Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I considered watching this, but then I saw that Jared Rosholt was on this card and welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Wise Learned Man posted:

I considered watching this, but then I saw that Jared Rosholt was on this card and welp.

At least they had the good sense to leave him on facebook

Looking forward to seeing Timur Valiev. He looked really good in his WSOF run and I was hoping the UFC would pick him up along with Moraes since he was clearly the next title challenger there, but this could be a good opportunity for him.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Skjorte posted:

He actually went "ow, I don't want to do this type of fighting ever again; that poo poo hurt" in the backstage footage they posted, so I hope he doesn't become a regular there unless they pay surprisingly well.

That's probably a good decision for everyone involved. My guess is that they are paying surprisingly well (relative to c-tier MMA paychecks) and that they'll go broke in a show or two.

I'm guessing they hadsome dumb initial investment to be able to pay em cause I doubt you can make that kind of money they'd need to pay the roster they had on a podunk show in Wyoming. Not that like, anyone there is a person who gets paid real money, but convincing 8+ ex-UFC/Bellator fighters to re-enact Bloodsport is something that I'd imagine is typically out of the budget of a random Wyoming promoter, even with them jumping right into PPV for extra cash.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wyoming gets a lot of rustic techbro money so someone willing to drop a half mil to take in a quarter isn’t that far fetched.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
It's funded by art davie. Throwing a bunch of money at stupid poo poo is basically his full time job

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Calcio Storico begins tommorow.

GDT here
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859506

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

vainman posted:

It's funded by art davie. Throwing a bunch of money at stupid poo poo is basically his full time job

Oh that explains it. Xarm didn't work, but clearly this guy knows how to pick winners.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wrong thread!

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Pole Harris is back, in leglock form!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jolassanda/status/1007962651849379840/video/1

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Bellator continues their unwanted rematch series in September with Wanderlei Silva/Rampage Jackson 4.

:toot:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Reminder that PFL 2 is tomorrow night.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It's actually a pretty worthwhile card, too. Buscape vs Will Brooks, Efrain Escudero vs Jason High, Brian Foster punching a man, Kayla Harrison's debut.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

https://i.imgur.com/MGXAL75.mp4

14 years ago today.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Memento posted:

14 years ago today.

... Rampage took Arona's soul away ...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1009854286610747397

Boy I'll tell you what

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

that's a good rear end fight

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
feel like mousasi is a competent enough striker and take down defender to gently caress rory's nose up

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I’m very down with this

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I don't see a Thatcher vs Bendo happening. More of a Koreshkov vs Bendo.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
Yeah I expect Mousasi to gently caress Rory up. If Weidman was having trouble holding him down, I seriously doubt Rory will be able to, and I'd be surprised to see Rory win the stand up.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Didn't Scott Coker immediately after Rory said "let's do this" say "no"?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
He might have balls, but hes stupid.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

ill have the soup

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1010228882715435009

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

I'm imagining your Kreiger avatar touching himself to this news.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

:vince:

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
drat I can't wait for Machida V Fedor

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Scott Coker keeps this up, he'll be able to completely recreate a 2007 UFC Fight Night card

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Machida is past his relevance and this probably means easier fights for more money, good for him

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Round 2: FIGHTO!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Matt Lindland posted:

.... same

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

ccubed posted:

Bader will defend his HW championship against Machida, Cormier, and Jones, in order.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Matt Lindland posted:

:emptyquote:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

ccubed posted:

Machida has a great highlight reel.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Machida has a great highlight reel.

Does someone have a GIF of the 4:59 KO of Thiago Silva? That's my favorite Machida KO, tho Rashad is a close second :allears:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm almost positive the heavyweight tourney has had at least one injury so far, make Lyoto a late-sub

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Does someone have a GIF of the 4:59 KO of Thiago Silva? That's my favorite Machida KO, tho Rashad is a close second :allears:

i still don't think i've ever seen such a one sided fight between two ufc caliber guys. maybe sherk/gsp or rumble/bader but those had big physical disparities. machida just made thiago look like he didn't know how to fight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Foul Fowl posted:

i still don't think i've ever seen such a one sided fight between two ufc caliber guys. maybe sherk/gsp or rumble/bader but those had big physical disparities. machida just made thiago look like he didn't know how to fight.

Bader wasn't dwarfed by Rumble. Rumble is huge, don't get me wrong, but Bader is huge as well. He was just really really afraid of getting hit by Rumble and with really good reason.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
in my mind bader is about five foot two in that fight but i think you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Foul Fowl posted:

in my mind bader is about five foot two in that fight but i think you're right.

that was the Rumble - Charlie Brenneman fight