Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

qkkl posted:

If the MSM blasted video of starving Yemeni children non-stop then the US public would also be calling for ending US support of the complete blockade of Yemen.

I'd like to believe you but, as the past few days have shown, the MSM can show children on US soil being kidnapped and put in cages by Nazis and most of the US public actively supports this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Fartbox posted:

America number one gently caress yeah! This is in the name of freedom and democracy! :911:

We need to bomb more not less!

Please get it right, they're called "Freedom Seeds".

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I eat rear end posted:

You put too much faith in people in general. A sizeable portion would just handwave it away as "not our problem" regardless of the coverage.

True, the MSM would also have to provide lots of coverage on the amount of money US taxpayers are paying to starve Yemeni children. A foolproof way to get Americans to drop support for something is to to make them feel bad emotionally and financially.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

qkkl posted:

True, the MSM would also have to provide lots of coverage on the amount of money US taxpayers are paying to starve Yemeni children. A foolproof way to get Americans to drop support for something is to to make them feel bad emotionally and financially.

It’s more a good way to build support for yet another $716 billion dollar defense budget than anything.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Prester Jane posted:

So we literally just announced that all the separated children are now orphans: https://mobile.twitter.com/aflores/...2549%23lastpost

This post from D&D sums it up pretty well:

It's not enough that this has to be stopped. The people responsible for this need to be prosecuted, subjected to the harshest punishments (like a poor person would) and ostracized.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

lol if you think ICE agents are getting anything other than medals for torturing children

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
starting to feel its time to wrap the thread up since its not really funny anymore

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
ICE agents should die in agony imo

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

You soft dicked soyboys aint heard the full story. Bunch of coddling pussies over here

those kids were uppity... they gave the guards attitude! Probably questioned being imprisoned... little shits shouldnt start nothing when theyre guests in the greatest country

beat those thugs up!! its the only language they understand. put the fear of god in em i say

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I know it's fun to poo poo on us because we're down right now, but there are a lot of other people currently following America's foray into insanity. Europe is still selling weapons to Yemenis, the incoming Syrian refugees are fueling the rise of the radical right, and Israel is gunning down protesting Palestinians. Hell, it happened before when Dubya came to power (unless you guys have forgotten Chirac, Sharon, Blair blindly following Dubya, Harper, and that Merkel replaced Schroder). Laugh at us, but learn from us. Else we'll be lolling at you as you join us in hell.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

starting to feel its time to wrap the thread up since its not really funny anymore

it's all fun and games until the guy who promised to commit genocide actually starts committing genocide.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Jose posted:

Yeah it's getting kinda hard to laugh at things these days.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Jose posted:

Change the title maybe? The thread is cathartic since it gives me a way to vent and talk with people about the shitshow that US politics has become.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

bloom posted:

Yeah it's getting kinda hard to laugh at things these days.

Nah, it's been that way from day one.
Trump's the goofy guy who gets real people killed. You know, like Bush.

And pretty much every leader ever.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Most of our leaders arent 70 year old reality tv star clowns who sell bad steaks

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

It pays to remember that during the war German families would grass on their neighbours for having (or believing them to have) pro-Jewish attitudes. Also, it's been said that ordinary Germans were aware of Holocaust atrocities.

Separating children from parents only feels wrong if you believe that they are humans to begin with. And even if you do accept they are human, you might be conditioned to believe they deserve sub-human treatment because of imagined ills they are visiting upon your nation, and on you. Every immigrant - refugee or otherwise - is very deliberately painted by those with a vested interest to be after your jobs, or your women, etc. It's all part of a sustained dehumanising campaign by the likes of Fox News that sadly many millions of people swallow without any further retrospection.

I think people imagine the whole Nazi rise to power and how it corrupted and mobilised many millions of ordinary, previously moderate Germans into participation in or dimissal of abhorrent human rights abuses as some kind of unique event in history, never to be repeated. We're seeing today how it works, and naively think we're too enlightened for it to be the exact same thing.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Jose posted:

The Trump WITCH HUNT NO COLLUSION tweets are still bigly lol as are CHUDs self-owning like the guy in the armoured vehicle that blocked off a highway, plus the Starburst thing.

Maybe the kidnapping and torture of children conversations need to go to another thread because they are not lolworthy and make me extremely sad and angry.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Speaking of extremely sad and angry.

https://twitter.com/reveal/status/1009479961059647488
https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/1009479030696042497

I agree with Jose in principle because this thread has definitely gone off the funny rails with this latest horror show. However it's not really reasonable to expect people not to talk about it and the threads specifically about this topic got gassed because apparently "child concentration camps are bad" is a controversial topic or something.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1009644987544408064

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

ALL-TIME RECORD OPTIMISM! will be the name of my next grindcore band

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Chinatown posted:

because remember, right before a major financial and economic meltdown, optimism is super low

wait, errr, maybe its the opposite???...

It's getting lost in the horror show of everything else that's going on, but the de-regulation that is happening under this administration is similar to what happened that lead to the 2008 financial crisis. Instead of sub-prime mortgages, this time it's corporate debt. Eventually it will collapse.

Edit: you know what, you're right, this poo poo isn't that funny any more

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
How the gently caress are you all not ripping cops limb from limb in the street? Your government is stealing children. Why are they keeping the kids forever? Fuckibg give them back you ghouls. Deporting them with their families is better than that you cunts. Yes I know this is a loving mcdonald's drive thru.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

https://twitter.com/SamGrittner/status/1009517155187032065?s=19

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Grape posted:

Conservative black people would have incredible erections over being the token black guy, because feeling they're better than "the rest" is why they're conservative to begin with.

oh man let me tell you how dead on you are.
You think white conservatism is hypocritical? these are the people who literally vote against their well being

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
What're the odds all these "orphaned" children that are supposedly going to be "adopted" are actually just going to be kept in secret camps so rich old white fucks can harvest their organs?

I'm guessing this is already happening.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

bloom posted:

Speaking of extremely sad and angry.

https://twitter.com/reveal/status/1009479961059647488
https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/1009479030696042497

I agree with Jose in principle because this thread has definitely gone off the funny rails with this latest horror show. However it's not really reasonable to expect people not to talk about it and the threads specifically about this topic got gassed because apparently "child concentration camps are bad" is a controversial topic or something.

Keep the government out of families*!

*Unless those families happen to be immigrants illegally coming to the country

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Donald Womp.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

this all reads like it was lifted verbatim from the Handmaids Tale

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Jose posted:

sometimes this thread helps keep me sane plz don't gas

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

communism bitch posted:

What're the odds all these "orphaned" children that are supposedly going to be "adopted" are actually just going to be kept in secret camps so rich old white fucks can harvest their organs?

I'm guessing this is already happening.

peter thiel has to get his blood from somewhere

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Old lols in the hope of lifting up the spirit of this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Zdx97A63s

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

g0lbez posted:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

coming soon to Trumpy Burgers: tender "chicken" nuggets

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Not sure if already posted but....

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/trump-baby

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bogus Adventure posted:

Chirac blindly following Dubya

The gently caress you're talking about

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

AkumaHokoru posted:

oh man let me tell you how dead on you are.
You think white conservatism is hypocritical? these are the people who literally vote against their well being

lol if you think someone like Candace Owens actually believes the bullshit she peddles.

She (intelligently) knew she would be making peanuts as a black woman liberal figurehead so she went full chud for the $$$$$. See also: Stacy Dash after her movie career fizzled

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

g0lbez posted:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Don't close the thread jfc

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mr.Tophat posted:

You should tell the police where to find him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBjNpZ5t9S4&t=64s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Now we know why the government was shutting down those child trafficking rings. Gotta kill the competition first if you want to run your own child sex trafficking.

The guns really are in the hands of the wrong people.