Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I never get ads on any podcast - I know they're location specific and I'm outside the UK, but I would've expected to hear at least one by now. I run an adblocker on my phone, but surely that doesn't work for podcasts as well as Safari?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

webmeister posted:

I never get ads on any podcast - I know they're location specific and I'm outside the UK, but I would've expected to hear at least one by now. I run an adblocker on my phone, but surely that doesn't work for podcasts as well as Safari?

Those are the only ones I get ads on really, at least during the podcasts. I think it's a location thing as I'm not in the UK either.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I'm not in the UK and I do get location specific ads

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

webmeister posted:

You are missing out on I believe, either horrible Beetota Advocate Podcast ads (which let me clear, are absolute garbage and I want to die whenever I hear them) or the slightly less insufferable Subway pick a pack of purple peppers one.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I have an Australian iTunes account but I haven't been in-country for nearly 2 years now. I've travelled to probably 40 countries in that time so I'm honestly perplexed now as to why I never hear any ads. On the Ramble, all I get is the guitar music break, then it plays again along with one of the pundit failures "I ain't ever felt this bad ever" "All they've got is that big boy up front, Sigthorssen .. ohhhhh no" and it's back to the show.

Lucky me I guess :shrug:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I subscribe to the ramble on acast so get zero ads

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

algebra testes posted:

You are missing out on I believe, either horrible Beetota Advocate Podcast ads (which let me clear, are absolute garbage and I want to die whenever I hear them) or the slightly less insufferable Subway pick a pack of purple peppers one.

These are the ones I get and I hate them

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
On the Totally Football Show I got some Southern California Honda Dealer ads

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Sid's ever so slight mini meltdown on twitter when it became clear that Zidane was quitting and he had to do a whole bunch more work was pretty funny. I'm pretty sure he'd *just* published the "Ronaldo causing problems after the ECL final"

Also when I say "It was clear" I mean, the press had gotten the press release and I had no idea what people were talking about on twitter.

https://twitter.com/sidlowe/status/1002124316908163072

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Marcus finally made it.

https://twitter.com/bet365/status/1002551766494441473

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

With Keegan, Marcus must be like a kid at Christmas

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol @ Gangs of the England Football team.

GD: please re-name me Sneaks McDevious

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Ninpo posted:

With Keegan, Marcus must be like a kid at Christmas

https://twitter.com/MarcusSpeller/status/1003599589834919936

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’m really enjoying World Cup Gangs of the EPL

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

julian assflange posted:

I’m really enjoying World Cup Gangs of the EPL

Yeah, the Vardy & Henderson voices are great. Shame there'll probably not be any more until after the World Cup now, though.

Anyone got the live show they've mentioned on the podcast? Is it worth watching?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It’s available on their Patreon. idiotrace bought it and said the password was “whitehearts” back in the day. Could be changed and I’d through a few quid their way anyway.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

julian assflange posted:

It’s available on their Patreon. idiotrace bought it and said the password was “whitehearts” back in the day. Could be changed and I’d through a few quid their way anyway.

Ohh yeah, I don't mind paying £1.50 for it. Was just wondering if it was any good. It's obviously very different, but the old Football Weekly live episodes were terrible when they used to record them.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’d say it’s only okay I don’t think Andy had ever done stage work before

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I think barney has been pretty entertaining since that cup final podcast.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jippa posted:

I think barney has been pretty entertaining since that cup final podcast.

He's been weirdly more entertaining indeed.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I think he took the mockery that came with his rant well and ran with it, fair play to him.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The football weekly guys are going stir crazy already and I love it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/FootballRamble/status/1008836725781815301

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/maxrushden/status/1009324317665124352?s=19

Wilson: 'hotspur'

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Barry throwing some excellent shade at Russia and Spain’s remarkable ability to peak for summer tournaments on Football Weekly today.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the end of the most recent football weekly.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Barry owning it this week, also correct in his prediction that Max will become more unhinged as this goes on.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm greatly enjoying Max and Barry gradually going mad.

I've begun listening to TFS during the World Cup and it's really kind of rubbish. 90% of the guests are just utterly bland nobodies.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

The good thing about that is the fact that those guys aren't on Football Weekly any more.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
The hipster guy on yesterday’s FW was irritating but him aside their rotation of guests has been solid for these daily shows. Max and Baz are great

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Even Barney was actually enjoyable, even if he was recycling a joke

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you have noticed, afaik the duration has shrunk each episode hilighted today by them spending more time joking about not talking about the saudi game than the saudi game.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Is that podcast of the two English (maybe Scottish?) guys who live in the US still relevant? Or are they not around anymore?

They had a tv segment on NBC last World Cup. They’re big USMNT homers and help convinced thousands of American fans that’s it’s footballing tradition to wear your team’s scarves in 90 degree (32 Celsius) weather. lol

They were big fans of Miguel Herrera last cycle, so that was mildly entertaining.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tortilla Maker posted:

Is that podcast of the two English (maybe Scottish?) guys who live in the US still relevant? Or are they not around anymore?

They had a tv segment on NBC last World Cup. They’re big USMNT homers and help convinced thousands of American fans that’s it’s footballing tradition to wear your team’s scarves in 90 degree (32 Celsius) weather. lol

They were big fans of Miguel Herrera last cycle, so that was mildly entertaining.

Men in Blazers? It's probably still around.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I did enjoy VAR being referred to as ‘a robot grass’ on the latest FW.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I did enjoy VAR being referred to as ‘a robot grass’ on the latest FW.

It was pretty funny, but it is worth remembering VAR was verifying the offside call, not overturning a goal.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Tortilla Maker posted:

Still around, still pretty good.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’m about to get the inside scoop from England camp in Athletico Mince

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lmao @ Jamie Vardy’s voice in Athletico Mince and also Mrs. Beardsley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzerphuk