Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

etalian posted:

Couldn't they just not broadcast either their job or the fact that they voted for Trump?

it has to come up eventually and it probably happens sooner than later in DC of all places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

etalian posted:

Couldn't they just not broadcast either their job or the fact that they voted for Trump?
They need to keep their linkedin profile so they can get a non-Trump job.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

considering who they work for and support, have they just considered straight up lying?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

🕯🕎🕯I hope their families disown them their friends dessert them and they die soon and embarrassingly🕯🕎🕯

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

it has to come up eventually and it probably happens sooner than later in DC of all places.

Well DC is such a lame lanyard overrun place that "Where do you work" is the most over-used icebreaker.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

etalian posted:

Well DC is such a lame lanyard overrun place that "Where do you work" is the most over-used icebreaker.

they should ask who's boot do they lick instead

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Gringostar posted:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lol the comments are on point

https://twitter.com/rthrkissawookie/status/1010151265509265410?s=20

https://twitter.com/wmd404/status/1010155499239628801?s=20

https://twitter.com/JimmyMCurtis/status/1010159040578707461?s=20

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gringostar posted:

BERNIE!! <3 <3 <3 :swoon:

edit - also stalin

Epic High Five has issued a correction as of 17:30 on Jun 22, 2018

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

etalian posted:

lol

seems like a true believer position, especially for trump who isn't interested in the existing party patronage ladder

and if you're a trump true believing arothir woman, there's probably good odds you think you're like tickets to first night, that is, that no one will want you after the 31st. so you'd be playing for keeps rather than just a hookup while you pretend it's just a gig.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

twitter is a cesspool but angry twitter can be pretty fun

also lol:

quote:

Young staffers have had to develop a keen sense of just when to have “The Talk” with romantic partners. “I’ve still been able to hook up with women,” says a male former White House staffer. “But I know that I need to be careful about broaching the Trump stuff. I just know that going in, I need to be able to get it out at the right time and not get it out too early to the point where it’s like, ‘Hey, I worked for Trump, you should stop talking to me,’ but late enough in that eventually they know that there is this information floating out there that I worked for this guy and hopefully you have now seen that I’m not a horrible person and we can go further with this.”

gonna put the odds that this dude date raped someone at .9999999999 repeating

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/danmericaCNN/status/1010122242469060608

https://twitter.com/mexicanfoodfrea/status/1010208239068303360

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It always makes me laugh, What did they think would happen?

Trump made tariffs and other punitive measures a part of his primary platform.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

etalian posted:

It always makes me laugh, What did they think would happen?

Trump made tariffs and other punitive measures a part of his primary platform.

They thought everyone else was afraid of the big strong man and would never fight back.

That's what they always think

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ikanreed posted:

They thought everyone else was afraid of the big strong man and would never fight back.

It's this. They think all foreign policy can be boiled down to who's the bigger alpha male, and the only problem the U.S. has is electing wimpy Democrats. Now that we've got the most alpha male (lol, a prissy, catty real estate developer who loves gold) in the White House, no one will dare mess with us!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ikanreed posted:

because they're all insecure dweebs who lived in suburbs they're whole lives who think that facial hair and a motorcycle make them as tough as the memes they post of facebook make them out to be. the reality is, of course:

https://twitter.com/OregonJOBS2/status/1009609733316079617

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

its definitely the democrats' fault for holding him back

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ikanreed posted:

Also he novel concept of how other countries can use the exact same punitive tools in a trade war.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

etalian posted:

Also he novel concept of how other countries can use the exact same punitive tools in a trade war.

I'm not sure if they think they couldn't. Just they won't.

You know the whole altymyer authoritarian personality or Eco ur fascism thing

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Even if alpha strongman tactics somehow worked, it’s hilarious that they think TRUMP of all people can pull it off. Dude acts like a whiny, petulant pissbaby on a good day and the only reason anyone has ever given a gently caress about him up to this point is that he’s (allegedly) rich. On the stage of international relationships, no world leader gives a gently caress about your personal wealth

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kit Walker posted:

Even if alpha strongman tactics somehow worked, it’s hilarious that they think TRUMP of all people can pull it off. Dude acts like a whiny, petulant pissbaby on a good day and the only reason anyone has ever given a gently caress about him up to this point is that he’s (allegedly) rich. On the stage of international relationships, no world leader gives a gently caress about your personal wealth

Foreign leaders care about your personal wealth if you are bribing them but Trump is too cheap and stupid to do that and absolutely can't compete with the level of bribes being thrown around by Putin, the CCP, or the house of Saud.

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 19:45 on Jun 22, 2018

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

uhh the POTUS has historically cared about rich as gently caress people.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The farmers told themselves Trump would be good for business and all that stuff about upending the trade system that massively benefits US farmers above all while deporting their exploited immigrant labor force were just lies Trump was telling to trick the rubes and make the media look stupid for believing him, while Trump's secret true beliefs perfectly matched whatever they personally want.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

The farmers told themselves Trump would be good for business and all that stuff about upending the trade system that massively benefits US farmers above all while deporting their exploited immigrant labor force were just lies Trump was telling to trick the rubes and make the media look stupid for believing him, while Trump's secret true beliefs perfectly matched whatever they personally want.

Them not believing or wanting any of the racism and projecting their personal beliefs onto him doesn't jive with how they all still love him despite being well aware his trade wars and elimination of their exploitable workforce is ruining them. Unless they think that this is just some 12D chess and any day now he's going stop the deportations and give every republican voter 100 free mexican slaves.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
they avg trump voter doesn't care if he hurts them as long as he hurts non-whites even more. it really is that simple

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Krugman lays out some truth in his new article about how there's not an "immigration crime crisis" like Trump says. But he should have specifically called out several NYT reporters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/21/opinion/blood-libel-trump-immigrants.html

quote:

No, the real crisis is an upsurge in hatred — unreasoning hatred that bears no relationship to anything the victims have done. And anyone making excuses for that hatred — who tries, for example, to turn it into a “both sides” story — is, in effect, an apologist for crimes against humanity.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Maybe they're really, really stupid about politics.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Krugman lays out some truth in his new article about how there's not an "immigration crime crisis" like Trump says. But he should have specifically called out several NYT reporters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/21/opinion/blood-libel-trump-immigrants.html

Also a Princeton study found 1st generation US immigrants have a lower crime rate than the horrible white locals.

Ironically 2nd/3rd generation crimes are hire than 1st generation so I guess they learned from our wicked ways.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

Them not believing or wanting any of the racism and projecting their personal beliefs onto him doesn't jive with how they all still love him despite being well aware his trade wars and elimination of their exploitable workforce is ruining them. Unless they think that this is just some 12D chess and any day now he's going stop the deportations and give every republican voter 100 free mexican slaves.

That would mean admitting to themselves if not to others that they were wrong and stupid the entire time.

Remember that they're in this mess because they're the kind of people who lie to themselves or they would have been like "hey wait what if he really does start a trade war with the country that buys my crops while deporting my workers" and then they wouldn't have voted for him in the first place.

E: And they definitely wanted the racism, they just assumed that when Trump said deport all the immigrants he didn't mean the ones providing them cheap labor specifically, just all those other ones speaking Spanish in Wal-Mart and making them dial 1 for English.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

they avg trump voter doesn't care if he hurts them as long as he hurts non-whites even more. it really is that simple

Yep this is it. They are literally children and they will never change their minds no matter how much ~outreach~ people want to try. Human waste every last one of them. gently caress them all.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Maybe they're really, really stupid about politics.

Nah, they're just very willing to pay a small price if they think that brown people are getting hit way worse. When you hear them whine about it like MAGA-Soybeans from the article it's because they feel like the price that they're paying for satisfying their enormous sense of racial grievance is slightly too high.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oops, thought I was in the failing nyt thread with that last one.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/diceman10000/status/1010164442749898752

trump plz stock pain pills at every country kitchen buffet and stuffed into the unlimited breadsticks at olive garden

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

pain killers could be OTC and wouldn't be a serious issue if we weren't living under the yoke of a system that, by design, isolates and atomizes everybody in it to better exploit them

you could get amphetamines over the counter, and buy opium by the bottle for most of the history of this country lmao

PostNouveau posted:

Oops, thought I was in the failing nyt thread with that last one.

every thread is the failing nyt thread

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Epic High Five posted:

you could get amphetamines over the counter, and buy opium by the bottle for most of the history of this country lmao

even if they kept the prices the same they’d never make any of that stuff OTC in fear that the suburban populace abusing them would collectively kill themselves off in a few months’ time

can’t sell dead folks opiates and the diarrhea pills to offset the opiate side effects

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

I think it jives pretty well. There is plenty of baseline racism out there, but what really motivates these voters are the pet policies they project onto the empty suit of Trump.

It goes right along with the trope that "conservatism can't fail, it can only be failed".

Any day now, Trump will perfectly enact their pet project and bring on a thousand years of peace and prosperity. In the mean time, the only reason he isn't is roadblocks being thrown up by Democrats, the Deep State, and Fake News. It can't possibly be because their pet policy has any negative consequences.

Sure, the Richard Spencer types project their vision of white Utopia onto Trump. But Evangelicals just see deporting the Muslims. The coal miner just sees coal jobs. The small business owner just sees tax cuts and deregulation.

Hell, the local conspiracy theory radio show host thinks that Trump's real mission to to save the US from the New World Order and tell us the truth about Roswell. It's all the most facile projection. Nothing more.

It gives these people too much credit to think that they are planning anything more than 2 steps ahead. Trump is Santa Claus. They will cling to the idea that Santa will bring them the exact gift they desire. And if the gift doesn't show up, then it's just because they didn't look under the tree hard enough yet.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yep this is it. They are literally children and they will never change their minds no matter how much ~outreach~ people want to try. Human waste every last one of them. gently caress them all.
Slightly disagree - some of the people on the margins are gettable, and can be (with a lot of patient effort) convinced to vote Democratic. But then they watch five minutes of Fox News and revert back into chud-dom. Any hard-won gains made with these people disappear in the next election. My favorite example is Indiana - a hard-red state that Obama won (!) in 2008. Obama delivered for Indiana, by bailing out the automakers (Indiana has a huge auto manufacturing sector) and trying to give its residents better health care. They responded to such entreaties by...voting for Romney by 10 points and Trump by 20.

Any efforts to woo these people would be much better spent cultivating and developing our own voters - all the African Americans and Latino/as and young people and poor people who currently don't vote are much more fertile ground. They're much easier to persuade, much more likely to stick with you after one election, and appealing to them doesn't piss off and demotivate other parts of your base coalition.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Kit Walker posted:

Remember when Trump said he could get the pharmaceutical companies to voluntarily drop their prices just by asking them to? LOL

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Knight posted:

Remember when Trump said he could get the pharmaceutical companies to voluntarily drop their prices just by asking them to? LOL

worse, the fucker is still claiming that's what's going to happen despite clear statements from the drug companies to the contrary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

I honestly think the suburban CHUD is so atomized that they can't concieve of society affecting them directly.

Even in their rahowa fantasies, its always individual thugs that threaten them.