Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Testekill posted:

It's fun to point out that the Spartans were rendered irrelevant by a bunch of gay dudes.

Yeah, they were called the Spartans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1009716701385101313

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You have no idea how many people respond to that with "the e.r. should be able to turn people away." They seriously have no conscience.

Oh I was listening to Master Shake one night coming back from a hockey game and he repeatedly asked the listener "why should we have to be the ones that pay for somebody who doesn't take care of themselves and then gets a terminal illness? Maybe they should have done regular doctor visits". Despite the fact that it's expensive as gently caress to go to the doctor without insurance (he was debating the Obamacare repeal).

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Who in the loving gently caress are these voters still crying "Give him a chaaaance" who, while not visibly enamored with Trump, seem to subscribe to the idea that he's been unfairly picked on since day one?

Did they WATCH his campaign? Read his Tweets? Study his past quotes? Read his book? I'm like "give him a chance to do WHAT?" I'd certainly seen enough way before election day but my standard response to these morons is "I did give him a chance and then I saw his cabinet".

My sense is that they're slightly embarrassed GOP voters that are exhausted defending this crap so they deflect and say dumb poo poo "I don't really like him but you've gotta admit he's been way more picked on than any other President, etc."

No, I don't have to admit that. He's done and said way more hosed up poo poo than any one else so of course he gets more negative coverage. Imbeciles. It's like they think that no matter what any candidate says or does that the media is always supposed to give 50% of the coverage to both. It's the same logic as dummies implying that every investigation panel or whatever has to have at least half Republicans on it. It's like, if one candidate says they want to drown 10 puppies and the other want to drown zero, rather than report on the psychopath wanting to murder dogs, they think the coverage should go along the lines of "How many puppies are an acceptable number to drown?" or "Why do you think this dog drowning policy is getting so much coverage?"

I'll be sure and try to do that if I ever go to trial. My jury needs to be composed of 50% white, bisexual, atheist, liberal democrats who support UHC and oppose the death penalty.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

GOP voters got EXACTLY what they asked for but now they're aghast that they have a President who is actually acting on the poo poo they voted him to do. I mean yeah, he's going to have a ton of media coverage on him because he's doing outlandish and unprecedented poo poo in office. It's like he honest to God woke up one day and decided "hey, tariffs are going to fix things!!!". There's no method to his madness and you've got Fox News operating as his propaganda arm.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the nyt and wapo are also propaganda arms

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Phone posted:

the nyt and wapo are also propaganda arms

Not so much, no.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
they seemed to do an OK job selling the iraq invasion, but that's just me

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
yeah what the hell it's been written about for decades now that nyt and wapo are propaganda arms of the establishment this isn't new or a radical statement

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

NYTimes fun fact about ripping up families and caging toddlers: both sides are bad.
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1009604274404372481

Both Sides. Both sides! Kiddie concentration camps are bad but criticizing the president for doing it is so rude which is also bad. Both sides!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

VitalSigns posted:

NYTimes fun fact about ripping up families and caging toddlers: both sides are bad.
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1009604274404372481

Both Sides. Both sides! Kiddie concentration camps are bad but criticizing the president for doing it is so rude which is also bad. Both sides!

The people that make this kinda argument are loving sociopaths. Jesus Christ, you have zero humanity if you think people being upset about baby prisons is being “uncivil”.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What kind of brain spiders do people have that they're still clinging to the truth is in the middle narrative when there's literal mother loving Nazis running around and we have kiddie concentration camps being built?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You have to realize that there are a lot of white people in the US that are sick of people being angry and talking about politics, but don't actually care if anyone arguing is doing so for good reasons or not. They just want people to shut up so they can be happy regardless of what's going on around them, including children screaming in concentration camps maybe not 10 miles away from them. This is what a Centrist is. Someone who wants to just mill about whatever the status quo becomes and doesn't really care, do u?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
get ready for a week of weak rear end liberal 'I didn't agree with krauthammer but here's how this loving moron ghoul was actually an intellectual giant because he sometimes said trump was rude'

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

oh gently caress yes did he finally die

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

bird food bathtub posted:

What kind of brain spiders do people have that they're still clinging to the truth is in the middle narrative when there's literal mother loving Nazis running around and we have kiddie concentration camps being built?

Decades of :decorum:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

sexpig by night posted:

get ready for a week of weak rear end liberal 'I didn't agree with krauthammer but here's how this loving moron ghoul was actually an intellectual giant because he sometimes said trump was rude'

Can’t wait. That poo poo sickens me more than conservatives sucking up to him.:barf:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/KyleOrlowicz/status/1009931287799455744

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Phone posted:

they seemed to do an OK job selling the iraq invasion, but that's just me

No, you're right. I meant in comparison to what FOX News and the people we're talking about in this thread do willfully and as a matter of course 24/7.

The ones that think that what Wapo and the NYT publish are the same sort of propaganda as FOX and AM radio.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
just because it's in service to the washington consensus doesn't mean it isn't propaganda

if anything it better fits the definition because they carry a greater weight as "serious" news outlets compared to fox or talk radio

e: and you can largely count the wapo opinion page as part of the broader right wing media landscape. i guess eugene robinson's still there but that's about it

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 22, 2018

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

It helps if you realize that everybody involved has had their brains poisoned by Hollywood depictions of what their jobs are. You have liberals running around thinking it's the West Wing and speaking truth to power. You have conservatives running around thinking they're in Darkest Hour or some other equally facile portrayal of stoic polite statesmen speaking truth to the masses.

They spend most of their time fighting with each other, and the only time they come together is to denounce any kind of real politics based on using power to achieve real goals. Anything that isn't a compromise is distasteful. Compromise is treated as the only goal, and not enacting policy.

Mainstream political coverage is crawling with these kind of people, and so now when some real poo poo is going down they don't have the tools to handle it. They see both the far right and what exists of the real left in the US agitating and point to that as if it's the core of the problem rather than a reaction to failure of the mainstream parties to stake out real positions.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they get very mad on twitter if you make fun of chucky krauthammer.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Groovelord Neato posted:

they get very mad on twitter if you make fun of chucky krauthammer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEC_lkpD3rM

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Vargatron posted:

Oh I was listening to Master Shake one night coming back from a hockey game and he repeatedly asked the listener "why should we have to be the ones that pay for somebody who doesn't take care of themselves and then gets a terminal illness? Maybe they should have done regular doctor visits". Despite the fact that it's expensive as gently caress to go to the doctor without insurance (he was debating the Obamacare repeal).

Someone posted budget analysis about how much premiums will rise if the pre-existing coverage protections are dissolved if Graham-Cassidy was passed and it would raise premiums on metastatic cancer by 150k so gently caress you Mark. Who can even afford that?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

HootTheOwl posted:

Someone posted budget analysis about how much premiums will rise if the pre-existing coverage protections are dissolved if Graham-Cassidy was passed and it would raise premiums on metastatic cancer by 150k so gently caress you Mark. Who can even afford that?

The rich, of course. Why would we want poor people to survive cancer? Better if they all died -- they're a needless drain on the country's wealth and a lot of them vote Democrat.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

sexpig by night posted:

Already seeing it on FB and my friend's Discord

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

Brian Williams just ended MSNBC's broadcast day with one. Though he also slipped in a dig about how he sold the Iraq War as something that would be done in three weeks and that, oh, what do you know, American combat troop presence in the country literally outlived him.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sexpig by night posted:

This was my dad after he and my mom got really angry when I said "Oh the guy who wasn't smart enough to know which end of the pool to dive in died" My dad is the prime example of why unions are dying, they have no loving spine and just coast on their own benefits (especially his since its a trade union)

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Oh, so that's why people kept mentioning Krauthammer all day...

I kinda feel bad for Krauthammer because life handed him a massive poo poo sandwich. I mean, becoming a quadriplegic in college, and then staying one for the rest of your life? gently caress, I can't even remotely imagine being able to deal with that for 40 hours let alone 40 years. And as if all that wasn't bad enough, the guy gets cancer on top of everything?

Of course, it's a lot easier to overcome that sense of pity when you also realize that he was kind of a massive piece of poo poo and helped make lives of the people like him even worse.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he made himself quadriplegic.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Are there any articles that take a deep dive on how he did that?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oh you.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh snap.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

I kinda feel bad for Krauthammer because life handed him a massive poo poo sandwich. I mean, becoming a quadriplegic in college, and then staying one for the rest of your life? gently caress, I can't even remotely imagine being able to deal with that for 40 hours let alone 40 years.

Apparently the way to deal with is to endlessly campaign for making hundreds of thousands more quadraplegics

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Scholtz posted:

Are there any articles that take a deep dive on how he did that?

yeah but they all play in the shallow end of the pool, rhetorically

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

That's giving him more dignity and gravitas than he deserves.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
yeah you're right i shoulda used comic sans

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I, for one, wouldn't mind a day or so derail about just how terrible a person Krauthammer was. Need some dunks lately and don't really care if the recipient is dead due to his sheer anti-human behavior over the years.

Good riddance, Chuck. Get Out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SpeakSlow posted:

I, for one, wouldn't mind a day or so derail about just how terrible a person Krauthammer was. Need some dunks lately and don't really care if the recipient is dead due to his sheer anti-human behavior over the years.

https://twitter.com/schwarz/status/1010176843658522626