you" in the "cheating" bucket.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

:gonk:

I wonder if she still has all her teeth.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Why does a futon delivery man need to get on the roof?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

walrusman posted:

What does God need with a starship?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

walrusman posted:

DandyLion posted:

What does God need with a starship?

I laughed so hard at this. Thank you :)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/boeNAiP.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PetraCore posted:

I feel bad for the stripper.

EDIT: But on second watch she didn't take as hard a tumble as I thought she did, she managed that fall super well.
Going down well is an important skill in that line of work.