Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

apparently we're still in for Mawson but idk if we need 2 new CBs

I think the plan is that we get 2 new CBs (be it Mawson or Marlon Santos) and move Rice into DM where he's been playing really well for Ireland.

I think the big problem is a creative midfielder now that Lanzini is out for the entire season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

you have better players instead of him to win a competition. the fact he needs keeping just beacuse wenger let the squad deteriorate to the state its in is another matter

Arsenal’s midfield is a dumpster fire.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Maddison to Leicester for ~24m is a Done Deal

http://www.twitter.com/LCFC/status/1009443300821127168

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I haven't seen him play. Is he really that good

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If he was that good it wouldn't be Leicester signing him

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Ever Banega linked to an Arsenal move to reunite with his former manager.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

One of the top papers for Sevilla transfer news said there has been definite interest from Arsenal in Banega

Don't really see him adapting to the physical game of the premier league but who knows, might be good for depth.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Ever Banega linked to an Arsenal move to reunite with his former manager.

They're signing Roque Mesa to replace him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Ever Banega ran himself over with his own car.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ever Banega sex tape with Gunnersaurus

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Ever Banega ran himself over with his own car.

Yet despite that, he's still a great playmaker. He'd definitely help Arsenal out.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
id prefer N'zonzi if we are talking Sevilla midfielders

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Yet despite that, he's still a great playmaker. He'd definitely help Arsenal out.

He'd be very nice to have given that Ramsey is always injured for a few games.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Has Sarri been confirmed yet? This is the worst transfer window ever so far.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Jose posted:

I haven't seen him play. Is he really that good

Vegetable posted:

If he was that good it wouldn't be Leicester signing him

He's literally got the lot, scores goals, made more chances than any other player in the Championship last season, skins people for fun, scores free kicks and penalties, takes corners, is only 21, and amazingly for a footballer, appears to not be a dickhead. Probably the most gifted player to ever play for Norwich. Check out his sick youtube skills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C6aEHxXHYs

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Also it's finally official: Fred is Manchester United player.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1009790599451594753

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1009791909127172096

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brony Car posted:

Yeah I’d be happy if we signed him. Just hope we don’t pay too much for a 30 year old midfielder.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
list of arsenal midfielders:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bea Nanner posted:

Neither Arsenal nor Nigeria understand that Iwobi is not a loving winger.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i considered crudely adding him, but it does not help the underlying argument

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Jack out... Frimpong in???

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
has a soccer team ever held open try outs like the Philadelphia Eagles in the 70s

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Hi Gigi, Liverpool are apparently now after Thomas Strakosha from Lazio. He any good?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

Hi Gigi, Liverpool are apparently now after Thomas Strakosha from Lazio. He any good?

Let's see what John Achterberg's coaching does to him.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

tarbrush posted:

He's fine, not exceptional in my opinion. I don't remember him making any enormous mistakes this season.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/StewartTweets/status/1010119231646494721

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

Banega and Torreira please.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Wilshere and Cazorla are gone... Also those kids Willock and Nelson played as much time in the midfield as Maitland-Niles last season (because he was getting plugged in wherever Wenger felt like that day)

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Waroduce posted:

has a soccer team ever held open try outs like the Philadelphia Eagles in the 70s

I think some MLS teams have.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Arsenal should buy Sam Clucas tia

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"You should listen to the podcast", loving lol

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm not saying Sunderland is going down, but it would be funny to see the panic if they were ever near yet another relegation.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I'm old enough to remember when Sunderland were the most in form team in Europe.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Getting relegated every season is a kind of consistent form

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

I'm old enough to remember when Sunderland were the most in form team in Europe.

How can you not be with a 5 tool striker

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

brocked posted:

Wilshere and Cazorla are gone... Also those kids Willock and Nelson played as much time in the midfield as Maitland-Niles last season (because he was getting plugged in wherever Wenger felt like that day)

Willock is very likely to go on loan. Nelson the same. Maitland-Niles is an interesting one...hopefully get some coaching and experience heads to continue his development. This also lead me to look up and see what Zalem was up to and uhhh....yeah RIP him I guess. Probably need 2 players. Torreirra likely one and then N'zonzi and Banega? If they bring all 3 in I think Maitland-Niles goes on loan as well.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

God, I can't imagine many things stupider than sending AMN on loan the literal instant he looked like he was finding his way in the first team.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He's not ready for Arsenal's first team, and a spell as first-choice at a smaller club would give him experience. That said, even with Torreirra, I don't think Arsenal has nearly enough depth to be loaning out central midfielders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Vegetable posted:

He's not ready for Arsenal's first team, and a spell as first-choice at a smaller club would give him experience. That said, even with Torreirra, I don't think Arsenal has nearly enough depth to be loaning out central midfielders.

He looks perfectly comfortable in the first team now, let him sink or swim. He has to make the jump to the first team at some point and he's not going to do that at Hull. Regardless I don't think they gave him a new shirt number just to send him on loan so it's a moot point.

• Locked thread