Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Party Plane Jones posted:

It was from the Krampus episode that got delayed a year because of Sandy Hook.

edit: hah, this was the side link to that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrv8mDjrb0o

When are we getting a musical Episode of the Orville?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

twistedmentat posted:

I have to imagine it’s only a matter of time.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

The_Doctor posted:

I have to imagine it’s only a matter of time.

You can just see Macfarlane telling himself every day to "play it cool, just play it cool" until the rating are high enough of the Orville so he can get away with it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

If they got trapped in a holodeck musical and were forced to sing everything, I'd be fine with it. It fits Star Trek Silly Episode rules.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

twistedmentat posted:

Has there been an announcement on when the next season is airing? I'm assuming this fall.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

limp_cheese posted:

Has there been an announcement on when the next season is airing? I'm assuming this fall.

December

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Davros1 posted:

December

Thanks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
So was this season just abnormally short or is it on break or something? I have no clue what they're pulling with their scheduling even when the show isn't on midseason break.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Milo and POTUS posted:

So was this season just abnormally short or is it on break or something? I have no clue what they're pulling with their scheduling even when the show isn't on midseason break.

They saw what Cartoon Network does and said "gimme summa that".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
VB only releases content like every 3-4 years and R&M like half of that so I don't know what you're referring to.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Haven't watched Orville and generally enjoy Seths other shows, worth a watch?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ChesterJT posted:

Haven't watched Orville and generally enjoy Seths other shows, worth a watch?

Yes, don’t expect tons of jokes though. It was obviously sold to Fox as a Star Trek parody with lots of Family Guy jokes, and as the season moved on he rapidly moved away from that to make the show he wanted.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yes, absolutely. Just be aware that it's more of a love letter to Star Trek:TNG than Family Guy in space.

That's not to say it's without sophomoric humor, because there's lots of that, but they do try to balance the tone with some more serious moments.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Yes, absolutely. Just be aware that it's more of a love letter to Star Trek:TNG than Family Guy in space.

That's not to say it's without sophomoric humor, because there's lots of that, but they do try to balance the tone with some more serious moments.

Isaac: I believe what we have encountered is a planet locked in a multi-phasic orbit.
[in the conference room with all the senior staff]
Capt. Ed Mercer: Okay, let's pretend I don't know what that is.
Lt. Gordon Malloy: Do you know what that is?
Capt. Ed Mercer: I do not.
Lt. Gordon Malloy: So, we could just say that.
Capt. Ed Mercer: Thanks, buddy.
[sarcastically]

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Brawnfire posted:

If they got trapped in a holodeck musical and were forced to sing everything, I'd be fine with it. It fits Star Trek Silly Episode rules.

Well also need an episode where the crew lose their identities in the holodeck and Malloy treats Mercer like his dad.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Milo and POTUS posted:

Just a break for the summer

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

bull3964 posted:

I also like TNG so sounds like I should give it a go. Thanks all

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

ChesterJT posted:

I also like TNG so sounds like I should give it a go. Thanks all

Yup. TNG and Seth MacFarlane humor fan is the gooey center of the target audience here.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

VB only releases content like every 3-4 years

When we're lucky. I love those guys but they take their sweet loving time with the seasons.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

well I was wondering what he was talking about with Cartoon Network

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I SAW THE SIGN

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Milo and POTUS posted:

well I was wondering what he was talking about with Cartoon Network

Probably the 10-12 episode seasons instead of the 22,at least production wise, American Dad usually does.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I got bored one day and decided I'm gonna name new computers deployed on the network after Roger's personas

up to 29.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ricky Spanish

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

And Clip-Clop!!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

JEANNIE GOLD
Planner de Weddingos/Prostituta

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Peaches and cream. Why do I always wake up feeling hung over? I don't even touch the devil's nectar. 

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Max Jets!

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

I got bored one day and decided I'm gonna name new computers deployed on the network after Roger's personas

up to 29.

I love it. All of my Hearthstone decks are named after American Dad episode titles.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

dovetaile posted:

I love it. All of my Hearthstone decks are named after American Dad episode titles.

For the most part no one noticed but last week I had someone call me and ask "why is my computer named Martin Sugar?"

"uhhhh.....well there's this cartoon with an alien in it"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I still get freaked out when I watch Seth do the Roger voice, it just doesn't sound like it could physically come from him.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

My favorite Roger name is Reaganonimcs Lambourghini. It's just so 80s.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

I still get freaked out when I watch Seth do the Roger voice, it just doesn't sound like it could physically come from him.

“You stupid bitch.”

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

“You stupid bitch.”

huh, he looks weird there. this is more natural to me

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

dovetaile posted:

I saw some guy naming his characters after The Wire in Diablo 2 and I adopted it eventually as well

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Apparently the UK is getting new episodes while we wallow in a summer hiatus, which feels kinda ironic

I know we aren't supposed to advocate piracy, but I hope someone puts these episodes up online when they air so we don't have to wait several months for them

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drrockso20 posted:

Apparently the UK is getting new episodes while we wallow in a summer hiatus, which feels kinda ironic

I know we aren't supposed to advocate piracy, but I hope someone puts these episodes up online when they air so we don't have to wait several months for them

I can guarantee those suckers are going to be online less than an hour after they air. I'm not condoning this behavior, it's just a statement of fact.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh hey, yeah. There’s an episode called One-Woman Swole on Fox UK on Thursday.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

limp_cheese posted:

My favorite Roger name is Reaganonimcs Lambourghini. It's just so 80s.

Who wants to smoke cocaine out of my Rubik's cube pipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The eppisode where Stan is found kidnapping all of his mother's suitors and his explanation is "I LOVE MY MOMMY".

Scrub scrub scrub your VG, we just did your VG!

And the one where Steve becomes a bowling promise and stan's daring plan is to just stab his son in the ankle and later then going "see getting stabbed ain't nothing *stab stab stab*

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Because the whole "Hayley and Reginald date" subplot is very poorly written and irritating and it turned people off the character. Like, the scenes he's in where he's NOT dating Hayley are great (Him on his boat, him fighting Bollock in a field), but people mostly associate him with one very unfunny subplot that lasted way longer than it should have and drags down every episode it's featured in.

Stan! Stan! You lsot your drat mind jim! That was Stan, you just killed Stan!

Aight, what's done is done, Reggies just gotta keep movin'