Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Now a CM for Univer Mission 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Nz5_wtvWE

And turns out King Cold will actually have a role in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
"What's up, Trunks?! I've got a sword now too, bitch!"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Boy they sure are pushing this "Is Fu evil??" thing in the PVs even though we already know the answer to that question

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blockhouse posted:

Boy they sure are pushing this "Is Fu evil??" thing in the PVs even though we already know the answer to that question

They really don't want you to know Xenoverse 2's DLC story, I guess.

Also countdown for Golden Cold, now it has to happen. And Cumber seems untransformed so he'll likely get a Super Saiyan form or two soon enough.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

They really don't want you to know Xenoverse 2's DLC story, I guess.

Also, the countdown for Golden Cold, now it has to happen. And Cumber seems untransformed so he'll likely get a Super Saiyan form or two soon enough.

I want Cumber to go SSJ4, he's halfway there anyway. :v:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Cold is definitely gonna get a final form like Freeza...and THEN a golden form.

I like that we know so little about King Cold that single moments are stretched to fill his entire personality. He wanted to see Trunk’s sword? Guess he must use swords all the time. Him having several more forms also barely makes sense given what we know but what else can you do with such a minor characater?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Judging by his aura he's gonna go super saiyan purple.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://twitter.com/DBReduxTDC/status/1009781730553876481

NO

IT CAN'T BE

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Wait, is that a scar on Cumber's cheek?

Clearly he's a time displaced Bardock.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

who

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A friend of mine actually thought he was a Super Saiyan 4, I had to point out that he lacks chest hair and eye marks. His hair is very SS4-ish, and it's not impossible he'd get the form seeing how Goku: Xeno has his own so this is the first anime production with both Blue and 4 in it.

The manga showed in shadows who owned every Dragon Ball needed to escape the Prison Planet. Someone on Kanzenshuu pointed out one of the shadows was identical to Ozotto.

I didn't believe. I thought that that character was too obscure even for Heroes. I was wrong.

He is here, returned from the abyss of one-shot appearances in games that never left Japan, like Hatchiyack before him.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

You know!

The greatest Dragonball character ever created!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is the game all we have now until the movie? Can the anime come back already

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RBX posted:

Well, there's manga Super, even if it isn't quite as good. Beyond that, we have the Heroes anime soon although it'll likely be short and barely animated, as well as updates on Xenoverse 2 and FighterZ.

There's a lot of DB. I want the movie now too though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RBX posted:

Gegege no Kitaro has been so good I don't want it to end for more Dragonball

I rather they stick to putting out movies whenever they have a good idea instead of another year long arc where maybe half of it was actually interesting

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

You know!

The greatest Dragonball character ever created!

My old office had a MAME arcade machine set up by IT and that game was on it. It is not easy.. Clever design, though. Never seen another game quite like it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blockhouse posted:

Gegege no Kitaro has been so good I don't want it to end for more Dragonball

I rather they stick to putting out movies whenever they have a good idea instead of another year long arc where maybe half of it was actually interesting

Nah. It may have had some bad episodes but from Black onwards watching Super was a lot of fun and something I looked forward to every week, something not many series have gotten from me. I'd love to have that feeling again and I hope it happens soon.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

watch the dub?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

My Hero Academia is pretty great. You could watch that. Everyone should watch that. Plus, the "Superman" character of the show is voiced by Chris Sabbat in the dub version, so he sounds like Piccolo pretending to be Great Saiyaman.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah I already watch that. But Dragon Ball wise this Heroes game is literally what people that don't like DB say it is

What I'm saying is we need a DB Sagas 2 with Bio Broly and Kanba fighting Shallot the main character.

RBX fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 22, 2018

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Heroes is exactly the kind of stuff we came up with when were twelve and DBZ was the coolest thing in the world, and for that it will always be awesome.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This made me think, why don't they copy Jojo and just every so often start over and make a whole new story but still Dragon Ball. Hell we already have all these universes.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Considering the lengths they go to make everything about Goku, they probably don't do that out of fear people wouldn't like it. I could see something like that working the US (I don't know how much Latin America likes Goku in particular), but Japan's really attached to him so who really knows. They've dipped their toes into it with things like Xenoverse and Fusions though, so maybe they'll try it again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is db heroes like a phone game or what

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

is db heroes like a phone game or what

It's an arcade game.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I thought it was something like The Idolmaster (where there's a tangible collectable like cards along with the arcade machine) but with Gokus.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

mycot posted:

I thought it was something like The Idolmaster (where there's a tangible collectable like cards along with the arcade machine) but with Gokus.

Correct.

https://twitter.com/SpritXeno/status/1008589772703465472

In Movie News

https://twitter.com/herms98/status/1010018387714457600?s=21

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

My buddy was stationed in Japan and brought me back a shitload of cards, they're on thick cardstock and are well designed and nice to look at. One day I'm going to get them framed somehow.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

RBX posted:

This made me think, why don't they copy Jojo and just every so often start over and make a whole new story but still Dragon Ball. Hell we already have all these universes.

Momomo posted:

Considering the lengths they go to make everything about Goku, they probably don't do that out of fear people wouldn't like it. I could see something like that working the US (I don't know how much Latin America likes Goku in particular), but Japan's really attached to him so who really knows. They've dipped their toes into it with things like Xenoverse and Fusions though, so maybe they'll try it again.

DB: Evolution was an attempt at rebooting/Amercanizing the franchise. It basically did everything wrong, but even beyond that I don't think any reboot could really capture the lightning in a bottle. Dragonball as a franchise grew from Akira Toriyama's humor and adventure manga into an anime, movie, and video game franchise that's basically a bunch of Thanoses from Infinity War punching each other. It's a weird beast.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://www.fathomevents.com/collections/dragon-ball-z

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

This is aggresively not news. Did this magazine just have nothing to say or were people really clamoring for a fashion breakdown?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the coats are badass

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

HitTheTargets posted:

DB: Evolution was an attempt at rebooting/Amercanizing the franchise. It basically did everything wrong, but even beyond that I don't think any reboot could really capture the lightning in a bottle. Dragonball as a franchise grew from Akira Toriyama's humor and adventure manga into an anime, movie, and video game franchise that's basically a bunch of Thanoses from Infinity War punching each other. It's a weird beast.

Nah not a reboot, a new story in the same universe. How Jojo works is basically every main character is related and that's all. Each one is new and different from the last. The only way it wouldn't work is Toriyama is lazy or the fanbase is really that bad.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Yep, I'm going to each of these. Awesome remastered dub? Yes please.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Do they really need to re-dub the movies? I remember them being well-done and accurate.

The Bardock special may be a different case, that one changed the names of Bardock's crew for some reason and I can never keep them straight.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

RBX posted:

Nah not a reboot, a new story in the same universe. How Jojo works is basically every main character is related and that's all. Each one is new and different from the last. The only way it wouldn't work is Toriyama is lazy or the fanbase is really that bad.

There's just no way DB can work in the eyes of the fanbase without Goku and Vegeta.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They better keep the Pantera soundtrack!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

RBX posted:

Ah, I thought you meant Steel Ball Run.

But yes, I agree that post-Cell Gohan should've kept the spotlight even if they were going to bring back Goku. At least through the end of DBZ; Super I could go either way on.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
First time ever watching BoG, I am totally on board the Pilaf gang's near religious fear of Goku and Bulma

Edit: wtf did Videl really get shot

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I feel like Beerus was on a razor edge between being the good fun character he is and an obnoxious lovely character nobody liked