Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Molestationary Store

Hi folks I clicked through a JJ Slapnuts ad to get here. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Molestationary Store posted:

Welcome, hello & chat. What's your pet situation? Have you done any cool drugs?

MockingQuantum

my friends and I once accidentally did a bunch of salvia once when someone tossed it on the fire pit thinking it was kindling, does that count as being cool and doing drugs?

(it was too dispersed to do much, though most of us did have brief, sudden salvia hallucinations, which is a bit of a terrifying experience if you don't know it's coming)

thank you luvcow for the sig

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Lol

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

take the moon

by sebmojo
drugs don't make you cool, but i liked salvia. i didn't see hallucinations, just felt more rooted to the world, if that makes sense (extremely so)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Dick Bastardly posted:

I would play so I could legalize weed in every imaginary society I get involved in. That'd be my only goal.

Cities: Skyline is a video game where you run a city and one of the policy decisions is to legalize weed and it has literally no drawback lol

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Drugs don't make me cool but they do make me less crazy which is great.

Salvia is bad and I will never touch that again. Wow was it ever not good for me.

I'm just :weedass:

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I Was The Fury posted:

Cities: Skyline is a video game where you run a city and one of the policy decisions is to legalize weed and it has literally no drawback lol

Yusss

MockingQuantum

I've only done it one other time than the firepit incident and it was a brief but intense trip, one of those where it feels like you and the guy who took it with you were under for like half an hour, just exploring the outer depths of the universe, discussing the complexities of reality and the strangeness of dark matter, but your friends that refused to get on the trampoline with you tell you afterwards that you actually just repeated the words "stars, man, stars" at each other for about two minutes

I wish I could do weed, I feel like I'd be much more chill if I partook occasionally. I can't even drink that much anymore without getting hella depressed

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I don't really drink much anymore because I have a problem, so I just socially partake and keep it to one every six weeks or so. Plus, it makes my joints hurt like hell and tears my stomach to shreds thanks to modern medicine miracle of brain pills.

take the moon

by sebmojo
i get rekt at goon meats but don't drink outside of them. as an aside goon meats are cool and good

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Meeksha posted:

hello [folks]. remember that you are all cool and good. have a wonderful day.

MockingQuantum

spectres of autism posted:

i get rekt at goon meats but don't drink outside of them. as an aside goon meats are cool and good

huh I wonder if there are any goon meets around here, I'm pretty sure our LAN thread died years ago

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

A witch store story:

Yesterday my kid and I went to the witch store to buy some poo poo for the house and daily practice, etc. I was looking at the pretty rocks, because they're pretty and I like rocks a lot just because they're pretty, and a lady walked up to me. Not an employee, just another customer. I said hi and stepped out of her way, and she reached around my waist to grab a particular stone, which was weird enough, but then shoved it in my face and said, "I stuff these into my vagina during Moon Time to solve my troubles," put the rock in my hand and wandered off.

Welp.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

hamjobs posted:

A witch store story:

Yesterday my kid and I went to the witch store to buy some poo poo for the house and daily practice, etc. I was looking at the pretty rocks, because they're pretty and I like rocks a lot just because they're pretty, and a lady walked up to me. Not an employee, just another customer. I said hi and stepped out of her way, and she reached around my waist to grab a particular stone, which was weird enough, but then shoved it in my face and said, "I stuff these into my vagina during Moon Time to solve my troubles," put the rock in my hand and wandered off.

Welp.

these rocks, jagged or smooth?

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

hamjobs posted:

A witch store story:

Welp.

If memory serves, there's a folk medicine tradition related to this. Something about jade supposedly clearing the body of toxins. Gwyneth Paltrow even hawked such eggs on her crazy person website.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Oh man, that summer game jam looks so fun, but the only exception to the three person team rule is audio contributors. Nobody's gonna want a graphic designer who couldn't figure out a hello world in Python to save his life (I don't even really understand this joke about how dumb I am).

MockingQuantum

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Oh man, that summer game jam looks so fun, but the only exception to the three person team rule is audio contributors. Nobody's gonna want a graphic designer who couldn't figure out a hello world in Python to save his life (I don't even really understand this joke about how dumb I am).

you might be surprised, in past years there have been a lot of people who pretty much try to go it alone, but need someone visual who can add their magic to the project

the audio file rule mostly sprung out of a general shortage of sound designers, voice actors, etc and the fact that the ones who were involved generally did just that and nothing else, so they tended to do stuff for multiple teams

also one year there was a game that had, like, a 16 person team and it was majestic and ridiculous

BoldFrankensteinMir

MockingQuantum posted:

you might be surprised, in past years there have been a lot of people who pretty much try to go it alone, but need someone visual who can add their magic to the project

the audio file rule mostly sprung out of a general shortage of sound designers, voice actors, etc and the fact that the ones who were involved generally did just that and nothing else, so they tended to do stuff for multiple teams

also one year there was a game that had, like, a 16 person team and it was majestic and ridiculous

Well that's good to know. I probably have too many projects I'm miserably behind on already, but maybe.

Thanks.

Manifisto

hamjobs posted:

A witch store story:

Welp.

how is gwyneth doing, anyway? does she look well rested?

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

I Was The Fury posted:

It's a good game.

----------------

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

drilldo squirt posted:

It's a good game.

:agreed:

City of Glompton

MockingQuantum posted:

neat

i have no idea if anyone here in byob needs a voice actor but if someone does i'll try my best

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

BoldFrankensteinMir

City of Glompton posted:

neat

i have no idea if anyone here in byob needs a voice actor but if someone does i'll try my best

Should... should BYOB field a team specifically?

Should they make the chillest game that ever was?!

Yobbers with actual job skills with computers and thingies, the call is out.

MockingQuantum

I do sound design professionally, that's probably all I could offer though

besides terrible, slapdash, last-minute music tracks

sb hermit

I do programming, but not games :smith:

BoldFrankensteinMir

MockingQuantum posted:

I do sound design professionally, that's probably all I could offer though

besides terrible, slapdash, last-minute music tracks

Both are essential.

Bluedeanie

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I could do voice acting but thats about it

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!
I can draw this:

And make strangebad music.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Yobbers with actual job skills with computers and thingies, the call is out.
Here is a thing I programmed in less than two days (aside from some iterative menu tinkering later) and graphicked in two weeks. That's from scratch with no libraries or anything.

I normally wouldn't volunteer to work on someone else's ideas because I have a gigantic surplus of ideas, but I'm so impressed by the power of chill here that I'd be on board for contributing to a chill game. Maybe the power of not being a jerk even when you're actually a jerk like me could somehow be spread beyond the bounds of this forum.

I am strongly opposed to doing anything in 3D though.

Jaded Burnout

el dorito posted:

I do programming, but not games :smith:

:same:

Molestationary Store

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Welcome, hello & chat. What's your pet situation? Have you done any cool drugs?

No pets, live in dogland but love cats, sadly am allergic. Only illegal thing I've done (and hell it's kosher in lots of places now) is weed which I had with a good amount of alcohol which when you are new to it results in :barf: so I kind of never went for it again. :v: Thanks for the avatar whoever did that, judging by its absurdity I'm guessing it's from here.

Jaded Burnout

I'm going to shut my eyes and pretend your name refers to a pencil shop for moles

alnilam

Yesterday it rained 4 inches at my house, more at some others around here, most of which fell in the space of a few hours :eyepop: it's crazy

alnilam

howdy!

Jaded Burnout

alnilam posted:

Yesterday it rained 4 inches at my house, more at some others around here, most of which fell in the space of a few hours :eyepop: it's crazy

Did you pick them all up?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

No pets, live in dogland but love cats, sadly am allergic. Only illegal thing I've done (and hell it's kosher in lots of places now) is weed which I had with a good amount of alcohol which when you are new to it results in :barf: so I kind of never went for it again. :v: Thanks for the avatar whoever did that, judging by its absurdity I'm guessing it's from here.

You're very welcome!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

Jaded Burnout posted:

Did you pick them all up?

I tried but they all kept sinking into the ground :sadwave:

I caught some in my homemade rain gauge though :henget:

alnilam

Some parts of the city and some suburbs set up whole basins though, usually low roadways, to catch a bunch of it. One area caught three whole feet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

roomforthetuna posted:

Here is a thing I programmed in less than two days (aside from some iterative menu tinkering later) and graphicked in two weeks. That's from scratch with no libraries or anything.

I normally wouldn't volunteer to work on someone else's ideas because I have a gigantic surplus of ideas, but I'm so impressed by the power of chill here that I'd be on board for contributing to a chill game. Maybe the power of not being a jerk even when you're actually a jerk like me could somehow be spread beyond the bounds of this forum.

I am strongly opposed to doing anything in 3D though.

I love mahjjong!

And yeah, a 3d game sounds hard. So we got an actual games programer and a real life audio engineer and some willing voice actors. And I could probably sling a few pixels if it would be helpful.

But what would a super-chill game even look like? Are we even allowed to start conceptualizing yet?