Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its just Energy with him as far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Not to give them ideas but they should sneak in hidden WBU weaknesses likes "takes massive bonus damage from Hulkling or Red Skull" just to create a new meta and sell more mega tickets to powergamers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So my next ticket is going to go Star Lord, and I used todays on Sandman, but I'm not sure who to use the next one I get.

My options are America, Hulkbuster, Lizard, Titania, Crystal, Quake, Kaecilius, Nico, Songbird, Wiccan, Karnak, Ms Marvel, Yondu, Hellstrum and Singularity. Probably Titania, Unless someone else is a better choice.

And yea, I t2 everyone I can, there's no reason not to.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

America, Crystal, Kaecilius, Hellstorm, and Ms Marvel are all solid and have their Shadowland uses for me at T2. Kaecilous is Blast Villain that does Physical damage which can be very situationally useful (and sometimes annoying since there's a lot of Combat Rumbles that reflect physical damage). Hellstorm is useful on those AVenom/Carnage stages. Crystal can take down a mixed female stage. America is good for a speed rumble. Ms Marvel good on Blast Relays or Rocket stages. I'd say Crystal is probably the best but they're all solid B- to B+ players in my book.

Hulkbuster is one of the Level 70 and 4/25 people so he might be worth it and might be a T3 in the works. I don't know how good his costume is and I don't think I've ever played with him, though.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

twistedmentat posted:

So my next ticket is going to go Star Lord, and I used todays on Sandman, but I'm not sure who to use the next one I get.

My options are America, Hulkbuster, Lizard, Titania, Crystal, Quake, Kaecilius, Nico, Songbird, Wiccan, Karnak, Ms Marvel, Yondu, Hellstrum and Singularity. Probably Titania, Unless someone else is a better choice.

And yea, I t2 everyone I can, there's no reason not to.

I used to try to do this but then they started releasing weird new systems that would require Whatever to proceed, so now I just try to work on chars that fit the current meta

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've gotten most of the "good" or better characters up to t2, I've whaled pretty hard on this game so I've gotten almost all the monthly bio characters done. So mostly I'm just looking for more SL clearers and making sure I have everyone a Villange Siege needs is available.

I didn't notice there was a uni sale on, grabbed the Thor and Glaive ones, that means the only IW costumes I lack are Hulkbuster and Groot.

Ooh looks like Ghost will be in the next update too.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jun 21, 2018

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

black dwarf is a massive hp sponge and is a pain to fight once you hit the teens

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

punchymcpunch posted:

black dwarf is a massive hp sponge and is a pain to fight once you hit the teens

Oh it was your birthday recently? Goongrats

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Maybe the real whales were the friends we made along the way

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
VIP level is your true age.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I'm debating whether or not to take advantage of the sale or hold onto crystals until the Ant-Man update. Really hoping they make Ultron good.

Uniforms I'm pondering: Ragnarok Hulk, Infinity War Black Widow, the belly shirt Elsa Bloodstone, maybe the Michael Keaton Vulture (although I prefer my Sinister Six classic), Killpanther, and maybe event the Satana costume, although I prefer her Thunderbolts look.

And just for aesthetics, She-Hulk and Daisy Johnson. Maybe Deathlok.

Anyone know anything about the Secret Wars Red Skull? Maybe getting a non-Nazi version of him will make me more inclined to play him. Because Nazis are a legit problem again and I hate them.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

So I'm debating whether or not to take advantage of the sale or hold onto crystals until the Ant-Man update. Really hoping they make Ultron good.

Uniforms I'm pondering: Ragnarok Hulk, Infinity War Black Widow, the belly shirt Elsa Bloodstone, maybe the Michael Keaton Vulture (although I prefer my Sinister Six classic), Killpanther, and maybe event the Satana costume, although I prefer her Thunderbolts look.

And just for aesthetics, She-Hulk and Daisy Johnson. Maybe Deathlok.

Anyone know anything about the Secret Wars Red Skull? Maybe getting a non-Nazi version of him will make me more inclined to play him. Because Nazis are a legit problem again and I hate them.

Just FYI that wasn't an Ultron costume in the teaser, apparently it is a Giant Man costume.

Satana costume is great, Hulk, Elsa and Vulture are all nice upgrades as well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Widows also makes her great. Hasn't gotten the love other IW costumes have but similar upgrade. But Santanas and Hulks also bump them to first or second tier for me.

Fried Sushi posted:

Just FYI that wasn't an Ultron costume in the teaser, apparently it is a Giant Man costume.

My understanding is that at some point recently in the comics Hank and Ultron merge so that's probably a costume for Hank/Giant Manaforts that turns him into an Ultron villain. Could be good.

We've been teased Ghost and Nadia/Hope so thats two new characters. We're definitely gonna get an Ant Man costume. And there's movie rumors of Goliath and Egghead but they seem like reaches.

And maybe a new Janet/Wasp costume? But they put the old Ant Man/Giant Man costumes on clearance but not Wasp so probably not.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Yeah just T2'ed Auntman because I hope that the new costume kicks rear end. Wasp needs an upgrade too so she steps out from just being utility.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't belive they won't release a movie Wasp costume.

Though maybe it's a Nadia costume?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think we're all assuming that Nadia gets a costume that turns her into MCU Hope. Kind of similar to Shuri and Killmonger. It makes sense with them dropping the "Hope" tease in the Nadia tease. That seems to make more sense than turning Janet into Hope considering Janet is in the MCU.

Maybe we get a separate Janet/Wasp costume upgrade but I'm doubtful. Maybe they'll do some Hank and Janet MCU flashback scene in the movie or something. Or maybe they do more comic stuff since Nadia and Ultron seem that? Who knows?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Doe anyone else always have Tier 2 tickets show up in their daily loot, but its not actually there? That drives me nuts because I keep thinking one day it will mess up and give me another.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it tells me that every day. Its the last reward in that 2 month Anniversary login but for some reason it doesn't seem to know its finished. And oddly I think it keeps going for another month or something.

Hopefully they fix that on the AntMan/Wasp update.

DankRhymer
Apr 21, 2003
Grizzlier than your average pirate
Applied to Doctor Goons. In game name is DoctorFartz so I figured it was an appropriate selection.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

So who are the new T3's? I'm not enough of a nerd to understand these sneaky peets

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, it tells me that every day. Its the last reward in that 2 month Anniversary login but for some reason it doesn't seem to know its finished. And oddly I think it keeps going for another month or something.

Hopefully they fix that on the AntMan/Wasp update.

Hopefully, its really annoying. I am glad I finally have a shop where the bios are actually worth getting for once. Giant Man is one of the few I don't have t2'd.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have to T2 Giant Man but I already have him at 4/20+150. I just need to get 100 Chaos Stones or use one of my stashed T2 tickets. I'll probably get the Chaos Stones before the update and there's no one else I'm looking to T2 so whatever.

I actually think I'm gonna use the event tokens on BAM since I cleared out most of my stash on the Level 70 people. Then I guess the rest on Chaos Stones. I don't really need Wasp or Giant Man bios unless I want to save for costumes. Which I guess maybe I should but whatever. Can run Dimension Rifts or use Shadowland bios.

thechalkoutline posted:

So who are the new T3's? I'm not enough of a nerd to understand these sneaky peets

There;s been no real hint of a T3 like there were with Cap, Iron Man, and Spidey. Its possible that the ones who get upgraded will get the Level 70/4/25 upgrade that prepares them for T3, though, as all the Infinity War characters got that. That might be the new standard going forward but we'll have to wait and see. The teased people for this update would be Ant-Man, Wasp, and Giant Man. And MAYBE Ultron?

edit: Oh, MY BAD! I missed the new one which plainly says "T3."
http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=2227&id=1185928

The tank keychain is a thing from the first Ant-Man movie so he's probably getting T3ed. I'm not sure what the symbol is. It looks like one of the Asgardian things? Maybe Thor?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 26, 2018

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

reddit says its some asgard thing yeah

so

T3 VOLSTAGGGGGGGGGG

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

freakin sweet, I just did a level 20 black dwarf WBU and got 27 cosmic cube fragments, a titan record, and a blue booty chest with a 6 star fully awakened iso-8

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1012168709882855424

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

fart simpson posted:

freakin sweet, I just did a level 20 black dwarf WBU and got 27 cosmic cube fragments, a titan record, and a blue booty chest with a 6 star fully awakened iso-8

:vince:

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I'm a little annoyed that Titan's Records are inventory capped at 10, which is where my Blast books are at. I've been trying to get Scarlet Witch to 60 and now can't do any Black Dwarf fights until I get Iron Man to 70. Already sitting at 8 for the Combat books as well. So much for stockpiling for future T3 releases.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
At the rate I'm getting cosmic cube fragments, I'll have enough for a single T3 sometime around Infinity War part 2

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't worry too much about the Titan Book caps. I'm capped on Blast so I rarely choose to play Dwarf since I can get more from Proxima and Corvus, but if its his bonus day I go ahead and play him for the potential extra other stuff. Cosmic Cube Fragments are the real thing you need to farm, stashing the other stuff can help in working up gear, and worst case scenario you're missing out on like 1 or 2 books in a day with the cap.

But yeah, the cap feels a little artificial and unnecessary. But so does the Phoenix Feather one that constantly maxes out. So I dunno what the criteria.

Plus I can clear 19 for Proxima and Corvus but still can't get past 17 for Dwarf. So it works itself out for me.

edit: I just got my first ever gold cost special item in the mission shop.

Its 30 m'kraan crystals for 480K, so gently caress that. But I didn't know there were any prizes that didn't cost crystals.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 28, 2018

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

STAC Goat posted:

I don't worry too much about the Titan Book caps. I'm capped on Blast so I rarely choose to play Dwarf since I can get more from Proxima and Corvus, but if its his bonus day I go ahead and play him for the potential extra other stuff. Cosmic Cube Fragments are the real thing you need to farm, stashing the other stuff can help in working up gear, and worst case scenario you're missing out on like 1 or 2 books in a day with the cap.

But yeah, the cap feels a little artificial and unnecessary. But so does the Phoenix Feather one that constantly maxes out. So I dunno what the criteria.

Plus I can clear 19 for Proxima and Corvus but still can't get past 17 for Dwarf. So it works itself out for me.

edit: I just got my first ever gold cost special item in the mission shop.

Its 30 m'kraan crystals for 480K, so gently caress that. But I didn't know there were any prizes that didn't cost crystals.

I got 3 Blue Nova bios for like 500k in there once. I bought it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Benthalus posted:

I'm a little annoyed that Titan's Records are inventory capped at 10, which is where my Blast books are at. I've been trying to get Scarlet Witch to 60 and now can't do any Black Dwarf fights until I get Iron Man to 70. Already sitting at 8 for the Combat books as well. So much for stockpiling for future T3 releases.

dont worry about books, cube fragments are the bottleneck.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd still rather put my resources into leveling up native t2, I only have Glaive, Supergiant, Apoc and Odin left to do, and halfway though Black Dwarf, than work on T3ing people. Though they'll probably put some content in the game in the future that you can only complete at t3.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

id rather have a t3 than all of those guys put together

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think right now the T3s help me more. Like Cap put him over the top so he could solo a Proxima or Corvus 19. Spidey might do the same. Iron Man might help with Black Dwarf. Who knows who the next ones coming are or which bosses will open up? (If Thor is getting T3ed someone has to open up for Universal Titan Books.)

I could theoretically use some of the native T2 villains for Shadowland, but I have no real problem with SL these days. WBU is really my hill right now and the T3 heroes seem most useful there.

But I gotta restock BAM either way. And I'm nowhere near 800 fragments.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Maybe you're right. I could at least get Cap to t3 as he seems to be the one that is most improved by it.

Heh, also had enough mats on hand to get cap to t3 level. Thank god it doesn't need GUKS. Just monies, which I mean, I get a few million from coop daily, so its just a slow process.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 29, 2018

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

You can tell who doesn't have a T3 yet by whether they complain about books or not. :hehe:

I have a T3 Cap and I'll probably have 10 of each book before I get another 800 fragments.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I hate leveling up these natural T2s. poo poo-tons of gold to get enough BAM fusion. I've still got Wanda at only 4 stars because it's daunting and crappy and slow. I'm groaning at the thought of having to do it for the rest of the Black Order and eventually Apocalypse.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wanda's worth it. She's become my #1 player with WBU. I can wipe Corvus 19 off with her without even really having to dodge any of his poo poo or giving her any bonus allies. She's just an absolute monster.

But yeah, I don't know if the numbers add up but the native T2s feel like more of a drain than the T3s with all the BAM fusing. Like I said I think I'm just "meh" with the villains left though since they don't seem to help with WBU. Except maybe Maw eventually for his costume help.

Zokari posted:

You can tell who doesn't have a T3 yet by whether they complain about books or not. :hehe:

I have a T3 Cap and I'll probably have 10 of each book before I get another 800 fragments.

Yeah, I'm at like 5/10/6 with them right now. By the time I get 10 of all three either there will be Universal books to collect or I'll have the 800.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fart simpson posted:

I got 3 Blue Nova bios for like 500k in there once. I bought it.

I meant Blue Marvel. Sorry for the confusion folks and thanks for reading!