Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Buckle up for bullshit tonight, it's a MAGA rally in Duluth, MN.

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1009524842406797312?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

facialimpediment posted:

oh my god yes trump go full in on q :pray:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
You know, a lot of people don't know this, but many, many people are talking about this Q guy, did you know that? I didn't know that, until I did.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

psydude posted:

Yeah, I think a lot of Republicans are hoping it'll all blow over. Which is kind of like waiting around on your deck for your house fire to go out.

You are being way too generous. About 90% of Republicans approve of Trump, Bush was in the 60s/70s by the end of his presidency.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Woof Blitzer posted:

It’s annoying that the attitude is now shoot first ask questions later.

woah who brought up the police?!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

facialimpediment posted:

Dr Corsi is a new name

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

holocaust bloopers posted:

Dr Corsi is a new name

Old name actually. Kerry Swiftboating, 9/11 was an inside job, Obama wasn't a citizen, and Obama is also gay. Nowadays, he's an InfoWars guy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Corsi

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

holocaust bloopers posted:

Dr Corsi is a new name

Jerome Corsi ain't a new figure, he's been spouting conspiracy theories since the clintons were in arkansas

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

I posted this in the MN thread already. A bunch of these losers drove up from Iowa. 6+ hours on the road to hear a orange moron try to construct sentences. Pathetic.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Someone lock down their local buffet starting in about 30 minutes.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Unrelated, but they just found a mantra ray nursery.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/19/621647422/nursery-for-giant-manta-rays-discovered-in-gulf-of-mexico

It was already being studied, and the researchers didn't know it was juvenile manga rays, they thought it was a different species until someone familiar with manta rays came by to study the other species, hoping to find out why they couldn't find where manta rays reproduce.

I also learned the males sex organs are called claspers.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/politics/trump-separation-action-immigration/index.html

Well, I guess now all the :chud: bootlickers who kept trying to tell us it was just "enforcing the law" can try to find a way to talk around this.

quote:

President Donald Trump on Wednesday reversed his debunked argument that he had no authority to stop separations of undocumented immigrant families at the border, signing an executive order to keep parents and kids together.

"We're signing an executive order. I consider it to be a very important executive order. It's about keeping families together, while at the same time being sure we have a very powerful, very strong border," Trump said.

In the executive order he signed on Wednesday, Trump declared it is his administration's policy to "maintain family unity," including by detaining entire families together "where appropriate and consistent with law and available resources."

The order directs other agencies, including the Pentagon, to take steps to find places to house family units.

The order specifies that migrants entering the US with children will not be kept together if there's a fear for the child's welfare. Families will also be prioritized in the adjudication process.

Even so, the move is almost certain to face immediate legal action challenging the administration's authority to keep families detained at length.

The President was not required to sign anything to change the administration's practice that elicited outrage. He could have reversed the practice of splitting children from their parents with a phone call.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Someone lock down their local buffet starting in about 30 minutes.
There's a power outage that took out the air conditioning. So that's something.

https://twitter.com/perlmutations/status/1009486439401377792

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

So nothing will change at all because the parents are criminals and clearly there's a concern for the childs welfare in every single case

:killing:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Casimir Radon posted:

There's a power outage that took out the air conditioning. So that's something.

https://twitter.com/perlmutations/status/1009486439401377792

oh so it still won't be anywhere near as hot as it is for kids in tent cities?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/dc/white-civil-rights-rally-application-approved-for-dc/65-565729881

quote:

Hundreds of people are expected in Washington, D.C. to protest, what they call, white civil rights.

The demonstration will happen on the one-year anniversary of the ‘Unite the Right’ rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

[sic]

Jason Kessler organized the "Unite the Right" rally last year to protest cities taking down Confederate statues.

He is now planning another rally outside of the White House at Lafayette Square in D.C.

The National Park Service signed off on the application for the event that lasts two days from August 11 to the 12.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

If don’t already follow him, Ron Pearlman is actually great on twitter and a national treasure. The experience is enhanced if you picture him as Hellboy while calling out MAGA chuds.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I bet it doesn't top 200 people. They haven't been able to do anything real big since Charlottesville. Will probably be outnumbered by protesters Inshallah.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

wait was this shared yet

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-signs-executive-order-immigrant-families/story?id=56029396

quote:

President Donald Trump, under growing pressure to act unilaterally to address the immigration crisis, Wednesday signed an executive order that he said would keep immigrant families at the border together.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

It was. Something finally mattered.

Still no insurance that factual policy is going to change, we'll have to wait and see what the order says exactly and how it's interpreted.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The backlash made him reverse course a little but he's just going to blame it on Democrats and his fans with all take his word for it. What's more the majority of them think this kind of cruelty is awesome.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Dance Officer posted:

Still no insurance that factual policy is going to change, we'll have to wait and see what the order says exactly and how it's interpreted.

It basically set one huge 20-day timer.

There's a legal settlement (Flores) that binds the government to holding alien minors for a maximum of 20 days. It doesn't say anything about adult aliens. The executive order basically says "ok fine, we'll do that and keep the kids locked up with their parents, but we want it longer than 20 days because the parents' cases are going to take more than 20 days. So we're immediately going to ask a judge to discard that 20 day maximum."

The judge will inevitably tell the government to get hosed. That leaves two options for DHS:

1) "Catch and Release" - release the parent/child and they appear in court at a later date.

2) Clusterfuck redux where kids are removed from their parents again. (The government will end up doing this again)

A big problem here is that the administration has no loving clue how to reunify the separated kids with their parents. All of this poo poo was basically made up as it went along and most of the parents/kids got zero paperwork tying them to each other.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 20, 2018

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

facialimpediment posted:

A big problem here is that the administration has no loving clue how to reunify the separated kids with their parents. All of this poo poo was basically made up as it went along and most of the parents/kids got zero paperwork tying them to each other.

I don't doubt that the making it up as they went along part is true, but I have to ask, how much did they ever even care about reunifying them anyway? Like, it wasn't even a consideration. Just, gently caress em. Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEuRWLgWMjo&t=9s

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Casimir Radon posted:

The backlash made him reverse course a little but he's just going to blame it on Democrats and his fans with all take his word for it. What's more the majority of them think this kind of cruelty is awesome.

He is still blaming the Democrats and The Law for tying his hands on this policy, while in the same breath congratulating himself for issuing a (superfluous) executive order to stop the policy. And sometimes defending the policy. It's transparently absurd, but then why should he care when his base refuses to attempt any level of critical thought?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Proud Christian Mom posted:

A third party is just going to hand victory to the other party which is why you go all Tea Party and attack from inside

Crooked media guys were talking about how the Bernie Bros were gonna be the Dem version of the Tea Party.

We're doomed, aren't we?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

Crooked media guys were talking about how the Bernie Bros were gonna be the Dem version of the Tea Party.

We're doomed, aren't we?
They're not so much the Tea Party as the idiots who take their ball and go home when their unrealistic candidate doesn't win the primary. Then they sit on Twitter going "Bernie would have won!" and "Hillary would be just as bad worse!" All while the world burns around them.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
That executive order is some serious 2018-in-a-nutshell poo poo. He just did the thing he lied about not being able to do, to cover his rear end for the bigotry he really wanted to do, and he did it in the shittiest possible way while setting it up for failure. When the inevitable end result of exactly what is being said is inevitable right this very moment happens, he'll say it happening is someone else's fault and claim to be the one being unfairly attacked.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

That executive order is some serious 2018-in-a-nutshell poo poo. He just did the thing he lied about not being able to do, to cover his rear end for the bigotry he really wanted to do, and he did it in the shittiest possible way while setting it up for failure. When the inevitable end result of exactly what is being said is inevitable right this very moment happens, he'll say it happening is someone else's fault and claim to be the one being unfairly attacked.

Also the Republicans will get a midterm boost because it was the Democrats fault

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Casimir Radon posted:

They're not so much the Tea Party as the idiots who take their ball and go home when their unrealistic candidate doesn't win the primary. Then they sit on Twitter going "Bernie would have won!" and "Hillary would be just as bad worse!" All while the world burns around them.

Good thing these people don't really exist in meaningful numbers no matter how much you keep posting about them. Top level Democrats constantly acting like Republican-lite doesn't exactly bring people to the polls though. Progressives/far left people are going to vote Dem even if they're dogshit because they hate what the republicans are doing with a passion but if the random independent or non-voter can't see much difference in what either party is going to do for them (nothing) then why should they bother voting either way?

The Bernie Bros are a figment of your imagination dude.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

my kinda ape posted:

The Bernie Bros are a figment of your imagination dude.

The small handful that were truly hardcore are really a weird trip, though.

https://twitter.com/HAGOODMANAUTHOR/status/941470542493761536

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Steezo posted:

Unrelated, but they just found a mantra ray nursery.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/19/621647422/nursery-for-giant-manta-rays-discovered-in-gulf-of-mexico

It was already being studied, and the researchers didn't know it was juvenile manga rays, they thought it was a different species until someone familiar with manta rays came by to study the other species, hoping to find out why they couldn't find where manta rays reproduce.

I also learned the males sex organs are called claspers.

This is really cool. A couple years ago when I was SCUBA diving in Cozumel a family of eagle rays were swimming by the group and the the baby ray was coming over to us and swimming near by us like it was/wanted to play. Beautiful creatures. I wish I lived near warmer waters cause I love diving and how relaxing it is. There's so much life around that island, it's amazing.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Twitter and Facebook make those extreme Bernie Bros look greater in number than they actuaTACTICAL PANTS

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1009562063893680128?s=19

ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS OF TACTICAL PANTS

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Considering 5.11 Stryke pants run about $75/pair, that would be 20 pairs. Enough for 2 apiece if his security is 10 strong. That's a drop in the bucket for money wasted by this government on tactical anything, let alone pants.

I have a pair. They're comfy as hell and worth every penny at cost. Wouldn't dare pay retail for them.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

facialimpediment posted:

Twitter and Facebook make those extreme Bernie Bros look greater in number than they actuaTACTICAL PANTS

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1009562063893680128?s=19

ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS OF TACTICAL PANTS

I wonder if it's one pair of really expensive pants or like 15-30 pairs of tactical pants?

And there are plenty of Hillarymen on social media who would sooner self-immolate than vote for anyone other than Mother but no one is pretending they're a meaningful voting bloc.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Considering 5.11 Stryke pants run about $75/pair, that would be 20 pairs. Enough for 2 apiece if his security is 10 strong. That's a drop in the bucket for money wasted by this government on tactical anything, let alone pants.

Most non fed departments make you buy your own poo poo.

Also 5.11 pants used to suck, maybe they got better.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I have a pair. They're comfy as hell and worth every penny at cost. Wouldn't dare pay retail for them.

those pants actually look pretty decent for construction work actually. They're probably too thin though and will get torn to shreds in no time most likely

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

facialimpediment posted:

It basically set one huge 20-day timer.

There's a legal settlement (Flores) that binds the government to holding alien minors for a maximum of 20 days. It doesn't say anything about adult aliens. The executive order basically says "ok fine, we'll do that and keep the kids locked up with their parents, but we want it longer than 20 days because the parents' cases are going to take more than 20 days. So we're immediately going to ask a judge to discard that 20 day maximum."

The judge will inevitably tell the government to get hosed. That leaves two options for DHS:

1) "Catch and Release" - release the parent/child and they appear in court at a later date.

2) Clusterfuck redux where kids are removed from their parents again. (The government will end up doing this again)

There are a couple thousand kids out there who may or may not ever see their families again because these fucks didn't bother to do any worthwhile paperwork.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
You gotta make those tactical pants right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Prana Stretch Zions are the best pants.

• Locked thread