Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I would make the Sequitors whole with an ETB kit, and then wait for the rest. Glaivewraith Stalkers are good because it's groups of 4 and the ETB box contains 4.

The Castigators I would pass on.

It seems that the Grimghast kit is going to be a "builds two units" kit. I am thinking Grimghast Reapers + Bladegeist Revenants. Mathhammer wise... you want them Grimghasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
The easy build sequitors have different gear options than the ones in Soul War according to the warscrolls. Also there is nothing about the gryphic hound on the castigator scrolls.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

dexefiend posted:

I would make the Sequitors whole with an ETB kit, and then wait for the rest. Glaivewraith Stalkers are good because it's groups of 4 and the ETB box contains 4.

You're right, I got stalkers and reapers mixed up

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

bonds0097 posted:

Did it actually or are those the screamers for the chariot?

Actually did have extras, but is missing the Flamers. Must have been packed with the wrong sprues.

Sent an email to GW to see if I can't get the flamers off them too.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Is there an update to the game's skirmish mode in the new edition or is there something rumored to come out?

Or is Shadespire considered the Skirmish mode?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Is there an update to the game's skirmish mode in the new edition or is there something rumored to come out?

Update to skirmish mode. Don't know where or when though.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Shadespire is NOT skirmish mode.

I do believe that one of the videos said that Skirmish and Path to Glory would be in the big black book.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
PTG and Skirmish are in GHB this time I think.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am just going to use the Pitched profiles in the Gyrmsforge set for now as they make sense.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TKIY posted:

PTG and Skirmish are in GHB this time I think.

Oh, ok. Either way, I'm happy with it being in one of the main books, rather than a supplement.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

That's good. Hopefully skirmish just lets you use the individual costs rather than the coin system, and I'll have enough painted up for skirmish much quicker than I can finish the full armies from the starter.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

EZ build sequitor painting tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkg1KhIrWDg

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Hammerhal Herald has launched.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

The Deleter posted:

A recent story on the Malign Portents site confirms they just live on spaceships, with sections that mimic the Lustria jungle to hang out in.
I much prefer this to them only existing in the Slann spank bank between battles.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Saint Drogo posted:

I much prefer this to them only existing in the Slann spank bank between battles.

It's weird, apparently the interiors are a nightmare to navigate and they have spawning pools on board that they can make spawn faster at the risk of making horrible ragemonsters.

Put them in a Battlefleet Gothic reboot imo.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I dunno, I kinda liked the idea of the Slaan's imaginary friends being so powerful they could kill people

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Does anyone know anything about this ghost army coming out? I realized painting 120 gobbos is why I stopped painting my dwarves in the first place

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Business Gorillas posted:

Does anyone know anything about this ghost army coming out? I realized painting 120 gobbos is why I stopped painting my dwarves in the first place

There are a lot of ghost people coming out. Their gimmicks seem to be that they're all ethereal, which gives them a constant 4+ save, and flying. Other than that they have the same sort of standard buffing heroes everyone else does, and a few mortal wound and healing abilities. There's one horde unit, but that's not their only option for battleline so you won't have to run them.

We haven't actually seen rules for their big centerpiece units yet so those might do something off the wall but so far they're very straightforward.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Vlad is confirmed to be Mortarch of Shadows still.

Is this in the Soul Wars rulebook or a Malign Portent story? Don’t remember it showing up in the Legion of Nagash book.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is this in the Soul Wars rulebook or a Malign Portent story? Don’t remember it showing up in the Legion of Nagash book.

Just word of the lore people.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
There's a preview of the Soul Wars novel, and the implication from that is that Nagash is basically insane, doesn't have the control he thinks he does and that all the Mortarchs loving hate him. So I expect some story beat in the future where the Mortarchs gank him good.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

The Deleter posted:

There's a preview of the Soul Wars novel, and the implication from that is that Nagash is basically insane, doesn't have the control he thinks he does and that all the Mortarchs loving hate him. So I expect some story beat in the future where the Mortarchs gank him good.

None of the Mortarchs like him, aside from Arkhan.

He is too powerful for them to disobey.

He is still kind of pissed that the Flesh Eater Courts only kind of listen to him.

Nagash is a salty bitch.

Black_Nexus fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 21, 2018

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Deleter posted:

Yeah, the short story from a few days ago was about how much Mannfred just cannot wait to do something against Nagash, but he knows there’s no point because Nahash would just smoke him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Yeah, the short story from a few days ago was about how much Mannfred just cannot wait to do something against Nagash, but he knows there’s no point because Nahash would just smoke him.

Yet. No point yet.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm surprised Tzeentch and Nurgle don't try ganging up on the ghosts. I know they hate each other, but I would assume they would hate an unchanging realm of the dead even more.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yet. No point yet.

Mannfred is the eternal optimist, couldn’t hold a candle to Nagash in the Old World and now has less chance than a fart in a mausoleum.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I can't wait for Mannfred to go full Starscream and start proclaiming himself Grand High Dickfart of the Dead whenever Nagash so much as coughs.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

LordAba posted:

I'm surprised Tzeentch and Nurgle don't try ganging up on the ghosts. I know they hate each other, but I would assume they would hate an unchanging realm of the dead even more.

They are indeed doing just that. Last we heard of the chaos forces they were sending everything they had into shyish to stop Nagash.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

LordAba posted:

Almost every major faction is going in to have a big brawl in Shyish. I don't remember if the Darkoath Queen is Khorne or non-aligned chaos, but either way I think they're all there.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Almost every major faction is going in to have a big brawl in Shyish. I don't remember if the Darkoath Queen is Khorne or non-aligned chaos, but either way I think they're all there.

Darkoath are pretty much the Norscans, Undivided.

Anyway they already lost the big fight with Nagash in the recent campaign. They broke a bunch of people out of his cells. But Nagash got what he wanted and won overall.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 21, 2018

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Isn't Arkhan still the Smithers to Nagash's Mr. Burns? I haven't read much of the Age of Sigmar fluff but that seemed to be the situation last time I looked.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Pretty much. The Soul Wars novel preview implied even Arkhan's getting fed up of Nagash, although that could also be down to the fact that Nagash is getting paranoid. Arkhan's certainly not going to upset the guy he's worked for all his undeath any time soon.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Isn't Arkhan still the Smithers to Nagash's Mr. Burns? I haven't read much of the Age of Sigmar fluff but that seemed to be the situation last time I looked.

Now I have imagery of Arkhan casting an illusion that says “Hello Arkhan...you’re quite good at...raising this...old bone.” every time he opens a black book.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
He was a simpering lackey in the WHFB books, I hope he grew some god damned backbone nowadays.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Arkhan not as devout loyalty could be a side effect of him being the only Old World Mortarch who did not keep all of his memories of it.

Like one of the main reasons he was so loyal to Nagash was because Nagash gave his worthless life meaning. (Well Unlife at this point.) As Arkhan started out as a good for nothing thug and became the Lich King with Nagash's help.

Deofuta posted:

He was a simpering lackey in the WHFB books, I hope he grew some god damned backbone nowadays.

Appearntly it took until 8th edition for him to get a personality beyond Nagash's right hand.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 21, 2018

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Now I have imagery of Arkhan casting an illusion that says “Hello Arkhan...you’re quite good at...raising this...old bone.” every time he opens a black book.

Nagash: Arkhan, there's a basalt obelisk in my realm!
Arkhan: You don't have to tell me master.

I'm getting excited for the new edition and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Deofuta posted:

Which books are those? I've only read the Nagash trilogy and Arkhan was kind of a badass in those (being the only one of Nagash's followers to have failed him and then managed to get back into his 'good books').

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Bonesplitterz

Evangelical Primitivist Orcs. Lead by the barely lucid Wurrgog Prophets, these Orruks believe that Gorkamorka has charged them to murder the biggest, nastiest foes they can find. Considered complete nutters by other Orcs, Bonesplitterz go to battle wearing nothing but warpaint and wielding the bones of slain monsters, imbued with the power of Gork and Mork.

How they Play: Despite stomping around the battlefield butt naked, Bonesplitterz are shockingly tough with their special Warpaint save potentially shrugging off the most lethal of attacks. They get big bonuses when fighting monsters and other big targets, and favour drowning foes in lots and lots and lots of attacks.

Play Bonesplitterz if you:

-Don't mind going through buckets of green paint.
-Fancy yourself a tattoo artist.
-Really want to make the local Beastclaw Raiders players cry.

Dispossessed

Khazukan Kazakit-ha! Dwarves of the non-naked, non-Steampunk variety. Kicked out of their mountain holds during the Age of Chaos, these stunties are ready to kick some arse the old fashioned way, axes and beards in accord.

How they Play: The classic Dwarven faction, heavily armoured, stubborn and slow as balls. Stick them on a point and watch the foe tear their hair out trying to shift them. Resilient frontline infantry and powerful artillery with strong heroes to back them up.

Play Dispossessed if you:

-Really love gold, like really love it.
-Have a (or aspire to have a) glorious beard.
-Want to play your old WHFB army with minimal fuss.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
okay to expand a bit on my earlier comments, i really like some of these new ghost folks. particularly dead ghost lady and radical ghost dude sitting in a chair

can i use them in an army featuring black knights, skellies, possibly neferata? i like black knights, knights are cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Clawtopsy posted:

okay to expand a bit on my earlier comments, i really like some of these new ghost folks. particularly dead ghost lady and radical ghost dude sitting in a chair

can i use them in an army featuring black knights, skellies, possibly neferata? i like black knights, knights are cool

You can ally them in but those models aren’t allowed to be used in a legions of nagash force, which is where you would run Neferata et al