Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
And Let Us Prey is painfully under-rated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Well just found out my friend's playing bass for Electric Wizard now so guess I gotta give them another chance lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Idioteque Dance posted:

Well just found out my friend's playing bass for Electric Wizard now so guess I gotta give them another chance lol

What!!!!! No way. That's so cool

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Henchman of Santa posted:

On the plus side we got With the Dead out of it

Whoa I forgot they existed! What’s best by them?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Snowy posted:

Whoa I forgot they existed! What’s best by them?

I think they only have two albums. I’ve only heard the one from last year and it has one of the gnarliest guitar tones ever.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

EW gets a pass for life for producing at least 3 truly capital-g Great albums.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i listened to this album this morning and it's nothing groundbreaking but pretty fun nonetheless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCjOwGZnBj0

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

kumba posted:

nothing groundbreaking but pretty fun nonetheless

i mean that's Orange Goblin as a whole, really

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Idioteque Dance posted:

"now" like they just got a new bassist or do you know the satan's satyrs dude? there's someone in here who knows those guys pretty well i think but maybe it's you

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Ingmar terdman posted:

"now" like they just got a new bassist or do you know the satan's satyrs dude? there's someone in here who knows those guys pretty well i think but maybe it's you

New new, it's been unofficial/on the downlow for a month or so but seems to be official now. He's also the bassist for Hawkwind, not sure if that's gonna change now though. Super cool guy and great bassist.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkOe6GOFzNK/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1ji6l6r7688wg

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The glammed out bassist they had at the last nyc show was fun to watch, don’t know if that’s the new guy or not. Impressive bell bottom/platform shoe action.

seatbeltstrap
Nov 5, 2004

That bitch Carmen Sandiego's got nothing on me.
Anybody going to the Yob show in Asheville on Sunday? The Mothlight is still a couple of blocks from my apartment.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Ok so the next question is do i smoke the shrooms or boof them for the EW show :thunk:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Even if you aren't as into the Electric Wizard albums of the last decade or so, the songs they play from those records in their set are all pretty awesome. Their set list never changes because of the coordination with the visuals, so just make a playlist of that set list to get familiar with those songs and :2bong:

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Idioteque Dance posted:

New new, it's been unofficial/on the downlow for a month or so but seems to be official now. He's also the bassist for Hawkwind, not sure if that's gonna change now though. Super cool guy and great bassist.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkOe6GOFzNK/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1ji6l6r7688wg

Nice, I cant imagine being cool enough to be bassist for the Wiz and Hawkwind at the same dang time

trem_two posted:

Even if you aren't as into the Electric Wizard albums of the last decade or so, the songs they play from those records in their set are all pretty awesome. Their set list never changes because of the coordination with the visuals, so just make a playlist of that set list to get familiar with those songs and :2bong:

Yeah. It would be cool if they played some more US dates this year

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jun 21, 2018

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

seatbeltstrap posted:

Anybody going to the Yob show in Asheville on Sunday? The Mothlight is still a couple of blocks from my apartment.

As a matter of fact, yes. What's the best watering hole near The Mothlight? I'm driving in with a buddy from out of town.

Sludge Tank posted:

Ok so the next question is do i smoke the shrooms or boof them for the EW show :thunk:

The only correct answer here is both. Smoke half and boof the rest.

Baron Von Ghoulosh fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 21, 2018

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I'm driving in from Charlotte. I was planning on checking out some places downtown before heading over the west side near the mothlight. What's the locals opinion?

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
For anyone going to the Yob show in Orlando tonight: if you see a goony looking bald guy in a red Manilla Road shirt you've probably found me, and I'll probably buy you a beer.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

seatbeltstrap posted:

I'll be there, we know each other from the last times we've said hello from the internet, I don't get out much because I'm old and sleepy.

Fingers McGee posted:

I'm driving in from Charlotte. I was planning on checking out some places downtown before heading over the west side near the mothlight. What's the locals opinion?

I wish I had some good advice, downtown is pretty great if you are a 60 year old retired couple. As I mentioned I'm too lame and old to hang out at a cool place.

The pinball museum is pretty cool, they have all sorts of old games: http://ashevillepinball.com/

Buxton Hall BBQ is good: http://www.buxtonhall.com/
Though my fav "Asheville Restaurants" are probably Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack and Twelve Bones, which aren't really downtown but not too far either, Also 12 Bones would be closed on Sunday.

http://www.woolworthwalk.com/ has a bunch of local artist stuff and you can just walk in and look around. There's a lunch counter too.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Also the new YOB is real good and I get why some may not dig it but it's still real good and you should listen to it more. Sunday night is going to rule. It will be so good to see them again.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
Khemmis - Desolation is out now, full streamer:

http://listen.20buckspin.com/album/desolation

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Well the EW show was hectic. RIP to the bouncers trying to control the moshpit

I saw the band abt an hour later outside a hotel doing a photo shoot and was like U ruled and then resisted the urge to fanboy on them they seemed surprisd anyone recognised them

Great gig

Great visuals

RiP ears

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008

OpaqueEcho posted:

Khemmis - Desolation is out now, full streamer:

http://listen.20buckspin.com/album/desolation

Album rules - here is the dumbest possible review https://soundcloud.com/user-758985205/fried-lightning-podcast-ep-6-khemmis-desolation

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just got home after seeing Yob, they loving rule and Mike is one of the nicest dudes on earth. The line of people waiting to talk to him after the set made me think of kids in line to see Santa which kind of rules.

Bell Witch was really cool to see, but they sound a lot like they're ending a song for 45 minutes. It's weird how fatiguing that is to listen to.

seatbeltstrap
Nov 5, 2004

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

As a matter of fact, yes. What's the best watering hole near The Mothlight? I'm driving in with a buddy from out of town.

Fingers McGee posted:

There's actually a metal bar called Black Cloud in the same block as the Mothlight, though they only have beer and wine. Within two blocks there's Universal Joint, Westville Pub, Isis, Jargon, 9 Mile and even more. Except for Black Cloud they all have food, too.
I don't hang out downtown too much unless I'm going to a show but The Yacht Club is an awesome dive tiki bar with good food and the Lazy Diamond is a cool dive.

UFOTacoMan posted:

I'll be there, we know each other from the last times we've said hello from the internet, I don't get out much because I'm old and sleepy.

Hey buddy! I'll be wearing shorts and a sleeveless Full Of Hell shirt, have a tattoo sleeve on my left arm and short hair and beard. If any of you see me, say hi! We can do a shot or something.

seatbeltstrap fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 24, 2018

Fingat
May 17, 2004

seatbeltstrap posted:

There's actually a metal bar called Black Cloud in the same block as the Mothlight, though they only have beer and wine. Within two blocks there's Universal Joint, Westville Pub, Isis, Jargon, 9 Mile and even more. Except for Black Cloud they all have food, too.
I don't hang out downtown too much unless I'm going to a show but The Yacht Club is an awesome dive tiki bar with good food and the Lazy Diamond is a cool dive.

Hey buddy! I'll be wearing shorts and a sleeveless Full Of Hell shirt, have a tattoo sleeve on my left arm and short hair and beard. If any of you see me, say hi! We can do a shot or something.

Im intrigued by the thirsty monk and jack of the wood downtown, any good? I was thinking of eating after at universal joint, the outside seating looked like a good place to chill.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

seatbeltstrap posted:

! I'll be wearing shorts and a sleeveless Full Of Hell shirt, have a tattoo sleeve on my left arm and short hair and beard.

Im sure you'll stand out

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Shakenbaker posted:

Just got home after seeing Yob, they loving rule and Mike is one of the nicest dudes on earth. The line of people waiting to talk to him after the set made me think of kids in line to see Santa which kind of rules.

Bell Witch was really cool to see, but they sound a lot like they're ending a song for 45 minutes. It's weird how fatiguing that is to listen to.

45 minutes of catharsis about your friend dying is exhausting.

seatbeltstrap
Nov 5, 2004

Fingers McGee posted:

Im intrigued by the thirsty monk and jack of the wood downtown, any good? I was thinking of eating after at universal joint, the outside seating looked like a good place to chill.

Both of those places are cool, and they're across the street from each other. Yacht Club is right there, too. UJ closes at midnight on Sundays, but the patio is definitely chill.

Sludge Tank posted:

Im sure you'll stand out

Without a doubt.

seatbeltstrap
Nov 5, 2004

drat I'm stoked for tonight! I'm actually wearing a sleeveless Child Bite shirt. Say hi!

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Doomfest in Frederick, MD was incredible yesterday. Couldn't get to any of the Friday stuff, but got in in time to see Windhand last night. Never seen them before, was super jazzed to see them. Incredible band, thick tone, and the singer's delivery just really pulled you in.

Lot of regional talent in the lineups too, which is good to see. Maryland has a solid Doom community.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

seatbeltstrap posted:

drat I'm stoked for tonight! I'm actually wearing a sleeveless Child Bite shirt. Say hi!

I've been here at jack of the wood for a couple hours, cool spot with Irish music going, heading to the west side soon.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Guess I'm turning this to a yob blog, thirsty monk closed early so I ubered over to universal joint just after the rain stopped.

seatbeltstrap
Nov 5, 2004

Fingers McGee posted:

Guess I'm turning this to a yob blog, thirsty monk closed early so I ubered over to universal joint just after the rain stopped.

Word, did you get food? About to meet up with some friends and head to The Mothlight.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Food is on the way

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
I felt over groomed for the YOB show, but it was fun!

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Fingers McGee posted:

the bob loblaw yob blog

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Holy poo poo I'm hung over, I should have gone back right after the show, was great, and I met Mike.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ingmar terdman posted:

the bob loblaw yob blog

With a special review of the album Log Bomb by Bob Log.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
So ready for the Body on Friday