Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

Female proxy for this guy spotted

mildly/borderline :nws: https://shop.celestialgame.com/products/jingwei

This line would actually be pretty cool if it weren't 2/3s pinup style models.

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

The Moon Monster posted:

Female proxy for this guy spotted

mildly/borderline :nws: https://shop.celestialgame.com/products/jingwei

This line would actually be pretty cool if it weren't 2/3s pinup style models.

How many companies are knocking off Kingdom Death's "mutilated anime women" line these days?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

grassy gnoll posted:

That's from a pilot for The Amazing Screw-on Head, and it's about as Western as you can get. They never made a full series out of it, and that's a shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbsDvGtTRWU
God speed screw on moola

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Improbable Lobster posted:

How many companies are knocking off Kingdom Death's "mutilated anime women" line these days?

I mean it prints money for some reason.

During the Shadows of Brimstone Forbidden Fortress kickstarter people kept going on and on about how much better Kingdom Death Monsters was and how it's upcoming kickstarter would ruin SoB because it's a mature game for mature gamers like how Game of Thrones is for mature adults.

The game sounds like it could be fun to play on paper but then I look at the miniatures and I'm apparently not a mature adult because I just nope right out

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Len posted:

I know you know this, but the reason is that there are plenty of thirsty nerd perverts out there.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Len posted:

During the Shadows of Brimstone Forbidden Fortress kickstarter people kept going on and on about how much better Kingdom Death Monsters was and how it's upcoming kickstarter would ruin SoB because it's a mature game for mature gamers like how Game of Thrones is for mature adults.

The game sounds like it could be fun to play on paper but then I look at the miniatures and I'm apparently not a mature adult because I just nope right out

and here i am still waiting for anything from forbidden fortress

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Hustlin Floh posted:

I know you know this, but the reason is that there are plenty of thirsty nerd perverts out there.

I want to believe it's because it's a really good game and they're spending hundreds to enjoy solid mechanics. Let me have this.

Edit: I know I want Forbidden Fortress to show up already :( I pledged because despite not getting to play enough SoB I really enjoy playing it. And mixing cowboys and samurai while fighting lovecraftian horrors from beyond is very much my jam. I just need something to better manage the millions of cards. They need a drat companion app

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
oh theyre enjoying solid mechanics alright

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Len posted:

I want to believe it's because it's a really good game and they're spending hundreds to enjoy solid mechanics. Let me have this.

Edit: I know I want Forbidden Fortress to show up already :( I pledged because despite not getting to play enough SoB I really enjoy playing it. And mixing cowboys and samurai while fighting lovecraftian horrors from beyond is very much my jam. I just need something to better manage the millions of cards. They need a drat companion app

Kingdom Death has some great ideas ruined by horrible (both in terms of gameplay and random tits) bits to it. 1.5 cleaned up *some* of the issues. Dark Souls being a lovely version of it is a shame. Really it is game console logic: you pay 500 bucks for a boardgame and you are going to justify any faults in the game. You still have to look at a naked man kneeling in blood whenever you roll on the brain damage table. So that's fun.

Frankly I'm hoping Seventh Cross from Level 99 (coming later this year maybe?) knocks the "explore and fight a cool automated boss" genre out of the park. As it is, Gloomhaven is a Kingdom Death killer in some ways.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

grassy gnoll posted:

That's from a pilot for The Amazing Screw-on Head, and it's about as Western as you can get. They never made a full series out of it, and that's a shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbsDvGtTRWU

I remembered it as an anime thing. Guess I was wrong on the source. But here's the quote I was thinking of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHLw2lyLnA8

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Foolster41 posted:

Holy crap did my one post cause a derail. From other posts, I thought "don't give GW money" wasn't even that edgy/controversial a statement, considering their overpriced miniatures and bad business practices. But, OK.

You just sound like somebody dug you out of the death thread and reanimated you.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I bought a Chaos Sorcerer the other day from a GW store

am I cool now?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Moola posted:

I bought a Chaos Sorcerer the other day from a GW store

am I cool now?

You are the devil that is killing the industry

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
this hobby deserves to die so kudos

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

working mom posted:

You are the devil that is killing the industry

wait I thought I was saving it?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Moola posted:

wait I thought I was saving it?

I'm not sure anymore

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Saving it if you immediately assembled it, painted it with GW-branded paints, and hooped it, killing it if you didn't.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Couple of Demons I spotted the other day with questionable design choices. These are made by Creature Caster who have some pretty great looking not-greater demons on their site, and some thread worthy stuff. All of which is very well sculpted with great paint jobs.

Starting with the less questionable, the Lady of Strife. Its a female bloodthirster type thing with two points I keep coming back to. Why did they have to paint her boobs exposed like that when it could have easily been painted as armour? Yeah, ok, we all know why but still. The other thing though, why does she have a little grabby hand between her legs?

SlightlyNSFWhttps://imgur.com/LbICpSjSlightlyNSFW

Then we have the 'Lady of Depravity'. Because you can never have enough boob.

ReallyNSFW!https://imgur.com/4rnMs5AReallyNSFW!

Oh and they do a tree lady.

https://imgur.com/DeILuxb

Full catalog is here:

https://www.creaturecaster.com/collections/complete-catalog

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
TBF Lady of Depravity is just taking design cues from official GW stuff.

It would be real cool if Creature Caster also offered less horny versions of those models in addition to the explicit ones.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Why does the tree lady have tits? I want a lore specific reason for her having big ol boobs

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
burls?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
That Lady of Depravity made me think of the :nws:Wererat matriarch from Reaper miniatures:nws: (Sorry, can't find a painted version anywhere. The only picture of it painted is the back)

I did consider getting it for a moment, because i'd been building a rat themed army (for a game I'm designing), but I thought against it because of it being against good taste.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Foolster41 posted:

That Lady of Depravity made me think of the :nws:Wererat matriarch from Reaper miniatures:nws: (Sorry, can't find a painted version anywhere. The only picture of it painted is the back)

I did consider getting it for a moment, because i'd been building a rat themed army (for a game I'm designing), but I thought against it because of it being against good taste.

:nws::nws::nws:It reminds me of this one by Dark Sword:nws::nws::nws:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Unless I'm missing something that pug is move covered than 90% of fantasy ladies

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Len posted:

Why does the tree lady have tits? I want a lore specific reason for her having big ol boobs

Pretty sure she's meant to be a giant Dryad, which in general fantasy terms means sexy tree lady.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
To be fair they dud capture the look of joy in the reference image pug really well!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Zark the Damned posted:

Pretty sure she's meant to be a giant Dryad, which in general fantasy terms means sexy tree lady.

The most cringe worthy part of the first Witcher game. And that had some really cringeworthy stuff they mostly ditched in the latter instalments.

mango sentinel posted:

It would be real cool if Creature Caster also offered less horny versions of those models in addition to the explicit ones.

Exactly! A lot of it has a great core design, if just needs the pervy nerd stuff dialling back.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 21, 2018

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

give me a million of these instead of that terrible titty demon poo poo

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

mango sentinel posted:

TBF Lady of Depravity is just taking design cues from official GW stuff.

Well, just stand off the naughty bits and greenstuff in some armour.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Len posted:

To provide nutritious tree sap for her younglings.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
As someone who is a huge fan of snake boobs, sometimes too much of a good thing is actually a bad thing.

Like, all their female sculpts BASICALLY look the same which is kinda boring. The male-ish not-keeper-of-secrets is good though.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
:nws:

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

I... what... WHY?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

:wtc:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
but why?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Let me just lounge over this set of active fragmentation mines.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Just for a moment I thought that was really funny. Dumb but funny. Then I saw....

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gender illusionist posted:

Just for a moment I thought that was really funny. Dumb but funny. Then I saw....

Why?

Why not?