Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Guess I vaped too much last night because I started reading the OSHA thread and ended up reading in depth about the radium girls. Its horrifying really so I triggered a panic attack.
Took my emergency xanax and proceeded to trip to sleep.
I make bad decisions.

Lesson was learned from me a short time ago. From now on, only doing things that give me good, chill vibes, and exploring anything else will be my choice to risk a consequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I hope everyone who does fatherly things got to do them on weed today. Cat time was extra awesome today.

Now I'm listening to The Cult's Sonic Temple and that's pretty awesome.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I thought I was a master of dabs by this point but what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

I thought I was a master of dabs by this point but what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

the poo poo is that?? is it like syrup or crackly??

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It's dab with a high terpene concentration, which gives it the consistency of crystals suspended in oil - super, super tasty stuff :D

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah apparently the crystals are pure THC and the liquid is terpenes. I'm taking dabs maybe 1/4-1/5 the size of my usuals and it's knocking me on my rear end. It also smells and tastes absolutely incredible, like the concentrated flavors of weed.

Too bad it's $100/g :saddowns:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Yeah apparently the crystals are pure THC and the liquid is terpenes. I'm taking dabs maybe 1/4-1/5 the size of my usuals and it's knocking me on my rear end. It also smells and tastes absolutely incredible, like the concentrated flavors of weed.

Too bad it's $100/g :saddowns:

coming from illegal states where we still pay 300 for a o. uhh i'll take that?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah I still pay $250-300/o too. Regular dabs are $50-60/g from my guy, no idea what concentrates of any variety go for in legal states.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

1g of 90%+ thc vape oil in Oregon is 60 pretty much anywhere I've been. The other concentrates are cheaper for the same amount, but are fewer uses.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I want to try some of these new fangled ways of doing a weed =[

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I don't understand what exactly dabbing is :saddowns:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Tendai posted:

You hold one arm out straight at a slight angle, crook your other arm and sort of duck your head down into it.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Tendai posted:

Here's the first article in an 8 part "Dabbing 101" series by Leafly: https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/is-dabbing-good-or-bad-or-both

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Tendai posted:

They make weed concentrates now, there's a dozen different kinds but the gist is they take all the "gets you high" stuff out of the weed and it ends up as either a waxy or oily substance. Instead of packing a bowl of weed and lighting it, you put a little bit (a dab :rimshot:) onto a metal poker thingy, heat up the "nail" (so-called because up til recently they were mostly big hunks of titanium, nowadays they also make them out of quartz or ceramic), and touch the dab to the heated surface, then inhale.

It's a bit more of a process (and you need a butane torch since regular lighters won't heat the nail enough), but you're talking THC concentrations of 80-90+%, vs. the best weed out there which maxes out around 25-30% THC.

e: you will hear things like oil, wax, live resin, CO2, and a bunch of others when describing concentrates, most of the time it refers to the method of extraction. You can go as low-tech as literally squeezing oil out of a nug using wax paper and a hair straightener, or as retardedly fancy as supercritical fluid extraction.

VVV oh yeah I forgot about that. Ecig-style vapes work way better for concentrates than for weed since you don't have to worry about letting the temperature get too high and accidentally combusting the weed.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 20, 2018

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

You can also do dabs with vaporizers - basically just e-cigs modified for concentrate use - if you want to make things easier and less blowtorchy :keke:

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
So what happens when you combine weed and opiates? I'm having surgery tomorrow, and they're going to give me a week+ of opiates, but opiates make me dizzy and nauseous, which sometimes makes me throw up. My normal cure for dizzy & nauseous is to smoke a weed, of course, but I'm not sure what will happen if I do that after having taken Percocet. Any chance it will make me more dizzy? I'm not real interested in spending 3 days vomiting after surgery like I did last time.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I smoked weed to help with nausea from percocet after a surgery, it was fine.

Only thing I can imagine would be don't cough violently depending on what the surgery was :shrug: It won't make you OD or anything though.

I actually ended up not finishing the percocet because the dizziness/nausea wasn't worth it and just smoked weed instead after a couple days

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

about to invest in some WEED
https://www.horizonsetfs.com/etf/hmmj

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tendai posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4nj57NHREE

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Mnemosyne posted:

So what happens when you combine weed and opiates? I'm having surgery tomorrow, and they're going to give me a week+ of opiates, but opiates make me dizzy and nauseous, which sometimes makes me throw up. My normal cure for dizzy & nauseous is to smoke a weed, of course, but I'm not sure what will happen if I do that after having taken Percocet. Any chance it will make me more dizzy? I'm not real interested in spending 3 days vomiting after surgery like I did last time.

I have the same effects from opioids and I just take half a dose at a time, and as few recommended doses as possible. Full doses make me feel nauseous really uneasy, half is actually pretty pleasant. Last time I had some was for wisdom teeth, and I supplemented Percocets with weed for the first day or so and then switched over to weed entirely as fast as I could.

Dabs make me feel like I'm doing drugs.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

yeah i've been buying Aphria, Aurora BC and Canopy for a few months now. i better be retired by this time next year:colbert:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

bring back old gbs posted:

yeah i've been buying Aphria, Aurora BC and Canopy for a few months now. i better be retired by this time next year:colbert:
keep an eye on TSXV:HIP, super cheap right now, the other ones in the EFT index are all the big guys, including scott miracle grow, lol, but theres some tiny guys who might pick it up

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Same except MJ cuz nyse

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

numberoneposter posted:

keep an eye on TSXV:HIP, super cheap right now, the other ones in the EFT index are all the big guys, including scott miracle grow, lol, but theres some tiny guys who might pick it up

yeah I got me some HIP and GLH as well but theyre the smaller ones so i didnt wanna brag about my penny weed stocks

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

bring back old gbs posted:

yeah I got me some HIP and GLH as well but theyre the smaller ones so i didnt wanna brag about my penny weed stocks
for sure, im pretty happy with the selection in the EFT to be honest

keeping an eye on the smaller ones and probably put some more money down next week

seems a lot less evil than putting money into a defense index lol, but i kinda want to be an owner of Lockheed Martin at the same time

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I just ran some errands taking a lyft, and when I got in I immediately said “This car reeks of weed”, and the dude looked all scared, and then I stuck my thumb up. Apparently he didn’t really give a poo poo about making money cause we smoked three and a half joints between us. I bought him a bottle of korbel brut cause we had been talking about cheap wine in the car. Am I typing this? Is this really happening? I’m pretty sure it is, because if it wasn’t I don’t think I would be paying such close attention to spelling and punctuation. All praise upon the Green God.

“Am I a man dreaming I’m a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming I’m a man?” -Bob Saget

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I just ran some errands taking a lyft, and when I got in I immediately said “This car reeks of weed”, and the dude looked all scared, and then I stuck my thumb up. Apparently he didn’t really give a poo poo about making money cause we smoked three and a half joints between us. I bought him a bottle of korbel brut cause we had been talking about cheap wine in the car. Am I typing this? Is this really happening? I’m pretty sure it is, because if it wasn’t I don’t think I would be paying such close attention to spelling and punctuation. All praise upon the Green God.

“Am I a man dreaming I’m a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming I’m a man?” -Bob Saget

welcome to the gig economy

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

crazy cloud posted:

welcome to the gig economy

I said “death to america” out loud yesterday for the first time, which is something I have rarely ever even thought, but it felt right coming out of my mouth, which was weird. Am I a communist now? Cause I’m not gonna give away my inheritance. I’m gonna buy a few million bucks worth of weed and just roll around in it

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Nigmaetcetera posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKqmrTI5AZw&t=83s

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I gotta get into this show.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

There's not enough weed for me to be able to sit through that show. Cause I have, several times.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

There's not enough weed for me to be able to sit through that show. Cause I have, several times.

It seems more TCC than GBS, and I don’t mean it will make you go into a coma and die

I couldn’t get through the first season tbh, which saddened me cause mike and jay said it was great

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I said “death to america” out loud yesterday for the first time, which is something I have rarely ever even thought, but it felt right coming out of my mouth, which was weird. Am I a communist now? Cause I’m not gonna give away my inheritance. I’m gonna buy a few million bucks worth of weed and just roll around in it

yr off 2 a good start now when ur ready to up ur power level try out these : " stalin did nothing wrong " "pol pot was right "

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

crazy cloud posted:

yr off 2 a good start now when ur ready to up ur power level try out these : " stalin did nothing wrong " "pol pot was right "

I tried but but it just came out as “Legalize weed!” and “Donate to your local ACLU chapter!”

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I tried but but it just came out as “Legalize weed!” and “Donate to your local ACLU chapter!”

loving centrist

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

crazy cloud posted:

loving centrist

I’m rich, what other choice do I have?

Edit: don’t say suicide because it’s failed twice so I figure that’s my cue to give up on it

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 21, 2018

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Drive is one of my favorite movies ever and god drat, it's a whole different beast when you're completely hosed up

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Tendai posted:

it's hotknifing but with more capitalism

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i probably already posted this here and forgot but here's a guy dabbing with 2008 tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZQnN5IYIso

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
So yeah, turns out weed is a good way to counter the dizziness & nausea from the opiates and steroids they put me on. While I was still at the surgery center, they gave me my first percocet post-surgery, and I started feeling like throwing up pretty quickly, even though they had put Zofran in my IV. They gave me 2 more doses of Zofran in the next 45 mins, and then Reglan too, but I was still struggling not to throw up.

I was so miserable I gave up and asked the anesthesiologist "Is it ok to use cannabis to try to stop the nausea? Will it be ok to combine it with all these pills?" He gave me a big, genuine smile and said "That will work great. I'd give it to you here if we had any." God bless the Golden State.

Also that was a day and a half ago, and I've been using it, and it's working pretty well. Still a bit dizzy, but vastly improved.