Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

Cat Face Joe posted:

beating nmn to the punch on this one

:eyepop:
God drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_p9ralkhgiq1vlks32.mp4

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

gonna have a mansion like notch but with this instead of the candy wall

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cat Face Joe posted:

kelly delivers yet again

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

how much to just leave me alone with this for like an hour

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i loving love science how it's made.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

KoRMaK posted:

My bike got stolen last night, fianlly. I had a lovely rope lock and after 4 years someone finally snagged it. nbd it was a $75 bike. Now it means I get to buy a new one thats an actual road bike instead of a mountain bike

Thanks to this thread I think I know which one I wanna get: a panasonic with that vaporwave aesthetic. Pretty sure someone posted it here before so thanks for the tip yuspes

hell yeah

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah, that's a very cool bike.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'm probably not going to be able to find that one with that paint job, but I am looking for the same model which is dx 3000 and got a couple local craigslist hits which have some aesthetic so :rock:

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

bislett kebab expanding one more shop

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

gently caress i want a gyro now

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Kuvo posted:

gently caress i want a gyro now

there's a joke here about them not spinning fast enough to be viable gyroscopes but i can't quite get it right, so i leave it as an exercise for the reader.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

goddamnedtwisto posted:

there's a joke here about them not spinning fast enough to be viable gyroscopes but i can't quite get it right, so i leave it as an exercise for the reader.

its definitely an exercise to read you're poasts!

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Dungeon Ecology posted:

yes, and please invest in a u-lock if you're going to be riding that around

Both Kryptonite and Abus make decently rated u-locks. Kryptonite also has good (but heavy as gently caress) chains if you're going to be leaving your bike somewhere. Preferably where you could hear the angle grinder some one would use to get through them.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
i can't cope with how you guys think it's gyro and not gyros, it's makin my head spin

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

got a case of the meat spins

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

President Beep posted:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Cat Face Joe posted:

jesus christ

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

President Beep posted:

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.
this ____ the kebab

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

netwerk23 posted:

this ____ the krabab

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
done and döner

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

President Beep posted:

lol

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

wayfinder posted:

done and döner

i appreciate this as well

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

President Beep posted:

the long-awaited sequel to cowspin.wmv

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Allatum posted:

Both Kryptonite and Abus make decently rated u-locks. Kryptonite also has good (but heavy as gently caress) chains if you're going to be leaving your bike somewhere. Preferably where you could hear the angle grinder some one would use to get through them.

I can't find it to cite my sources but there was a defcon talk that illuminated me to how kyrptonite ulocks are actually poo poo now due to the pen cap exploit.

oop found it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChbyaXBKNY8&t=575s

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 20, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wayfinder posted:

done and döner

that's very slick.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sombrerotron posted:

the long-awaited sequel to cowspin.wmv

refreshingly honest. TY for posting.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

KoRMaK posted:

I can't find it to cite my sources but there was a defcon talk that illuminated me to how kyrptonite ulocks are actually poo poo now due to the pen cap exploit.

oop found it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChbyaXBKNY8&t=575s

I wouldn't say they're all bad, it really depends on the model and what material and core they're using. if its a cheap tubular lock then sure that's gonna be lovely, but it will be cheap. they probably also make more expensive locks with better cores. you have to consider the materials of the shackle as well. theres no point in putting a really good core in a lock that can be easily sawn through.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i've had the same u lock for 5 years ama.

the thing with bikes that i've learned that is if somebody wants to steal your bike they will steal your bike. so don't leave nice bikes streetside and try to lock your bike in a smart place.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
u should put a gps transponder into the frame

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Shaggar posted:

u should put a gps transponder into the frame

no one do this! it's a trick to get you to sign up for shaggar's bike registration program!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my bicycle transponder company is there to secure your property and definitely not to target you for drone strikes.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYiZeszLosE&t=33s

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

:yeah:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol pagancow's gettin into cartooning

https://twitter.com/dannolan/status/1009245771865001984

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I got one of those foldy locks (Abus Bordo 6500) and it's extremely dope and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Literally no one has ever said that phrase in the sixth panel ever anywhere

• Locked thread