Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

anthonypants posted:

remember when the alleged email admin for hillary's private email server posted on reddit asking for help deleting data from archived emails in exchange. lol

i didnt c/p the part right before that talking about why they didnt use their work computers but it was because those used lync and that is a pile of poo poo too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
android: horrible and super-frustrating.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

anthonypants posted:

remember when the alleged email admin for hillary's private email server posted on reddit asking for help deleting data from archived emails in exchange. lol

That was Stonetear. He had an SA forums account too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MullardEL34 posted:

That was Stonetear. He had an SA forums account too.

wow i can't believe stonetear wanted vilerat dead so much that he hacked hillary's emails

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
anroid

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

this

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

samsung makes you buy an app to remove the garbage preinstalled software

Rastor posted:

Don't root your phone.

T-Mobile and Sprint phones have less bloatware than AT&T or Verizon ones. Just go into settings -> apps and for each app you don't want to see choose the Disable option.

If an app doesn't have a Disable option it means it has been marked as a "System" app. For these cases the best advice is usually to ignore it. If there's one which really gets under your skin and you want to get rid of it you have two options:

1. If it's a Samsung app you can purchase Package Disabler Pro which will allow you to uninstall the relevant Samsung package.
2. If the offending app is not from Samsung or if you don't want to spend :10bux:/3 then you can install App Inspector to get the package name of the App you don't want and then follow this guide to uninstall it. Warning: guide requires downloading a bunch of stuff on your computer and running console commands.

Don't root your phone.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

lol

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

lol from the reviews

quote:

I have been using Package Disable from Policdeveloper since a few years already. I have purchased it twice in the past. This is the third time they are forced to relaunch the app, and frankly this app has always been awesome, except the one released previously. I got redeem code from developer for my previous purchase, & I am happy that I didn't have to pay for it again.. 😀 Currently using it on Note 8 & S9+, and believe me package disabler is the first thing I install on Samsung phones. Working like a charm as of now.. 👍👍

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I was gonna laugh at that person for spending money on a Samsung app twice. then I remembered that I have spent money on two sarnsung laptops. rip me, I guess

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lmao if you've ever bought a sarnsung product other than a television

and also if you've bought a samsung television

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

infernal machines posted:

i had a sarnsung television back when you could still get non-smart tvs, but now i have a lucky goldstar tv

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i have a nice prewifi and ads model and it is going strong, but lol if the next one will be samsung

meanwhile my refer samsung chrome book with a Linux replacement on it is really good which is kinda funny considering it's one of the cheaper models

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

what the gently caress???

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
well, it's really good at running linux, if for some reason you wanted to do that

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

well, it's really good at running linux, if for some reason you wanted to do that

basically this. i mean its default state is running chromeos so there was nowhere to go but up, and this model doesnt have enough of an efi patch to run win10 yet or it didnt when i swapped to linux

the shocking thing is 1 the sound works fine on this wacky device and 2 the battery life is 3 hours longer than chromeos, an os specifically tailored to chromebooks

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FistEnergy posted:

is piss resistance a priority

lol wtf is this thread about dyp

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

quad lol if you bought a samsung car.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Agile Vector posted:

the shocking thing is 1 the sound works fine on this wacky device and 2 the battery life is 3 hours longer than chromeos, an os specifically tailored to chromebooks

well chromeos runs chrome so naturally it drains battery as fast as it can

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

jit bull transpile posted:

My pixel 1 reboots 3 times a day for no reason after the latest update. Thats up from 1 time a day previously. I'm replacing this piece of poo poo with whatever the best iPhone is in a few months. I have spent way too long suffering from the effects of DYP brain worms I got when picking my first smart phone in college.

Best pixel feature? After a reboot your alarms aren't active until you open the app that set them. If your phone reboots in the middle of the night then gently caress you.

I've had my Pixel 1 since launch and never had any of these issues. I think I remember it rebooting on its own once? Maybe twice. Also I'm not sure why it would wipe your alarm. I never heard of that

My wife has had the Pixel xl since launch and has had zero problems and in fact she dropped her phone from five feet off the ground onto a brick patio which caused her internal ear speaker to be very quiet and we clicked the "get support" button in the settings menu and within 10 minutes a guy with a Californian surfer accent had sent out a new one to us overnight even though the phone was way out of warranty

The Pixel 1 owns. gently caress the Pixel 2 though with its Huauai screens or whatever the gently caress and lack of headphone jack. I'm keeping this phone until someone brings out a powerful 4.3" phone (so, forever)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I've had my Pixel 1 since launch and never had any of these issues. I think I remember it rebooting on its own once? Maybe twice. Also I'm not sure why it would wipe your alarm. I never heard of that

My wife has had the Pixel xl since launch and has had zero problems and in fact she dropped her phone from five feet off the ground onto a brick patio which caused her internal ear speaker to be very quiet and we clicked the "get support" button in the settings menu and within 10 minutes a guy with a Californian surfer accent had sent out a new one to us overnight even though the phone was way out of warranty

The Pixel 1 owns. gently caress the Pixel 2 though with its Huauai screens or whatever the gently caress and lack of headphone jack. I'm keeping this phone until someone brings out a powerful 4.3" phone (so, forever)

indeed, the fact that you like your pixel proves that i did not have to rma mine 3 times.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I'm keeping this phone until someone brings out a powerful 4.3" phone (so, forever)

sir, have you heard of the iphone se???

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

they are an apple anti-fan and can't be reasoned with

theodop
Dec 30, 2005

rock solid, heart touching
is it too late to buy an SE

have they ruined it by updating it to versions of the OS that it can't handle like they did with the ipad 2 yet

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

theodop posted:

have they ruined it by updating it to versions of the OS that it can't handle like they did with the ipad 2 yet

I dunno about se but my iPhone 6 from work was so hosed by running current ios builds I managed to sweet talk the lab guy into trading me his last 7.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

SE is still fine. you can get one used for like 100-200. if you're concerned you could wait a couple months or whatever to see what happens with new releases

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Ya I'm just waiting to see what sort of refresh is coming and if there's no touch id on it I'll just take an X at a discount.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

theodop posted:

I got a new SE late last year and it's good so far.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the SE running iOS 11 is the best phone ever made

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the current SE is running on the 6s processor right?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the SE running iOS 11 is the best phone ever made

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i miss the ios 7 wallpapers.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i have a work-issued OG ipad air. the screen is cracked and they keyboard-thing it's in is falling apart but "it still works right?" i'm hoping the new focus on performance reaches this dumb old geezer of a device but i'm not holding my breath

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

President Beep posted:

i miss the ios 7 wallpapers.

it's pretty dumb that they remove the previous wallpapers with each updated set

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

same but for android wallpapers, also for previous android alarms and notification sounds. these are things that people build into the daily rhythms of their lives, and it's baffling to me that nobody thought to consider how changing them wou*Google and Apple bros crash through the window* MOVE FAST BREAK STUFF

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the 4s running iOS 5 is the best phone ever made

agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
i've used the same wallpaper and lockscreen background since iphone 5