Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I nominated Jed York mostly as a joke so I'm deffo voting Jerry Richardson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Jerry Richardson for his racism, his harassment, and his godawful face.

Also, the only real repercussion he faced is "not owning an NFL team anymore" and getting paid billions for that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jerry Richardson

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerry Richardson

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jerry Richardson

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Jerry Richardson

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Gerry Richerdsen in bold

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Jerry "get hosed" Richardson

④ you did not answer my questions – – Do you think of me as:
① your grandfather
② your second father
③ your second husband
④ your friend
⑤ your boyfriend
⑥ or something else –

I regret I have never been able to give you pleasure –

What the Jesus poo poo. It's forever sobering to realize that there are guys so rich they never had to develop the social skills to get women beyond "do you like me (check one)," also because she obviously ignored this crazy/creepy response the first time, and he said "maybe the :females: need multiple choice to know if they are horny."

Like seriously, there is a galaxy of stuff to unpack: Why is he so concerned about why she considers him her grandfather or second father? Oh, God, he had a "play" for each response, didnt he. Oh, God.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 19, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'll wrap up this matchup this evening when I have some time, but it looks like it's gonna be a close one!!!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Davey Crockett during the Battle of the Alamo posted:

it looks like it's gonna be a close one!!!

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Jerry Richardson did exactly 3 good things in his life:

1) Bring a franchise to Carolina
2) Fire Dave Gettleman (far too late, albeit)
3) Have enough shame to finally step down instead clinging to his team until the day his weak baboon heart stopped beating

Not even going to bold his name b/c I don't need to.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Jerry Richardson. Jed York is nowhere near as bad, just incompetent. Really, really incompetent.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

whole lot of people kink shaming Jerry Richardson itt

lol remember when he told cam he liked his qbs without tattoos

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Jerry Richardson

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh I forgot late last season Richardson called one of his scouts a racial slur.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh I forgot late last season Richardson called one of his scouts a racial slur.

Was it honky?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jerry Richardson Wins! in a narrow 42-3 victory over Jed York.

Next up we have:

Pete Carroll vs. Minnesota Vikings Fans

Pete Carroll

Peter Clay Carroll (born September 15, 1951) is an American football coach who is the head coach and executive vice president of the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League (NFL). He is a former head coach of the New York Jets, New England Patriots, and the USC Trojans of the University of Southern California (USC). Carroll is one of only three football coaches who have won both a Super Bowl and a college football national championship.[1] Carroll is the oldest head coach currently working in the NFL.

seiferguy posted:

I nominate Pete Carroll, head coach of the Seahawks.

Qualifications: he scared off all his veteran players with his lovely stories he keeps repeating, but most importantly because he did this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteCarroll/status/994709685826605056

Regarding this man, Jordan Peterson:
https://www.theshadowleague.com/story/nfl-coach-pete-carroll-invited-a-right-wing-blowhard-to-talk-but-why

quote:

He once said that feminists have “an unconscious wish for brutal male domination,” when asked about their support of Muslims’ rights. In 2016, he tweeted to women in general, saying that if they “usurp men they will rebel and fail and you will have to jail or enslave them.”
Again, this is considered by some to be the "most influential public intellectual in the Western world right now." Oh, really?
Actually, it's no surprise at all.

Peterson recently talked about the “disappearing masculinity in America” in an interview with Fox News’ Tucker Carlson. In the interview, Peterson also said that “centuries of oppression of women by men is an absolutely, reprehensible, ideological re-write of history,” and that this is what is taught largely in schools and universities, and that this is harming young boys.

“If you have your children in a school, and they talk about equity, diversity, inclusivity, white privilege, systemic racism, any of that, you take your children out of the class,” Peterson said in the interview when asked what advice he could give to parents. “They’re not being educated, they’re being indoctrinated, and there’s absolutely no excuse for it.”

Regarding Pete Carroll's old man stories:
https://www.theshadowleague.com/story/pete-carroll-s-spicy-clapback-proves-it-wasn-t-all-good-in-seattle

quote:

"I think it was kind of philosophical on his part," said Sherman about Coach Carroll on Uninterrupted's The Thomahawk Show. "A lot of us have been there six, seven, eight years, and his philosophy is more built for college. Four years, guys rotate in, rotate out, and so we had kind of heard all his stories, we had kind of heard every story, every funny anecdote that he had. And honestly, because he just recycles them. And they're cool stories, they're great for team chemistry and building, etcetera, etcetera. But we had literally heard them all. We could recite them before he even started to say them."

OK. Then we have the Minnesota Vikings Fans:
Yes, vikings fans. Aren't they just the worst?
a

CyberPingu posted:

Nominating Vikings Fans for being a bunch of babies after the NFCCG and stopping Eagles players and fans from eating in restaurants around the city and other petty things.

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Eagles-Super-Bowl-Eagles-denied-access-to-Minneapolis-restaurants-114292791/

quote:

The Philadelphia Eagles have been making their travel plans to Minneapolis in preparation for Super Bowl 52, but Minnesota Vikings fans are making sure they don't have good visit.

Philadelphia defeated the Minnesota Vikings 38-7 in the NFC Championship Game, ruining the Vikings chances of becoming the first team to play a Super Bowl in its home stadium. Some videos went viral of some Eagles fans booing Vikings fans and throwing beer cans at them prior to the game, causing Vikings fans to use the "Philly fan" narrative about how bad they were treated during their stay in Philadelphia.
Now, Vikings fans are looking to get even. Chris Maragos apparently can't get reservations to restaurants in Minneapolis for him and his teammates because they play for the Eagles.

Sour grapes after an embarrassing NFC Championship Game loss.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMaragos/st...ts-114292791%2F

Here's some more:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jealous-vikings-fans-stop-ruin-eagles-super-bowl-fun-article-1.3787897

OK, you decide: who is the bigger douchebag, Pete Carroll, or Vikings fans of Minnesota? vote!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Pete Carroll for giving a crackpot misogynist a legitimizing platform

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Petey, because I love the Vikings.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The Jordan Peterson story, the other old man stories, and the collapse of the Seahawks are both more funny and indefensible than Millie’s fellow fans being angry about another bad fanbase.

Pete Carroll

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Pete

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Petey

Even though I nominated Vikings fans, much like the NFCCG, they're gonna get skol hosed in this round.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Pete Carroll easily.

This one is gonna be another wash...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vikings fans being a bitch rules

Pete Carroll is inexcusable.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pete Carroll

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Vikings Fans
I do a thing for Football Absurdity where I take the craziest comments from popular articles. Vikings fans were head and shoulders the most obnoxious. I'll pull some choice takes when I get a break.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Vikings Fans were obnoxious, yes, but it was also the superbowl in their own stadium after just getting beat by Philly so :shrug: I kinda get it even if it's douchy. Pete Carrol, though, ugh. Jordan Peterson is a loving awful person and gently caress Pete for bringing him in as a speaker.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 20, 2018

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Pete Carroll for Jordan Peterson, burning down his teams, and leaving melted wreckage in his wake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QafCYgi8MiQ

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Vikings Fans were obnoxious, yes, but it was also a home game and :shrug: I kinda get it even if it's douchy. Pete Carrol though, ugh. Jordan Peterson is a loving awful person and gently caress Pete for bringing him in as a speaker.

Uhhhh it wasn't a home game. The NFCCG was in Philly

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Pete Carroll. I'm so sick of this guy and I'm not even on his team. I'm not convinced he's a very good coach and I think it's time to give someone with new ideas a chance with the Seahawks. A truther and a misogynist (or at the very least a clueless dope). I'm sure if he wins douchebag of the year he'll be so ashamed he'll resign so I'm all in.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Peter Carol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CyberPingu posted:

Uhhhh it wasn't a home game. The NFCCG was in Philly

oh whoops, i was thinking the SB, fixed

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't know

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Pete Carroll

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Legitimizing Jordan Peterson gives this one to Pete Caroll by a fuckin' country mile.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 21, 2018

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Obviously Pete Caroll . He kind of sucked before but Jordan Peterson really put him over the hump.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

As a Seahawks fan, I want to vote for Pete for the Peterson incident. But I also want some sweet, sweet Vikings Fans tales from Drunk Nerds before I make my voting decision as to which is more of a douchebag (it's probably still ol' Pete).

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Pete “Inside Job” Carroll

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
You bet your rear end I'm gonna vote for Pete Carroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I nominated him so obviously I'm voting Pete Carroll. I really don't want him coaching my team anymore.

• Locked thread