Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahaha they're making Jason even more of an edgelord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yanick Paquette on Action Comics.
James Robinson 'guest-writes' (not ongoing) Detective Comics after the Black Lightning arc.
Seven Soldiers in Sideways (Morrison still not co-writing. If he was going to at all, it'd be here.)

Nothing much else to report.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 18, 2018

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Sideways any good?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

James Robinson 'guest-writes' (not ongoing) Detective Comics after the Black Lightning arc.
Seven Soldiers in Sideways (Morrison still not co-writing. If he was going to at all, it'd be here.)

Nothing much else to report.

Who's Blue Spider-Man front and center?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Looks like Captain Boomerang cosplaying Grendel or something

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Who's Blue Spider-Man front and center?

Sideways

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I don't know who that is.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Faux-Spider-Man, Sideways was introduced months ago along with faux-Hulk, Damage, faux-Punisher, Silencer and faux-Fantastic Four,The Terrifics, ya under-rock dwellers.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Onmi posted:

As in since Kirby?

Yes

Edit: Reading Kirby's original 4th world makes me dismayed he never finished the epic. It also makes me dislike Final Crisis even more.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 18, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fauxtastic Four was right there in front of you and you didn't jump on it?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Reading Kirby's original 4th world makes me dismayed he never finished the epic.

Wasn't the Hunger Dogs graphic novel his ending? I haven't gotten to it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Wasn't the Hunger Dogs graphic novel his ending? I haven't gotten to it.

Yeah, but it doesn't feel like Kirby's original planned ending.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Rhyno posted:

Fauxtastic Four was right there in front of you and you didn't jump on it?

Fantastic Faux-r

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

It's not a story so much as a subplot. The whole concept of JL3K was that the "heroes" are just abilities and personalities (and not necessarily whole personalities, for example Superman's a total prick and Wonder Woman is a rage machine) of old heroes implanted into new bodies. So they stuck Guy into a woman's body because they were out of bodies. So the result is an already vague facsimile of Guy Gardner stuck in a female body, and then as time goes on the host body's personality starts to reassert itself and make things really weird for everybody in mid fight.

Of course, none of this makes the story okay, and it really is just Giffen & DeMatteis wanting to write their old complete jackass Guy from JLI but with a gimmick of "he's a lady now, ba dum tssh"

And honestly the whole 'the host's personality is bleeding through' felt like a rapid and sloppy attempt to course-correct after they got poo poo for the first few issues she appeared in.

The book was generally really good though, and has one of my absolute favourite Flash moments: The League are outmatched by an army of what are basically Amazos, and they can't come up with a counter strategy because even if they do defeat one, it's either utterly wrecked, or self-destructs. Their resident super-science person, Teri Magnus laments that she'd need to examine every inch of one while it was active, basically scour it with a microscope in a nanosecond... "Good thing I'm the Flash... The fastest woman alive..." :hellyeah:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
What ever happened to the chick that shrank 3000 GL?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Did that story ever get an ending? Specifically, I started following JL 3000 when Beetle and Booster woke up in the future, but then they seemed to be written out completely in favor of the new female team, and I don't know if they ever showed up again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I need to follow up on this because if you were curious as to what his first ring construct would be we now know: he makes a giant green dick to hit Atrocitus with. After kicking Dex-Starr

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/06/exclusive-sam-kieth-returns-in-batmanthe-maxx-arkh.html
:)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm having a nightmare.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/1009176065766375424
https://twitter.com/kellysue/status/1009190038863732736

We're close to these new team announcements.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 19, 2018

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I mean, this was announced a few months ago (A Black Label Wonder Woman series) but KSD has been rumored to be taking over Aquaman for a few months too.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I assume those just squirreling away on the OGNs don't really need to attend writers summits.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Open Marriage Night posted:

Sideways any good?

Yes, though it's been pretty standard in storytelling so far, a nice take on modernity but nothing genre breaking. One surprise, I think, but it was more the severity than the act itself. We're like a third through the rising action.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

BC is saying that the next two solicited issues of Marv Wolfman's Cyborg have been cancelled and the series will cut off at this month's cliffhanger.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/20/cyborg-23-24-25-cancelled/

Seems true since Comixology doesn't have #24 and #25 up for pre-order.
https://www.comixology.com/Cyborg-2016/comics-series/76488

edit: I suppose they'd save them for the collection.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 21, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Teenage Fansub posted:

BC is saying that the next two solicited issues of Marv Wolfman's Cyborg have been cancelled and the series will cut off at this month's cliffhanger.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/20/cyborg-23-24-25-cancelled/

Seems true since Comixology doesn't have #24 and #25 up for pre-order.
https://www.comixology.com/Cyborg-2016/comics-series/76488

This seems strange. Why is this happening?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Covok posted:

Why is this happening?

It's their worst selling mainline comic. Next lowest, New Super-Man, beats it by over 1k issues.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
Man the comic industry is brutal. "Why don't you try new things? Why is this new thing not like this old thing? Why are you just giving us the same old thing?"

I like that they're splitting the Teen Titans and Titans, not exactly a new thing but the teams seem more appropriate for the ages (with teenagers being in the Teen Titans and not-teenagers being in the Titans). Now just have to wait for Arsenal to fall in love, be betrayed, and start doing drugs again.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
to be fair "marv wolfman writing cyborg" is like the opposite of a new thing

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This sucks man

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Roth posted:

This sucks man

"In my eyes they are all the same." -Noted resonable centrist, Jason "The Red Hood" Todd.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Roth posted:

This sucks man

"We live in a society"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Thank God comic books are finally taking a stand against feminism!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Guessing that’s this week’s wedding prelude? Red Hood and Anarky sure aren’t my favourite things, but I was hoping for the best. I’ve been enjoying these things so far.

Loved Batman this week. I was wondering how this works with Joker being on the Legion of Doom, but he was missing from this week’s JL issue. Maybe Tom and Scott planned that.

JL was still all up in cosmic mystery forces nonsense. Obviously Snyder loves that, so I’ll try to get over it.
Lots of good ridiculous fun like all the people injecting themselves into Superman’s blood to travel across a barrier safely.
Jorge Jimenez is amazing as per usual.
Are we supposed to assume who that baby is? Any clue?

Enjoyed MoS for a big fighting issue. Loved Kevin Magure and his dumb lookin Hal.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 21, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m trying to play catch up on DC but when did Luther switched back to evil?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m trying to play catch up on DC but when did Luther switched back to evil?

I don't think it's happened on panel yet. He was "good" in Action and he's not really evil in No Justice...but he's not as good as he was in Action.

I haven't read JL #2 yet, but from issue 1 it seems like we don't know his true motives yet.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

pubic works project posted:

I don't think it's happened on panel yet. He was "good" in Action and he's not really evil in No Justice...but he's not as good as he was in Action.

I haven't read JL #2 yet, but from issue 1 it seems like we don't know his true motives yet.

Following Superman blowing up his spot as messiah to the oppressed people of Apokolips in Imperius Lex (Superman #33 through #36), Luthor renounces the Superman crest and that kicks off his turn into being his usual dickish self.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I'm all for the cosmic mystery mumbo jumbo. I've been waiting years upon years for them to crack open the Source Wall. Let's get weird.

I think it's interesting that lantern powers from beyond the wall entail light 'colors' that humans can't see with the naked eye, just like all the other weird poo poo bouncing around in the deepest space.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 21, 2018

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I never knew an issue of Catwoman and Joker talking to each other while trying not to bleed out could be so good.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

pubic works project posted:

He was "good" in Action and he's not really evil in No Justice...but he's not as good as he was in Action.

No Justice likely gave him the inspiration to turn his back on the heroes. He's basically been about not trusting them to lead humanity since the beginning, and with Dark Nights then No Justice we see the bad sides of letting them be such important figures (alternate world versions of heroes come to wreck our world, and our world heroes wreck the universe trying to stop them). Then finding out that the heroes have been hiding the fact that the universe is going to be dead soon (because of what they did) probably didn't sit well with him.

It's possible one of the things he's remembered is Final Crisis. No one seems to have really reacted to the fact that the universe was destroyed and rebuilt (by Superman of all people). If he's found the truth, it's probably not something Lex really appreciates. Especially since it's clearly flawed (letting the dark multiverse in, then dying).

Blockhouse posted:

to be fair "marv wolfman writing cyborg" is like the opposite of a new thing

That's just it, the old things aren't exactly reliable sells either. Though Cyborg doesn't strike me as having ever sold spectacularly.

Dark Prince Charming was fantastic, I'm hoping for more.

nofather fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dishwasher posted:

I'm all for the cosmic mystery mumbo jumbo. I've been waiting years upon years for them to crack open the Source Wall. Let's get weird.

I think it's interesting that lantern powers from beyond the wall entail light 'colors' that humans can't see with the naked eye, just like all the other weird poo poo bouncing around in the deepest space.

That makes sense, though fuckall luck tying them to the emotional spectrum. What GL # is that from??