Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Dragon isn't an assault, and you'd never want to replace a Grasshopper with one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Dammit. Literally my entire lance are Medium Laser boats with SRMs.

Now everything's going to be too hot to sustain.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

KoldPT posted:

Is there any good assault-tier replacement for the Grasshopper? I captured a Battlemaster and it has a ton of lasers, but not nearly as many support slots.

As others have mentioned, you can run a BNC-3M, but its not worth adding JJs because they're twice as heavy. I run a BNC-3M with all of the lasers, nearly maxed armor (~110 on the arms, ~75 on back torsos) with the rest into heat sinks. Put a pilot in it with master tactician and it makes a nice finisher in the end game. Use turns where you're overheating to melee, sprint in closer, or brace. Precision shot to rear armor is a kill. Precision shot to a leg is a knockdown. Master tactician means you go first next turn to finish off whatever is left.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Dammit. Literally my entire lance are Medium Laser boats with SRMs.

Now everything's going to be too hot to sustain.

SRM6 got its heat reduced by two, which is going to make up for a ML each that got its heat increased by 2.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Conspiratiorist posted:

SRM6 got its heat reduced by two, which is going to make up for a ML each that got its heat increased by 2.

I have more med lasers than SRMs on my mechs though. I suppose it will mitigate more of it than I was initially thinking though.

Good point.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Incidentally, pure SRM6 combinations are more efficient than SRM4 now, accounting for ammo use/space.

Conspiratiorist fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 20, 2018

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also, Called Shot was nerfed for ML/SRM combos, in that its hit location bonus gets progressively weaker with each weapon in the list. This matters more for people trying to core an assault with a bunch of smaller weapons than someone frontloading their damage with a Gauss or AC/20.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

Incidentally, pure SRM6 combinations are more efficient than SRM4 now, accounting for ammo use/space.

All SRMs are now equally efficient once you factor in tonnage, heat generation, and ammo use. For LRMs, LRM10s are still the worst, but LRM15s are now the best in terms of efficiency.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

rt4 posted:

You could do a Dragon if you're on a budget

Everyone needs to make a Fire Dragon at some point in their Battletech Career. Load it up with flamethrowers and jump jets and dfa people.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
Anyone try this mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/219

Makes it so that some contracts will consist of back-to-back missions where you can't repair between them, like the last story mission. Looks like you can configure frequency of the multiparters, how many parts they can have at most, and how much of a bonus you get from doing them. Seems like it'd be rad, tho looking at the comments it also seems like it's buggy as all hell right now.

I'm holding out on starting up another game until that next big patch drops, to avoid burnout, so ain't much for checking it out myself at the moment. Definitely gonna do a big ol' modded run after this next big patch drops, but other that panic system mod and maybe this one, I don't really know what all I'd want for it.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

McGavin posted:

All SRMs are now equally efficient once you factor in tonnage, heat generation, and ammo use.

I was referring to combinations, because you can't add ammo fractionally. Assuming you want at least 10 shots:

For 1 hardpoint, SRM6 w/1 ton is the most efficient.
For 2 hardpoints, SRM6+4 w/1 ton is the most efficient (or SRM6+6 w/1 ton if you can deal with only 8 full shots).
For 3 hardpoints, SRM6*3 w/2 tons is the most efficient.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

rt4 posted:

You could do a Dragon if you're on a budget
What other people already said about the Dragon, plus I believe it is a consensus around here that anything the Dragon can do, a Shadowhawk can do better. It only weighs five fewer tons but can fit as much weapon weight, has arguably better hard points, and goes a phase earlier all at the cost of something like 3% armor.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Unless you want a dedicated "run up and punch poo poo" mech the Dragon sucks.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I'm putting together a.. thing. It's probably too ambitious and will fall apart like all my other big ideas but I am going to give it a square go.

I need some help with a corporate slogan for QuickSell, I also need to try and come up with a new corporate logo for them because it is AWFUL.

My current working draft slogan is: QuickSell, it's all in the box... But I think it lacks a lot.

Also any ideas for a better logo for Apple Computers Interstellar? As far as I can gather these are the official Battletech Universe logos for these companies.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

And Tyler Too! posted:

Unless you want a dedicated "run up and punch poo poo" mech the Dragon sucks.

Dragon with an AC20 that takes potshots as it runs up on an enemy is pretty fun/funny

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

I was referring to combinations, because you can't add ammo fractionally. Assuming you want at least 10 shots:

For 1 hardpoint, SRM6 w/1 ton is the most efficient.
For 2 hardpoints, SRM6+4 w/1 ton is the most efficient (or SRM6+6 w/1 ton if you can deal with only 8 full shots).
For 3 hardpoints, SRM6*3 w/2 tons is the most efficient.

Oh. I just edit the SRM ammo to have 120 missiles like the LRM ammo.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

IOwnCalculus posted:

21:9 support, loving yes.

No 31:9 support, though. :(

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Xarbala posted:

Also, Called Shot was nerfed for ML/SRM combos, in that its hit location bonus gets progressively weaker with each weapon in the list. This matters more for people trying to core an assault with a bunch of smaller weapons than someone frontloading their damage with a Gauss or AC/20.

Best change in the patch. SRMs were way too good at one-shotting assaults when paired with Called Shot Mastery. The skill is still too good, but at least you won't have 300 damage SRM volleys funneled into CTs anymore.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Phrosphor posted:

I need some help with a corporate slogan for QuickSell, I also need to try and come up with a new corporate logo for them because it is AWFUL.

Quickscell (or sometimes even Quikscell).

The typo in their name tells you precisely what sort of quality you can expect from their product.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Is there a mod to allow melee from sprinting? I want to run punchlance and get fully owned.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

PoptartsNinja posted:

Quickscell (or sometimes even Quikscell).

The typo in their name tells you precisely what sort of quality you can expect from their product.

I'm thinking you should try to alternate spellings as often as possible.

Quickscell: Building the today of tomorrow, yesterday

Quickscell: Never obsolete

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Is there a mod to allow melee from sprinting? I want to run punchlance and get fully owned.

I think the latest version of the Melee Mover mod has this

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Kraven Moorhed posted:

I'm thinking you should try to alternate spellings as often as possible.

Quickscell: Never obsolete

Just find the list of Veridian Dynamics slogans from Better Off Ted, then use those.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

seaborgium posted:

Just find the list of Veridian Dynamics slogans from Better Off Ted, then use those.

Here you go!

quote:

Veridian Dynamics. Diversity: just the thought of it makes these white people smile. We believe everyone works best when they work together, even if they're just standing around. Just like we enjoy varieties of food, we enjoy varieties of people. Even though we can't eat them. At Veridian Dynamics, we're committed to a multiethnic workplace. You can shake on it. Veridian Dynamics. Diversity. Good for us.
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Better_Off_Ted

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Phrosphor posted:

I need some help with a corporate slogan for QuickSell,

Why not go for the classic?

"You get what you pay for, and you ain't paid poo poo." :v:

Magni fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 20, 2018

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

These suggestions are great, what I am looking for is a snappy one liner that you would use in an advert
Something believable in universe but still hints at what a bunch of cowboys they are.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Kraven Moorhed posted:

"Building the yesterday of tomorrow, today" amuses me more since you could also say it "building the today of today, today"

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Phrosphor posted:

These suggestions are great, what I am looking for is a snappy one liner that you would use in an advert
Something believable in universe but still hints at what a bunch of cowboys they are.
How about :

Quickscell. Just Move. It's a poop joke

Quickscell: A world apart

quikscell -- > the sum of its parts (Dropping "the" does fun stuff, as does dropping the space after the dash to kill any lingering subtlety.)

Quickscell: Never the Less

PoptartsNinja posted:

"Building the yesterday of tomorrow, today" amuses me more since you could also say it "building the today of today, today"

True, but that's a tad overt. :v: As dumb as they can be, branding and slogans get agonized over.

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 21, 2018

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Phrosphor posted:

Quickscell: When you need it now, get it Quick.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I love how the folks at the Codex are still like "Mediocre game. Piece of trash, worthless", and then list their reasons why, it sounds like "We know publicly hating on pronouns such as They makes us look bad, so we're going to pretend like it's all these other things we don't like, and the game's not a success, because.. um.. because we said so"

Gamers create worlds of their own sometimes.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I saw steam start downloading patch 1.1 so I thought I'd read the notes while it's doing it.

quote:

Players can now customize the appearance, callsign, name, pronoun, and voice of all non-Ronin MechWarriors in their mercenary company.

Now we just need a mod that scans Tumblr for pronouns and randomly uses those, it'd be hilarious.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Quikscell, it's got what tanks crave!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

New Features & Content

MechWarrior customization. Players can now customize the appearance, callsign, name, pronoun, and voice of all non-Ronin MechWarriors in their mercenary company. The starting MechWarriors (Behemoth, Dekker, Glitch, and Medusa) are now considered Ronin.

Granular difficulty settings. Added a wide variety of Granular Difficulty Settings that can be adjusted at any time from the Settings menu.

Lethality - when enabled, MechWarriors that are disabled in combat will always be killed.
'Mech Destruction - when enabled, 'Mechs disabled from Center Torso destruction are permanently lost. This setting is intended for veterans and those seeking a significant challenge.
No Rare Salvage - when enabled, + and ++ items are no longer generated as salvage results (but remain purchasable in stores).
MechWarrior Progression - adjust the amount of experience that MechWarriors gain after each mission.
Advanced MechWarriors - increase or decrease the frequency of more powerful MechWarriors appearing in Hiring Halls in later parts of the game.
Enemy Force Strength - increase or decrease the baseline strength of the enemy forces you'll face in procedural contracts.
Contract Payment - increase or decrease the amount of C-Bills paid by procedural contracts across the game.
Salvage - increase or decrease the amount of salvage you may obtain from negotiation on procedural contracts.

New custom campaign mode. The following added Difficulty Settings can only be adjusted when starting a new campaign (Select "Custom Campaign" when starting a New Game from the Main Menu.)

Ironman Mode. Your campaign is limited to a single save game slot that automatically updates as you progress. Run out of funds or fail a Priority Mission and it's game over!
Unequipped 'Mechs - enable this to make 'Mechs completed out of 'Mech parts start empty instead of with a stock loadout.
Parts for 'Mech Assembly - increase the number of 'Mech parts that must be salvaged to assemble a new 'Mech. This setting is intended for veterans and those seeking a significant challenge.

And here I was just thinking I wanted to do a new game but harder.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

RBA Starblade posted:

And here I was just thinking I wanted to do a new game but harder.

Hell yeah, what a good update

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Disappointed by no option to disable Morale.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I kinda wanna see painted renditions of our starting mechwarriors now, to line up with the other ronin

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
Is the MRBC rating bugged or something?

I've been trying to get a 5 star rating, and every time I pass 900, all of the stars go away. I've even gone up to 1000 and nothing.

Along the same lines, I ran into a 5 skull mission that said I had too low a rating to run it. This was after getting 900+ with the MRBC and while being at allied status with the employer. There was another 5 skull mission from the same employer on the same planet (Hellespont, TC) that I was able to run. What's up with this?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Conspiratiorist posted:

Disappointed by no option to disable Morale.

I mean you coullllld just not use it. Or edit the costs to max or so on and so forth.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Excuse you, the Quickscell logo is GREAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Narsham posted:

Quickscell: When you need it now, get it Quick.

This is great!

Wip shot: