Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

PetraCore posted:

EDIT: I don't actually think this is going to happen but at this point I am just saying the most absurd poo poo I can because the actual comic is just a dissolved puddle of bland viewpoints and pasta.

As I think has been amply demonstrated all throughout the thread, particularly in my posts, the dumbest ideas are usually what the comic ends up actually doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

As I think has been amply demonstrated all throughout the thread, particularly in my posts, the dumbest ideas are usually what the comic ends up actually doing.

Just like the old Dominic Deegan thread, though that comic actually managed to surpass our dumbest expectations regularly.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

PetraCore posted:

shear off Clevin's dick

im the wholly unwarranted assumption

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

PetraCore posted:

The baggage is leaving a gorge behind her haha.

I liked that panel better when I interpreted the luggage as a random surreal dream element but you're right, it's just totally bland imagery. That's not even how dreams work.

It's how dreams work in a lot of narratives. I can't particularly fault Mulligan for making a common mistake.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Strong Female Protagonist: shear off Clevin's dick

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Gotta love punching all those psychological problems.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Jesus loving Christ.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
"Generic monsters in a pit" is not a very scary nightmare or one that is actually believable for Patrick to have IMO. His mom would be a much more sensible nightmare

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I feel like we really have hit a point where every successive page is the new worst page.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"Strong Female Protagonist, a comic about what happens when a super strong and invincible girl discovers there are some problems she can't just punch away! Now watch as she literally punches away every problem she encounters."

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Piell posted:

"Generic monsters in a pit" is not a very scary nightmare or one that is actually believable for Patrick to have IMO. His mom would be a much more sensible nightmare

The hand with the knife is supposed to be his mom's I think

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Wowzers Patrick is the creepiest motherfucker alive. Allison doesn’t even blink like when he admits that he’s been invading her mind at its most vulnerable for years. He doesn’t even make it sound like an involuntary thing!

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
This is not a good comic.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I don't know what's more hosed up. Patrick's casual admission that he's been sleeping with Allison's brain for years without her knowledge, or the revelation that without the barrier Patrick will be tormented by nightmares every night for the rest of his life.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Uncle Wemus posted:

Could mulligan salvage the comic if it turned out this was all just Patrick mind controlling her?

No, but maybe a good writer could.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Emrikol posted:

I feel like we really have hit a point where every successive page is the new worst page.

It's just imploding at this point. I feel like they're trying to wrap poo poo up. Like I want to guess that they're trying to end this thing by August. This feels like they're trying to, however clumsily, tie up some of the loose ends of the comic so they can either officially lay it to rest or take a break between chapters that actually becomes a neverending hiatus, freeing both creators to move on to other projects. I just can't buy that either of them wants to work on this thing anymore.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

sweeperbravo posted:

It's just imploding at this point. I feel like they're trying to wrap poo poo up. Like I want to guess that they're trying to end this thing by August. This feels like they're trying to, however clumsily, tie up some of the loose ends of the comic so they can either officially lay it to rest or take a break between chapters that actually becomes a neverending hiatus, freeing both creators to move on to other projects. I just can't buy that either of them wants to work on this thing anymore.

was this not on the page when you loaded it?

notice at the bottom of the page posted:

we’re taking advantage of the chapter finishing to take a month long break. Strong Female Protagonist: Chapter Eight will return on July 24!

Chapter Eight will also be our final chapter. Don’t get too sad yet – as you know, in webcomic-land chapters literally take years, and this one is gonna be a doozy! But we’ve always had a planned end for this story

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Oh man. Cant wait for sfp and patrick and clevins poly relationship. Im honestly impressed the artist has managed to not throw in the towel before now, the art has definitely been checked out for a hot minute

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
For being the penultimate chapter this sure was a snoozer. This is gonna end like Cheers isn’t it.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

TheHan posted:

For being the penultimate chapter this sure was a snoozer. This is gonna end like Cheers isn’t it.
a Sopranos ending would be better. Just fade to black and hopefully never hear from these people again.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I feel like this is a pretty neat idea all by itself, if you ignore everything that went on before it might be pretty neat.
e: oh wow this chapter is supposed to be the end of the whole story? lollllllllll
e: oh next chapter, I get it

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Betting is open on which plot lines they completely ignore!

Personally my money is on Clevin being a passive-aggressive lump never coming up or being resolved, and Mary never showing up again. She's just out there cuttin' people up, forever.

ashweh
Apr 29, 2013
I can’t wait to see the boring resolution to like, the two unresolved plot points.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

We still don't know who the strong female protagonist is

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

TheHan posted:

Snoozer hehehehe.

Anyway I'm sad - what's going to happen to the thread now? I don't expect anyone here to remember to track it a month from now.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Once again, screw the supposed message of the comic here's Allison being cool and punching something to solve a problem that shouldn't be punchable

I would complain more but honestly im just glad we're nearing the end, especially since I can't wait to see whats in store for their big finale.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
We're one chapter away from wrapping up the whole shebang and we don't know whether the central plot actually exists.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"oh yeah btw I've been mentally violating you for years without your knowledge"

"eh whatevs"

STRONG FEMALE PROTAGONIST

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Place your bets on what delicate issue that he has no business talking about Mulligan will waffle through next chapter. I got twenty bucks on him going back to the awkward LGTB well

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

We still don't know who the strong female protagonist is

It was Clevin all along, a brave story of a transman in a world that doesn't want him, a girlfriend that cheats on him with her totally unfunctional hobo ex, and of course her much more important friends.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

gently caress off

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

"oh yeah btw I've been mentally violating you for years without your knowledge"

"eh whatevs"

STRONG FEMALE PROTAGONIST

This is pretty gross, yeah, I meant the last couple of panels, although in the context of the chapter even that is really contemptuous of the subject and dumb.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Women are supposed to take care of emotionally unstable men. That's why they're so good at it.

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 22, 2018

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Uncle Wemus posted:

gently caress off

Eh, it was reaching for it, but I am trying to think of ways that Mulligan could conceptualize it.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

The Strong Female Protagonist is Mary.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

So just to be clear she's kinda sorta had feelings for him this entire time and he just admitted to regularly invading her subconscious in her sleep

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Patrick is way, way above needing consent for any use of his powers, we've been shown this already.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
God

I miss that art style

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Parahexavoctal posted:

was this not on the page when you loaded it?

Hahahahahhahaa I only see the updates as they're posted here, I don't think I've actually ever been to the website proper, drat. I've just read enough webcomics to recognize this exact pattern. I feel slightly proud but also dismayed at my prescience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

Patrick is way, way above needing consent for any use of his powers, we've been shown this already.

Allison just jokes about it all too with a smile, doesn't even bring it up as a bad thing until later when she's upset at him for other reasons.

• Locked thread