Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
sometime last month after the DJ to the Raiders move I was surfing Twitter to see how Chiefs/Raiders fans were reacting, and I started looking through some Raiders beat writers mentions (I think Vic Tafur but maybe someone else) and I saw a Twitter handle called "warcrimes" and clicked on it and the bio read something like "I dont give a gently caress about your feelings" and the timeline was all either raiders or MAGA chud retweets

I got a good chuckle out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Do not doxx me

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

warcrimes posted:

Yeah, let me clarify a bit. That group has the largest potential to both boom and bust. Jarvis is the only sure thing. I also love Njoku's potential.

Never called him brilliant but he did a great job setting everything up to this point. Rebuilds can get hosed up.

See: Jags rebuilding for like a loving decade.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Put money on Jon Gruden and win a fuckload when it comes out that he sexually assaulted young QBs in his Gruden Grindr.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
*Tim Tebow sits awkwardly on a black leather couch, legs crossed to hide his genitals*
"So Tim, I really like you, you've got the look of an NFL QB. But, before I send your tape to real scouts, I need to see how much you really want this job."

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I knew things were not right when there was an NFL Films section on Brazzers…

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

warcrimes posted:

Yeah, let me clarify a bit. That group has the largest potential to both boom and bust. Jarvis is the only sure thing. I also love Njoku's potential.

I'm of the firm opinion that Josh Gordon is a sure thing, and I sort of count Duke Johnson as a sure thing as well. Combine that with Njoku's potential, and the only questions are can Coleman stay healthy, which as a #3 receiver doesn't matter as much as it used to and will Calloway pan out/stay out of trouble which if he does then Coleman's glass hands matter even less.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Flikken posted:

I'm of the firm opinion that Josh Gordon is a sure thing, and I sort of count Duke Johnson as a sure thing as well. Combine that with Njoku's potential, and the only questions are can Coleman stay healthy, which as a #3 receiver doesn't matter as much as it used to and will Calloway pan out/stay out of trouble which if he does then Coleman's glass hands matter even less.

I'm not saying they're trash but there are questions but this also could be the best WR group the Browns have had in our lifetime. Johnson, Hyde and Chubb might instantly be the best RB trio in the league. Tackle is the only other concern, not a large one, though.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Flikken posted:

C'mon, 17, baby needs a new pair of shoes.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Honestly everyone should join WC and I in being Browns fans this year.

It’s like a Madden offseason. Who wouldn’t love that!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
If the Redskins fire Jay Gruden the Cowboys should immediately fire Jason Garrett through the roof opening at Cowboys Stadium and give Gruden 101 million over 10 years

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chichevache posted:

*Tim Tebow sits awkwardly on a black leather couch, legs crossed to hide his genitals*
"So Tim, I really like you, you've got the look of an NFL QB. But, before I send your tape to real scouts, I need to see how much you really want this job."
lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

If the Redskins fire Jay Gruden the Cowboys should immediately fire Jason Garrett through the roof opening at Cowboys Stadium and give Gruden 101 million over 10 years

People bring up Marvin Lewis a lot as far as lifetime coaching jobs go, but I still think Jason Garrett tops the job security list. Jerry just loves him and Stephen likes him well enough to keep him around.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i think the difference is no one would be surprised if Jerry just up and fired Garrett on a whim. meanwhile Paul Brown is far too cheap to pay a buyout on Marvin and even without winning a playoff game, this is the longest sustained relevance the team has ever had. Marvin’s done when he chooses to be done.

now he’ll probably be fired 2 games in

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

ESPN Bills reporter Mike Rodak believes 2016 first-round DE Shaq Lawson is "competing for a rotational role, if not for his 53-man roster spot entirely" this summer.

Rodak thinks the team could try and trade Lawson ahead of Week 1, especially once free agent pickup Trent Murphy (knee) is back to 100 percent opposite Jerry Hughes. Buffalo also has Eddie Yarbrough, Terrence Fede, and Owa Odighizuwa as rotational pieces. Lawson, the No. 19 overall pick by ex-coach Rex Ryan, has just six sacks across 21 career appearances.

Pencil him in for ten sacks with the patriots this year.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FizFashizzle posted:

Pencil him in for ten sacks with the patriots this year.

Jesus, he must really suck if they are already thinking about giving up on him.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Honestly everyone should join WC and I in being Browns fans this year.

It’s like a Madden offseason. Who wouldn’t love that!

I want to bc I love both Jarvis and Flash, but I am concerned about Mayfield's size and playstyle in division known for murdering under-sized QBs

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I want to bc I love both Jarvis and Flash, but I am concerned about Mayfield's size and playstyle in division known for murdering under-sized QBs
James Harrison retired and Suggs is gettin really old, though, so maybe Mayfield stands a chance?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

DariusLikewise posted:

Jay isn't a very good coach.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

He's fine.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You probably should never wish for the best running back trio.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
The only notable trio that was actually effective that i can recall was Staley-Westbrook-Buckhalter on the early 00s Eagles team.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

warcrimes posted:

Browns are my side piece

Hope your sister doesn’t get jealous

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

WHOOPS posted:

The only notable trio that was actually effective that i can recall was Staley-Westbrook-Buckhalter on the early 00s Eagles team.

Okoye/Word/Williams kinda on the Chiefs way back when? That was in the days of full on Martyball though so they were the entire offense, and only together for a couple of years. And Barry Word was only good for one year, and Okoye had been figured out by then.

Whatever, young me loved that backfield even though I hated Harvey Williams more than he deserved to be hated.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Blount/Ajayi/Clement worked pretty well this year :colbert:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Blount/Ajayi/Clement worked pretty well this year :colbert:

No "trio" that includes Clement is a trio. That's just having three running backs on the roster.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

James Harrison retired and Suggs is gettin really old, though, so maybe Mayfield stands a chance?

Bud Dupree murdered Matt Moore, and Burfict is still in the division

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
those three also didn’t do much of anything catching the ball out of the backfield.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Tomlinson/Turner/Sproles was nice

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s true

Bud Dupree made my enemies list

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's mid-June and Florio is in week ten form

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1009495819387621378

Someone in a mailbag who the most prominent Niner who might be cut could be. Barrows said Garnett. Florio turned it into that.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Actually the closest thing to a great rushing trio last season, stretching the interpretation a little bit, would be Cam Newton, Jonathan Stewart and Christian McCaffery who combined for 1,869 yards (with Latavius Murray, Jerrick McKinnon and Dalvin Cook close behind although that situation is different due to the injury).

The Eagles trio combined for about 1500 yards rushing which definitely isn't bad, but it makes sense that trios are only really a thing when you don't have a superstar runner. Keeping three excellent runners on the payroll doesn't make sense so running back by committee happens more when there's a lack of really top notch talent. The likeliest situation where I can see that happening is a team with a talented veteran RB who then drafts two different backs (hoping to hit on one) and then hit on both.

Otherwise, there's really no reason to spread the ball around extensively beyond the the team's primary and secondary back.

Play fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 20, 2018

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

Actually the closest thing to a great rushing trio last season, stretching the interpretation a little bit, would be Cam Newton, Jonathan Stewart and Christian McCaffery who combined for 1,869 yards (with Latavius Murray, Jerrick McKinnon and Dalvin Cook close behind although that situation is different due to the injury).

The Eagles trio combined for about 1500 yards rushing which definitely isn't bad, but it makes sense that trios are only really a thing when you don't have a superstar runner. Keeping three excellent runners on the payroll doesn't make sense so running back by committee happens more when there's a lack of really top notch talent. The likeliest situation where I can see that happening is a team with a talented veteran RB who then drafts two different backs (hoping to hit on one) and then hit on both.

Otherwise, there's really no reason to spread the ball around extensively beyond the the team's primary and secondary back.

It was funny because after that season the Eagles realized that Brian Westbrook was better than Buckhalter or Staley(at that point in his career) and just made him a true number 1 back

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

Tomlinson/Turner/Sproles was nice

I forgot those 3 all existed on the roster at the same time...that's quite the trio.

Man I miss prime Turner before he got fat and lazy.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

weird Asian candy posted:

I forgot those 3 all existed on the roster at the same time...that's quite the trio.

That's a weird way to say overused and body broke down

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I remember Gruden gushing about his rear end on national TV.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Metapod posted:

That's a weird way to say overused and body broke down

I mean...yea...he was run to the drat dirt by Mike Smith. His final days in Atlanta though he was so slow and out of shape and would literally run into the line for 1 yard gains if he was lucky. :rip: Burner.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I remember Gruden gushing about his rear end on national TV.

When he was on his game, he was a stud. He was so fun to watch. Then our lines went to poo poo, Turner got fat and run down like Meta said and we moved onto......Stephen Jackson :stare:

Thankfully Devonta and Tevin saved us from RB purgatory.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

I totally forgot he even existed

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

One day we'll be out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I mean...yea...he was run to the drat dirt by Mike Smith. His final days in Atlanta though he was so slow and out of shape and would literally run into the line for 1 yard gains if he was lucky. :rip: Burner.

When he was on his game, he was a stud. He was so fun to watch. Then our lines went to poo poo, Turner got fat and run down like Meta said and we moved onto......Stephen Jackson :stare:

I didn't know that Stephen Jackson, noted average NBA player also played running back in the NFL

• Locked thread