Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Dance Officer posted:

Yes. And if it could be limited to just these people I would call it karma.

It’s also a completely irrelevant talking point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Trump went Full QAnon today and accused the Democrats of operating a child smuggling ring. He's literally so loving dumb he reads his own fan-fiction and thinks it's real.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Sergg posted:

Trump went Full QAnon today and accused the Democrats of operating a child smuggling ring. He's literally so loving dumb he reads his own fan-fiction and thinks it's real.

Say what now? Do you have a link?

Edit: gently caress you weren’t kidding

https://thinkprogress.org/qanon-trump-accuses-democrats-child-smuggling-ring-9916ff292590/

quote:

“The people are suffering because of the Democrats,” Trump said. “So, we’ve created, and they’ve created, and they’ve let it happen — a massive child smuggling industry. That’s exactly what it has become.”

quote:

There are indications that Trump has embraced QAnon, at least to a point. As Right Wing Watch details, a QAnon truther was given VIP access to Trump’s rally on Wednesday evening in Duluth, Minnesota.

This is some next-level bad poo poo. The fringe right doesn’t need any more validation, and Trump is just shoveling it on them.

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 22, 2018

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
So we’ve circled the wagon back to pizzagate then?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
QAnon is the perfect 2018 squeal to pizzagate

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Q poo poo is going to get some people hurt/killed. And the way trumps presidency is working I bet there is a fair bit of violence when (if? ugh) trump leaves office

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
If this were a sane timeline, I'd suggest the qanon people be institutionalized, but I know they'd just lock up folk they don't like. Is our mental health system really this bad? Is it a weird spread of undiagnosed Lyme disease, or just our normal chemtrails?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ksieff/status/1009949212614774784?s=21

This kind of bullshit will continue to languish unless pressure stays on, IMO.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Say what now? Do you have a link?

Edit: gently caress you weren’t kidding

https://thinkprogress.org/qanon-trump-accuses-democrats-child-smuggling-ring-9916ff292590/

This is some next-level bad poo poo. The fringe right doesn’t need any more validation, and Trump is just shoveling it on them.

Welp when do we dissolve the republic guys because I think we've hit that point

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Q poo poo is going to get some people hurt/killed. And the way trumps presidency is working I bet there is a fair bit of violence when (if? ugh) trump leaves office

On the very narrow chance that Dems take the House and Senate and move to impeach these people will commit acts of domestic terrorism.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Here's a funny article about the sad life of being a young Trump staffer in DC.

TLDR: nobody likes them.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/22/trump-millennial-supporters-washington-dc-218833

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Good.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/ksieff/status/1009949212614774784?s=21

This kind of bullshit will continue to languish unless pressure stays on, IMO.

Keep up the pressure anyway. I've read up a little bit and it's always been the agenda of the Trump admin and Jeff Sessions in particular to kill the Flores settlement. And that's what the EO is actually about. It's looking to scrap Flores so they can detain (illegal) immigrants indefinitely and probably under worse circumstances than Flores sets as the minimum.

Edit: Also, for clarification, because I didn't know this; illegal entry is a class B federal misdemeanor, which puts it on par with a bunch of other silly "crimes" such as the transporting of water hyacinths across state border, that have no moral implications whatsoever. These are being tried for illegal entry, get sentenced if they don't plead guilty, and end up going to prison for less than a week because of time served and are then booted out of the country. It's literally the old process but with separating them from their children and clogging up of the justice system.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jun 22, 2018

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

psydude posted:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/22/trump-millennial-supporters-washington-dc-218833

Good, gently caress these assholes.

I'm glad.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

Poor little babies getting a teensy tiny taste of what real discrimination looks like. Maybe they'll be self-reflective enough to internalize this lesson and grow as people?

Yeah didn't think so either. gently caress enablers and collaborators.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
When this administration is over with, people should be branded on their foreheads.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Jurors sentence gay man to death because life in prison would be “fun” for him.

Normal country.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Vasudus posted:

When this administration is over with, people should be branded on their foreheads.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Oh yes, the gay dream of a life in prison, the classic stereotype

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
My small office had an email they sent out about someone getting their feelings hurt regarding political talk in the room.

I promised to try harder to consider other team members feelings when speaking about my naturalization being potentially under review, and discussing disappearing children being a loving national embarrassment and shame.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

psydude posted:

File photo, January 21, 2021: young DC woman who dated within the fallen Trump regime has her head shaved to shame her for her collaboration with the enemy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

This is bullshit. He is a murderer and I don’t have a whole lot of sympathy for him but the road to the result is garbage.

Some choice quotes from the article.

“he’s Mexican, and Mexican men take whatever they want,”

lol we are here for your jobs and your women

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

psydude posted:

quote:

“I literally got the other day, ‘Thanks but no thanks. Just Googled you and it said you were a mouthpiece for the Trump administration. Go gently caress yourself,’” says the official. It’s all enough to drive her and some of her colleagues away from at least some of the apps. “I’m no longer on Bumble,” she says.

:laffo:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That's literally what my coworker experiences. She's like 32, completely average midwest girl. Can basically only go on a first date by lying, never gets a second date because everybody in this area brings up politics immediately. It's hilarious.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
and not a one of them will sleep with Stephen Miller lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It’s depressing that I’ve lost friends over politics.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

boop the snoot posted:

It’s depressing that I’ve lost friends over politics.

Maybe 2 years ago it would be a hard question to excise someone from my life if they were on board the trump train. At this point (and for a longass time now) if they're not deeply repulsed by this poo poo they're not good to have around.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

boop the snoot posted:

It’s depressing to find out that friends of mine are pieces of poo poo

ftfy

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Yeah tomato tomato. Either way it’s depressing. I lost a friend of over 15 years because of this poo poo.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

It's just... disappointing.

I usually kind of tune out my right wing acquaintances when they bring up Fox News talking points.

But their response to kids in internment camps seems more morally bankrupt than usual.

It's the whataboutism that gets to me more than anything. Guys I know, guys who I served with, who are posting a dozen times a day on facebook to claim President Obama did worse, and how this isn't even bad, and how it's the lawwwww.

Up until now, I thought they were ignorant, or that they came to different conclusions based on the same evidence.

Now at last I realize that they're just bootlickers and quislings.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I would even give in and agree that it’s all a Clinton/Bush/Obama era policy and they are just following the laws if I didn’t already know they would just find another way to justify it.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
weird how these "it's the law" types had so much issue with ACA mandates, it's almost like they don't really mean it

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Just want to remind everyone that Vikund Quisling was a real guy and his name is now synonymous with "being a bootlicking traitor Nazi loving scumbag"

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

boop the snoot posted:

I would even give in and agree that it’s all a Clinton/Bush/Obama era policy and they are just following the laws

Why? That’s patently untrue regarding the child separation policy.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

boop the snoot posted:

I would even give in and agree that it’s all a Clinton/Bush/Obama era policy and they are just following the laws if I didn’t already know they would just find another way to justify it.

Bzzzt. The Seperation of families is an invention of Stephen Miller and is a policy, not a law.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/was-law-separate-families-passed-1997/

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
In another bizarro 5-4 opinion written by Roberts and joined by Kagan, Ginsburg, Sotomayor and Breyer

https://twitter.com/realdanstoller/status/1010165226422067200

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

e: that said, there was some horrific poo poo that was done under the Obama administration that needs to be dealt with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don’t give a poo poo. I said I would give in and agree [if it meant it would change]. But I’m fully aware they would just make another excuse.

I care way more about getting kids out of cages than owning the Republicans.

• Locked thread