Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I just got done watching The Risers SMS and 2 things:

1. :stare:

2. The Best Friends are at their peak when they play horrifying Outsider Art games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So it's probably just me but I get the feeling they didn't understand any of why the final boss fight with Baldur was happening. Why he was still persisting in trying to kill his mom, why Freya was still trying to protect him etc.

Though to be fair, I did miss the part where Atreus actually did see ghost Kratos and Zeus while they were in Helheim.

Brok and Sindri taking measurements on Mimir makes me hope for him getting/growing a body in a future game so you can have Boi, Mimir, and Serpent assists.

I did like that Kratos' strength was equal to Baldur's once he had Spartan Rage activated.

https://i.imgur.com/1ThElYA.mp4

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I did like that Kratos' strength was equal to Baldur's once he had Spartan Rage activated.

One might say that strength went up

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

So it's probably just me but I get the feeling they didn't understand any of why the final boss fight with Baldur was happening. Why he was still persisting in trying to kill his mom, why Freya was still trying to protect him etc.

Though to be fair, I did miss the part where Atreus actually did see ghost Kratos and Zeus while they were in Helheim.

Brok and Sindri taking measurements on Mimir makes me hope for him getting/growing a body in a future game so you can have Boi, Mimir, and Serpent assists.

I think they got it, it's just that everyone involved had really dumb emotional reasons for doing what they were doing, and they were making fun of that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WampaLord posted:

One might say that strength went up

God dammit

Dabir posted:

I think they got it, it's just that everyone involved had really dumb emotional reasons for doing what they were doing, and they were making fun of that.

Mm, fair. I got the impression that they thought Freya was against it because Ragnarok and not because that's her loving son and that didn't fully click with them at all. And Baldur was helbent on it after spending time in Hel regretting not killing her back then when he had the chance. And also partly to make sure she didn't just do it again but that part's just my headcanon.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The game spells it out at the end, so they got the message. It certainly sounded like initially weren't cluing into the fact it was entirely about Freya being overprotective of her son and nothing to do with Ragnarok, but thats because they were fuelled with Norse mythology for all their speculation about the game's plot.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Holy poo poo, this entire time they've been workshopping these Mario Van Peebles bits, I've been thinking Mark Meer in my head; that weird Ken-doll looking guy bioware modeled Commander Shepard off of.

Who the gently caress is Mario Van Peebles?! :confused:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Justice Sloth posted:

Who the gently caress is Mario Van Peebles?! :confused:

I want to say he was a guest on The Eric Andre Show once but aside from that, :shrug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh right, Matt said 'Kratos vs [___] would be over in a second.' Who was he talking about? I couldn't understand him. It was a later GOW like 42 to 45 I think.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The impression I got from why they were saying that is that telling Kratos it was about Ragnarok would have been a much more convincing argument than "THAT'S MY BOY".

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dabir posted:

The impression I got from why they were saying that is that telling Kratos it was about Ragnarok would have been a much more convincing argument than "THAT'S MY BOY".

I dunno, Kratos didn't seem that concerned about it when Mimir brought it up at the end of the game.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I only know Mario Van Peebles from Highlander 3.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhonne posted:

I dunno, Kratos didn't seem that concerned about it when Mimir brought it up at the end of the game.

I mean, Kratos already caused the end of the world back in Greece.

Everything will be fine

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Oh god, Woolie is going to be so pissed by the end of this Detroit LP.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, and they hadn't seen that then had they?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
This game ain’t about slavery.. yeah sure Cage. Might as well said she had an underground railroad

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 20, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
remember when one of the bingos they rejected was lying to the player like Shelby

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
That was the Indigo Prophecy cop scene and it took place in kid Jodie’s house which is slightly different but largely the same.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh no

OH NO

WOOLIE DOING POP-PSYCH ON THE PODCAST

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

so good they even clipped it out and uploaded it to youtube

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Oh god, Woolie is going to be so pissed by the end of this Detroit LP.

I just got to the part that you're talking about and I can't :allears: hard enough.

ETA: A BRAND NEW KARA COSTS $900?!?!?!

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 21, 2018

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Who even has a loving job any more? How? Why haven't they been replaced? How does unemployment not skyrocket to like everyone but CyberLife, then CyberLife collapses because no one can afford robots and then everything just burns?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
MY GOD HAND! (my god hand!)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TGLT posted:

Who even has a loving job any more? How? Why haven't they been replaced? How does unemployment not skyrocket to like everyone but CyberLife, then CyberLife collapses because no one can afford robots and then everything just burns?

this game is straight up retarded my man. written by a man with the perspective of a child

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the teamsters alone would prevent androids from gaining ubiquity

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

YEAH SUNSET HEROES IS THE THEME

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Dragon
Kick
your
rear end
into
the
Milky
Way
!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I just realized that the main bad guy in God Hand also voices Spotswoode from Team America.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

scary ghost dog posted:

the teamsters alone would prevent androids from gaining ubiquity

Hey! You better get these goddamn robots off this work site, buddy! I can have a fifteen foot tall scaberous rat here in fifteen minutes.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

man I never noticed how lovely god hand actually looks

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Roth posted:

I just realized that the main bad guy in God Hand also voices Spotswoode from Team America.

And a host of fairly oddparents characters like Timmy’s Dad and Cosmo

And Rei in that one dub of Fist of the North Star

Daran Norris is p cool

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Lol motherfucking Barely Regal? Did the Japanese guys make a pun? Was that on purpose?! I hope so. That’s awesome.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Rodyle posted:

You can smooth it out and spruce things up a lot when you emulate it, but yeah it's a game that'd benefit a hundred times over from a remaster.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rodyle posted:

I was shocked when they said it came out in 2006

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Captain Baal posted:

And a host of fairly oddparents characters like Timmy’s Dad and Cosmo

And Rei in that one dub of Fist of the North Star

And the single best character in Transformers Prime: Knock-Out. You wouldn't think a fabulous Decepticon would be hilarious, but Norris kills it.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

WampaLord posted:

I was shocked when they said it came out in 2006
Same here, when i heard about it and tried it back around 07, i assumed it was an early PS2 game, like 01 or 02.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/1009694497570078720

Part 5 when?

Part 5 Fall. :toot:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

THEY ARE FINALLY HERE
PERFORMING FOR YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

God hand lp already feels like the re4 lp. Practically a solo Pat podcast, it's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKyz54tXXew